[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Temporal and stigma es buffed? More crit or what? :o
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited May 29, 2017

Stigma 1more Crit. :eyes:
    And afaik, Time has something like +5 stamina, to "concur" against Enduring that is now rank 8.

In short, switch to Stigma while it's cheap xd
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    edited May 29, 2017

Putting a carrot in front of players to futilely chase usually doesn't work out. You can go check the BDO forums & Reddit if you'd like to see how happy players are when you actually need the highest enhance in the game to be at the top and players fail at doing so. Their rates are booty also, but at least they have failstacks to increase the chance. Still, once they fail people realize all that grinding was for nothing. A 1% chance at +20 is utterly ridiculous, and because of how probabilities work, that means that far fewer thank 1% of players will ever even see it.

Lol BDO equipment never breaks. What's even better that you can only fail +17 and above. And your enchant will never go under +16 lol. Most only go up to +18 anyways.

The only thing that break in BDO are accessories and most only go up to +3.

Vindictus makes BDO enchantments look like easy mode and that's pretty bad. Devcat need to get their heads out their butts on this crappy enchantment system they have here
    Herpador
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    ikevi wrote: »
    Question2 wrote: »
    It's sad how derpcat's corporate culture doesn't allow anyone there to tell the director how dumb his ideas are. Like...not a single person there points out the problems in anything he does, he just gets a blank check to do whatever. At least you don't see mcdonalds or whatever suddenly deciding to replace their core product with one that tastes worse, and the dumbass who decided that gets to keep his job.

Have you read the Korean comments? Folks are really telling him what they think of this. At this point my guess is he would be out of a job if he listened to them and removed the things folks are QQing about and if it doesn't turn out the way he wants I am sure nexon will just put in another director. Question is how many less resources the next director would get.

Side note. I understand in principle why they wanted to revamp the early material, but why? Anyone new still will get through it extremely fast and now be stuck with even less "end game" levels to work on.

If anything they should have just cut out some of the stupid go to colhen -> roch -> colh quests, and made it so everyone got ~2x xp/ap from what they get in normal runs.

As for tweaking endgames... Well obviously I am not fan of most of his plans. Personally most days I want say normal S3 hard levels. Toss in a few where I like the macha challenge while wearing all enthu gear. I hardly ever run "hero" unless I am leveling an alt. So why are we instead going to have to do hero or easy? That over the fact that I will never get better than a +15 is going to make me play less and less. (I don't run Redeemers/ein so what else is there going to be for me to do?)

Like i said, derpcat corporate culture. It doesnt matter what KR players tell him because he wont listen, he would only listen to people in the same company.
    Xie
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited May 30, 2017
    Meta wrote: »

Putting a carrot in front of players to futilely chase usually doesn't work out. You can go check the BDO forums & Reddit if you'd like to see how happy players are when you actually need the highest enhance in the game to be at the top and players fail at doing so. Their rates are booty also, but at least they have failstacks to increase the chance. Still, once they fail people realize all that grinding was for nothing. A 1% chance at +20 is utterly ridiculous, and because of how probabilities work, that means that far fewer thank 1% of players will ever even see it.

Lol BDO equipment never breaks. What's even better that you can only fail +17 and above. And your enchant will never go under +16 lol. Most only go up to +18 anyways.

Vindictus makes BDO enchantments look like easy mode and that's pretty bad. Devcat need to get their heads out their butts on this crappy enchantment system they have here

So the items aren't lost on TET failure or whatever? That was my understanding, that going for the highest enhance/enchantment could result in destruction, unless I misunderstood and it's as you said, only going for DUO, TET, or whatever on accessories.

Regardless, agreed, Vindi's system is ridiculous. Lineage/L II are the only other titles I know of with such ridiculous penalties on failure.
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720

Stigma 1more Crit. :eyes:
    And afaik, Time has something like +5 stamina, to "concur" against Enduring that is now rank 8.

In short, switch to Stigma while it's cheap xd

Already using stigma because of the higher crit resistance compared to master :P (i'm Orianna in game btw! :3)
    Gewellirious
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    edited May 30, 2017
    Hello guys.

This is the translation of the second Director's Notes posted on 30.05.17

Click HERE

/ / /

So +20 and Additional DMG is staying without changes.
    It's good that Swagger Resistance and Repair Kit Animation is drawn back and I thank DOL for this, however the main problems are still there.

It's like someone took a **** on your pasta, removed it after few seconds and told you it's okay to eat now.
    LoLoBootySirRFIkls9BloodAngelZaeadraPrototypemindmisakamisaka
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Already using stigma because of the higher crit resistance compared to master :P (i'm Orianna in game btw! :3)
    I know :3
    PhoebeHalliwelBloodAngel
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited May 30, 2017
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    Hello guys.

So +20 and Additional DMG is staying without changes.
    It's good that Swagger Resistance and Repair Kit Animation is drawn back and I thank DOL for this, however the main problems are still there.

Hopefully Korea continues to apply pressure to the DOL to scale back these enhancement and additional damage changes. DOL likes to kill a fly with a bazooka...

DOL correctly identified a problem with power creep. Due to free giveaways and cheap mats players were able to reach +15 too easy. Many players quit when they feel there is no reasonable progression. The power creep could be reset gradually over time by releasing 95 weps and putting hard controls on 'freebies'. Instead the DOL devises a whole new tier of enhancement and stats overhaul. The DOL qualifies the changes by saying that players don't have to or need to go higher than +15. It completely ignores the fact that players are always trying to improve when there is a reasonable progression. They won't stop at +15 either.

I think the repair kit change is a telling one: The DOL feels are repair is difficult to execute for solo players. Rather than try to improve the existing repair situation he decides to make an extreme change to no animation. The advanced repair kit was designed for that purpose but hasn't gotten traction yet because the crafting cost is prohibitive and it cannot be bought from the vendor shop. Those two changes alone would alleviate the situation.
    BloodAngelZaeadra
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    I think the repair kit change is a telling one: The DOL feels are repair is difficult to execute for solo players.

Usually the best option when soloing is to not have to repair. I guess this is a lost concept.
    NakrastGewellirious
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    "added a debuff which will greatly decrease all actions of the players for 3 seconds upon the use of the Redeemer's potions.
    Before, there was the penalty of not being able to move while using the potion, but now players are able to move but at a very slow pace."
    -from DOL

That just sounds disgusting. I never liked the feel of moving slowly
    Prototypemind
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    They want to make profit from this we cant do anything. Its hard to make them cancel/revert the +20 system, when they have a plan to add the "special stone" for +15.

I think most of people are angry about +20 system because the reviving weapon cant be enhanced anymore , plus the success rate for new enhancement levels are too low.

For me I just hope they will balance the Add Damage, make it less harmful for the game.
    Gewellirious
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    I know this might be too much to ask, but is it possible we can get stats on the scroll changes / new scrolls?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    By the way, since pre 90s cannot be enhanced to +15 any more - what happens to these already existing?
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Whatever enhancement they're at is what they'll stay as if it's after +12.
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    Meta wrote: »

So the items aren't lost on TET failure or whatever? That was my understanding, that going for the highest enhance/enchantment could result in destruction, unless I misunderstood and it's as you said, only going for DUO, TET, or whatever on accessories.

Regardless, agreed, Vindi's system is ridiculous. Lineage/L II are the only other titles I know of with such ridiculous penalties on failure.

Nope, you can go as high as you want and it will never break, what you lose is durability and you just need to buy the same weapon (expensive) or buy memory fragments (expensive but less than buying the same weapon) to restore dura. Dura only goes down to like 20 so the weapon is still usable.

Only thing that breaks are accessories
    Prototypemind
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Atsou wrote: »
    I know this might be too much to ask, but is it possible we can get stats on the scroll changes / new scrolls?

I'll start working on it :*
    PhoebeHalliwelAtsouBloodAngel
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    edited May 31, 2017
    JessGame wrote: »

Wait I just watch this clip again. And the Evie in this clip has over 200k AP. Really? Tons of my AP were wasted because of 50k cap. And in KR they have over 200k AP. :'(

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited May 31, 2017
    Here's all the action changes.

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    ISeeFire wrote: »
    JessGame wrote: »

Wait I just watch this clip again. And the Evie in this clip has over 200k AP. Really? Tons of my AP were wasted because of 50k cap. And in KR they have over 200k AP. :'(

You can have over 50k AP. The 50k AP cap is only for the meditation skill.