[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Proposed Changes to AP Restoration System

Comments

• TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited April 25, 2017
    zHpz4jk.png

the changes are veeery ew they better not du this
    BloodAngel
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited April 25, 2017
    What a horrible idea!

"These changes may not be welcome depending on the player.
    However, in order to provide long-term stable play to all players in the game,
    We have prepared a patch for you, as we believe it is necessary to rebuild the item.
    Please look at the purpose of the change of function and cooperate and understand."

Yeah sure w/e
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    I'm kinda curious what the KR community thinks of this. any insight on that?
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    Herucross wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious what the KR community thinks of this. any insight on that?

google translate tells me some of them "know why they did this" and umm a lot of i think no please god no
  • maelturdmaelturd
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    They can single-handedly carry this game by making gachas and outfits or any cosmetic for that matter.

I don't care if everyone looks like an autobot or a tie fighter as long as people can enjoy the end game. I can't bring my friends into this game because there's no way for me to help them progress if I can barely fund myself. I don't see any way this update can help close the gap between the plebs and end game players, this will only strengthen that gap.

Boninox
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    KR is pretty Creative with their reactions to this EleGiggle
    i13324195830.gif
    AzurewraithmaelturdGewelliriousSylariusHoshinakiarkaine757TsiiiPixelPantsuPrototypemindMrGoldand 5 others.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Well the “I know why they’re doing this” is probably referring to the free +13\+15 handouts Korean players got as part of their PC Café events. DevCAT has frequently flooded the Korean market with highly enhanced weapons and it completely destabilized their economy. Now they’re like “oops sorry for all these free +13 café weapons, we take back now”.

China is also flooded with +15 weapons, they had many events flooding their market with +15’s (public enhancement anvil with their gold bots, pocket knife event which was abused). Not sure about JP’s situation. But those are pretty much the only versions DevCAT cares about: KR, CN and JP. Two of which were flooded with highly enhanced weapons through various events.

We might get that update too, not because DevCAT thinks we need it or anything, but because DevCAT can’t be bothered to tailor patches for us, so they’ll just copy-paste the same changes KR got. Like they did with the “you can’t enhance weapons 10 levels above you”. It wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes but was still included in the update. My bet is that it was not meant for us, but DevCAT slipped it in because “can’t be bothered to take it off the patch”. That update was also directed at Korean players because Korean players tend to have 12423 characters on their accounts hoarding AP. We shouldn’t have got it, as it’s not a thing in NA\EU. But DevCAT just pushed whatever was in the patch, regardless of whether it’s relevant to us or not.

I agree with that Korean player who pointed out the fact that there has been a long content drought for almost 5 months now, and this is the type of “ideas” they come up with? This is a 5 minute idea, not a 5 months one. You had 5 months and this is the type of things you come up with? 5 G’s please. God God Get a Grip Gurl DevCAT.

33k84nr.jpg
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    I've never felt the urge to quit as strong as I feel it now.... Never...
    arkaine757BloodAngel
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited April 26, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Well the “I know why they’re doing this” is probably referring to the free +13\+15 handouts Korean players got as part of their PC Café events. DevCAT has frequently flooded the Korean market with highly enhanced weapons and it completely destabilized their economy. Now they’re like “oops sorry for all these free +13 café weapons, we take back now”.

China is also flooded with +15 weapons, they had many events flooding their market with +15’s (public enhancement anvil with their gold bots, pocket knife event which was abused). Not sure about JP’s situation. But those are pretty much the only versions DevCAT cares about: KR, CN and JP. Two of which were flooded with highly enhanced weapons through various events.

We might get that update too, not because DevCAT thinks we need it or anything, but because DevCAT can’t be bothered to tailor patches for us, so they’ll just copy-paste the same changes KR got. Like they did with the “you can’t enhance weapons 10 levels above you”. It wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes but was still included in the update. My bet is that it was not meant for us, but DevCAT slipped it in because “can’t be bothered to take it off the patch”. That update was also directed at Korean players because Korean players tend to have 12423 characters on their accounts hoarding AP. We shouldn’t have got it, as it’s not a thing in NA\EU. But DevCAT just pushed whatever was in the patch, regardless of whether it’s relevant to us or not.

I agree with that Korean player who pointed out the fact that there has been a long content drought for almost 5 months now, and this is the type of “ideas” they come up with? This is a 5 minute idea, not a 5 months one. You had 5 months and this is the type of things you come up with? 5 G’s please. God God Get a Grip Gurl DevCAT.

33k84nr.jpg

Forgot to add that they had 5 years to fix the Revival system if it wasn't "intended" to work they way it always had :P

Edit: I have some decent news. DevCAT has already thought over and reconsidered the -1 enhance rank drop when reviving. So that is a plus. Gear still will not be able to be enhanced after reviving however but this is still a better result. Please check the DevNote for the updated response. Do keep in mind google translate will be wonky on translating their updated post.
    Sylarius
  • MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Thinking back if weapons weren't able to be enhanced when boomed this would have stop me from having rage quitting moments.

If they remove the -1 enhance its not all bad and probably will keep players.

Now what do they plan to do with enchanting?
    Gewellirious
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    well they just removed -1 enhance.

Now ppl won't be able to get restored +15 legitimately.
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Yeah, even as someone who never really deals with high-end enhancing, this change sounds terrible. The preventing of enhancement after revive is fine, but the -1 is just flat out stupid. There is no way I am EVER enhancing over +10 again, since if it fails immediately, I'm stuck with a +9 weapon again. If I had to guess, their concept with this was that, because more players would be going as high as possible then sticking with whatever they got instead of rebuilding to try again (and needing cash runes to do it), they reduce the enhancement to frustrate players into rebuilding anyways to get back to their old enhancement.
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    I can stomach not being able to enhance a restored weapon, though if they are going to go this route, I do hope they are intending to increase enhancement rates by a measurable amount. That being said though, they are still removing an aspect of enhancing without giving us anything in return. I expect them to at least make the rates higher to compensate for the fact that there is no second try.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I think that gear protection rune that came out during the migration event and how little people liked it or wanted to spend their weekend tickets on it was evident enough of how stupid -1 enhance level is. Still kinda upset that I won't be able to enhance after something is boomed, but maybe this will help player retention cause someone won't res their +14 and then try to +15 and not make it then quit? Only way I can see it.
  • Tpyop0Tpyop0
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    It is good that the director of development has called off the -1 penalty for revived weapons after a massive outcry in KR. However, even more alarming than his proposal to the equipment revival system is his supposed reasoning for making it. His reasoning for the equipment revival change is to reduce the cases in which people quit the game due to not having enough AP to revive their destroyed equipment or having their equipment vanished from failing an enhancement on their revived equipment (double-boom). Translation of the 2 paragraphs following the list of 3 changes to the equipment revival system in the developer’s notes is as follows:

“These changes will be applied to all equipment at the time of the update. Existing revived equipment can no longer be enhanced further. After the update, equipment that are [henceforth] revived will be reduced in enhancement level by -1 and the AP required to revive them will be reduced.

Through these changes, it will be much easier to revive destroyed equipment despite losing an enhancement level on them. The scenario in which players can no longer play the game due to losing their equipment or not having enough AP to revive destroyed equipment should be eliminated. The substantial amount of AP required to revive destroyed equipment in the current revival system prevents it from providing help to the players.”

The director of development obviously has not gone through a proper character and gear progression that a normal player goes through as it is not the revival AP requirement that makes people quit the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has not leveled a character beyond 60. The director probably did plan on adding a rune to the supply depot that would protect against the -1 penalty to boost sales but I also believe that he actually thought that the changes that he is proposing will help the game. There are 98 more changes that he will make that will likely transform the game. Based on his first 2 changes, there is a good chance that the changes will be way off the mark in solving the issues that this game is plagued with; they could very well worsen the issues. If he doesn’t understand the game that he is supposed to be overseeing, he needs to ask those that do – the playerbase. We’re in for many rounds of disappointments if the changes that are planned are not shared with the community with proper feedback before they go live.

It is obvious to me what changes need to be made to the game: make enhancing/enchanting easier so that new players have an easier time catching up to the veterans; add scaling difficulty with scaling rewards so that players regardless of gear level will have something meaningful and practical to work towards, providing incentives to play better and obtain better gear; and add complexity to character progression since character progression is the only long-term “content” that this game has and so that progression doesn’t revolve around the enhancement/enchant system.
    AnnerLoLoBootyVinseltus
  • NovuNovu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,050
    Tpyop0 wrote: »
    It is good that the director of development has called off the -1 penalty for revived weapons after a massive outcry in KR. However, even more alarming than his proposal to the equipment revival system is his supposed reasoning for making it. His reasoning for the equipment revival change is to reduce the cases in which people quit the game due to not having enough AP to revive their destroyed equipment or having their equipment vanished from failing an enhancement on their revived equipment (double-boom).

I believe his reasoning is sound. Double booming should NOT be allowed as it only causes people to rage quit. Although some high end players may hate the new system this is actually GOOD for the majority of players. Most players boom their weapons on emotional whims and then rage quit when it doesn't go their way. The best way for the game to retain players is prevent them from rage quitting.

Preventing the double boom is the equivalent of a bar cutting off an alcoholic before he gets wasted.
    BloodAngel
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Novu wrote: »
    It is good that the director of development has called off the -1 penalty for revived weapons after a massive outcry in KR. However, even more alarming than his proposal to the equipment revival system is his supposed reasoning for making it. His reasoning for the equipment revival change is to reduce the cases in which people quit the game due to not having enough AP to revive their destroyed equipment or having their equipment vanished from failing an enhancement on their revived equipment (double-boom).

I believe his reasoning is sound. Double booming should NOT be allowed as it only causes people to rage quit. Although some high end players may hate the new system this is actually GOOD for the majority of players. Most players boom their weapons on emotional whims and then rage quit when it doesn't go their way. The best way for the game to retain players is prevent them from rage quitting.

Preventing the double boom is the equivalent of a bar cutting off an alcoholic before he gets wasted.

That's how Im looking at this since reading that DevNote last night and updating the Vindi discord and this thread. But hey if players can keep a +14 after reviving instead of suffering a -1 then that's good SeemsGood. No reason to complain at that point.
  • Tpyop0Tpyop0
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    Novu wrote: »

Preventing people from double booming their equipment is fine as it potentially provides a gateway for players to quit the game for good, although I feel that such decisions should be left to the players. Removing the ability to enhance revived equipment is also fine. But these were not the main cause of the outcry.

Players are not leaving the game after booming their weapons because they don’t have the AP to restore it, they leave because they have lost month(s) of gear progression that they have invested much time and effort to attain and no longer have the will to start over with this game’s flawed enhancement system. AP is not difficult to get, and anyone that eventually ends up crawling back to the game will farm easy dungeons or buy capsules to get their AP back up to restore their equipment.

The issue with the director’s original announcement is that he lacks sufficient understanding of the game to think that the AP restoration requirement is the main culprit in making people quit the game after a failed enhancement attempt. When trying to understand this director’s thinking process, I need to consider the original restoration change announcement before the -1 penalty was revoked. The “good” part of the original change is that AP restoration cost is significantly reduced. The “bad” part is that enhancement level is reduced by 1. I can’t interpret in any other way that he is under the impression that players are willing to give up an enhancement level in favor of reduced AP restoration cost. There is absolutely no question that I or anyone that has played the game for over a month will choose to keep the enhancement level, especially at >12 enhancement level.

The AP revival revamp after removing the -1 penalty is not a bad change at all but it only happened after a widespread outcry on the forums. The game director has a history of making bad judgment calls that upset the KR playerbase in the past. He needs assistance in making better judgment calls in a form of player feedback before he implements his 100 changes.

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited April 26, 2017
    Still no hint as to what changes will be coming to the enhance system in terms of increased chances that would make this palatable. TERA still has a far better system. Yep, players rage quit, but that doesn't mean you take their ability away to continue trying to reach the highest level. Why even have that top tier of progression if players only get one try at it per weapon? Odds of ever seeing +15 will drop from astronomically small to almost infinitesimal. Next we'll loose the ability to try for an R7/R6 scroll after the third fail or some such.

Who is this guy? How does he still have a job?

This is also going to hurt the resale market. People buy +10 and higher weaps to take the chance on higher enhance, knowing they have a second chance if they boom. Who's going to pay much gold for something that may be stuck at a lower-than-desirable level?
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited April 26, 2017
    Honestly, I really don't care about the ap restore cost. I'm sitting at ap cap with nearly 150k ap in capsules that I collected from events and kitty boxes since spring 2015.

Enhancing is expensive, with terrible chances of success. This low reward to effort ratio makes people quit; which has not been addressed at all. I'd much rather have something that gives you +1 enhance at a cost of 50k ap and making the item perma bound.
    Vinseltus