[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New character Miri, Lynn 2nd weapon reveal & more.

KiwaKiwa
Vindictus Rep: 2,280
edited June 7, 2017 in Future Content

img_screen_05.jpg
img_screen_06.jpg
img_screen_01.jpg
img_screen_02.jpg
img_screen_03.jpg
img_screen_04.jpg

http://heroes.nexon.com/promotion/2017/rise/miri

Monoha wrote: »
Miri_1.gif
Miri_2.gif
Devcat sneaking in some Miri gameplay

Rise Update Translated here: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/5404/vindictus-rise-update-patch-notes-translation/p1
Question2 wrote: »
This is what some korean speaking friends translated :

6th of July : new character named Miri

10th august : lynn 2nd weapon, seems to be called blitwe or something like that

Additional background lore for each character

Quick story battle : looks like quick battle but auto selects the next one that you need for your quest

New tutorial

Dont need to use boats to go from one battle to the next, or maybe this is only for story battles

You dont have to walk to places to finish quests anymore (going to different areas to talk to NPCs probably)

Battle clear window now comes after 10 seconds

All battles are now at one board

Skipping NPC text

Colhen graphics improved

Tieve graphics improved

New intro to s2 story

Faster in combat movement speed of some kind

Rework of perilious ruins (no other dungeons mentioned so far)

Armor repair kits are now instant, no animation needed

You can open mail from everywhere instead of manually running to the mail box

All battles are now 4 man except for RRs and Neam

All difficulties merged into a new normal mode

s2 story battles changed to be more like s1 somehow (not sure)

Everything from s1 to s3 callidus is "single mode difficulty" whatever that means (balanced for 1 person maybe?), everything after is "party difficulty" (whatever that means)

Ein lacher bosses have 50% less hp

RRs = 12 people max, but clear times should be 2x faster now (probably hp nerfed, etc)

Some new stats are visible, possibly just for quick battle limits, seems to be ATT + DEF and CRIT + BAL

Multi processing added to over 50 battles

6 new skills for dark knight/paladin (each)

Revamps to enhance/enchanting
- 4 enhance runes consumed = +1 enhance coupon
- 4 enchants failed = 100% success enchant scroll
- 3 broken enchant rune pieces = enchant rune

UI improvements/cleaning, not sure, maybe optimization

Outline for normal mobs (a outline drawn around normal mobs to make it easier to see maybe?)

Item colors will actually mean how rare the item is now (they were doing this from the beginning, but messed it up by adding junk gear with purple color names, etc, guess they finally decided to fix it)

Better inventory sorting or something

Can enhance in your inventory instead of going to Ferghus

Better enchant UI (less pages i think, instead of needing to go place scroll + item then go to the elixir page)

Better marketplace advanced search

Reduced awakening stones to only two ranks

Simplified drops (less junk drops probably, and/or merging more of the s3 shards so they stack better)

Improved character goal rewards (you get runes for the level 95 reward apparently)

s3 story now gives you a box that you can open and choose the reward you get, one of which is a OJ essence (im willing to bet that charaters who have completed the story do not get compensated for this)

All armor masteries merged into one

Merging some scrolls with similar stats into one (probably merging stuff like valor/blood lust)

http://heroes.nexon.com/news/update/view?postno=790&bbsno=5

SlothPrincessMewMewRenBoatGodLoneWolf96BloodAngelNytsuyaOrder5KrazieCallistheneSirRFI

Comments

• JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    The Last Draker? what does that mean
    Kiyouji
  • SignustSignust
    Vindictus Rep: 760
    edited May 21, 2017
    Its the weapon we've all been waiting for, the dreaded umbrella. At least I can use it to protect myself from the tears.
    SaphreeMrGoldOrder5PrototypemindSLAMMENING420
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    deleting my lynn hold up
    BloodAngel
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited May 21, 2017
    +20 enhancement?
    Great, more rng, because the game lacked in that (sarcasm)
    BloodAngelTheWhiteLordMadGodDragonic
  • aegeahraerherhaegeahraerherh
    Vindictus Rep: 670
    I'm scared of the +15 to +20 thing. And everything else looks pretty cool so far.
    Did the video say anything about optimizing the game? I hope it is with all the environment things they showed.
    BloodAngel
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    "Revamps to enhance/enchanting
    - 3 broken enchant rune pieces = enchant rune"

is this what we ask them for? reward for dedication? is that +1 coupon works for enhancement above +10?
    BloodAngel
  • AsannamiAsannami
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    MochiSweet wrote: »

is this what we ask them for? reward for dedication? is that +1 coupon works for enhancement above +10?

That's what i want to know too. I wouldn't mind if reaching +15 now was like reaching +10 and +20 like getting a +15, you know, the enhance chance.
    Because so far, this is the only thing "meh" to me from all of the news we got
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060

I hope it does, but they also said something about a new rune, that prevents booming, but resets enhancement, so dunno to which runes this applies.
  • AsannamiAsannami
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    Nakrast wrote: »

I hope it does, but they also said something about a new rune, that prevents booming, but resets enhancement, so dunno to which runes this applies.

isn't the rune that they will add to the seal shop? the one that costs 300 seal? protects your gear, but if you fail the enhance will reset to +0
    To me at least, that's an awful rune
    NakrastSlothPrincessBloodAngelSLAMMENING420
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited May 21, 2017
    Asannami wrote: »
    Nakrast wrote: »

isn't the rune that they will add to the seal shop? the one that costs 300 seal? protects your gear, but if you fail the enhance will reset to +0
    To me at least, that's an awful rune

Yes i meant that one, and yea, it looks kinda awful to me too.
    BloodAngel
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited May 21, 2017
    what bugging me is, seeing how the new contents are being disliked much on youtube, hope someone from KR can translate and tell us how exactly KR think about the changes

edit: well can somehow figure it out, probably that +20 enhancement
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    what bugging me is, seeing how the new contents are being disliked much on youtube, hope someone from KR can translate and tell us how exactly KR think about the changes

Working on a full translation of the Patch Notes
    MochiSweetLoneWolf96NakrastBloodAngel
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240

But yeah they are hating on the +20, during the reveal they were all hyped up for everything shown except for the +20 and because of that the Director got no applause when he showed up on the stage lel
    NakrastBloodAngelPrototypemindSLAMMENING420GhengisJohn
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    A lot of comments in the video have a "20" along the unreadable text. Luck that at least the number system is international.
    Btw, doesn't Miri look a lot like Evie?
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited May 21, 2017
    If you go to the comment section and search for the number "20", you can kinda tell what the Koreans think about this update. Don't even need a google translate for that.

My guess is that DevCAT knew this +20 thing and the "no enhancement after revive" features would be the two most controversial ones, especially when accompanied together. How the hell would one reach +20 when you can't enhance after revive? (Maybe with the new +1 coupons that you can buy with fail stacking fragments???) This is why they tested the waters with the revive change 2 weeks before the showcase. They knew there would be backlash and didn't want it to happen on showcase day.

Why didn't they test the water with the +20? Most likely because the trailer-promo was already done. If they revealed it along with the revive change they'd have to edit it out of the promo-trailer. My guess is they knew there would have been backlash, they just didn't want to redo the trailer.

And yeah I get Evie vibes from Miri too. The thing is, original Evie was supposed to be 2 separate classes. Scythe was supposed to be a standalone class. My guess is that Miri is actually the original Scythe class (the one that was supposed to be a separate class). Even her weapon looks like some sort of scythe chain which would fit scythe as a second weapon if scythe was a separate class. Also their names are very similar Evi- Miri. Two syllables. Sounds like sisters.
    BloodAngel
  • tank12123tank12123
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    I really hope they give PvP some love
    BloodAngelTheWhiteLord
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Will the overall chances for enhancements be raised to accommodate for +20?
  • StudentOfTheGoddessStudentOfTheGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,570
    edited May 21, 2017
    Miri looks pretty cool, based dragon-girl, and that weird looking weapon looks nice too, wonder how she will play.

From translated patch notes "A cutscene has been added when your character completes Season 1, linking Season 1 and Season 2;"
    Finally, no more speculating how the 2 seasons tie in together.
    BloodAngel
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Miri has the same-face syndrome as well.
  • RosavellaRosavella
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Holy **** this is what I call quality of life changes.