[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Proposed Changes to AP Restoration System

Comments

• MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited April 26, 2017
    If they just want rune money, then make the enhancement failure lock the ability to enhance until you pay an AP fee and use a special rune to continue the enhancement gamble. They still keep making the wrong move of taking the player's weapons away after an unsafe enhancement. Just lock the ability to enhance after failure, let the player use the failed weapon to farm AP, and let the player try the awful enhancement game again with their same weapon. This "make a new weapon, because the old one failed" has always been horse **** imo.

They also need to make a new mode for all existing bosses that "up" them to Neam lvl difficulty, and offer better drops like mysterious shards. So many bosses collect dust in this game, because they aren't worth the time to run given the awful rewards for clearing them. There are really only 6 raid bosses currently worth running for money, given the clear time, if you are stat capped for S3.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    MrGold wrote: »
    If they just want rune money, then make the enhancement failure lock the ability to enhance until you pay an AP fee and use a special rune to continue the enhancement gamble. They still keep making the wrong move of taking the player's weapons away after an unsafe enhancement. Just lock the ability to enhance after failure, let the player use the failed weapon to farm AP, and let the player try the awful enhancement game again with their same weapon. This "make a new weapon, because the old one failed" has always been horse **** imo.

They also need to make a new mode for all existing bosses that "up" them to Neam lvl difficulty, and offer better drops like mysterious shards. So many bosses collect dust in this game, because they aren't worth the time to run given the awful rewards for clearing them. There are really only 6 raid bosses currently worth running for money, given the clear time, if you are stat capped for S3.

Well there is the problem that no one is going to want to Farm AP left and right solely to pay for an AP fee to enhance. For now with the -1 Enhance thing dropped it's time to see how this update will got. We still have 98 other unknown changes and who knows. Maybe some of those will accompany the revival change. One can only hope.
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    edited April 27, 2017
    Uhm to prevent players from rage-quitting?

How to prevent rage-quits when you don't have players by the time you implement this? :D

Oh wait........no players, no rage-quit, it all makes sense now...
    TsiiiTheNakedDuckarkaine757Masta
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Here's some better ideas:

Option 1: No.

Option 2: if it simply MUST be done and you're that concerned with sales, then how about this.. Permabound the weapon of course, and go ahead and reduce the level of enhancement.. But don't make it so that it can't be enhanced any further. You want to increase your rune sales, right? Then let it downgrade a level, but keep the chance to enhance it further so that they'll have to buy more runes or risk not doing so and it having the chance to fail ('cause we ALL know that it'll fail more often than it'll succeed). If you go that route, remove the perma-boom thing all together and just charge more AP for restoration, which could also benefit sales by making AP capsules more valuable/important if someone doesn't want to farm, and you can do it without changing the success rates of enhancing. You win in sales, and the players eventually win with end game gear, everybody wins. (Also create a far more loyal, less toxic player base)

Option 3: Completely revamp it all together. Make it like the awakening system where you can add mats to it and have the chance of success gradually increase in somewhat small increments. You don't even need to create new items for this, just have the preexisting mats stack up for better rates. Can still use Goibniu's stones, but make them do what they actually suggest they do and increase the success rates, which'll also increase the sales of those as well. The only catch is, you'll need an INSANE amount of mats. (though this method is far too easy and thus, would't be accepted)

Either way, this director needs to be slapped for even proposing that idea to begin with..

SlothPrincess
  • MrGoldMrGold
    edited April 27, 2017

Well there is the problem that no one is going to want to Farm AP left and right solely to pay for an AP fee to enhance.

I highly doubt that, it's so easy to get AP nowadays. Players could just use kitty boxes for months to get the AP, if they wanted to be super lazy about it. I know guys that would spam "Nightmare at the ruins" so much that they'd get banned, and that was just to get 1 revive on a weapon that boomed to try again for +15.

You're telling me no one would farm AP to try to continue enhancing an already high enhanced weapon, and would rather keep starting over with a new weapon when the 1st weapon fails enhancement? Really? LOL
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

Well there is the problem that no one is going to want to Farm AP left and right solely to pay for an AP fee to enhance.

I highly doubt that, it's so easy to get AP nowadays. Players could just use kitty boxes for months to get the AP, if they wanted to be super lazy about it. I know guys that would spam "Nightmare at the ruins" so much that they'd get banned, and that was just to get 1 revive on a weapon that boomed to try again for +15.

You're telling me no one would farm AP to try to continue enhancing an already high enhanced weapon, and would rather keep starting over with a new weapon when the 1st weapon fails enhancement? Really? LOL

Idk how NA is on AP farming but then again getting weapons on NA is harder than KR after all. Also I'm trying to keep this as respectful as possible so IF we can lets not get disrespectful about it please :/
    Sylarius
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    Wow for a second I had some hope annnnddd the main reason I'm not coming back because booming is ridiculous
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    rip vindictus
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    98 changes left, how long is this plan going to take?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    We will get the changes in Test Server in May. No exact date yet.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    the more i think about it this change is brilliant >:)
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    can anyone remind me what's the first change pls? :3
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    can anyone remind me what's the first change pls? :3

Some major item change that was vaguely described.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    So I'm still confused. They're going to implement this before any of the enhancement rate improvements?
  • MrGoldMrGold
    edited April 28, 2017

Idk how NA is on AP farming but then again getting weapons on NA is harder than KR after all. Also I'm trying to keep this as respectful as possible so IF we can lets not get disrespectful about it please :/

I'm not being disrespectful, I'm telling you the facts and letting you know how laughable it is. You also just said, "Idk how NA is on AP farming", but you made the previous statement of "no one is going to want to Farm AP left and right solely to pay for an AP fee to enhance.". If you don't know how NA is on AP farming, then don't make statements like that. I'm saying this respectfully, it's ok to be wrong. Everyone is wrong some time in their life, I've been wrong many times in my life. Don't get disrespect mixed up with correction/facts.

Could you imagine if I said, "Everyone in KR loves farming AP and would jump at the chance to spend 50K AP to blow up a weapon."? I'm sure you wouldn't let that slide lol.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited April 28, 2017

I'm not being disrespectful, I'm telling you the facts and letting you know how laughable it is. You also just said, "Idk how NA is on AP farming", but you made the previous statement of "no one is going to want to Farm AP left and right solely to pay for an AP fee to enhance.". If you don't know how NA is on AP farming, then don't make statements like that. I'm saying this respectfully, it's ok to be wrong. Everyone is wrong some time in their life, I've been wrong many times in my life. Don't get disrespect mixed up with correction/facts.

Could you imagine if I said, "Everyone in KR loves farming AP and would jump at the chance to spend 50K AP to blow up a weapon."? I'm sure you wouldn't let that slide lol.

I see. Well considering i made some mistakes there in my wording I'll apologize there. Sorry about that. I should have been more accurate on my wording.

• MrGoldMrGold
    edited April 28, 2017
    No worries
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    When judging this change, we must remember -again- that developers only think about Korea when they make these changes.
    Does the concept of AP farm even exist there? Iirc that server has fatigue. There is as much AP they can get daily.

If Korean players need like one, two or three months of AP "farming" to revive a weapon due to the high AP costs and fatigue limits, then the reasoning that the director gave is not incorrect: player may quit because of that. AP capped players may not have these problems, but they can't think only in them.
    McNinja
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited April 28, 2017
    VinVin wrote: »
    When judging this change, we must remember -again- that developers only think about Korea when they make these changes.
    Does the concept of AP farm even exist there? Iirc that server has fatigue. There is as much AP they can get daily.

If Korean players need like one, two or three months of AP "farming" to revive a weapon due to the high AP costs and fatigue limits, then the reasoning that the director gave is not incorrect: player may quit because of that. AP capped players may not have these problems, but they can't think only in them.

It does exist there. Though DevCAT is looking at this in terms of new players. In their past recent devnotes they have mentioned These progress changes are for a more friendly progression system for new players. Problem is they leave so much of the major changes out most of the time the intention is overwritten with.....negative outlash because of how they.....ya know....handle and execute their notes as of recent. The last 2 revamps were great. Both being EXP revamps and I've tested them both on new characters. Very smooth progression. This revamp I hope has things to accompany what they've announced so far to make the revamp good. And i hope it's a good quality one since this isn't being done in batches.

Edit: But as you pointed how that would be the accurate way to look at things. Considering the Fatigue (which I completely forgot to factor in).
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    well, whatever. 100 changes is a lot. thats like a lot and theyre already changing a big one