[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So how does it work when you get banned?

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Well this 1st Strike thing is making me scared cause I think I got like 2 random DC in the last 3 months can @Saygo check this for me?

Normally that's just disconnection due to network error. I just got that recently while recording Elchulus' Ein lacher. >_>'' That's my most recent one atm.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    well, in response to everyone, ty for the tips and the support, i was able to get my account back. and somehow, i still have everything, ty lord lmfao. ill try to be active in here again, between Smite and Horizon Zero Dawn, so hopefully i see some old heads and meet new people :D
  • MalieMalie
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    Just to update my end, My Arisha was unbanned, but I now have a strike on that account. So if black cipher decides to go nuts again, its game over for that account
    totally fair. They also say the cause is not Tales of berseria...can't say I believe that in all honesty.
    So here's a list of what I THINK flags you
    Tales of Berseria
    Adobe Photoshop CS2 and 3
    Corel Painter
    Any Trojan that gets by your anti virus. Damn you Norton.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited March 3, 2017
    Malie wrote: »
    Just to update my end, My Arisha was unbanned, but I now have a strike on that account. So if black cipher decides to go nuts again, its game over for that account
    totally fair. They also say the cause is not Tales of berseria...can't say I believe that in all honesty.
    Tales of Berseria
    Corel Painter

It definitely has something to do with Tales of Berseria for my friend's case, as he had been AFK nonstop even overnight for several days straight with nothing happening BEFORE and AFTER the day of the ban. Not with the game itself, but something that is involved with the game like anti-piracy or anti-cheat systems.

They claim they confirmed it's a third-party program/ cheat for another game for the 6 people who were banned, but that's absolutely bs. They won't even name what triggered the autobans. If they researched or even googled what triggered the autobans, they would see for themselves that there is nothing harmful. No one even received "unauthorized program detected" before either. Most of the people were playing other games, but no one had any other programs open aside from those games. One person was playing another game several hours before, but was AFK at the time it happened and came back to a ban.

Nexon's already proven that they don't care about their players, especially loyal ones. They'll live by the pos that is known by BlackCipher and die by it. Many others and I have had unexplained issues with BlackCipher before that didn't result in a ban, but it was obvious how faulty it is. The players affected by this bs and those close to them are very discouraged to even continue playing or log in now. It's one thing to use a fault anti-cheat, but accusing innocent players of wrongdoing, not informing them, refusing to acknowledge the faults of BlackCipher, and refusing to believe the players is another.

If it wasn't for this crap event, no one would have even gotten banned because they wouldn't have been online to AFK for this crap. No one would have unwarranted strikes if it wasn't for this bs.

On a side note, another person was banned again yesterday and they will receive the same bs reason without knowing anything at all about what happened lol.
    Xie
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Tales of Berseria
    Corel Painter

It definitely has something to do with Tales of Berseria for my friend's case, as he had been AFK nonstop even overnight for several days straight with nothing happening BEFORE and AFTER the day of the ban. Not with the game itself, but something that is involved with the game like anti-piracy or anti-cheat systems.

They claim they confirmed it's a third-party program/ cheat for another game for the 6 people who were banned, but that's absolutely bs. They won't even name what triggered the autobans. If they researched or even googled what triggered the autobans, they would see for themselves that there is nothing harmful. No one even received "unauthorized program detected" before either. Most of the people were playing other games, but no one had any other programs open aside from those games. One person was playing another game several hours before, but was AFK at the time it happened and came back to a ban.

Nexon's already proven that they don't care about their players, especially loyal ones. They'll live by the pos that is known by BlackCipher and die by it. Many others and I have had unexplained issues with BlackCipher before that didn't result in a ban, but it was obvious how faulty it is. The players affected by this bs and those close to them are very discouraged to even continue playing or log in now. It's one thing to use a fault anti-cheat, but accusing innocent players of wrongdoing, not informing them, refusing to acknowledge the faults of BlackCipher, and refusing to believe the players is another.

If it wasn't for this crap event, no one would have even gotten banned because they wouldn't have been online to AFK for this crap. No one would have unwarranted strikes if it wasn't for this bs.

On a side note, another person was banned again yesterday and they will receive the same bs reason without knowing anything at all about what happened lol.

the problem with this, and im not accusing your friend, im sure it IS a mistake, is that if nexon were to tell a person who is actually doing malicious stuff what the flag was, they would in turn go and make a workaround for it. i play another game where they just added an anticheat system as well, and everyone went up in arms about it. but by their viewpoint, telling people why they were banned is not a good idea.

again, not saying your friend/friends were doing malicious stuff, just why that part of it needs to be understandable.

on the other side, i got a fairly quick response from a gm, so hopefully if they send in a ticket they will too? they took about 72 hours to get back to me the first time, but after that i was receiving responses about every 24 hours. i do believe it got a strike tho, even tho i was hacked, i believe >.>
  • TamagoTamago
    edited March 3, 2017
    Ragnastorm wrote: »
    Tales of Berseria
    Corel Painter

the problem with this, and im not accusing your friend, im sure it IS a mistake, is that if nexon were to tell a person who is actually doing malicious stuff what the flag was, they would in turn go and make a workaround for it. i play another game where they just added an anticheat system as well, and everyone went up in arms about it. but by their viewpoint, telling people why they were banned is not a good idea.

again, not saying your friend/friends were doing malicious stuff, just why that part of it needs to be understandable.

on the other side, i got a fairly quick response from a gm, so hopefully if they send in a ticket they will too? they took about 72 hours to get back to me the first time, but after that i was receiving responses about every 24 hours. i do believe it got a strike tho, even tho i was hacked, i believe >.>

I disagree that it would be a bad idea.

If someone were truly using something malicious, that person would know for sure it was because of that and would know they were guilty. They would have taken measures to work around it regardless of whether they confirmed it was that or not. They can just keep testing it.

There were at least 6-7 people banned recently who were playing other games, while 1 or 2 were playing other games but were banned while they were AFK or offline. Everybody knows it was something falsely flagged, even when Nexon refuses to listen to them. They don't research what was flagged or investigate cases like they claim, or they would see that they are indeed false flags. Many of these people all were AFK nonstop for the event before as well as after the days of their autobans with no issues and there were no changes in what was open except for another game on the days the autobans occurred. These people are just left in the dark and if it is truly something that could have been running such as a SpeedFan (monitors temperatures, this was in a link I posted in a previous post), then they won't be unbanned next time due to the strike already on their accounts.

Your case probably did not get you a strike, but the 6-7 people I know of all had strikes that they refuse to remove. I've done plenty of explaining already in this thread, but even I am sick of Nexon because of this entire situation. I'm not sure if I will stick around much longer after seeing how they truly treat their players and don't care for loyal players. I've been with them since 2007/2008 and I refuse to support them any longer.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    edited March 3, 2017

oh. i wasnt assuming i got a strike. i was told i have a strike lmfao.

idk, hold the pitchforks for now lol. like i said, ive been with them for a long time too and from how they used to be to know is completely different. hopefully your friends get the dumb ban removed and can go back to playing like normally :<
  • TamagoTamago
    edited March 4, 2017

idk, hold the pitchforks for now lol. like i said, ive been with them for a long time too and from how they used to be to know is completely different. hopefully your friends get the dumb ban removed and can go back to playing like normally :<

Wtf is your strike for lol? ............
    They were all unbanned, but they have strikes now........
    XieDelterosSylphide
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited March 4, 2017
    It doesn't make sense if one gets a ban strike because they got hacked while they were on a year hiatus or something. =.=
    I mean, that's something that's out of the user's control and the user was not even present when it happened so it doesn't make sense at all.

Also on another note, it's probably a silly thought but do you think it's possible for the bans that Black Cipher thought that some legitimate players were bots? I've known for a while that more and more bots have names that became more similar to legitimate players. Maybe it's possible that random players had met certain conditions that made Blackcipher mistook them for bots? Maybe afking for long periods of time? Or maybe some part of the conversation made Black Cipher thought that they were a bot?

Q0M91WM.jpg

• RagnastormRagnastorm

yeah, im not the person to ask lmfao. they said they looked at my account, noticed suspicious activity, and that since i had no priors they would unban me. but to be careful, cause if it happens again, it's on me. so now im scared of opening anything else that isnt my browser LOL
  • TamagoTamago
    edited March 4, 2017

yeah, im not the person to ask lmfao. they said they looked at my account, noticed suspicious activity, and that since i had no priors they would unban me. but to be careful, cause if it happens again, it's on me. so now im scared of opening anything else that isnt my browser LOL

Their policy needs some reworking too, honestly.
    Even though BlackCipher is crap, their policy is even crappier.
    I'm not even surprised at their response to you lol........
  • MalieMalie
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    You got the same response as me...

Wow.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    speaking of being scared, when you guys visit forums, does your browser show your connection is secure? i cant seem to find a way to do it, no matter if you put https or just going straight to nexon.net. happens on both firefox and chrome. just wondering since i feel like if i get hacked again, im screwed royally lmfao
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    speaking of being scared, when you guys visit forums, does your browser show your connection is secure? i cant seem to find a way to do it, no matter if you put https or just going straight to nexon.net. happens on both firefox and chrome. just wondering since i feel like if i get hacked again, im screwed royally lmfao

Only while I'm logging in or going into the Billing section, it does show that Connection is Secure. But on other parts of the sites it doesn't.
    I guess try updating and running some virus/malware scans then changing all passwords. Maybe, also check Review Purchases and your cards to see if anything seems out of place.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Xie wrote: »

Only while I'm logging in or going into the Billing section, it does show that Connection is Secure. But on other parts of the sites it doesn't.
    I guess try updating and running some virus/malware scans then changing all passwords. Maybe, also check Review Purchases and your cards to see if anything seems out of place.

oh, so its normal? okay thats good. thanks for the insight +best
    Xie
  • FUASHOFUASHO
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    i just got banned when i was selling nx gift... is it prohibited or something? i could not enter my character after dc. i dont know whats going on :( Or because i wrote ''trusted'' when i was selling them? i am not on the list but i sold some gifts so i wrote that. im afraid my character will get permanently banned :(
  • TamagoTamago
    FUASHO wrote: »
    i just got banned when i was selling nx gift... is it prohibited or something? i could not enter my character after dc. i dont know whats going on :( Or because i wrote ''trusted'' when i was selling them? i am not on the list but i sold some gifts so i wrote that. im afraid my character will get permanently banned :(

Ehgess said it's not prohibited, so.....
    They'll probably give you some bs response saying you were banned for suspicious activity then when you ask for details, they'll say you had a third-party program open for another game even when you didn't. They'll then refuse to believe you and refuse to remove the strike.
  • FUASHOFUASHO
    Vindictus Rep: 400

They'll probably give you some bs response saying you were banned for suspicious activity then when you ask for details, they'll say you had a third-party program open for another game even when you didn't. They'll then refuse to believe you and refuse to remove the strike.

OMG! they said that i was banned because of selling NX or NX code..... i can just say.. wow.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm

oh wow? nx selling is allowed now? that was a big no no back in the day lmfao
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited March 5, 2017
    It is not.
    But you can gift nx items for gold at your own risk.

However you need to be clear you are trading the gifts if you opt to do that.