[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    Atsou wrote: »
    Has anyone got a feel for how big the drop rate for stones and such are in S3 battles yet?

From what I hear from KR forum, it's even lower because the drops got diluted with other items.
    Purple and Orange mats both have higher drop rate which kind of equals out.

Someone in test server grinded Deep Corruption and the drop rate for Paradise Enhancement Stone was lower.
    I don't think people have enough data to make a statement for Raid maps.

"(Season 3) Paradise Enhancement Stone’s drop rate has increased drastically." :s but where
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Akki wrote: »
    Mixxia wrote: »
    So if anyone wants some perspective on the enhance rates...
    It takes on average 10,621,060,739 weapons to go from +3 to +20 as posted earlier

So how much time does it take to go through enhancing a weapon till it breaks/succeeds? Maybe you could do 1 per min with all the animations and resets?
    So you could do 60/hour. If you played 10hours/day that's 600/day or 220,000/year

So if you played 10hours/day 365days/year and had an infinite supply of weapons, enhance stones and elixirs and all you did all the time you were on was enhance it would take you on average 48,000 years to +20...from +3 without any runes. If you had an infinite supply of +15 weapons it would still take you 4.3 years to get +20 on average....

Since we dont have infinite weapons how about 1 weapon to enhance per day on average (which is still unrealistic). On average that's going to take you 29,098,796 YEARS (29 Million years) to get +20.

Well the devs said that they don't want people to get +20 that easy. And +20 will never be a necesity for anything. They introduced it just so people have some kind of goal, even if it's almost impossible to do. They also said that the live success rates will be different from the test server, so we might get higher rates. They said that you'll never need anything more than a +15 so I don't see the problem with that, people that want to sacrifice hours and hours or a lot of money to get that +20 are free to do so, it's all just for fame as you won't really ever need that kind of weapon.

Putting a carrot in front of players to futilely chase usually doesn't work out. You can go check the BDO forums & Reddit if you'd like to see how happy players are when you actually need the highest enhance in the game to be at the top and players fail at doing so. Their rates are booty also, but at least they have failstacks to increase the chance. Still, once they fail people realize all that grinding was for nothing. A 1% chance at +20 is utterly ridiculous, and because of how probabilities work, that means that far fewer thank 1% of players will ever even see it.

To put something into the game and tell players that no matter hard they work towards it, no matter how much effort and time they put in, no matter how skilled are at clearing content they will likely never achieve it is a joke. The DOL is a joke. Vindi has become a joke with these changes. This is CNN.
    BloodAngelMrGold
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    ikevi wrote: »
    So what is the actual goal
    Quality +1 coupon from daily missions exchange shop? Is it true? :O

We have had that for a while. It only works on 1 star items. All it really does is makes it so there is no risk to craft an orange item yourself instead of with a npc.

no there is a +1 quality booster listed. There is also the 2* quality booster we have now. Im curious on how many coupons it will cost, considering 5* gear :o

the +1 quality coupon costs 80 daily tickets
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • IcoIco
    Vindictus Rep: 975
    edited May 28, 2017
    I just don't like the way things currently are and the devs have done nothing to make the game more fun to play. Oh boy! ONE more raid boss that'll be the main thing for a couple of weeks and then no more new content for a couple of months (even more so if you're not in Korea)! Now it's just quality of life updates that just lets you clear things faster and reach endgame content and go back to waiting some more months for only a new character/weapon to come out and we do the same grind of old bosses all over again.

There's just too much content that's being staggered on over to NA since we don't even have 95 gear yet (let alone the stuff that comes before that too). Even with the 95 gear in Korea, all they have is Neamhain and Dullahan to do.
    Instead of having the the grind for +20 gear, I'd rather have the "endless grind" be on things like what they did for Neamhain where, if you complete that 100 times, you get a new skill and decent stat increases before that (and you only get to complete the run at least twice a week).
    In NA, they pretty much ruined the market the moment rare 90 gear was obtainable in the seal shop since all those rare drops you received in raids are now worthless on the marketplace. The only thing actually worth something in raids would be the enchant scrolls and even those are dropping in price.
    I feel that old Season 2 had it right in terms of gear progression, since Nighthawk gear was easily farmable and was actually a decent set of gear to get you going. In addition to that, getting rare mats required a large sum of money or for a person to get the drop in the raids. If you needed money back then, all you needed to do was farm Twilight Desert breakoff runs or get lucky in raids to craft your gear.
    From what I hear, orange tiered 95 gear is going to be insanely hard to come by so that might be a good thing (unless NA decides to put it in the seal shop again, then we're back to where we are today)

But with how things are going, we're just going to end up with another update that gives people an easier time to go through content rather than helping new players become better at their characters with new challenging raids. The least devcat can do is make it so the old content is stat capped correctly to make the bosses actually a challenge again and not just flinching sandbag bosses for high level characters. The most the devs could do is actually add new bosses that can last the players a while before they release something else for the players to enjoy.
  • Riy45Riy45
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    Has anyone translated the character backstories?
    Where can I find them?
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Akki wrote: »
    Well the devs said that they don't want people to get +20 that easy. And +20 will never be a necesity for anything. They introduced it just so people have some kind of goal, even if it's almost impossible to do. They also said that the live success rates will be different from the test server, so we might get higher rates. They said that you'll never need anything more than a +15 so I don't see the problem with that, people that want to sacrifice hours and hours or a lot of money to get that +20 are free to do so, it's all just for fame as you won't really ever need that kind of weapon.

No one needs to enhance in almost any game with enhancing, but it can be a major enjoyment factor to the game. Most people want to be powerful even if they have to work for it for awhile, but the rates right now (and probably when they make them slightly better) make reaching the top a lottery roll. A major problem is going to be that the gap between +12 and +15 is going to be much greater and people with +11s-13s are going to be in bad shape with this patch. They are going to make getting to 12 easier at the cost of making it harder to get 12-15. Also, while we may never or rarely see people with +18-+20 (unless they do some enhance events) we are still going to see on day one some +16s and maybe even a few 17s and the gap between 15, and 17 is going to be huge as well. You also never really need even a +2 but id rather kill something much quicker and with more damage getting you more cores you can potentially kill something much faster and get more loot.
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    ikevi wrote: »
    So what is the actual goal
    Quality +1 coupon from daily missions exchange shop? Is it true? :O

We have had that for a while. It only works on 1 star items. All it really does is makes it so there is no risk to craft an orange item yourself instead of with a npc.

no there is a +1 quality booster listed. There is also the 2* quality booster we have now. Im curious on how many coupons it will cost, considering 5* gear :o

the +1 quality coupon costs 80 daily tickets

Thanks for info cube :3
    80 coupons is fair imo :)
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    edited May 29, 2017
    To tell the truth, the update comes with so many good things that we already saw in the clip. But It has some problems too.

What are bad here:

1. Removing the animation for drinking potions and repairing. I say its a step backward for an action game. Drink while running takes penalty. Stand and drink right way for the bonus effect. Same as repairing. The game already has its own way to deal with situations. It makes players watch their backs and think what they can do in a battle not a mindless one. And its so right for a battle like Neamhain.

2. First, I want to say I don't dislike the +20 enhancement system. Its just sooner or later, back when I was from Eu server, someone already found +16, +17 enhancement after +15, that at this time people said its "dead code". But i know one day it will come be true.

So the first problem for +20 is a success rate. Knowing as a player, there is no way I don't want a better weapon If I know I have a chance to get it. Of course with the change of reviving weapon, it prevents players from continuing booming their weapons. But its not a good way to go. People will keep trying and do it. Till they realize all they invest and do is just wasting and got nothing back. What comes will come. Game becomes frustrating, boring etc...

3. So many years passed, and now suddenly with this update, you add so much ADD Damage to enhancing items. Knowing you still want to make money, but its not the way to go. Getting too much Add Damage just make the game so easy and its called single handy destroy the game. That's not I call about "Enhancing gameplay" but actually "Ruining gameplay".

4. A painful loop. Waiting for new update, new boss, new char etc.. Kill boss, finish content nothing to do, then wait for another update.

What We expect or what it should be:

1. Keep the animation for drinking and repairing.

2. Increasing the success rate for +16 - +20.

3. Rework for Add Damage for enhancing items. Less Add Damage for enhancing armor. Less Add Damage and Pure "Damage" from +16- +20. Instead of adding more Damage and Add Damage from +16, I suggest that you add more the movement speed and attack speed to these weapons over +15.

Why to do this? Because it's what I call "enhancing gameplay for players" not "ruining gameplay for themselves and another ones". Admitting that weapons from +16 must have an advantage but it should make players enjoyable not just melting boss as you put an ice stone under the sunlight.

For now only 1 item (Werewolf Paw) and several buffs from skills that increase these stats in battle. Also as the end game player, nothing makes you feel enjoyable than watching your character attacking so fast and smooth with their moves.

4. Setting up a long goal for players and rewarding for the time player spend. You do good with Neamhain why you don't keep doing it. Also You have so good materials but you choose to remove them not rework with them. Instead of removing gauntlet and Labyrinth , merge it with Abyssal arena. Rework these areas, make them fit each level.

Like For 10-50: you can earn EXP, AP boost; From 60-89: some EXP, AP, Gold; Over 90 : Gold, Rare, Scrolls etc...

* Create a betting system: With a limited times each week. You can bet some gold before doing a raid like S3:

E.g. Betting 100k, 300k , 500k gold for increasing 50, 70 ,100 % stats of boss with limited clear time. In exchange you get % bonus gold from your betting gold , also rare , scroll. The more you bet, the more chance you get. Maybe a 100% for rare, scroll for some members of your party with highest bet! Its just an example( Literally a hero mode for S3 but You can choose your own pain). Also everything you add in game, make sure players can get an achievement for the time they spend.
    BloodAngel
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    ISeeFire wrote: »

What We expect or what it should be:

1. I agree, keep the animations. The most they should do is shorten the animation for repair kits.

2. They should not increase the chance of +16~20. That would make another player stat hyperinflation unless they decide to lower the stats of all weapon. I would say keep the chance until +15 the same and higher the chance for +20 from 1% to 2~3%. 1% is just hopeless.

3. Yes, Additional DMG is out of the scale right now with this update. I'm pretty sure the current +Additional DMG from enhancing is fine. However, the movement speed bonus you added is not really what we want (it breaks the gameplay). I think just ATT SPD and ATT is good, maybe slight crit increase in certain enhancement rank as well (e.g. +1 Crit at +15, +1 Crit at +17).

As of Additional DMG on armor, I'm not really sure if I'm for it or not. Enhancing armor right now is pretty much useless and becomes something you do when you have no other stuff to min max. But Swagger Resistance can f*** off.

4. We definitely need faster content. And not ones like Abyssal Arena or Ancient Lakiora which is just a copy paste of the content we already have, but new stuff. The rate of new raid release is absurd. Some people say "But the new raids are unique and special! It's natural they need more time!" but I disagree. It's just the developers being lazy.

Until the current director, DOL, we have been getting average 6~7 Raids per year, and each director completed almost one whole Season in their 2 year director time.

But what do we have now? Since DOL we have got 3 raids: Abomination, Dullahan and Neamhain.

3 RAIDS IN MORE THAN 1 YEAR

Abo and Dullahan is also in the top 3 most annoying raid ranking alongside with Bark (which DOL developed when he was not a director).

Neamhain is cool and stuff, but it's just one simple map with two bosses repeating patterns.

Games like Vindictus need faster content or the players will get bored and leave.
    This is happening in Korea right now and Nexon is trying hard giving out free stuff to keep the players, but still, they are leaving.

I'm sure this patch needed a lot of time for development and most of the content is actually very very nice.
    It's just 3 stuff that makes it so bad: Additional DMG, Swagger Resistance, Removed Animation.
    But honestly, this is not what the players wanted.
    It was more of "finally, they changed/fixed this" patch than an "I'm excited to start/keep playing" one.
    kls9
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @LynnCUBE That's pretty accurate. Reading your patch notes translation and when I read the fix for screenshots lagging a bit at the end of battles my reaction was "THAT WAS A BUG???" Cause I always thought it was net delay or something because it never happened to me while solo-ing. It's just laughable that they wait so long for something people have been complaining about since the beginning and amazing that we start telling them they're @#!$%& up with these new changes and they still don't care. Well, we'll see how the game turns out but right now it's not looking so hot I'll say that.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    I just don't get it why they change endgame stuff that has NO relation to people quitting the damn game.

The main point was literally : we're losing players, and it's mostly people quitting at around lv 30's.

So explain : why the f**k are you doing changes that doesn't even relate to lv30s at all ?
    This seems mostly bullsh*t reasons to sell your ultimate/last bs such as 1% +20 enhancement (which someone, somehow, IS gonna get because that's how "rng" works, trust me), super broken additional damage, super stats ranking or the last but not least broken runes/absolute enhancement stones. (whatever it is)

You are quitting at lv30 because it's hard ? How can you consider Blood Prince hard.
    ??????????????

You are quitting at lv30 because it's annoying ? No wonder when you are lv30 and still have only 1/4 of the skills of your char.. or the fact all bosses until Sanctity/Depths are literally the freaking same.
    I'll forgive Perilous Ruins for being the tutorial part of the game.. but here's the other dungeons :

-Hoarfrost Hollow bosses : axe1, axe2, slingshot1, slingshot2, slingshot3, axe3, snek, pot-thrower, Kobold Chief.
    - Ainle : mace1, mace2, Kalis (but he's super slow so w/e), lancer1, lancer2, lancer3, lancer4.

There is also the problem of the sub-quests being atrocious grind fests, which they adress here but that's like... the main reason why the game is boring.
    Or at least, Bryialne Heart actually has a decent drop rate, but it's not easy to get that decent drop rate WHEN THE BOSS IS RANDOM. Like, can you simply make Bryialne appearing 100% of the time during Revenge/Decisive Battle ? No, instead for some reasons, we have Mad Grizzlepaw/Shadow Fang/Embermain, literally pointless.. THIS is the problem, not Bryialne Heart's drop rate...
    Same for White Scale frags, Everwhite appears RANDOMLY, you HAVE to get a specific map out of 4-5 for him to appear, this is the freaking problem, not the fact he doesn't drop anything. (maybe increase his evil cores by 1-2 I admit)

I can also understand that some raids are now normal battles like Ahglan, Thor, CBH, Colru.. they are sub-quests after all most of them. But Keaghan ???? THE VESSEL OF CICHOL HAS NOW ~100k HP ????? What the f**king f**k.
    "Spike" difficulty ARE needed on a game to make it interesting.. to show your mistakes, learn more about your char, and so on. Now what ? It's going to be even worse than before.

Hell, currently having a lv60 Spears Lann with +5 Taonus, haven't started Rocheste, I'm actually doing a few runs in Hero at Hoarfrost Depths. Getting Raging Ekuloch right in the face and getting arse-kicked because one hit pretty much rekts you like 3/4 of your HP (cancer poison debuff), and it's enjoyable.
    Now ? We do Hero at lv90 ? The f**k is this ? I wanna have fun and I wanna learn my chars, s3 raids doesn't teach you sh*t, it's just mechanics with non-variable attack patterns OR recycled boss. (hello Glas)

DOL is absolutely terrible at directing. And people were complaining about HJH ? DOL is the same, force 1000. This update makes this game like Fairy Tail is on the current shonen market : complete garbage trash, with good hyped moments that are literally RUINED by SH*T other changes.
    We go from a grindy game to a "everything is handled on a diamond plate now" game. Yeah diamond seeing how spoiled the lv 1-89 actually is now with that "RISE" update. (more likely "FALL" yeah as previously said)

Disguting.. it's disgusting.. I'm disgusted.

Literally the only things you had to do : - heavily revamp the cancer sub-quests from s1

- let the following bosses as raids : Ingkells, Glas, Lionotus, Keaghan. About s2 idk, AT LEAST Havan, Juggernaut, Enzo and Crom ? But Crom goddamn it.. he is a 150k HP fodder now, like.. what ? WHAT ? Absolutely pathetic.

- yeah in short don't make it easy mode.. also what's the point of having easy mode ?
    "Players have difficulty chosing between Hard and Normal"

Real traductiion : our players are too autistic to pick easy mode if they are stuck in their main story. Our players are too autistic to read what hard mode gives out compared to normal.

I don't know if I'm full of angery, crying, depressing, upset or I don't even f**king know anymore... it's just terrible.
    BloodAngel
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Question for anyone...

Are enhancement elixirs only obtainable if you have a lvl 90 in the future update? I know they made hero lvl 90 so I'm curious bout this.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    DownIoad wrote: »
    Question for anyone...

Are enhancement elixirs only obtainable if you have a lvl 90 in the future update? I know they made hero lvl 90 so I'm curious bout this.

they also drop in royal raids as of right now
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited May 29, 2017

Started to watch this video,didnt finish yet thoe.Unless i am missing something,the user did revive a weapon and could still enhance it further.The weapon was boomed @+10 and was still+10 when revived.I also didnt bother going throught the comments associated with the Rise threads since they seem more complaintive than informative

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    JessGame wrote: »

Started to watch this video,didnt finish yet thoe.Unless i am missing something,the user did revive a weapon and could still enhance it further.The weapon was boomed @+10 and was still+10 when revived.I also didnt bother going throught the comments associated with the Rise threads since they seem more complaintive than informative

its live server.

the enhancement changes are only on test server right now...
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited May 29, 2017
    JessGame wrote: »

The Rise content doesn't hit the normal server till the 1st... So you are looking at the system we have right now. (Likely that person was doing mass +15 attempts before the +15 chance drops though it looks like they stopped at +13.)

With the Rise content they don't even need to go to the forge anymore.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Oh ok,thx thx guys
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Riy45 wrote: »
    Where can I find them?

I'm in the process of translating them in game atm. Lann is the only complete one currently. But soon on the website we will have them there too. They will be more detailed as in game so you will have a more detailed story about the character to fill in some holes the game intro leaves out.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Where can I find them?
    Where can I find them?

I'm in the process of translating them in game atm. Lann is the only complete one currently. But soon on the website we will have them there too. They will be more detailed as in game so you will have a more detailed story about the character to fill in some holes the game intro leaves out.

I was going to translate as soon as they came out in the main website.
    I do have some stories from screenshots of the vindictus book given out in summer showcase, but I don't have it for all characters...
    ...is my current excuse for being lazy because they are preeeetty long.

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2075&l=133333
    Karok story for example^
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I can't read Korean, but judging by pictures used the backstories are probably the same / similar to what we have now for some characters: There was also Sylas comic, but the translation was unfinished and I wasn't sure whether it was official.
    That being said - until they are translated by someone or get released here, You can enjoy these listed above.
    2edgy4u