[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What is wrong with this game?

ziggybladeziggyblade
Vindictus Rep: 1,155
edited March 30, 2018 in Tech Support
Going from a study 60 fps down to 20 - 25 fps . Getting disconnected 1 - 2 times a hr. Bad delay going from town to town,talking to npc. getting on boats. The game is dead as hell and we still are getting all this mess. Not my PC either game use to run just fine and now like crap to bad this was a fun game to play.
daws360

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    On top of the fps problems we had before, I've been getting absurdly long loading screens since the update too. Been avoiding Berbhe since the town and camp area take forever to load but it's even happning with Malina boats. I have no idea what's going on anymore, and I just feel bad joining parties like this.
    GhengisJohn
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Source engine build so old that it's about to hit puberty.
    BloodAngeldaws360
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited December 28, 2016
    Yeah, yeah, the lag has been noticed.

Noburo and I make 2. I wonder how many other people are solo-only because of these problems? Y'think we hit 25% yet?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    People mainly solo because they get 60 fps gameplay, but when peeps run in groups, those frames drop all the way to a freaking whopping 5 to 12 FPS. We can Thank Blackcipher for this crap because it's mainly Eating up the CPUs of the processor. Dual and Quad core processors makes this lag even worse.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    @ziggyblade

Going from a study 60 fps down to 20 - 25 fps . Getting disconnected 1 - 2 times a hr. Bad delay going from town to town,talking to npc. getting on boats. The game is dead as hell and we still are getting all this mess. Not my PC either game use to run just fine and now like crap to bad this was a fun game to play.

It's always been sort of like this, it was better for a while, but now it's back to it's twitchy self.

At least it isn't as bad as a few years ago, when talking to NPCs took minutes at a time to do, but maybe it was like that because that's when we had a playerbase...
  • ManhwaManhwa
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    Time to upgrade.
    Vallesti
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    They still haven't fixed the battle reward screen once you clear a battle ,it lag like hell ,especially if you hold mouse click to make it faster
    BladehawkFlufffyParrot
  • ziggybladeziggyblade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,155
    There is some one that always saids upgrade only if they new what they were talking about ,but they never do.....mouth piece....
    FlufffyParrotJackNitro
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Bwahahaha. I came back a few days ago and was wondering why the game seemed to run much worse than I remember! Low FPS, of course, but even more annoyingly, stuttering spikes in the middle of battles. I've noticed these three things most consistently:

1) FPS lag when speeding up the post-battle stats screen.
    2) A split-second freeze when the camera focuses on my character during the boat launch sequence. The graphics will seemingly go to the lowest possible settings for a split second when it happens, so I think this is some weird graphics card problem.
    3) Stuttering in battles. No rhyme or reason as to why, except that it feels like something is being loaded or processed very quickly (and using too many resources to do it).

I alleviated my problems a bit by setting multi-cores to 3 and threads to 4, but now I'm wondering if it's a more widespread issue that Nexon could fix.
  • NoburoNoburo
    edited January 2, 2017
    Bladehawk
    Bladehawk said:

Bwahahaha. I came back a few days ago and was wondering why the game seemed to run much worse than I remember! Low FPS, of course, but even more annoyingly, stuttering spikes in the middle of battles. I've noticed these three things most consistently:

1) FPS lag when speeding up the post-battle stats screen.
    2) A split-second freeze when the camera focuses on my character during the boat launch sequence. The graphics will seemingly go to the lowest possible settings for a split second when it happens, so I think this is some weird graphics card problem.
    3) Stuttering in battles. No rhyme or reason as to why, except that it feels like something is being loaded or processed very quickly (and using too many resources to do it).

I alleviated my problems a bit by setting multi-cores to 3 and threads to 4, but now I'm wondering if it's a more widespread issue that Nexon could fix.
    ==========

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/234/ui-causing-frame-lag-and-freezes/p3

That's the most we've managed to get out of them about it since it started happening in August. So maybe a fix this year? Maaaybe. Not counting on it being anytime soon since they're probably still focused on the merge and the slew of support things they'll end up dealing with after it hits next month.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    At least they recognize it as an issue. Vindi is still playable for me, it's just more annoying than it should be.
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited January 2, 2017
    I don't think the problem is with the source engine. The game is just badly coded. Some people are saying ''time to upgrade'' or ''time to change engine'' but i'm pretty sure that changing engine would take them a lot of time or possibly re-coding most of the game.

basically, they just have to start fixing or else their player base is gonna keep suffering.

EDIT : FIX THE ENORMOUS LOADING TIMES. THE UPDATE MADE IT WORSE!!!
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    edited January 3, 2017
    No problem here +joy
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Vindictus is horribly optimized (not optimized at all). lol

I recently upgraded from an i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz to an i7 4770k @ 4.7ghz.
    Literally no change at all to my ability to host raids.

If I have 1-4 people I'm generally okay with rarely any dips below 40fps when I host no matter the raid.
    If I have 5-8 people and I'm in Pantheum or Juggernaut or one of the other harsher raids, I'm lucky if I get anything more than a slideshow at 10-25 fps. And in raids that don't crush fps like Havan or Iset I'm lucky if I maintain 40fps. Usually struggling around 30 or 35fps in those.

Also, go to Twilight Desert and host a raid. Go into the dungeons, rotate the camera around. Vindictus renders the dungeon room and the rest of the map.
    Kill off the enemies, then keep the fps display on and rotate the screen around. As you get back to viewing the rest of the map and not just the dungeon room the fps drops significantly. When you're no longer facing the rest of the map the fps increases again.

For this reason, I think the fps drops in Vindictus are all because the game renders things that are off-screen and it renders a hell of a lot of them without consideration as to whether or not those objects are in view. My friends and I have a theory about Juggernaut that the fps drops are because the game is rendering all those useless gears turning in the background behind the walls of the cavern you fight in. And for Pantheum it's his cloak effects and all the lava that's probably behind the walls and under the floor.

I remember a while ago that a GM came out and said that so long as you don't virtual box and you have one computer per account logged in you can have multiple characters logged in.

For this reason, it may be beneficial if you are playing with friends and you all agree with it, that you have a separate "host" computer set up. This host computer logs into a dummy account and hosts the raid so it has to bear the burden of all those stupid and pointless renders. You face him away from the action so it doesn't have to render any of that and then you guys can all fight with normal 60fps.

AND if what I remember about the GM saying about multiple computers for different characters logged in holds true.
    You wouldn't be playing it, it just logs in, hosts the raid, you join, and then it turns away from the action and sits there.
    The rules I recall were that everyone in the raid must be made aware of this and must agree to it. So generally, it's best if you just do it amongst your friends in private raids only. Pubbies that see the host afking despite what you may try and explain will be get annoyed unless the raid ends really quickly each time. ANd hey, you double your drop rate. *shrugs*
    FlufffyParrotXieBladehawkGhengisJohnBloodAngelWilko
  • JackNitroJackNitro
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited January 3, 2017
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

If I have 1-4 people I'm generally okay with rarely any dips below 40fps when I host no matter the raid.
    If I have 5-8 people and I'm in Pantheum or Juggernaut or one of the other harsher raids, I'm lucky if I get anything more than a slideshow at 10-25 fps. And in raids that don't crush fps like Havan or Iset I'm lucky if I maintain 40fps. Usually struggling around 30 or 35fps in those.

Also, go to Twilight Desert and host a raid. Go into the dungeons, rotate the camera around. Vindictus renders the dungeon room and the rest of the map.
    Kill off the enemies, then keep the fps display on and rotate the screen around. As you get back to viewing the rest of the map and not just the dungeon room the fps drops significantly. When you're no longer facing the rest of the map the fps increases again.

For this reason, I think the fps drops in Vindictus are all because the game renders things that are off-screen and it renders a hell of a lot of them without consideration as to whether or not those objects are in view. My friends and I have a theory about Juggernaut that the fps drops are because the game is rendering all those useless gears turning in the background behind the walls of the cavern you fight in. And for Pantheum it's his cloak effects and all the lava that's probably behind the walls and under the floor.

I remember a while ago that a GM came out and said that so long as you don't virtual box and you have one computer per account logged in you can have multiple characters logged in.

For this reason, it may be beneficial if you are playing with friends and you all agree with it, that you have a separate "host" computer set up. This host computer logs into a dummy account and hosts the raid so it has to bear the burden of all those stupid and pointless renders. You face him away from the action so it doesn't have to render any of that and then you guys can all fight with normal 60fps.

AND if what I remember about the GM saying about multiple computers for different characters logged in holds true.
    You wouldn't be playing it, it just logs in, hosts the raid, you join, and then it turns away from the action and sits there.
    The rules I recall were that everyone in the raid must be made aware of this and must agree to it. So generally, it's best if you just do it amongst your friends in private raids only. Pubbies that see the host afking despite what you may try and explain will be get annoyed unless the raid ends really quickly each time. ANd hey, you double your drop rate. *shrugs*

I think I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here since it proves exactly what you're talking about:

https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1497697-Vindictus-Source-Engine-and-Map-optimization

"Vindictus breaks like every single rule you learn when you're taught game design"
    FlufffyParrotXieBladehawkGhengisJohn
    JackNitro
    JackNitro said:

Cessa
    Cessa said:

I think I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here since it proves exactly what you're talking about:

https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1497697-Vindictus-Source-Engine-and-Map-optimization

"Vindictus breaks like every single rule you learn when you're taught game design"
    Reading that forum post was very interesting. Someone optimized a map in about 10 minutes. I thought that the reason behind the game's extreme fps lag was gonna be a bit more complicated than that but turns out that its just the devs can't make maps for . (who would have thought?!)

Nexon should probably send their devs to a class teaching them about source engine and how to properly make maps.

If the devs really don't give a flying fu ck about it than maybe someone could make a mod optimizing most played maps (s2 and s3).

GhengisJohn
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    The truth is, they won't make money by just optimizing the game, but adding a limited time 50$ new outfitter will do, oh and the Gacha boxes too
    FlufffyParrotZaytiatusBloodAngel
  • NoburoNoburo
    The UI lag and map optimization are two separate issues, don't get them confused.

I hope you guys with the good pcs are enjoying your 60fps buff icons and battle completion emblems.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited January 3, 2017
    FlufffyParrot

Reading that forum post was very interesting. Someone optimized a map in about 10 minutes. I thought that the reason behind the game's extreme fps lag was gonna be a bit more complicated than that but turns out that its just the devs can't make maps for . (who would have thought?!)

Nexon should probably send their devs to a class teaching them about source engine and how to properly make maps.

If the devs really don't give a flying fu ck about it than maybe someone could make a mod optimizing most played maps (s2 and s3).

Yeah quite disheartening actually. That guy was able to make immediate improvements to two maps after just a glance at them, and yet on the live servers they continue to have problems.
    FlufffyParrot
    edited January 3, 2017
    GhengisJohn

FlufffyParrot

/////////////////////////
    Yeah quite disheartening actually. That guy was able to make immediate improvements to two maps after just a glance at them, and yet on the live servers they continue to have problems.
    ////////////////////////
    I just don't understand why nexon won't fix their fu cking game. Its so frustrating, ITS YOUR GAME, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Its clear that fixing the optimization problem with maps isn't very hard, Nexon just has to stop the bullshit and start working. I would honestly prefer a optimization update over a content update.

(gonna put some slashes in between the quotes cause nexon broke the fking thing)
    BloodAngelWilko