[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

To people complaining about RNG and population

Comments

• NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Vindictus has its niche and it remains online because a lot of people enjoy the game.

"a lot of people"
    Ragnastorm
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    edited March 20, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Item give aways do nothing for long term game population. They do big events near the end of every quarter to try and boost sales, this is nothing new. Masses of afkers in town playing BDO is not what the game needs.

Again you're ignoring the parts of the events where they have double cores, double raid departures, unlimited revives etc.. Others have pointed it out before in your long post complainting about the login event. The prime time event actually boosted up raid boats and encouraged more people to play, which led to a dropdown in MP price. You never answered the question when I asked in your thread to explain the price drop during the event.

I dont know about the server you play in, but EAST NA was pretty active during prime time event.

Also, item giveaways does encourage people to play for those who normally don't spend much in gaming. I have a few friends that came back to the game just because of the runes and +10 coupons because they don't usually buy or risk booming in the game. I know you might say the possibility and the population of this kind of casual players is small, but you can't just ignore the benefits the event can bring even if it was small.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited March 20, 2017
    god damn i can't believe i read through all of these...

I complain a lot on forum too, but rng never came into consideration.

First of all, to people who complain about enchant/enhance: Do you literally think any F2P means "F2P"? Nexon need to make profit on the game. Now, if you can F2P, you can still F2P, remember there are ways to get runes, cosmetic items, literally ANYTHING you want from the MP, but you just have to put in additional works, grind for countless hours compare to others who spend IRL money and get items instantly. If you don't accept this and don't want to spend cash, on top of that don't want to put in work, then I don't see how you can survive the game or IRL...

If you literally going for the non-rune route, good fking luck lol... cuz from a +10 weapon yolo to +13 weapon and then yolo the r7 enchants. that's less than 1% chance. That's even more work.

Ein Lacher hard? just gitgud. Golden God is not "that" hard as long as you put in enough time to learn the boss and get lucky on dodging...(for example, an average person like me put in 5.5 hours on colru, 4.5 hours on keagan, 3 hours on thor, 2.5 hours on titan and iset, countless bosses I spent around 2 hours to gold and a whole bunch i can kill within 1 or 2 tries)...***YES I'M SHOWING OFF!
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Hell even Junyoop put some hours into one boss on Einrach xD
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765

Ein Lacher hard? just gitgud. Golden God is not "that" hard as long as you put in enough time to learn the boss and get lucky on dodging...(for example, an average person like me put in 5.5 hours on colru, 4.5 hours on keagan, 3 hours on thor, 2.5 hours on titan and iset, countless bosses I spent around 2 hours to gold and a whole bunch i can kill within 1 or 2 tries)...***YES I'M SHOWING OFF!

well, try it on X gun Kai and trust me, you'll rage more times than I can count on colru, iset, regina, glas (both variants), keaghan, and ingkells, along with Thor. :)
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    well, try it on X gun Kai and trust me, you'll rage more times than I can count on colru, iset, regina, glas (both variants), keaghan, and ingkells, along with Thor. :)

Come now, you really think crossgun Kai is harder than spear Lann?
    Iset gold is enraging to get, mainly because of her triple attack select after her blink, forced camera changes, and Havan and Iset double teaming to hit you one right after the other.

That's difficult for anyone to deal with, but it's much harder for someone else, say a chainblade Vella or spear Lann.

I have not yet gotten Iset gold on spear Lann. But I got it with crossgun Kai with relative ease and I don't even main or counter crossgun Kai among one of the characters I would play normally. Keep distance, spam R1s, dodge when needed. He faces the same issues chainblade Vella has but it was much easier to deal with that stuff.

Getting gold on all of Ein Lacher is easier for a crossgun Kai than it is for any other character. That's a dead given considering how much damage he can output, his ease of use, and his dodge being really great with it being responsive out of his smashes and normals as well as his ability to control his movements more than anyone else.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Cessa wrote: »

Come now, you really think crossgun Kai is harder than spear Lann?
    Iset gold is enraging to get, mainly because of her triple attack select after her blink, forced camera changes, and Havan and Iset double teaming to hit you one right after the other.

That's difficult for anyone to deal with, but it's much harder for someone else, say a chainblade Vella or spear Lann.

I have not yet gotten Iset gold on spear Lann. But I got it with crossgun Kai with relative ease and I don't even main or counter crossgun Kai among one of the characters I would play normally. Keep distance, spam R1s, dodge when needed. He faces the same issues chainblade Vella has but it was much easier to deal with that stuff.

Getting gold on all of Ein Lacher is easier for a crossgun Kai than it is for any other character. That's a dead given considering how much damage he can output, his ease of use, and his dodge being really great with it being responsive out of his smashes and normals as well as his ability to control his movements more than anyone else.

I'm only saying that they have moments where you want to pull your hair out from how often they spam their attacks against an X gun, and in your case... spear lann. Oh wait I forgot to put that spin 2 winner flint on that list. :P
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited March 20, 2017
    And I'm saying that they have those moments against all of the characters. All of them suffer through it much more harshly than crossgun Kai does so it makes no sense for you to be using that as the basis of your thoughts.

You're already playing the easiest character in the game. Why are you so salty about having to dodge a few times when you solo some of the bosses?

If you were wrecking your hair on crossgun Kai I would like to see your barber's reaction after you get the title on Lynn.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Making a lot of assumptions right now as far as salt mines goes, but go ahead, grab a pickaxe and whisk away.

I wonder how sad it really is to log on to the forums each and every day of the week only to berate everyone and everything on said forums, and even going so far as to take things out of proportions from a mild perspective from said user... really... I wonder how low a person can really stoop to when they have different views to the same problem.

Some have an easier time in one boss, but have difficulty in other bosses and here we are saying that this X class can do things no matter how hard it is, but I have yet to see a neam solo of said X class to that disproves of how easy said class is in solos. Everything is different and we have different solutions to the same problem.

You know, can't we just, as a whole, as a community, just say something on the forums, have a few laughs from reading it, and then going back to our normal business to whatever it is we find fun instead of trying to make someone stoop to their level of seeing all the bad in the game(s) that we play?

Why do we treat playing this game seriously, even to the point where we berate someone for not having certain titles or stats, let alone playing a class that supposedly everyone and everything hates to no end because of how "easy" it is?

Do we even look at a mirror, to show empathy and sympathy, to show that we can have a few laughs once in a while to relieve some stress given on a daily basis? I guess not... considering that we are going so far as tearing apart the fragments of what's left of this community (or lack there of now since that one is seeing oh so much negativity and darkness on the forums).

There is such a thing as saving one-self before going to the point of no return. Take a breather for a change and come back when said aura is clear and purged of any form of negativity. It seems Neamhain's corruption is even affecting us, the ones that play vindictus that normally plays for fun and thrills now becomes a debate (or argument) of which class is the easiest/hardest to do when it's really up to the user to pick up which class they like. It's actually sad... for the new blood to actually see something like this and ends up being deterred away.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    You know, can't we just, as a whole, as a community, just say something on the forums, have a few laughs from reading it, and then going back to our normal business to whatever it is we find fun instead of trying to make someone stoop to their level of seeing all the bad in the game(s) that we play?

Why do we treat playing this game seriously, even to the point where we berate someone for not having certain titles or stats, let alone playing a class that supposedly everyone and everything hates to no end because of how "easy" it is?

Do we even look at a mirror, to show empathy and sympathy, to show that we can have a few laughs once in a while to relieve some stress given on a daily basis? I guess not... considering that we are going so far as tearing apart the fragments of what's left of this community (or lack there of now since that one is seeing oh so much negativity and darkness on the forums)..

> Asking players to be chill and respectful
    > In a free2play game

I want whatever it is you're having.

All the mature people are over at the subscription\b2p games (with BDO being an exception).
This discussion has been closed.