[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

After 3-4 years, I'm laying down my sword.

OlphenaOlphena
Vindictus Rep: 520
in Off Topic Discussion

I cant take this game, "game", (or lack there of) anymore.
Partially due to issues I've addressed here forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/360/food-for-thought/p1
The other reason is... well... because its boring. Listless. content dry. redundant. painstaking. taxing. tedious. not-rewarding. insulting. infuriating. frustrating. pointless. fruitless. trivial. I could go on.
Basically any synonym for Unpleasant will do.
I've spent at least $100 or more this year on this account.
I've played over 100 hours or more this year on this account.
I've leveled three characters to level 90.
I've been ranked and active on the server.
I had over 22k MATT on my main. 20k on my first alt and 18k on my second alt.
AND YET.
the cycle of nothingness has taken hold.

I have stuck it out with this game long enough. maybe one day they will announce something so big It reaches me wherever I may be.
however I think there's a more likely chance we as humans will colonize mars tomorrow than this game actually becoming 100% worth it.

You as players have been tugged around by your wallets. You've played countless hours to no avail. The RNG is so gimmicky that you might as well watch a 30 second ad before logging in your so used to the "free to play" bullshit.
NO. Free to play isn't this, Free to play is League of legends (no I don't play that millennial garbage moba .) But they still have over 100million players.
THIS, this is an insult to gamers. And to be perfectly frank the only reason people still play this is to not feel screwed out of their investments.
It'll happen anyway.
So I urge those wise enough to troll the forums.
Leave, while you still have dignity.
because this game is not getting better
It'll never get better.
You've been warned.
I will see to it that this message lives on even after the "Mods" Delete it.
If there is a will there is a way
and if there is a Vindictus
then there's an infinite number of better games you could be playing.
-With love,
Olphena. (See you all in the next life. Hopefully playing Nostalrius :D)
natrazArtori
  1. Will you be leaving for a btter game?31 votes
    1. Yeah because i value my time and money
       26% (8 votes)
    2. No, because idk what a game is to begin with
       74% (23 votes)

Comments

• MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Could you add another vote, for completely disagreeing with you?+call
    natrazAqua22
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Please do not make duplicate threads. Thank you.
    natrazPlayerOOOl
  • HonokaHonoka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    Can I have your stuff?
    natrazAbyssofthorDokkun
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Lesson to everyone reading:

+1 person quit because he didn't play Kai.
    Good Evening Kai is Best Class
    xReikonatrazArrow95DelterosThyNameIsSpazzyAqua22Zeze
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655
    Don't forget to visit when the separation anxiety consumes you :)
    natrazAbyssofthorDelterosDokkun
  • BlatantBlatant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Needs less biased poll. K thanks.
    natrazDelterosAqua22
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Olphena
    Olphena said:

I've spent at least $100 or more this year on this account.
    I've played over 100 hours or more this year on this account.

NO. Free to play isn't this, Free to play is League of legends (no I don't play that millennial garbage moba .) But they still have over 100million players.
    THIS, this is an insult to gamers. And to be perfectly frank the only reason people still play this is to not feel screwed out of their investments.
    umm ok where to begin..

1: 100 Dollars? is like nothing compared to the megabucks some people lay down daily (not important either)
    2: 100 Hours HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA
    only 100 hours HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    3: there are many definitions of Free 2 Play it just so happens in your opinion this game isnt free 2 play well lets see here is the official definition of free 2 play

" (Free-to-play (F2P) refers to video games which give players access to a significant portion of their content without paying."

so unfortunately YES this game IS technically under the strictest terms Free 2 Play is this game fair? probably not RNG is never truly fair thats just the way pseudo-random number generation works

4: can we get a less Biased Poll like seriously

5: good luck finding a game with the same combat depth as this game believe me i have tried them all (except Revelations online coz i dont read Moonrunes)
    and they all lacked the depth or fun of this games combat but thats just my Opinion on the matter

anyway have a nice day :P

natrazKuzmaDinko4TheWinAqua22
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited November 1, 2016
    Goodbye then.

You should actually quit without telling anyone; saves you and everyone else the headache and drama.
    natrazjuiceboxboxDelterosDokkun
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I like pies
    natrazjuiceboxboxXieEnigmaTaroArrow95AbyssofthorTheGreatCreidneDelterosDokkunCatAngeland 1 other.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
    natrazjuiceboxbox
  • natraznatraz
    Vindictus Rep: 590
    yep this game is a big joke after 6 years there is nothing worth a crap in it, i got all charters to 90 with 90 gear and spent nothing on it, no need to because there is nothing worth spending it on. There events are a joke, the servers are all ways dead and not once do they listen to the community, im with ya on this one. Dont let all these noobs bother you on there dumb comments ether cause they haven't played long enough to know better or there just straight up stupid if there still playing this joke of a game.
    juiceboxboxNecrochildPlayerOOOl
  • LaludiaLaludia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited November 1, 2016
    TheGreatCreidneAbyssofthorPlayerOOOlDelterosDinko4TheWin
  • ArtoriArtori
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    The toxic and salt.. gg vindi community
  • KhutulunKhutulun
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    edited November 2, 2016
    For those of you who don't want to read the OP. TLDR; I hate things and I'm going to post on the forums. Oh and it has a poll.
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    natraz
    natraz said:

yep this game is a big joke after 6 years there is nothing worth a crap in it, i got all charters to 90 with 90 gear and spent nothing on it, no need to because there is nothing worth spending it on. There events are a joke, the servers are all ways dead and not once do they listen to the community, im with ya on this one. Dont let all these noobs bother you on there dumb comments ether cause they haven't played long enough to know better or there just straight up stupid if there still playing this joke of a game.

As for this thread you will be back they always come back image
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    natraz
    natraz said:

been on EU since it opened in 2011 but do please carry on with your assumptions it gives my friends and I a great laugh :P

PlayerOOOl
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    natraz
    natraz said:

I still play, but I agree with you wholeheartedly. The ease of getting 90 gear has made the game a joke, and now they further that with the seal shop. Legit the only grind now is derp enhancing your 90 weapon to +15, and enchanting everything (both of which are aided greatly by depot items, enchant runes, and starting your boom brigade at +10 instead of +8). Since I already have both fully enchanted gear and a +15 90, what's left, right? Log in and do the same raids that I've legitimately been doing for years? No titles left to grind. No progress left in gear. Never had this problem in season 1 or 2, and raid drops were actually valuable back then. I'm hoping getting the rest of the smash update helps.
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    Tannakra
    Tannakra said:

been on EU since it opened in 2011 but do please carry on with your assumptions it gives my friends and I a great laugh :P
    never on EU but, yeah, over years I heard about this elitism of EU community.
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    I cannot believe I am replying yet another thread of a player get trapped by enhancing/enchanting/grinding/crafting.
    By doing so, you are intentionally ruining the fun of gaming.
    natraz
    natraz said:

I don't agree this game is a joke.
    It gave me a lot of fun time and it's a good crafted game.

Unfortunately I have sadly agree all the rest of your statement.

I also level up all 11 chars to level 90 without spending much NX over these years.
    And I don't feel like there is a reason to play anymore.

The only good recent events are the leveling up event ending December.

The west NA server is not totally dead, but it's still not easy to find boats you want to join.

I will probably only come back to the game again with yet a new char released.
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Hmm. I wonder why this thread is moved to here. I don't see why this is "off topic".