[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

List the classes by least to most gear reliant

SuskelSuskel
Vindictus Rep: 510
in General Discussion
Although gear does not determine ones skill in the game, gear has a big part in making a class work. As a Scythe Evie we suffer from having less attack speed than most other classes. Lanns also seem to rely on crit so much that lacking the gear hurts their performance in raids incredibly so. Looking at Kai, it seems that attack speed isn't as impactful as long as he can get crits, but he can still perform well with mediocre gear as long as the players skill and understanding of the class is good enough.

I was just wondering what others thought the order of how much the classes rely on gear, from least to most gear reliant.

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    if you count artifacts as gear, then kai is very reliant on cat statue. evie and chain vella too probably.

i'd say vella (both weapons), sword fiona, arisha, gun kai are least reliant on speed.

everybody benefits the same from bal. lann is most reliant on crit, cestus least so.

hurk has a minimum def requirement, no one else does.

staffie and sylas can fulfill their support roles without any damage stats, though spd helps sp gain.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited April 8, 2017
    lynn, vella, evie and delia attack speed reliant, every class is kinda the same but imo these are at the top. not about being skillful, but being efficient. ein lacher is sort of a test of this since the stats are standardized besides attack speed and something other stat, right?

having that high ass attack speed number can let you fit in a LLLLR smash instead of a LLLR smash, allowing you to fit in more damage between boss patterns.

i think the least reliant on attack speed is karok, fiona and kai
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    edited April 8, 2017
    I was curious about this too. I wanted a second character besides my Evie but didn't want to commit to getting much more gear than the bare minimum of whatever is required for Dullahan, as well as being fundamentally simple as a class.

If I understand correctly, Kai (Both), Fiona (Sword), and Karok (Pillar) best fit this description?
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    I will just post this here, att speed matters to kai not much as scythe evie, but for gun aim for 50speed as a min, and 60attspeed for bow as a min(low speed bow kai is such trash its no joke)
    Valeska
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    I will just post this here, att speed matters to kai not much as scythe evie, but for gun aim for 50speed as a min, and 60attspeed for bow as a min(low speed bow kai is such trash its no joke)

Any other Kai players around to support this claim?
    Enkryd
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited April 8, 2017
    Ryoukai wrote: »

not a kai player but ive been looking through solos of nemhain and saw a kai one, dunno how much attack speed he had but it looked like he was loading his xgun and popping off skills real quick.

here it is:
    Att: 27.3k | Def: 15k | Bal: 90 | Crit: 140 | AtkSpd: 74
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Lann

Everyone else
    Sef
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 8, 2017

39 speed would make the gun not as sluggish as when you first start, but once you hit 50, you are able to reload your weapon faster and load onto other actives easier. Dual hollow also becomes faster with the more attack speed you possess. There's also a mild difference between 50 speed, and 62 speed, which can be achieved with a +11 90 weapon.

71 speed would make your basic shots shoot faster than one that has 38-70 speed.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Kai definitely isn't speed reliant for Xgun. With a +12 80 I managed top damage in Eoch against some players who had better bal/crit and slightly more speed but just couldn't stay on target as well. Speed is a bonus up to a point for all chars, but Kai is the last one that I ever even look to see what speed I'm currently at or something that I look at as a priority to improve.

Sword Lann is the worst overall. He really needs to be stat capped to be reliable everywhere, and even then it still takes a lot of skill to get everything out of him. I'd much rather have a capped Cestus Karok to know that I'm going to get the best return no matter what the boss design.

Hurk needs a lot of speed, but you may as well consider the cost for capping him and Scythie if you're assuming optimal playing conditions to really enjoy either.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited April 8, 2017
    Lynn Floor: 23
    Lynn Ceiling: 50

Lynn needs around 23 attack speed to function properly in most raids (varies on height). Anything lower than this and it will be difficult just to land a Fishtail before the boss hits you. Having over 50 attack speed however, is less beneficial to Lynn than a Delia or Vella.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Ikarsu wrote: »

39 speed would make the gun not as sluggish as when you first start, but once you hit 50, you are able to reload your weapon faster and load onto other actives easier. Dual hollow also becomes faster with the more attack speed you possess. There's also a mild difference between 50 speed, and 62 speed, which can be achieved with a +11 90 weapon.

71 speed would make your basic shots shoot faster than one that has 38-70 speed.

Where are you getting these breakpoint figures from? And what are the ones for other characters?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Question2 wrote: »

Where are you getting these breakpoint figures from? And what are the ones for other characters?

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2920/xgun-kai-attack-speed as discussed and tested from Arrow95.

0, 13, 38, 71, 125 are the attack speed thresholds for basic bolt shooting.

This is only just for X gun kai. As for the other characters, I don't have much experience.
  • RolandRoland
    Vindictus Rep: 1,715
    My opinion on Kai and attack speed (xGun)

To be optimal in your damage output, you need 71 speed.

If you don't want to worry too much about gearing, you can still live comfortably with 40-55 speed without having to break your bank.

In short, Kai only relies heavily on gear if you want to be #1 DPS. You can still perform as well as others even if you don't have expensive gear.
    Quinque
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    All characters would want better stats.

Some into critical and others into speed. If you have a stupid amount of coin and plan on spending a lot then you can get both.
    Lavonne
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Lann needs crit to function, if you don't have crit you might as well just delete him (swords at least, spears are more att speed so you can fit more hits in during your spin sesh's)
    hi5joshEnkrydYureha
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Roland wrote: »
    In short, Kai only relies heavily on gear if you want to be #1 DPS. You can still perform as well as others even if you don't have expensive gear.

This literally applies to any class.

It's 2017 and Vindi players still think the class they're playing is a special snowflake.
    hi5joshEnkryd
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Roland wrote: »

This literally applies to any class.

It's 2017 and Vindi players still think the class they're playing is a special snowflake.

True on #1 DPS part, but his 2nd statement doesn't apply to speed dependent class though.

With average gear, Lynn/Delia or Scythe Evie is resorted to use weaker smash if she doesn't want to get hit.
    With low crit, good luck for Lann trying to use gilding fury at all.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    With average gear, Lynn/Delia or Scythe Evie is resorted to use weaker smash if she doesn't want to get hit.
    With low crit, good luck for Lann trying to use gilding fury at all.

First of all, I dunno why you threw Lynn in there. She's not AS dependent. If anything, too much AS can mess up her zhen timings.

Secondly, this "X class needs Y AS to function properly" is an over exaggeration and only really applies to solo mode. You can function perfectly fine with 40 AS Scythe in parties and I'm sure Delia and Hammeriona can do so too. When there are 8 players in the party or when the boss is stun-locked, you don't have to resort to weaker smashes. And even in a solo scenario, it's not all the bosses. Some bosses are sand-baggy enough to solo with 40 AS Scythe.

Sure you could say some classes scale better with AS (and no one can beat Chain Vella in that department). But this "so and so class is literally unplayable below X AS" is too dramatic. Except for Sword Lann, since the core of his gameplay is dependent on stats.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ More speed translates into bigger DPS output, even on stun-locked bosses thus most characters are heavily dependant on speed.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited April 10, 2017
    ^ More speed translates into bigger DPS output, even on stun-locked bosses thus most characters are heavily dependant on speed.

I've played multiple chars for years in the ~40 speed range and had no problems whatsoever.
    Ofc I don't care much for solos or dps di ck racing but for casual party play that speed is good enough.
    Kai?lolwat,hes like the least speed dependant imo. 'mained him for years after his relase'

Delia is indeed speed reliant tho,56 and I still feel slower than a hammer Fiona with her and its quite annoying.