[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Proposed Changes to AP Restoration System

Comments

• NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited May 4, 2017
    I think many people would enjoy a enhancement system that rewards dedication over pure luck (for example: make success rate lower but no more breaking, like +10 -> +11 with 20% success or something).
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    i was thinking there should be something to keep players playing that are stuck in progression and might not have the same time/$ as some high end players. maybe a veteran buff to the gear u keep, like every 30 days u get +50 att/matt, 10 wil/agi/int/str, +1 crit/speed every 90 days or def/resist to armor. or perhaps once a year give coupons that only work on permabound gear, like +1, or +1*, or additional enhance attempt elixir. scroll coin shop should be a permanent thing. non tradeable ofc.

i get that they feel the need to slow down players to try to hang on to them as long as possible, but the risk v rewards we get in this game is absolutely irritating. we need more carrot, less stick. some folks might say, if people get maxed out quickly, the games gonna die. for one thing, the game is so dead atm, there isnt much to lose at this point. but also, people typically make one set of armor, and one or two weapons. nexon/devcat staff could encourage people to make multiple sets and weapons. less risks, more inventory space, better drop rates so u can make stuff more often. more customization options would be nice, the only thing we can do atm is fuse or dye.

perhaps they thought they were helping by giving gear buffs to ben chenner and lochlann, but having to make a new set for each area is annoying when it takes as much effort as it does. if we got the buffs everywhere, s3 and otherwise, i wouldnt mind taking a 50% loss in regions where ur gear isnt from. and in my own experience, having played multiple characters at the time, and preferring to use effort over cash, it still took me 2 years to fully enchant my regina armor, what with the drop rates and failure rates. now i just focus on one character, but i dont want to make anything new atm because of how much work it will take before im satisfied with it. probably just gonna skip 95 weapons. may or may not do the armor since i have a lot of fusion bait just sitting around collecting dust
    2edgy4u
  • MaryJaneMaryJane
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Yes, just let's add more features to further detour any future potential players, but more importantly--our current long-time dedicated playerbase from our already dying game! And if anyone dare to reject or oppose an idea of such magnitude such as this, let us simply turn our heads the other way to express the amount of logic flowing through our brains!
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Y'all whiners keep forgetting that the proposed changes are aimed at JP/KR/Chinese playerbases, not ours. Devcat/Nexoff couldn't care less if this region died off. We're nothing more but an insignificant cow to be milked to the last drop.
    NakrastEnigmaTaro
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited May 5, 2017
    Y'all whiners keep forgetting that the proposed changes are aimed at JP/KR/Chinese playerbases, not ours. Devcat/Nexoff couldn't care less if this region died off. We're nothing more but an insignificant cow to be milked to the last drop.

Wonderful, but game is dying in those regions too, slower than there, but still dying.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590

Pretty much that. Lets not forget you guys did get some exclusive updates Eastern didn't get. Orange 90 mats in seal shop, AP shop, you guys had the GM restore for a while Kappa. Meanwhile we have had uncapped AP for over a year so idk if NA plans to make that a thing for you. I'm at the point to where I just wanna know what the other 98 changes are going to be.
  • MaryJaneMaryJane

Pretty much that. Lets not forget you guys did get some exclusive updates Eastern didn't get. Orange 90 mats in seal shop, AP shop, you guys had the GM restore for a while Kappa. Meanwhile we have had uncapped AP for over a year so idk if NA plans to make that a thing for you. I'm at the point to where I just wanna know what the other 98 changes are going to be.

You make it sound like we as a whole community collectively asked for those things such as 90 mats in the seal shop. I can understand like level 70 gear being put there since it's hella old.. but as far as I'm concerned no one I know that actually plays the game asked for it and 99.9% of ppl that I've encountered agree with me in that it came way too early thus demotivating a LOT of ppl from actually running s3 content since seals are more efficiently attainable through basically every other part of the game besides s3 content, but also slaughtering the value of any potential drop worth a damn compared to how much cash items for example are priced for on the MP. Not everyone buys gold you know, despite the many stupid changes like that that have been implemented into the game the past year or 2 borderline enabling players to do so.

There's legit reasons why there were way more people playing the game (AFKing in town doesn't count) during s1 and s2, and not just because the game was newer but because it was better with an actual sense of accomplishment and excitement if you actually got a drop, not just throwing it away.

And to the person above me whining about "y'all whiners", at least they're trying to keep this game running in a better direction, not just accepting whatever happens happens and that's it. Unless you're just trying to outcancer their behavior then 10/10 gj :)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited May 5, 2017
    MaryJane wrote: »

You make it sound like we as a whole community collectively asked for those things such as 90 mats in the seal shop. I can understand like level 70 gear being put there since it's hella old.. but as far as I'm concerned no one I know that actually plays the game asked for it and 99.9% of ppl that I've encountered agree with me in that it came way too early thus demotivating a LOT of ppl from actually running s3 content since seals are more efficiently attainable through basically every other part of the game besides s3 content, but also slaughtering the value of any potential drop worth a damn compared to how much cash items for example are priced for on the MP. Not everyone buys gold you know, despite the many stupid changes like that that have been implemented into the game the past year or 2 borderline enabling players to do so.

There's legit reasons why there were way more people playing the game (AFKing in town doesn't count) during s1 and s2, and not just because the game was newer but because it was better with an actual sense of accomplishment and excitement if you actually got a drop, not just throwing it away.

And to the person above me whining about "y'all whiners", at least they're trying to keep this game running in a better direction, not just accepting whatever happens happens and that's it. Unless you're just trying to outcancer their behavior then 10/10 gj :)

@MaryJane
    That isn't even my point at all +sad.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

My point was the fact that each region has it's own exclusives.

That's why I also pointed out that KR got Uncapped AP and what not. I also stated that I didn't know if NA was gonna get uncapped AP since we had that for almost a year D:

Unless NA got uncapped Ap recently then I shall stand corrected on that xD
  • MaryJaneMaryJane
    You completely misunderstood what I meant +sad.

That's true, but it's also true that there's a high chance that whatever happens on the KR version eventually becomes implemented onto other versions, including NA.

I don't see what's so bad about people voicing their opinions for or against potential future changes on the forums, especially under future content.. Lol. Whether or not NA actually takes them into consideration or not is irrelevant. Sitting here and watching the game take bad turn after bad turn clearly isn't going too well... :#
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited May 5, 2017
    You completely misunderstood what I meant +sad.

That's true, but it's also true that there's a high chance that whatever happens on the KR version eventually becomes implemented onto other versions, including NA.

I don't see what's so bad about people voicing their opinions for or against potential future changes on the forums, especially under future content.. Lol. Whether or not NA actually takes them into consideration or not is irrelevant. Sitting here and watching the game take bad turn after bad turn clearly isn't going too well... :#

Normally yeah. I just have noticed that updates haven't been the consistent periods (though this applies to KR as well tbh) So a lot of things I personally think you guys should have because it's well needed like the Uncapped AP still hasn't gotten there. Then again....it took NA years to give you the reconnect from dc'ing feature I think? Not too sure. Wasn't that a recent update? There are 2 events we JUST got that Im hoping NA will give you this summer to spice things up. Tagged Saygo in the post so HOPEFULLY it happens. But now Im getting off topic +sad
  • MaryJaneMaryJane
    Normally yeah. I just have noticed that updates haven't been the consistent periods (though this applies to KR as well tbh) So a lot of things I personally think you guys should have because it's well needed like the Uncapped AP still hasn't gotten there. Then again....it took NA years to give you the reconnect from dc'ing feature I think? Not too sure. Wasn't that a recent update? There are 2 events we JUST got that Im hoping NA will give you this summer to spice things up. Tagged Saygo in the post so HOPEFULLY it happens. But now Im getting off topic +sad

Agreed. But what the game really needs rn though is new content.. specifically with new drops that aren't put on the seal shop giving legitimate players the means to sufficiently earn gold without selling cash shop items for example.. At least if this AP restoration change is implemented into NA/EU high enhanced weapon values will most likely go up..

But who's going to be motivated to enhance/sell weapons with further penalties imposed on them let alone who's going to buy them when mostly everyone is broke is beyond me.. :D Certainly not me.. but my chars already have +15 lv90s anyway so I guess I'm not really too bothered.. :p
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

Agreed. But what the game really needs rn though is new content.. specifically with new drops that aren't put on the seal shop giving legitimate players the means to sufficiently earn gold without selling cash shop items for example.. At least if this AP restoration change is implemented into NA/EU high enhanced weapon values will most likely go up..

But who's going to be motivated to enhance/sell weapons with further penalties imposed on them let alone who's going to buy them when mostly everyone is broke is beyond me.. :D Certainly not me.. but my chars already have +15 lv90s anyway so I guess I'm not really too bothered.. :p

LOL pretty much. I'm praying that we AT LEAST get part 2 of Ceara's story at least this summer. Even if it's a little but of content it's something to do.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460

Prepare to be disappointed 98 more times.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited May 7, 2017
    Novu wrote: »
    Tpyop0 wrote: »
    It is good that the director of development has called off the -1 penalty for revived weapons after a massive outcry in KR. However, even more alarming than his proposal to the equipment revival system is his supposed reasoning for making it. His reasoning for the equipment revival change is to reduce the cases in which people quit the game due to not having enough AP to revive their destroyed equipment or having their equipment vanished from failing an enhancement on their revived equipment (double-boom).

I believe his reasoning is sound. Double booming should NOT be allowed as it only causes people to rage quit. Although some high end players may hate the new system this is actually GOOD for the majority of players. Most players boom their weapons on emotional whims and then rage quit when it doesn't go their way. The best way for the game to retain players is prevent them from rage quitting.

Preventing the double boom is the equivalent of a bar cutting off an alcoholic before he gets wasted.

Except that people would just rage quit after booming once instead of rage quitting after double booming twice. The entire reason for this is content balanced for people with +15s, the attack cap system, additional damage, etc. Playerbase figures were a LOT higher before we had 5m hp bosses and most people didnt obsess over trying to make a +15 when roch/drags was end game.

Like I said before, theres no way we will get any worthwhile revamps to the core problems of the game unless the director is replaced. IIRC, the current director is called DOL or something, and is responsible for the s2 fiasco? Who was the director for most of s1? He actually did things right.

Unfortunately nexon higher ups just look at quarterly profits, not playerbase figures. So the current director just has to push out changes to encourage selling more runes, and hes set for life.

What happened to making the changes based on player feedback? Obviously, no player feedback was solicited here.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited May 7, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Except that people would just rage quit after booming once instead of rage quitting after double booming twice.

Except you get back the weapon for 10% of AP now and while it can't be enhanced anymore, you still have your weapon, unlike having nothing at all.
    I just hope the road to +10 will be improved to make this change more than viable.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Except you get back the weapon for 10% of AP now and while it can't be enhanced anymore, you still have your weapon, unlike having nothing at all. I just hope the road to +10 will be improved to make this change more than viable.

The only thing this helps with is forcing people to buy more runes if they want to try enhancing past +10.
    This helps the player population with NOTHING.

Before if you enhanced and your weapon is destroyed you could restore it anyway.
    After if you enhance your weapon and it is destroyed you could restore it anyway.

Before if you restore your weapon and you have a better one already or whatever you could always enhance it again.
    After you can't, you're just stuck with another retarded +10 that is useful only for people who either don't care about minmaxing or people who don't know how to play the game enough to make use of the extra stats.

In no way does the player gain from this.
    Only Nexon does.

I really hope this game dies.
    MyDelia wrote: »
    The only thing this helps with is forcing people to buy more runes if they want to try enhancing past +10..

And that's why I said the change will be viable if you actually are able to get +10 w/o Ferghus being cancerous to reset your weapon to +0 or even destroying it at +9.
    Otherwise, this change will be 'meh'. At least you still have a weapon to play with, since most of people rq this game because they have no back up. Better play with a +10 than with a +0, just saying.
    If you have a +12, yet fail a +10, then just try again, you don't lose your +12 so what's the matter at all ? I don't get it.

2edgy4u
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Gewellirious I think you missed a valid point @MyDelia brought up, which was that if we can't further enhance a +10 after it's ressed and we have something better, than that weapon is literally useless. We can't even try to get anything more out of it so it's a useless wep that's untradable and not able to be enhanced further. A waste of resources imo.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If the enhance rates go up to compensate I guess it's fine--which they did hint at--but if not or if they don't go up enough it will mean the resources for each weapon to +10 and beyond will be even more taxing since there will only be one failure before total loss anytime your main weapon is already higher.

While some may be okay with tedium on their games, most aren't, and never being able to craft top stat gear no matter how much effort is put in takes its toll. Maybe one day these KR devs will understand that. Effort and skill should be rewarded, not pure luck.

Anyway, they've even upset the KR players with this, so that's really saying something.
    BloodAngel
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @Gewellirious I think you missed a valid point @MyDelia brought up, which was that if we can't further enhance a +10 after it's ressed and we have something better, than that weapon is literally useless. We can't even try to get anything more out of it so it's a useless wep that's untradable and not able to be enhanced further. A waste of resources imo.

You can now dismantle the lv90 weapon afaik, not sure about that.