[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Has anyone figured out how abomination works yet

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
This is what I noticed so far :

-Abomination starts the fight with a barrier that makes him immune to damage and gives him a blue hp bar

-You need to use the hooks to get onto the platforms and reach the bell to ring it.

Hooking the platforms seem really buggy, might be due to my 1 bar but i would keep hitting the edge of the platform instead of landing on the platform itself. Platforms will periodically move to discourage players from hiding on them.

Some players in the raid who reachd the bell reported that they would fall and die after ringing it, is there a way to ring it without falling and dying?

-It looks like you need to ring the bell twice, one will weaken the barrier and turn the hp bar green, the second time will destroy the barrier completely. When his HP bar is green , i think you only do 75% damage to him.

-Shortly after the barrier gets destroyed, you will get a message telling you to hook the ceiling or some such. I think you need to use the hooks to climb the platform and reach him again, but he starts spamming a super accurate projectile attack and this was hitting peope out of mid air before they could get to him.

-When he gets to about 3 bars of HP left, the bell will drop from the ceiling. Not sure how you are supposed to remove the barrier at this point because you just get a message saying to "use the light on the ceiling". I think you need to weaken his barrier 3 times this time to remove it totally.

Comments

• AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited December 22, 2016
    That sounds rough looks like the raids are moving even more into raids that require more then just hitting the boss over and over again. image
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited January 1, 2017
    -At the start of the raid, Abomination has his shield up, which reduces all damage done to him by 90%.
    -To rid of the shield, players need to chain-hook and ring the bell 3 times.
    -In order to ring the bell and not die, you need to cancel your hook midway. Basically press the F key midway of the swing.
    -You will need to time your swings as the platforms will periodically shift and move.
    -After his shield is down, Abomination will periodically head to the center of the room and hang on the ceiling, firing projectiles at all party members. 4 players can reach each of his legs and attack it from there. You need to smash E like there's no tomorrow.
    -at 3 bars, Abomination will place up his shield again and the bell will fall down. At this stage, players can swing and knock the ceiling down, revealing light. It takes 3 times to disperse his shield.
    -Keep the Abomination in the light to have continuous damage be dealt to him.
    SumireiBloodAngelAqua22VoldaireOrder5
  • Question2Question2
    Whats the trick to hooking onto the platforms? Why do you sometimes hit the edge of the platform instead of landing on it? Do you need to hold movement keys when doing the swing or just press f?

How are you supposed to reach his legs? Is it like Eochaid and you are just supposed to press E to hang onto his legs before he jumps? Or do you need to use the hooks to get onto the platforms to reach him?

How do you knock the ceiling down? Is there a red mark on the ceiling after the bell falls?

Side question : I noticed in the devil's cook that there was an area with ore that you can reach with hooks, but after you get the hooks you lose your mine bombs. Is there a way to get your mine bombs back?
  • BontakunBontakun
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited December 22, 2016
    Its not that difficult to reach the bell once you understand how the platforms trigger. It doesn't trigger from you standing on it too long its just a simple looped timer. Each platform will activate a little bit after each other.

There are 4 traversal hook platforming areas in the map and 2 different styles. One with 3 platforms and the one with 2. For the one with 3 platforms wait for your next platform to trigger and use the hook right when it finishes its animation. I noticed that If you try to hook a bit before it you might not actually land on the platform. The one with 2 platforms is a little tricky at first. After getting to the first platform wait for the top platform to trigger. Half way through its animation used the hook and press your 2ndary weapon key when prompted during the swing (spamming the key also seems to work) or you will not reach the platform.

When you reach the bell and ring it, pressing your 2ndary weapon key during the swing will make you let go of the hook. This will prevent you from swinging yourself off the stage.

From what I noticed it takes 3 rings to break his barrier with a full party. It might decrease will less party members?

The message your seeing is just one of his attacks. He only uses it when his barrier is down so it can happen at any time during it. If you want to stop this attack you need to head to the bell asap. During the attack platform traps will never trigger. Also You can only grab on to his leg right when he gets on the ceiling. Do not grab onto his leg if you are the only one up there. Failing to bring him down will kill anyone that grabbed onto him.

At 3 bars the bell will fall. When you reach the top instead of ringing the bell you will cause part of the ceiling to break instead. This can only be trigger once at each platforming area. There is a blue light on the ceiling that indicates which part of the ceils can still break. Breaking the ceiling will light up the center of the stage and when he's in the light his barrier will weaken. You need to do this 3 times at separate locations to break his barrier. He will also take 200~300 damage (every .5s?) when he is in the light.

Hope this might help.
    V0lterixAqua22
    edited December 24, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Whats the trick to hooking onto the platforms? Why do you sometimes hit the edge of the platform instead of landing on it? Do you need to hold movement keys when doing the swing or just press f?

How are you supposed to reach his legs? Is it like Eochaid and you are just supposed to press E to hang onto his legs before he jumps? Or do you need to use the hooks to get onto the platforms to reach him?

How do you knock the ceiling down? Is there a red mark on the ceiling after the bell falls?

Side question : I noticed in the devil's cook that there was an area with ore that you can reach with hooks, but after you get the hooks you lose your mine bombs. Is there a way to get your mine bombs back?
    1) The platforms move periodically. You'll need to gauge when they move and swing accordingly. Also, the platforms are buggy as hell. I just press F and don't press any directional keys.
    2) You need to use the chain-hooks in order to reach his legs. It's the same concept as ringing the bell but instead, you're latching onto one of Abomination's legs. After, you need to press E rapidly to break his grip on the ceiling.
    3) See answer 2. It's the same concept as ringing the bell but instead, you're breaking the ceiling down as you fall because we're all fatties.
    4) Unfortunately, no. Once you lose your mine bombs, they're gone until you move to the next area. I recommend a chieftain pet for mining.
  • Question2Question2
    Hmm, i tried rushing to the platforms the moment I saw the on screen message but couldnt make it all the way to the top before his projectiles hit me :(.

I didnt see any on screen prompt during the swing, what normally happens if you press f during a swing? You let go and fall?
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Hmm, i tried rushing to the platforms the moment I saw the on screen message but couldnt make it all the way to the top before his projectiles hit me :(.

I didnt see any on screen prompt during the swing, what normally happens if you press f during a swing? You let go and fall?
    You fall midway of the swing instead of doing a full one.

Full swing in Abomination = death.

• RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Has anyone able to confirm how many players are needed to grab his legs in a party of 8?
    I made it up by myself and spammed E like no tomorrow, failed and dropped death by it.
    MochiSweet
    Rakushu
    Rakushu said:

Has anyone able to confirm how many players are needed to grab his legs in a party of 8?
    I made it up by myself and spammed E like no tomorrow, failed and dropped death by it.
    The notifications says that only 1 player can hang from each of his legs so I'm assuming only 4 players can do it.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Rakushu
    Rakushu said:

you need 4 players for a 7-8 man party, 3 for 5-6, 2 for 3-4, and 1 for 2 or less for the leg mechanic. You can only grab the legs if they glow red after you reach to the top, where you must spam E to bring Abom down and stun him for a period of time.

As for the bell mechanic, half swings are a must when you grab the bell, otherwise you will pull a SH3 protagonist and fall to your death.

The platforms trigger one after the other, so if you see the platform rise up, wait a bit until you see the 2nd platform activate, and then swing it from there.

the first platform will make you take a fixed 250 damage if you get crushed, but you can aim yourself back on to the platform. Though, if it rises as you swing, then you will get an instant death.

the second one activates similarly to minecraft pistons, where they will push the player off the platform, which will unfortunately have you pull a yosemite sam as you plummet to your death, and boy is that fun... not.

the third one is the ultimate test. when it activates, the player will slip off the platform, and will receive a falling damage of a whopping 12,000... ouch.
    Assuming that evie has mana shields, she can survive this, but with other players *hears MY LEG from spongebob in the background*, UNLESS of course life flare triggers.

Note that Abom will NOT aggro you when you are the platforms, even with the bat projectile phase.

Patience is key to breaking Abom's barrier, so break a leg when doing a raid. I know I done that about 24 times over. Though, you know what's better than 24? 25! :^)
    Voldaire
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    If you can't get out of pestis grab, you won't be able to beat that leg
    This anti lag bs...
    IkarsuMochiSweet
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Keyboard-breaking mechanics FTW!
  • kosckosc
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Rakushu
    Rakushu said:

you need 4 players for a 7-8 man party, 3 for 5-6, 2 for 3-4, and 1 for 2 or less for the leg mechanic.
    I can confirm you only need 3 players on each leg for a party of 8 people.
  • NessaEsperNessaEsper
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    edited December 23, 2016
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Rakushu
    Rakushu said:

you need 4 players for a 7-8 man party, 3 for 5-6, 2 for 3-4, and 1 for 2 or less for the leg mechanic. You can only grab the legs if they glow red after you reach to the top, where you must spam E to bring Abom down and stun him for a period of time.

As for the bell mechanic, half swings are a must when you grab the bell, otherwise you will pull a SH3 protagonist and fall to your death.

The platforms trigger one after the other, so if you see the platform rise up, wait a bit until you see the 2nd platform activate, and then swing it from there.

the first platform will make you take a fixed 250 damage if you get crushed, but you can aim yourself back on to the platform. Though, if it rises as you swing, then you will get an instant death.

the second one activates similarly to minecraft pistons, where they will push the player off the platform, which will unfortunately have you pull a yosemite sam as you plummet to your death, and boy is that fun... not.

the third one is the ultimate test. when it activates, the player will slip off the platform, and will receive a falling damage of a whopping 12,000... ouch.
    Assuming that evie has mana shields, she can survive this, but with other players *hears MY LEG from spongebob in the background*, UNLESS of course life flare triggers.

Note that Abom will NOT aggro you when you are the platforms, even with the bat projectile phase.

Patience is key to breaking Abom's barrier, so break a leg when doing a raid. I know I done that about 24 times over. Though, you know what's better than 24? 25! :^)
    These forums are broken RIP
    Voldaire
  • NessaEsperNessaEsper
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    edited December 23, 2016
    I hope it's okay If I only swing on the bells the whole raid.
  • PandariaPandaria
    Vindictus Rep: 1,115
    ThePharaoh

If you can't get out of pestis grab, you won't be able to beat that leg
    This anti lag bs...
    Have u tried binding two keys to ur grab and spam them at the same time?
    XieOrder5
  • fluffyninjafluffyninja
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    Raid ez my boy!