[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

That new update doe

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Ferryman will be out of a job soon, send all gold donations to me and I'll forward them to him.
    VoldaireXieAnthonytonyboyKourin
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Wonder how many players are going to quit from this content alone? *sits quietly and studies everyone in this room*
    Tetsujin
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    so much negativity. i get the feeling most of you want the game to die to validate your opinions.
    V0lterixDownIoadXie
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    I can only say #Nemhaim here I wait for you :)
    PS: Honestly it is a great surprise & the new system to enter the quests & raids, is a good implementation, greetings.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited January 12, 2017
    @2edgy4u
    so much negativity. i get the feeling most of you want the game to die to validate your opinions.
    -----------
    I feel like you typed this post before knowing what it really meant.

• IkarsuIkarsu
    edited January 12, 2017
    @2edgy4u

so much negativity eh? I'm not gonna waste 30 minutes on a boss that BARELY gives any reward and is only available 3 times a week. With our current problems for hosting and economy, I doubt that we will have a stable run on this when it comes out and knowing me, will see many people Q_Q over the fact that she's too hard to handle. I rather spare myself the stress over a boss that gives a useless stat as a reward for killing 100 times at 3 times per week ASSUMING victory is assured.
    Out of the 52 total weeks in a year, 33 of which is wasted going through this dungeon just to give a title that gives 500 attack rating over limitation. I'm not going to waste 63% of my year when I can instead grind something that people actually need and save up cash to get a weapon that can at least stand a fighting chance against her. As it stands, even a +12 R7 4 star 90 BARELY lays a dent on her, so why waste time on a boss where the stats requires you to force yourself to either have a +15 weapon, or be unable to enter because said person can't be lucky enough to get it in the first place. Can't wait to see all the +15 weapon only boats in nemain because people will come up with UNrealistic requirements just to restrict the dead base, making it dead even further, along with some of us not wanting to fight iset 2.0.

No GGs to revive you.

No mercs to heal you.

Per death is 8 minutes cooldown before being able to res up again.

only 15 potions allowed that restores 3,000 hp per battle.

You can't p2w out of this if you die in this area, so why bother wasting time when 90% of the raid is gonna be spent carrying a bunch of dead bodies that imminently die from lag from ze host, or get instantly killed from her one shot move?

*bakes fries in the oven* well once this update comes out.. I'll be waiting for the salt from you guys to season my fries with, and i'll eat said fries to my fullest enjoyment as I laugh over your chortles and fury.
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    i don't care about neamhain lol
    i'm looking forward for the new outfits and hairstyles
    also bug fixes +yay
    DownIoadXie
  • BigNChubbyBigNChubby
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    edited January 12, 2017
    PowMan
    PowMan said:

Technically you can clear the raid in 8 people party with 24k att and some junk defense, but my experience these days doing raids tells me most people won't even survive this raid with 15k defense.

Let's also not assume 24k is easy to get. Heck 23k is as hard as it could be without a +10 orange lv90 and fully enchanted lv90 sets. At the end of the day, this is actually an interesting raid with good boss patterns, but you see only a small portion of the playerbase will actually have the skills and gears to beat it.
    MochiSweet

PowMan
    PowMan said:

Nemain:

30mins+ raid with full party of +12/+13s
    8 mins feather rez cooldown
    No GG allowed

My popcorns are ready for all the QQs . I look forward to all the '+15 only' and '25k att 15k def' boats.
    Um, isn't the 25k att 15k def thing the requirement of this raid?

Btw, looking for a dedicated host +call

What if I have 26k atk and 3k d? been rolling through season 3 with that lel

Defense requirement is a joke.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited January 12, 2017
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

@2edgy4u *quote*.
    And that is why you will be forever stuck in mediocrity hell.
    Bladehawk
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited January 12, 2017
    I agree focus on the positive is best... like *hopefully good bug fixes and the new Battle window to avoid needless travel back and forth. I have issues with the enchantment system but we know there is a revamp coming soon making R8 and worse safe to scroll. I think they should take this one step further and make R7 safe as well (only the NEWEST scrolls in each installment should have chance to blow gear (so R6), and capped at 40% success).

The Enhancement system is still absolutely horrible and inexcusable, and I've posted alternative in other posts, but beating this dead horse post after post doesn't really make it any better.

The one thing about this game I've noticed is that changes/patches are REALLY slow to come compared to other games, but when they do come they are more often than not good solid changes. I've played games where every patch was 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and that's not fun trust me. Give this game some time and I'm sure they will eventually address the Horrid Enhancement system. Until then, just accept +10 4 lyfe :)
    BladehawkXie
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    @dazedgumball

why's that exactly?

some of us don't even have the luck to even go beyond 10 anyway.

You can use all the runes you want, but it's just gonna be a waste when it blows up. This, along with the no returns the 2nd boom already deterred a lot of players from attempting beyond 10 again, myself included.

If this game is just going to punish me for TRYING to get to end game, I might as well go grind and buy a +15 rather than waste hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of weapons, runes, stones, and elixirs only to end up having ferghus go "oops mah hand slip" over and over again.

You want to know what a pack of 50 runes cost? 190 dollars in USD, and that can ONLY be used up to +10. Can't use it for +11 to +15.

So when you finally get to +10 depending on how many runes you used to get there, and having it blow ZE F*** up on you in the process is how much money you are throwing away in real life, and with said money I could instead buy food to keep myself safe and sane rather than trying to NO LIFE a boss that will end up pulverizing the player base anyway.

So say that 10 runes blows up on you in the process when having a +10 weapon... well there goes 38 dollars USD down the drain when you attempt +11 and it blows up. Point of the matter is this game is NOT skill based, but Luck based. It's like playing the lottery over and over again and hope to Elchulus that Ferghus or Brynn don't end up wasting your time, which 99% of the time will end up being wasted time anyway considering that you have to "pay" to protect your weapon from turning into powdered metal adding on top of the chore it is to even get the pieces to assemble it in the first place.

Some of us are really tired of trying to give out everything only to get nothing in return, which is why some of us gave up on enhancing in its entirety, and instead resorted to the grinding/buying route. SURE it takes longer, but it saves the aggravation of seeing "enhancement failed: equipment destroyed" and having a 2/5 chance to get your prime back.

So go ahead, call me what you want, but at the end of the day, at least I'll be grinding my favorite spots with the revamped waking stone system than force myself to go along with the crowd and wonder why everyone around them has quit the game... I'll give you all the time in the world to think about this with pure consideration. Knowing me, I'll just be retaliated with even more bewildering insults because I main "a stereotypical kai" which just gives another reason why I never like to socialize in the first place. At least I'll have the last laugh when one member DCs or the entire party wipes in nemain only to result in humorous salty megaphones that cost a nickel to post each time.
    TetsujinBloodAngel
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited January 12, 2017
    @Ikarsu

oh no there is a chance of failure in a video game! oh no i may have to actually enjoy a video game for its gameplay and thrill of combat rather than virtual rewards!

btw, anyone who likes to imagine situations in which others are useless burdens being carried by them alone tend to be projecting and/or speaking from a place of insecurity. the more you know :)

another thing, i really don't understand this culture of whale shaming. is it just jealousy that they finally have some content on which they get dibs for having spent money to max out stats? all 6 (?) big updates since s3 it's been easy entry for everyone. free players have had it pretty good; be happy that you are having your entertainment subsidized by other people. why SHOULDNT whales and hardcore players get a few weeks of exclusive access to difficult new content?

the sjws did this tbh.
    NoburoBladehawkdazedgumballTariro
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited January 12, 2017
    I was just stating the update and now it turns into this. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Order5[Deleted User]EbonwingsTariroXieAqua22
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 12, 2017
    @Scarrlettt Don't worry, people are just grieving over their lost items. Many had died the day before yesterday...some even died twice.
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    Is Nemhaim required to kill to continue the main story that comes after?? Looks like a pretty big wall here
    Anthonytonyboy
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Sanuien
    Sanuien said:

Is Nemhaim required to kill to continue the main story that comes after?? Looks like a pretty big wall here
    Nemain is a sub story super boss. She is not part of the main story line.
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    oh cool :) Thanks Ikarsu
    Aarcane
  • AarcaneAarcane
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    hmmm, more content for the elite
    DownIoad
  • PandariaPandaria
    Vindictus Rep: 1,115
    This is a christmas miracle right here +love
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Yeah, best thing about Neamhain is she's 100% OPTIONAL. This is Nilfheim 2.0.