♦ What is "TIR Coin" system and how does it work?
TIR Coin is a premium currency like Nexon Cash (later called NX Cash), and serves the same purpose - it can be used to purchase goodies from Supply Depot and Avatar Shop (Beauty & Outfitter). Initially TIR Coin can be obtained from Supply Depot for NX Cash in tradeable form, and can sold through the Marketplace. TIR becomes bound to the buyer's account once purchased from the market.
Following video should explain the functionality:
Got questions or doubts?
Do not hesitate to ask, but first ensure your question has not been answered already in my second post.
♦ Why do we need TIR, especially that NX gifts can be sold for gold?
Obtaining premium goodies through NX gift sellers have few major flaws:
- The process is risky, as one of the sides can scam the other.
- The price / ratio is higher.
- Only Supply Depot contents can be gifted, which also excludes few items in addition (like runes and unbind potions).
- In case the customer wants to get a gift on another character, it's required to either move the money to it, or pay the COD from different character.
- It's not possible to keep it for later.
- Forms of announcements (usually server megaphones) are requires to notify people about selling/buying.
These flaws are solved by the system, because:
- The transaction goes through the Marketplace - there is no possibility of being scammed.
- Market rules cause the sellers to fight for a better price for the customer, rather than ask extra for being "trusted".
- TIR is account-shared, so it's possible to buy it on one character and use on another, at any time.
In addition to that, it should:
That being said, it's a win-win-win situation for people who buy NX and want benefit off it, people who need NX goodies and Nexon itself, due to higher profit and fight the threat.
- Encourage people capable of spending real money to invest more into the game.
- Allow all "free to play" players to access premium goodies, including these allowing to progress equipment safely.
- Help fighting so-called "gold seller" threat.
- Remove other forms of illegal trade, like real-money (such as prepaid cards) exchange for gold.
On side note, most people in Europe simply type "S> NX 1:800
" when selling NX gifts for gold
, but by the outsiders/law&authority it's taken as literal NX selling, which is prohibited. This leads to unpleasant situations, as seen here
(read starting from these posts). Introducing TIR would eliminate majority of NX gift sellers, therefore this unnecessary complication itself.
♦ How do you know it will work out?
In Vindictus Europe we had this system for few years, but eventually has been removed as a part of service migration. From this long experience I, and I believe most of European players who were around that time, can confirm this system/feature did it's job flawlessy*.
*Actually, in Europe it had one flaw: some goodies were excluded from the system, for reasons never provided to us. We have aimed to remove the unnecessary limitations, and this suggestion intends to not bring them here, not at least for important items like runes and unbind potions.
Check the European thread about TIR, and see for yourself.
♦ Why suggesting it now?
Actually we have suggested it on Vindictus North America / Australia forums after the service migration and TIR removal in Europe has been announced. The discussion bloomed fast, but unfortunately it turned into repetitive explanation of how things work and argument, leading the community to unnecessary confusion. I have covered up some of the questions in second post
This topic was also brought up on these forums, right after they were put online. Unlike this, it wasn't a full suggestion & explanation thread, but a question regarding the matter - if there's been any progress or decisions made by the staff towards it. In other words, it was a follow up to the previous thread and what has been told there.
Lastly, I have asked the European community to hold with bringing this topic up again on these forums. I wanted to give everyone time to see how things turns out, thus I wanted to make sure things go right - I was busy with diploma work and was unable to spend time on it myself, until now.
♦ What can I do to support this?
Begin with up-voting this and leaving a comment. Upvotes are fast, easy and effective way to show support - it's like a signing yourself onto a list. Comments on other hand brings up attention from outside the thread and keep the topic fresh/on-top.
If You can, follow up with spreading the information. The more people get interested and support this, the more convincing it will be for Nexon. Strength in numbers, Mercenaries. Do not be too obsessive though - flooding/spamming might bring reversed effect. Just do whatever You see fit, as long it doesn't break the good taste.
♦ Note to the staff
If You are concerned about TIR being abused somehow, which I assume why there's a split category for NX prepaid and NX credit - make TIR purchasable only with NX prepaid. While the system supports an exception list, please try to avoid any limitations. If they are required for some reason - please ensure that majority of content is available, including important goodies like runes (at least the regular ones) and unbinds, which are the key to equipment progression. Feel free to use any form of contact with me regarding this topic.
and 27 others.