[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What is wrong with this game?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's beyond frustrating. This is one of the few games where players have been able to delve in and figure out the exact causes of optimization issues and on top of that handed it directly to the devs to look at, yet years later ZERO has been done to address it. It's sad that professionals do this, but the same thing happened with SWTOR. The original BioWare team made a mess slapping together code for the Hero Engine because of EA's push to release for Christmas, and it's so bad that despite the devs who stayed on or replaced them trying to fix it they just couldn't with the time they were allotted to focus on it. In Vindi's case it's just laziness, though.
    FlufffyParrot
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited January 3, 2017
    Prototypemind

It's beyond frustrating. This is one of the few games where players have been able to delve in and figure out the exact causes of optimization issues and on top of that handed it directly to the devs to look at, yet years later ZERO has been done to address it. It's sad that professionals do this, but the same thing happened with SWTOR. The original BioWare team made a mess slapping together code for the Hero Engine because of EA's push to release for Christmas, and it's so bad that despite the devs who stayed on or replaced them trying to fix it they just couldn't with the time they were allotted to focus on it. In Vindi's case it's just laziness, though.
    /////////////////
    Not only does it feel like they're being lazy but it also feels like they have lost all strive to make Vindictus an enjoyable experience...
    GhengisJohn
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Like i always say, ¡¡free port to Source Engine 2!!
  • PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    edited January 4, 2017
    Zuzuk
    Zuzuk said:

Like i always say, ¡¡free port to Source Engine 2!!

https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1260868-Interview-with-DevCAT-Part-II

8. Are you considering moving the game's development to a brand new engine or at least updating the current Source Engine?

We have already introduced quite a lot of changes compared to the original Source Engine for Vindictus, so it will be difficult for us to migrate from the current version to an entirely different engine or an upgraded Source Engine. However, whenever new options are added to the Source Engine, we always try our best to implement them within the game.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    They don't even need to port it to Source 2. If they'd just optimize what they have this game could survive on for quite a while as is.
    FlufffyParrotZezeGhengisJohnXie
  • AarcaneAarcane
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    Well, since the "Ein LAGFEST" update I haven't been able to host anyone but myself and even then, I have to remove all hud features. Before Ein lagfest I could host myself and 2 others with settings on normal. Now settings are on bare ass lowest and hud removed just to try any battle solo. Now I mostly stand around TUA waiting for a host, any battle any boat. Must be happening to everyone cuz, we all just stand around these days. Oh and thanks NexOwned for the new elite content. Just what the game needs.