[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fix the Neam bugs huh?

BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
Vindictus Rep: 1,805
edited April 6, 2017 in General Discussion
So I guess Nexon doesn't think Neamhain is hard enough. Now they rely on implementing stupid mechanisms to kill you during cutscene, or to glitch you during phase transition.2017_04_06_0000.jpg

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Yes and taking camera control away from you so that you can't see properly.
    DAOWAce
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited April 10, 2017
    ^ Numbers of times dead to Neam's gate camera focus: 3/12. (died to Neam's teleport itself the first time 'cause camera focus inverted my controls)

Number of times dead to Neams' gate itself: 6/12 (not a bug obviously, this is for reference to the above. Half of these were from being unable to get to my position in time due to being confused by the camera focus)

Number of times dead to phantom hitboxes on Neit's attacks: 14. (ex; disappearing circles before hitbox ends or being invisible entirely)

Number of times hit by phantom hitboxes on Neit's attacks: 75+. (ex; gigantic hitbox on claw models or way earlier startup hurtbox than the actual animations)

Number of times hit/killed by Neam being invisible because she's inside Neit: 3.

Number of times hit/killed by Neit's ball being invisible or inside him: 4.

Number of times killed through life flare/standing endurance from multi-hit things (ex. Neam's small ground circles): 12.

Number of times dead during a cutscene: 2. (In fact, I died at the start area on load in once, somehow)

Total runs: Probably around 20ish. Not once have I completed one; but they were all practice anyway.

Hardest raid in the game, requires mostly pay to win gear to get through and a marginally high skill level.. and it seems like it's lacking a huge amount of QA/polish (the "hang on" to Neit part.. was that even tested?). Between this and the new "shining" battles, it seems like they just don't seem to care about fair/bug free content anymore.

And for the "waaah it's your fault for not understanding how to cope with the issues the raid has" people.. Therein lies the problem with it, and your mentality. I'll say no more.

Until then, I'll be stacking defense to cope with lag/bugs in content, since no matter how skilled you are, taking damage from said lag or bugs is going to happen one way or another, and high defense is your only protective measure against it.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited April 7, 2017
    DAOWAce wrote: »
    Numbers of times dead to Neam's gate camera focus: 3/10.

Number of times dead to phantom hitboxes on Neit's attacks: 14.

Number of times hit by phantom hitboxes on Neit's attacks: 75+.

Number of times killed through life flare/standing endurance from multi-hit things (ex. Neam's small ground circles): 12.

Number of times dead during a cutscene: 2.

As someone who's doing neam daily and have completed more than100 times..I could assure you those mentioned above are your own problems.. Don't confuse bug with stuffs you just not yet get a hang with.. #gitgud
    Cutee
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ So you've got the Full Force buff as well as all stat bonuses already? Interesting.
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    ^ So you've got the Full Force buff as well as all stat bonuses already? Interesting.

Could be on multiple chars
  • EbieEbie
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    I know some people that have "run" neam more than 100 times
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Yet, you can only do 4 a week with registering the completion progress. That's 25 weeks if you bust your butt doing neam all day with a good group that practices neam to the point where they become perfect, even avoiding the phantom hitboxes (yes, there are a lot of phantoms to avoid, but usually that's the graphics card failing to render the effect(s) depending on the settings).
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    EU player here.
    I have 46 completed runs and tonight we will do the remaining 2 for this week. Makes a total of 48 succesfull runs.

Yet we did offer a carry service back then, which forced us to 'leave' at the 1 hp cutscene so we wouldnt get a run done.
    Anyway, what I"m trying to say is that I did alot of runs aswell on my staff evie. Might even be near 70-80 (if not higher).

But, I never really had any 'bugs' luckily. Neither dieing during cutscenes.
    Am I lucky, or?
    2edgy4u
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited April 7, 2017
    you just got lucky, that bug happened to me twice, once a month ago and another this week. i've done this run abountas many time as you or maybe more. I'll say it not often that it happen but it exist.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    you just got lucky, that bug happened to me twice, once a month ago and another this week. i've done this run abountas many time as you or maybe more. I'll say it not often that it happen but it exist.

as a regular member of the vindi forum, whining is part of the culture here+fight
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    I agree that neam got bugs, also that screenshot is proof of one of many... Like bug when you skip the last phase, bug when connecting party member and all others inside are teleported to the middle (best when neam does GOB or crab does ohk), other funny stuff like when ya get thrown out of ring by neam, when the purple attacks are invisible because they are little underground (but still hurts), and don't tell me all the crab circles are visible for you(I don't think devs meant them to be invisible). Also class specific bugs, UI fps drops and other vindi bugs but that's other story. Funny note: Don't know if it still exists but if the host dropped the second party member would become host but with host's character(you could play kai as lynn or so :D)

For those who runs neam daily these bugs cause no problems because they know them, how they work, how to prevent them, how to deal with them. But there are also players that don't have best gear (or recommended stats for neam 26k attack 15k def 50/90/110 ABC) trying to finish their first run, but in the end they are killed during the cutscene or something else. Imagine you could play only 40 mins a day (work or other stuff), you start neam pretty nice run but you encounter bug and can't finish the battle. So you have wasted (well you had fun playing but no reward in the end) your 40 mins for failed run.

Imo as endgame raid not only that players should be good prepared for that battle but also devs should do their best to bring players smooth and bugless gameplay.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited April 7, 2017
    ^ But devs at NoobCat are doing their best. They're best at creating new outfits and packing them into shiny bugfree gachas. Did I also mention flawlessly working depot shop?

In fact raids are actually a past time. The true endgame is where your weapons won't help you - the never ending battle against the mightiest, the most powerful, and deceitful beings in the entire Mabinogi universe. The Ferghus & Brynn duo, the true lords of all Erinn who are said to be ultimately defeated only by the mythical power of Visa.
    V0lterixLoLoBooty
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    ^ But devs at NoobCat are doing their best. They're best at creating new outfits and packing them into shiny bugfree gachas. Did I also mention flawlessly working depot shop?

In fact raids are actually a past time. The true endgame is where your weapons won't help you - the never ending battle against the mightiest, the most powerful, and deceitful beings in the entire Mabinogi universe. The Ferghus & Brynn duo, the true lords of all Erinn who are said to be ultimately defeated only by the mythical power of Visa.

because a cash shop interface takes so much time to make, right? also, I'd rather die to an occasional bug in a raid than have my money lost to a non-functioning depot.

poor visa needs a buff though. Brynn rng doesn't give a damn if you spend 10 dollars or 100 dollars +cold
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    edited April 7, 2017
    46 completed runs on my Evie and I've only encountered 1, but hilarious, bug

GYkobjv.png
    MochiSweetVladino
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited April 7, 2017
    ^Wat in the world was that....that skill looks cool tho!
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited April 8, 2017

I have 6 chars ready for neamhain. doing mostly on 4 chars and sometimes leech the other 2 on another pc.
    Vladino wrote: »
    I agree that neam got bugs, also that screenshot is proof of one of many... Like bug when you skip the last phase, bug when connecting party member and all others inside are teleported to the middle (best when neam does GOB or crab does ohk), other funny stuff like when ya get thrown out of ring by neam, when the purple attacks are invisible because they are little underground (but still hurts), and don't tell me all the crab circles are visible for you(I don't think devs meant them to be invisible). Also class specific bugs, UI fps drops and other vindi bugs but that's other story. Funny note: Don't know if it still exists but if the host dropped the second party member would become host but with host's character(you could play kai as lynn or so :D)

For those who runs neam daily these bugs cause no problems because they know them, how they work, how to prevent them, how to deal with them. But there are also players that don't have best gear (or recommended stats for neam 26k attack 15k def 50/90/110 ABC) trying to finish their first run, but in the end they are killed during the cutscene or something else. Imagine you could play only 40 mins a day (work or other stuff), you start neam pretty nice run but you encounter bug and can't finish the battle. So you have wasted (well you had fun playing but no reward in the end) your 40 mins for failed run.

Imo as endgame raid not only that players should be good prepared for that battle but also devs should do their best to bring players smooth and bugless gameplay.

Defence is irrelevant. You better have higher critical resistence. 8k def is more than enough.
    Although I do agree on the part that neamhain has some bugs, it is more of a rare case. And most players seem to fail to recognize what is intended and what is bug (for instance, those who got killed during cutscene in phase 1, you had a life flare before the cutscene and neamhain unleash a shockwave that hits exact 1 hp before cutscene. Reason for that is unknown, but you should know at least always keep your health ready at least for another life flare)
  • ValeskaValeska
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I run neam daily and can last till last phase without dying and I would have to agree with some comments here. Most of the "bugs" ARE due to the players fault. Isn't a perfect block etc etc. I can say though that a few of these complaints are legitimate bugs and that they should look into the raid itself. Example: When blocking on delia, neam will go through block, knock down invul doesn't work AT TIMES etc etc.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Valeska wrote: »
    I run neam daily and can last till last phase without dying and I would have to agree with some comments here. Most of the "bugs" ARE due to the players fault. Isn't a perfect block etc etc. I can say though that a few of these complaints are legitimate bugs and that they should look into the raid itself. Example: When blocking on delia, neam will go through block, knock down invul doesn't work AT TIMES etc etc.

I think block and dodge issues are related to bad connection, low fps and multiprocessing problems
  • ValeskaValeska
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Vladino wrote: »
    Valeska wrote: »

I think block and dodge issues are related to bad connection, low fps and multiprocessing problems

Could be but I doubt it's lag or low fps as I host neam myself a lot with 50 fps 8 man parties and I currently have 300mbps download. It could be the multiprocessing. I am merely stating that as a Delia main, she has her dodge > block (which give significantly long invul frames).
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited April 9, 2017
    DAOWAce wrote: »

Number of times dead during a cutscene: 2.

those are real problems (only those of what he mentioned)

Neit invisibru atks (the AOEs turn nearly invisible if you dont focus the camera on them the entire time)

Getting hit while your char is knocked down is another problem.

Also Heavy Stander doesnt work has intended, for example you cant hold Guard and neits AOEs but using HS gets you hit most of the time.

those 4 stuff mentioned are a real problem and only happen on that raid and needs to be fixed, its makes the raid unfair. Btw i have cleared her exactly 98 times so i know (and yeah multiple chars...DUH)