[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

would vindictus die if gear didnt bind

SuhpremeSuhpreme
Vindictus Rep: 3,935
edited March 21, 2017 in General Discussion
imagine if you could just send over your highly upgraded gear to an alt to use

what if ur weapon didnt break, but just degraded by 1 level if failed

what if the profession/crafting system wasnt useless

what if tieve never died
XieBloodAngelmisakamisakaRena_RyuguPrettyyLordAlucardEch

Comments

• SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    What if the game was so easy there was no point in playing since everyone can cap.
    BowtacojrVoldaireKiyouji
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    The binding should be account tied, not character tied. That and it shouldn't be limited to three times before it perma binds.

Enhacing needs a complete overhaul but this is not going to happen.
    GewelliriousXieRivaVoldaireLordAlucard
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    TERA is still alive and well and you don't have level loss on enhancement failure. BDO doesn't have loss/destruction until very high level. Both games are much more successful than Vindi, in fact.

Unbinds aren't something I'm fond of. Weapons becoming less and less valuable when moving them to enchant/enhance further or if you buy them with only one bind isn't my favorite. I don't mind spending money on cosmetic items and conveniences like pets, but I hate having to spend it to get in game items that are essential to complete certain items.

Crafting isn't that bad. It sucks below 90 now because of the free gear, but the free gear wouldn't be necessary if drop rates weren't so horrible when the population drops off. Crafting would be amazing at all levels if one, the chance of 3* and higher were increased, and two, it were possible to either get infusions by chance on item creation--better still, if there were a way to choose an infusion for items when crafting and have a set chance at getting them.

Would the game still be alive? Definitely. Might even be doing better than it is now. Gotcha boxes and cost-metics are what keep this game afloat, and there'd likely be even more money going into all of that if people didn't have to spend real money on unbinds.
    MadcobraKaiTheArcherKiyouji
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Wow, spoilers on the last one dude. I never knew Tieve died ;(
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Yes
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    But Tieve never died mate

*spoiler
    AyPoolKiyouji
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Yeah, I never understood why gear was character bound instead of account bound. It makes sense to have to unbind equipment if you're selling the equipment to another player, but a different character on the same account? They should allow bound gears to be tradeable among characters on the same account and unbinds if you plan on selling the equipment.
    Kiyouji
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited March 22, 2017
    Well if this happens, I will have 4 sets of fully enchanted armors to get rid off, and their prices are going to be 4 times less because everyone's doing the same.

It's not the problem with the developers, it's more like problems with the rest of the (KR) playerbase.
    Xie
  • Rena_RyuguRena_Ryugu
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    edited March 22, 2017
    TERA is still alive and well and you don't have level loss on enhancement failure. BDO doesn't have loss/destruction until very high level. Both games are much more successful than Vindi, in fact.

Only accessories can break in BDO, and you can protect them whit cron stones, buyable whit ingame gold from repair guy,
    weapon/armor loose 1 enhance lv and dura when fail, is a real pain and took me months to get weapon and offhand +19, (and i was lucky :D) pff
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited March 22, 2017
    The current enhancement/enchant system just exploits people's aspiration for finishing something. That's a fulsome way to milk money.

If that didn't exist, emm, let's take a look at what's the chance that people will buy more runes after failing so many times instead of just ragequitting. I would ragequit for sure after trying it 3 times and i wouldn't buy more runes afterwards. The effort put in getting the stones and the scrolls just doesn't pay off with the current system. It's considered as a design flaw in a game.

It would be much better if stones could only be bought with seals of bravery or something like that and it needed some mats just like the item combination. And it would also work like that, so it wouldn't destroy items and it wouldn't degrade the enhancement level. Nexon could put seals and mats in the shop if they wanted to. It wouldn't result in making the game p2w when it already is.

And the unbind stuff is completely useless. But why not disable basic freedom in a game when you can milk more money?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The binding should be account tied, not character tied. That and it shouldn't be limited to three times before it perma binds.

Enhacing needs a complete overhaul but this is not going to happen.

Nexon makes a lot of money selling unbind pots though. Especially to people silly enough to buy runes to enchant/enhance gear, then unbind to sell for gold.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Honestly? "Bind-level" should be decreased on old gear, so it's actually worth selling it. When it comes to "out-dated gear", nowdays biggest part of the item's price is unbind cost. Another issue is unbind potions availability - now that they are not giftable any more, their price on marketplace sky-rocketed. This one definitely needs to change.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited March 22, 2017

Unbinds aren't something I'm fond of. Weapons becoming less and less valuable when moving them to enchant/enhance further or if you buy them with only one bind isn't my favorite. I don't mind spending money on cosmetic items and conveniences like pets, but I hate having to spend it to get in game items that are essential to complete certain items.

Crafting isn't that bad. It sucks below 90 now because of the free gear, but the free gear wouldn't be necessary if drop rates weren't so horrible when the population drops off. Crafting would be amazing at all levels if one, the chance of 3* and higher were increased, and two, it were possible to either get infusions by chance on item creation--better still, if there were a way to choose an infusion for items when crafting and have a set chance at getting them.

Would the game still be alive? Definitely. Might even be doing better than it is now. Gotcha boxes and cost-metics are what keep this game afloat, and there'd likely be even more money going into all of that if people didn't have to spend real money on unbinds.

I dunno about TERA, but with BDO it seems that the business model for western/asian regions are different (which makes a LOT more sense, as that is the norm for licencing). So it might be that the KR version is a lot more pay2win and grindy than the western ones.

The basic concept of unbinds isnt that bad. IIRC, in the NA beta, you could only sell all equip on the MP ONCE. All items would automatically bind or something once sold. The intention seems to be to make sure that the market wouldnt get saturated by old equip. The end result was that most people just crafted equip themselves so they could sell it to recoup some of the costs later, rather than buying it and having it bind to them.

The current system doesnt make much sense though, except as a lame excuse to sell unbind pots. It wouldnt be an issue if unbind pots could be bought for gold/ap, but NX only is a huge problem. I have bound gear on some alts that I want to sell, but buying the unbind pots for them just isnt worth it. And the unbind pots just discourage people from selling anything above +8 or enchanted gear, since you are basically spending a lot of NX to gamble + unbind just to make gold. Unless you have a lot of disposable income, theres way better ways to make gold than that.
  • MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    If gear didn't bind I would have an account full of evies.

Q: Would this kill the game?
    A: Can't kill what's already dead m8.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    BloodAngel wrote: »

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. If you've been reading the future content section you will know that Tieve will return in the next episode. As it turns out she is Muir's brother and apparently what we've witness so far is the outcome of Tieve in an alternate dimension. So false alarm, Tieve is alive and well.
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    she is Muir's brother

So Tieve is a guy now? Or are you saying Tieve = Lugh? Never made it past S3 so I'm confused
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    It won't die, but I think there would be a lot more account hacking attempts.

Also Tieve died. and so did Elis. But rumor has it that Tieve will come back and raid boss to join Keaghan. It will be Tieve & Keaghan vs 8 people. No potions, No feathers of any kind.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited March 22, 2017
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

*spoilers*

"someone doesn't like spoilers? well time to spoil some more"
    JamesGross wrote: »

Also Tieve died. and so did Elis. But rumor has it that Tieve will come back and raid boss to join Keaghan. It will be Tieve & Keaghan vs 8 people. No potions, No feathers of any kind.

i hope vindictus embraces its edgy grimdark roots and gives us monstrous tieve a la furiae from drakengard ending b, i mean as long as we're going with the holy woman revived with wings trope
    Prototypemind
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    What if the game was so easy there was no point in playing since everyone can cap.

I don't post much on nexon forums at all anymore but...

Would you rather have a fairly lively game (like TERA/BnS) where the top 1-10% of players can ACTUALLY "cap" with fair game mechanics, or a p2w game thats dying/dead because no one has ever fully geared a single character to the fullest potential in the history of this game, because it is literally mathematically impossible, so the vast majority (rightfully) don't even bother and move to much greener pastures.

Oh wait.... the latter already is this game.

There is no reason for a game to be as ludicrously unfair as Vindictus in this day and age, thats both from a player and business perspective. Even Black Desert is more forgiving than this game, and that game is considered one of the more ruthless mmos that was recently released when it comes to endless grinding and gear enhancement systems. But still that game has nothing compared to Vindictus. For example I have gotten a character in BDO Better geared playing-semi hardcore for 6 months than It took me to equivalently gear my Evie in 4 years of playing Vindictus casually. And I didn't spend any money whatsoever to gear that character, unlike Vindictus which almost demands hundreds of dollars unless you are literally insane or want to spend 4 years casually gearing a single toon like I did. Nexon seems to be trying to elevate the stresses of gearing with these event coupons and free runes, but how about you just modernize the game mechanics instead of putting a band-aid over the core problems? Seriously, how hard is this????

But hey, Nexon won't change this game. Ever. Thats why I (and most veteran western mmo gamers) don't even try to discuss these things anymore. It. Nexon and their reputation are well known in the western gaming community now. They are like the Konami of MMOs. Made great games at first, but then fell off mega hard because of their own flawed idealism. This game (along with their others) can easily be mainstream big hitters if they actually tried.

/side rant

And if anyone wonders why I still play this game (or returened) well thats simple.
    First: Evie
    Now: Delia
    Find me a better game with waifus like this.