[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

if only dyes weren't so RNG

lordofrangerlordofranger
Vindictus Rep: 1,130
edited April 14, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
imagine if dyes gave every color that is highlighted? instead of 1 out of 6? the cost of them would actually be worth

Comments

• maelturdmaelturd
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    WHERE'S THE ADVENTURE IN THAT??
    SekaiizCelestiaVDokkun
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Sucks having all these ugly random colored dyes that I'll never use.
  • lordofrangerlordofranger
    yes it does suck having all these clear/gray dyes that im probably never going to use.

spend some time on one ampule to even have a chance at good dyes,

HAHAH SURPRISE

you get a gray dye, you get a gray dye, EVERYONE GETS ONE
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Well, the whole design of the system is to make it hard to get what you want so you spend more money on NX to try again. Remember, Vindictus exists for one purpose only, to sell NX.
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    Well, the whole design of the system is to make it hard to get what you want so you spend more money on NX to try again. Remember, Vindictus exists for one purpose only, to sell NX.

wow no way dude... if only vindictus was big and the devs didnt have to pinch every inch to get some damn money. sht BDO has this package thing that gives you unlimited dyes and all dyes for a X amount of days
    CelestiaV
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Gray is the most popular color, everybody loves gray. You should be grateful and thanking Nexon for their consideration.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    If everyone got the dye they want we'd all have black/red edgelords
    GewelliriousBloodAngelOrder5jjXCelestiaVSylphideMoistyPickles
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited April 15, 2017
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

If vindictus has more detailed dye system like bdo then we can be much creative
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited April 15, 2017

I mused once hypothetically "how much NX would you play for an ___.___.___ RGB Dye ampoule?"
    People started laughing hysterically. I joined them.
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

Yeouch that hit home. I can't even take my black/red edgelord alt seriously anymore.
    (But I can't switch it took so much to dye D: and grey is ugly D:)
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Who cares about black/red/white colours. There's not enough golden & orange ampoules. :/
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    I need my greens, yo.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

wow no way dude... if only vindictus was big and the devs didnt have to pinch every inch to get some damn money. sht BDO has this package thing that gives you unlimited dyes and all dyes for a X amount of days

Yeah, but that's temporary. If you want perm dyes you have to play the RNG game in BDO as well. Srsly, how do players think it's okay to have to pay to rent your dye colors in a game? BDO has just as many systems in it that are a joke as Vindi.
    edited April 15, 2017

Yeah, but that's temporary. If you want perm dyes you have to play the RNG game in BDO as well. Srsly, how do players think it's okay to have to pay to rent your dye colors in a game? BDO has just as many systems in it that are a joke as Vindi.

the thing is, that infinite dye feature is tied to their VIP package thing, which is usually given out during events and can be bought with in-game currency off the market place/auction hall just like ours right now. VIP just like ours, except all ours does is give us 1 more raid run and an extra core? actually BDO's VIP package offers: unlimited and all dyes and free appearance change. excluding the other features, it's already a lot better than vindictus' vvip
    BDO: http://i.imgur.com/1MvwBN5.png
    Vindic: http://i.imgur.com/1UVNuJ0.png

and the thing about paying a small rent/sub fee to avoid rng, i can understand it, it's why most people stay away from f2p korean ported mmos.

anyway on topic: if dyes weren't tied to RNG in this game, the dye market wouldnt actually be sht, 28mil or something like that for a 25 black avatar dye, HA! yeah people only have that much due to the games gold inflation. if dyes weren't random and gave all 6 colors highlighted instead of 1 random one, there would be more dyes on the market and a lot more color variety in peoples armor/outfits.

off topic?:also 3 dollars for an avatar amp??????? 26,100NX for a bundle of 10????? FOR RNG DYES? the random dye system for regular armor is next to worthless, spend 100k for god awful preset dyes, it's like why bother paying in-game currency if it's going to turn out looking like dog dookie? also, the Dye UI is awful and outdated, can't even preview more than one dye on more than ONE equip. sucks that devcat takes almost a decade to change anything before their games turns to gutter trash.
    CelestiaVConfi
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    More dyes = more colors. Most of the dyes come from Gacha and are really saturated and bright. There are nice less saturated possible RBG's. I always buy them from MP, but I don't see more than one dye of that color ever, making color matching hard. Ofc those are only aquireable with overpriced emty dyes.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    RNG on the dye ampoules is somewhat frustrating, most of the time at the last second the UI lands on black 25,25,25 and then it lands on a brown or gray.

How about this for an idea, every time you use a dye ampoule you get a dye coupon, once you get X amount of coupons you can exchange them for a color RGB of your choice that's bound to you. Dye prices on MP be damned.
    AyPool wrote: »
    RNG on the dye ampoules is somewhat frustrating, most of the time at the last second the UI lands on black 25,25,25 and then it lands on a brown or gray.

How about this for an idea, every time you use a dye ampoule you get a dye coupon, once you get X amount of coupons you can exchange them for a color RGB of your choice that's bound to you. Dye prices on MP be damned.

GACHA DYES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we already have people spending upwards to 800 dollars for an outfit and not getting it then turning in the vouchers/coupons from buying so many. pretty sad
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited April 15, 2017
    the thing is, that infinite dye feature is tied to their VIP package thing, which is usually given out during events and can be bought with in-game currency off the market place/auction hall just like ours right now. VIP just like ours, except all ours does is give us 1 more raid run and an extra core? actually BDO's VIP package offers: unlimited and all dyes and free appearance change. excluding the other features, it's already a lot better than vindictus' vvip
    BDO: http://i.imgur.com/1MvwBN5.png
    Vindic: http://i.imgur.com/1UVNuJ0.png

and the thing about paying a small rent/sub fee to avoid rng, i can understand it, it's why most people stay away from f2p korean ported mmos.

anyway on topic: if dyes weren't tied to RNG in this game, the dye market wouldnt actually be sht, 28mil or something like that for a 25 black avatar dye, HA! yeah people only have that much due to the games gold inflation. if dyes weren't random and gave all 6 colors highlighted instead of 1 random one, there would be more dyes on the market and a lot more color variety in peoples armor/outfits.

off topic?:also 3 dollars for an avatar amp??????? 26,100NX for a bundle of 10????? FOR RNG DYES? the random dye system for regular armor is next to worthless, spend 100k for god awful preset dyes, it's like why bother paying in-game currency if it's going to turn out looking like dog dookie? also, the Dye UI is awful and outdated, can't even preview more than one dye on more than ONE equip. sucks that devcat takes almost a decade to change anything before their games turns to gutter trash.

I have no issue with sub fees; I have a problem with having to continue the sub to enjoy the game when there's also a cash shop and when the sub is supposed to be optional. SWTOR had a cash shop/in game earned means of permanently unlocking color unification so that you only have to use one dye in certain instances. In GW2 the dyes were RNG but they were unlocked account wide once you got them. On Vindi, at least once you get the dyes they're perm until you extract them, which again, is exactly the same as BDO if you don't sub. Their system isn't better from my point of view.

And actually when Vindi does have direct purchase dyes, they're cheaper than those in SWTOR, even though SWTOR pretty much requires a sub to do any relevant content.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited April 15, 2017
    Imagine Nexon finally make sense and release BOTH version of a color at once, ppl would throw their wallet at Nexon.
    And how about release old dye? I have been waiting for re-release of 17 72 9 green clodagh, and the 17 72 9 green avatar, 129 166 130 green avatar, 230 190 138 yellow avatar, those popular pink dyes...

Now I'm crossing my fingers and pray that the big update Derpcat promised for next month's will allow us to specify the color we want, or at least broaden the color spectrum.

• CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    AyPool wrote: »

GACHA DYES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we already have people spending upwards to 800 dollars for an outfit and not getting it then turning in the vouchers/coupons from buying so many. pretty sad

Like me this event...
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

Imagine if everytime you tried to do a raid, the game randomly picked the raid for you, and you had to spend NX to actually choose which raid you wanted to do.

No, wait, I got a better idea, what if the game picked which attack your character wanted to do, and you had to spend NX to actually choose how your character attacks? Dodging is RNG unless you purchase a seperate premium item as well. Also these premium items only last for 7 days before expiring.

And lets extend this to Nexon employees as well. All Nexon employees get paid a random amount every month based on Ferghus success rates, unless they purchase a premium coffee mug!