[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

To people complaining about RNG and population

Comments

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited March 18, 2017
    V0lterix wrote: »
    @Cessa comes onto this forum daily and complains, writing several hundred words each post and claiming they don't care.

What's new, honestly? I'm highly critical and definitely cynical when it comes to this game, its publisher and developer, but I stopped wasting energy constantly blabbing about it. You use Warframe as an example? Well that's great, Warframe is generally a great example of F2P done right. But since you are so well versed in complaining about Vin/Nexon/Devcat then you would know that Digital Extremes/Warframe and Nexon/Vindictus should reaaaaaaally not be compared because the only things they have in common are 1. F2P 2. Grindy.

Again, you come here daily (or at least I see you post the same things daily), and I'm certain STILL do not have gold or gear in game. Wah wah wah, I can't get geared, its too hard, nexon isnt giving me enough free stuff I want fully enchanted max synthesis +10 OJ 90 armor for free!!!!

Everybody bloody knows about the horrid ways this game punishes you and all of your work. We know.

Why are you still here and not banned from this forum yet?

I'm not here daily. You can review my posts. It's public records. So you all can stop lying about that already.

===========

I am probably one of the better geared players in Vindictus.
    I have 6bil gold, and 3 characters stat capped at end game (Vella, Arisha, Delia) with all three of them having +13 level 90 weapons and a 4th that I am working on though I don't really care about (an Evie). And I have had several more that I have scrapped through the years, Karok, Hurk, Lann, Lynn, Fiona, Kai. Upkeeping all of these characters by myself was too difficult so I have cut them out through the years until I now only have those 3 (or 4).

As I already tried to state, you are all mistaken if you think I'm here making these arguments and statements for my own benefit.

Myself and many other players like me have already moved on to other games. I am the only one I know of so far that actually really likes Vindictus and believes it can be a great game with a booming playerbase despite its optimization shortcomings. I make these arguments and statements because I see players disappearing from the game, no real new breadth of players to take up their place. The population dwindles and is winding down.

I'm here bringing these issues to the front despite Nexon trying to hide them away because I don't want to see Vindictus shut down or sold off or gone.
    Because I know it can be a great game. It has one major thing only that keeps it down and that is the weapon destruction upon enhancement over +10.
    I have already given Nexon multiple ways they can solve this and still generate even more revenue but all they do is delete my posts or hide my topics away so that no one can ever see them again. And here we have you guys, so content with getting stomped on by Nexon's corporate foot in the chase after profits that you willingly defend them. Sickening.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    tenor.gif
    Yuria100Masta
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Is this thread supposed to be a message to people with a history of bad luck to go eff themselves? Standing on your pedestal of "look at me I love this game and I can handle bad luck better than you" isn't going to do anything except make those "complaining" complain more. Most threads have anger aimed towards the game itself, quite rare to see threads with resentment aimed towards our players. Good job.
  • RajivrocksRajivrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 905
    I stopped reading the last few posts but yeah, are you guys on NA or something? because EU host are pretty much up untill like 00:00 then it become hard to get a raid going. but you got your guild for that. I agree and disagree with a few things but I am not gonna bother pointing em out.
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    edited March 18, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »

>the last few events have been awesome

if you think giving away over $100,000 NX worth items to players for free and prime events and other goodies and extra raids.. etc are not good for you then, I dont know what to say lol

a lot of people already made those points clear on the your complaining posts before, so I'm gonna just sit this one out xD
    AjidoPrototypemind
  • RajivrocksRajivrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 905
    Lol this sh*t is funny af, I'll keep an eye on this one. Finished reading everything and yes this games RNG is what it is. I never had a lot of luck dropping Sh*t on EU but since january I have been dropping mad stuff. made a 100million in 3 months on EU and for me thats a sh*t load. now I am just doing ein lacher and yes for now gold is to hard for me but I am not complaining I am just going for silver and no potions and I am having fun doing it. retrying the boss after he kills me on the last bar making me rage while I am in call with my best friend. Sh*t's funny and I like that about the game. talking to my guild mates having fun. Honestly if it wasn't for that one dude that introduced me to his guild I would've stopped playing and I would've missed out on all the fun I've had. yes the game is flaud and they are hella lazy about updating sh*t but with these events going on I can KINDA look past it for now. I really hope they'll keep improving now that the merge has happened. Lets hope the game will thrive.
  • DangerousHobbitDangerousHobbit
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Why are you randomly defending the game like it has no issues,I quitted even tho I am a big fan of the game I couldn't stand it anymore to see how less they care about the actual game,this game feels like a moneygrabbing until it dies for good,no offense but as much as you love and enjoy the game dont ignore this,I like being optimistic but I see no future here unless another company will take care of the game.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited March 19, 2017
    I think part of the reason players get so furious about the RNG and the "competitiveness" of the game, is that in order to be "competitive" you need to get a gold medal in the Ferghus\Brynn\Videk raids (which are x1000 times harder than any Einlacher).

Let's face it, all these people complaining about not having infusions and +15, it's because you want to see your name at the result screen. You don't really need +15, infusions (unless Lann) or min-maxed gear to enjoy this game or play it for what it is (hack n' slash). But people still think they "deserve" +15 and infusions for whatever reasons. And when they don't get them, they feel ripped off because the "competition" was rigged. "Why does s\he get a +15 and I don't".

Maybe some of you should ask yourselves why do you want infusions, +15 and min-maxed gear in the first place and how come a simple +10\11 weapon from events is not enough for you? So you don't have a min-maxed gear, so you're not top deeps every raid. Big whoop. Is this what this game is about to you? Seeing your name at the result screen? Then maybe it's not the RNG, maybe it's YOU. Stop treating this game as if it's the Olympics.

Yeah we get it, some nub got a +15 on their first try and you worked(farmed) so hard and you're so much better than everybody else and you're still struggling with the RNG and it's unfair and you "deserve" this +15 more than X, Y, Z. We heard it a million times. In a few years this game will close down and none of this would matter.

It's just. A. Game.

The second part is the disillusionment that Vindi sells. Everybody is always talking about how Vindi requires skill and how you need to dodge and it's not tab-targeting. Putting Vindi on this glorified pedestal of "skill matters". Yeah we get it Vindi is a special snowflake and there's no other game like it. But the truth is... It's just another game with artificial difficulties. It's no secret that this game has been dumbing down ever since the Hurk update. Bosses were nerfed (remember the boss nerf patch??), classes were buffed. Yet what is the one thing that kept getting new goalposts? the stats. Think about it. Everything that was gameplay related: class mechanics, boss patterns and so on was nerfed yet stat requirements increase with every update.

Skill ceiling: lowered
    Stat ceiling: increased

It's the sad truth many Vindi players refuse to admit. Vindi is not as "skill" based as it sells itself to be. It sells the disillusionment of "if you play well you can out-damage stat bags", but not really... You don't really have to dodge when you have 16K DEF mana-shields Evie with 2000 Unlimited ATT and max Reflect Damage and +15 and bath soaps and whatnot. I mean you literally have a stat which rewards stat bags for NOT DODGING (Damage Reflect). There goes your "you need to dodge" mantra down the drain, because apparently if you have stats, you don't need to dodge.

Maybe in XE you could somehow argue that the damage bonus... But we're in Premiere now. Stats > skills\dodging.

Tl;dr:

Players come to vindi thinking it's purely skill based -> realize it's a lie and stats matter just as in any other MMORPG game -> the only way to get those fancy stats is through RNG -> the RNG gods are not on their side -> it pisses them off because they can't see their names at the result screens -> you get these threads every week

That's my theory.

Yuria100
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Lavonne wrote: »
    That's my theory.

Wrong.

If people only cared about seeing their damage at the end then all we'd play is scythe Evie or crossgun Kai.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited March 19, 2017
    Just remove the % at the end screen like how it used to be during the Early NA days,it was a lot more friendly 'except for Irukul Lann kicks'.

Kinda sad what that single thing does to a lot of ppl,its like their only reason to play or something.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Cessa wrote: »
    That's my theory.

Wrong.

If people only cared about seeing their damage at the end then all we'd play is scythe Evie or crossgun Kai.

Though other characters do have high potential to out damage those two, especially a 75 speed karok that knows how to baby sit their crit buffs. 3 smashes + weave = infinite crits after the blue buff is activated.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i save up gauge and blue buff to big bang every 10-15 seconds and only brutal flurry without smashes in between. am i karoking wrong?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    People must have a lot of time on their hands if they occupy most of their time in-game/forums talking about DPS. I understand that most people get their enjoyment out of Vindictus from the competitive activities it has to offer, but DPS? Really? Not to discredit the talented people in our community, but people need to understand that not all characters are created equally. A low DPS character, regardless of there being a skilled player behind it, is never going to reach top DPS and if they do, they'll have to put in more effort than characters with high damage values.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Let's face it, all these people complaining about not having infusions and +15, it's because you want to see your name at the result screen.
    What if I already see mine without infusions/+15 ? :(
    Maybe some of you should ask yourselves why do you want infusions, +15 and min-maxed gear in the first place and how come a simple +10\11 weapon from events is not enough for you?

Opens new horizons. And when these horizons have been explored, the player simply 'quits' or wait for something new to explore again. (lv95 ? try getting a +15 95, idk)
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    i save up gauge and blue buff to big bang every 10-15 seconds and only brutal flurry without smashes in between. am i karoking wrong?

Not necessarily, though brutal flurry does count as regular hits except for the ending blow, so those regular hits don't get the critical benefit that the blue buff provides. It's main purpose is to regain lost stamina if you happen to exhaust too much during the fray. The blue buff will stop working once you execute the 4th smash on karok's moveset, but if you purposely weave onto incoming enemy fire, you can reset the counter and have a way to get 100% crit rate due to the way the blue buff works. So far, any karok that masters the blue buff has been known to have high potential of out damaging both Kai and Evie of the same level in terms of gear.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Karamyth wrote: »

>the last few events have been awesome

if you think giving away over $100,000 NX worth items to players for free and prime events and other goodies and extra raids.. etc are not good for you then, I dont know what to say lol

a lot of people already made those points clear on the your complaining posts before, so I'm gonna just sit this one out xD

Item give aways do nothing for long term game population. They do big events near the end of every quarter to try and boost sales, this is nothing new. Masses of afkers in town playing BDO is not what the game needs.
  • DyuDyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    I'm seeing a good amount of "Oh, everyone knows that music, that means that music is good af" logic.
    Good luck on your fight against fire using fire there. As much as you can say that you're right on your point, others hold the same privilege as well.

Remember how EVERYONE, just EVERYONE, kept pointing out how retardedly high the costs for repairing were? Did they change it? Yes, but after how many years since the game was out? Were the players right? Absolutely, simply by thinking: why should I upgrade my gear and fashion if I can't use it because of the repair cost getting higher and higher?

Me, you and a lot of other players are keep playing this game for one main reason: the unique fighting system. Once and if the fighting system will be changed in a bad way, we'll be leaving in a matter of hours. Since the fighting system is the only redeeming feature, people left for things like BDO, because they think it's better even at that (think, because it's not. You can't simply compare Vindictus and BDO as they're different)

If there are, in fact, too many secondary aspects of the game, such as the unlimited grinding RNG to mention one, that you won't like, you'll leave regardless.
    Some people DID left because of repair fee being way too high (in fact, servers kept going down during repair-free events) and that should be a clear red flag. A red flag that has been ignored for too much time now.

It is a shame to see such a challenging game ignored. I find more points to keep playing this rather than DS3, both for the grinding and the challange (before you, reader, bash me with your "DS is perfect and hardest game on planet", forever remember that you left that Neamhain hotness play alone with herself because of how hard she is. Way too many players ignore training runs and pay to get carried for me to believe the opposite)

Gewellirious
  • Question2Question2
    I think part of the reason players get so furious about the RNG and the "competitiveness" of the game, is that in order to be "competitive" you need to get a gold medal in the Ferghus\Brynn\Videk raids (which are x1000 times harder than any Einlacher).

Let's face it, all these people complaining about not having infusions and +15, it's because you want to see your name at the result screen. You don't really need +15, infusions (unless Lann) or min-maxed gear to enjoy this game or play it for what it is (hack n' slash). But people still think they "deserve" +15 and infusions for whatever reasons. And when they don't get them, they feel ripped off because the "competition" was rigged. "Why does s\he get a +15 and I don't".

Maybe some of you should ask yourselves why do you want infusions, +15 and min-maxed gear in the first place and how come a simple +10\11 weapon from events is not enough for you? So you don't have a min-maxed gear, so you're not top deeps every raid. Big whoop. Is this what this game is about to you? Seeing your name at the result screen? Then maybe it's not the RNG, maybe it's YOU. Stop treating this game as if it's the Olympics.

Yeah we get it, some nub got a +15 on their first try and you worked(farmed) so hard and you're so much better than everybody else and you're still struggling with the RNG and it's unfair and you "deserve" this +15 more than X, Y, Z. We heard it a million times. In a few years this game will close down and none of this would matter.

It's just. A. Game.

The second part is the disillusionment that Vindi sells. Everybody is always talking about how Vindi requires skill and how you need to dodge and it's not tab-targeting. Putting Vindi on this glorified pedestal of "skill matters". Yeah we get it Vindi is a special snowflake and there's no other game like it. But the truth is... It's just another game with artificial difficulties. It's no secret that this game has been dumbing down ever since the Hurk update. Bosses were nerfed (remember the boss nerf patch??), classes were buffed. Yet what is the one thing that kept getting new goalposts? the stats. Think about it. Everything that was gameplay related: class mechanics, boss patterns and so on was nerfed yet stat requirements increase with every update.

Skill ceiling: lowered
    Stat ceiling: increased

It's the sad truth many Vindi players refuse to admit. Vindi is not as "skill" based as it sells itself to be. It sells the disillusionment of "if you play well you can out-damage stat bags", but not really... You don't really have to dodge when you have 16K DEF mana-shields Evie with 2000 Unlimited ATT and max Reflect Damage and +15 and bath soaps and whatnot. I mean you literally have a stat which rewards stat bags for NOT DODGING (Damage Reflect). There goes your "you need to dodge" mantra down the drain, because apparently if you have stats, you don't need to dodge.

Maybe in XE you could somehow argue that the damage bonus... But we're in Premiere now. Stats > skills\dodging.

Tl;dr:

Players come to vindi thinking it's purely skill based -> realize it's a lie and stats matter just as in any other MMORPG game -> the only way to get those fancy stats is through RNG -> the RNG gods are not on their side -> it pisses them off because they can't see their names at the result screens -> you get these threads every week

That's my theory.

The point of a RPG, especially a MMO, is to get more stats, optimize DPS, etc. This is reinforced by how gear dependant end game content is (which gets even worse when level 95 rolls out).

People used to do roch/drags with +10 level 60 gear and minimal enchants. That was "ok" because they do not have massive HP pools. When bosses have 5.5m or more hp, kill times get ridiculous with basic gear and there is a huge reliance on stat capped players carrying eveyone else. There was a lot less enhancing and rage quitting then. Level 90 content is all balanced for people who are either stat capped or near stat capped. People with the uber level 80 event gear still cant do much against those bosses, let alone newbies with the free level 80 story gear.

This is a huge turn off to new players who feel they cant do anything. Ive heard this countless times. "I cant hurt the boss anyway" "The game is too hard" "I do no damage" "It takes too long to farm seals" "It takes too long to get scrolls" etc.

If there wasnt such a huge difference past +10, then people wouldnt care that much. But way too many people feel pressured by the stat requirements. I know two bow kais with +15 arma bows and fully enchanted gear, they are stat capped for s3, but they refuse to play the game because they cant get +13 level 90 crossguns, because they cant reach neamhain's attack cap. Thats just one example.

IMHO progression is in a catch 22 situation atm. Level 80 players should be doing level 80-90 content to get gear/xp, but they cant because they dont have the stats for it. So they are forced to seal farm in level 60 content and ein lacher for seals, then find a party to carry them through a level 90 raid for the recipe. But new players refuse to do that because "its too boring" "ein lacher is too hard" "it takes too long to get 350 seals" "I dont want to talk to people to do s1 raids" etc. Then they quit. And the game population drops again and again.

If level 80 players could do level 80 content to get geared up for level 90 content, that would make more sense.
  • Question2Question2
    edited March 19, 2017
    MrGatto wrote: »
    Just remove the % at the end screen like how it used to be during the Early NA days,it was a lot more friendly 'except for Irukul Lann kicks'.

Kinda sad what that single thing does to a lot of ppl,its like their only reason to play or something.

The % stat by itself is not the problem. Its actually really important to tell whether you are maximizing DPS, which is good for figuring out what works best.

To be honest, i feel that a lot of players dont care about wanting to be top in the end of result screen, but they want to feel like they are actually contributing. With the level 80 event gear which puts you at 18-19k for most characters, you feel like you are doing nothing to s3 bosses. Now try doing s3 raids with the free level 80 story gear.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited March 20, 2017
    MrGatto wrote: »

The % stat by itself is not the problem. Its actually really important to tell whether you are maximizing DPS, which is good for figuring out what works best.

To be honest, i feel that a lot of players dont care about wanting to be top in the end of result screen, but they want to feel like they are actually contributing. With the level 80 event gear which puts you at 18-19k for most characters, you feel like you are doing nothing to s3 bosses. Now try doing s3 raids with the free level 80 story gear.

Well yes it is good for your own study and experiments,but why show it for the entire party,thats where the problems start imo.
    One example is ppl who just refuse to revive anyone because they would lose precious dps time,or ppl who refuse to use party buffs because of the same reason,etc.
    Not to mention the ppl who call out others or taunts them based on that single number.

In a full 8 ppl party all you have to do is 12.5% to pull your own weight,if we are only talking about raw numbers.
    Ofc that rarely happens due to many reasons but its enough to tell if you were completely carried or not.

And yes some ppl just don't care about being top deeps cause you know ppl are different,I'm also very low on the competetive side so I don't do anything competetive in general cause it does not interest me. 'at least not anymore,I grew out of it I guess...'

Event gear is perfectly fine for S2,there were days when 18k was the 'Elitist' for S2 raids after all:P
    S3 is fine with 20k+ and some ok secondaries imo so basically a +10 lvl 90 weapon which is doable from Events.

Ppl are not supposed to jump straight into s3 raids anyway,theres no reason to do that either.
    S3 raids are almost worthless except for Abo and Echoaid essence.
    I'm more than geared for S3 and yet I rarely run it cause I'm not a fan of it.

This discussion has been closed.