[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Prepare your wallets... Black Friday Sale

Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
Vindictus Rep: 1,400
in General Discussion
Basically they are going to be selling Ice boxes with more outfitters, and better chance rate to get... Iset/Tieve are the notable ones. http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/18703/black-friday-sales-event-preview
  1. Do you like the sale?117 votes
    1. Yes
       10% (12 votes)
    2. No
       15% (17 votes)
    3. RNG BS!!
       38% (45 votes)
    4. I am not sure yet.
       15% (17 votes)
    5. They forgot Succubus Queen Set.
       22% (26 votes)

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    OMG This event is so Bull...... -checks pockets- 10M ... D': nvm, idc :(
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    They said they would have other sales starting Wednesday when they give us our update and es event, so I'm mostly waiting on that to judge. But yes so far it looks like RnG. I just hope the boxes aren't very pricey. Trying to buy stuff irl like new fancy clothes for black Friday haha.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited November 19, 2016
    Depends on what they put into the non-gacha package (and its price), I would buy some for my characters, especially my Delia. She need some more love :)

Read: Merc and graces are meh, Put two Inner coupons, two Hair coupons into that pack, give us some really nice hair color, Avatar version of 230 190 138 dye (the color which we just got Clodagh version of from Gnoll Chieftain and Swag sale) and I'll buy a dozen.
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    edited November 19, 2016
    6% chance to get 1 of 10 high value items means each item has less than 1% chance to drop...

Unless they add options to buy whatever you wanted using special currency from those lucky boxes... I won't even bother. I'll save money for a rune sale instead.
    TheGreatCreidneGhengisJohnMochiSweet
  • desertoflamedesertoflame
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    But will the rares be untradeable, because I don't want to pull a Kheagan set on my Vella. Or will I be able to mail them to other Chars only?
  • RNGGoddessRNGGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    6%... Is it gonna be a 4$ boxes?
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    RNGGoddess

6%... Is it gonna be a 4$ boxes?
    Most likely since past boxes with increase in % always = comes at higher price.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    If the rates are like the Bunny babe set ones I will love this. Hopefully they put airtight items, and this time enhancement rune/enchant rune
    BloodAngel
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Dinko4TheWin

If the rates are like the Bunny babe set ones I will love this. Hopefully they put airtight items, and this time enhancement rune/enchant rune
    That would definitely open up my wallet at least $20 maybe more depending on the success of my first ones. Plis no Quality Fishing Sets +sad
  • ViviannViviann
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    I'm kind of worried about trying these. Knowing my luck I'll put some money into it and end up pulling a Keaghan, when I don't use any male characters, or pull a second Iset set :c
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited November 19, 2016
    or just put the outfitters in the shop instead of gacha boxes, thatd be a good black friday sale. ded game aint gettin my money fk that fam

xd xd xd
    Quinque
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Used to be 2% for the rares,, now it's 6%. The pay2win scale is tipping really fast to the wallet warriors just saying.

If that's what it takes for the game to survive, by all means do it Nexon lol.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    desertoflame

But will the rares be untradeable, because I don't want to pull a Kheagan set on my Vella. Or will I be able to mail them to other Chars only?
    As far as I can tell the Keaghan Set & Iset Set can be listed freely on the marketplace like other airtight outfitter sets.
    However, Special Trivene Witch Set, Special Tieve Set, Special Captain Keaghan Set, and Sealed Black Elchulus Wing will only be tradable to other characters on the same account.

This is a shame because people will potentially end up getting a highly valuable set or pair of wings that they didn't want in the first place and won't be able to trade it to someone else who does want it. A good idea would be removing this account-tradable only restriction on all the sets and allowing it to be traded through the marketplace. Another option is to open up another exchange shop and allow people to trade coupons for the outfitter sets or Elchulus wings so that they could get what they want guaranteed after spending a certain amount on the boxes.
    Aqua22BloodAngelShizukaa
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Oh, look. RNG useless stuff.
    And a box of more useless stuff. Goddess Graces, Merc Pots. Meanwhile, myself and other veteran players are sitting with over 400 goddess graces and over 1600 merc pots that haven't been used in over a year because we simply don't need them anymore.

But nah, keep giving that stuff out. Let the oneshot players come in and spend NX on that and disappear. Let the veteran players leave the game because they can't find a way to upgrade their equipment or play dressup easily and make it impossible to gear up alt characters. Goodbye, everyone.

The whales will at least keep the game going a bit longer.
  • sabersatensabersaten
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    for your reference, last year we got bingo event for each of our character to get 1 box FREE.

The box is 4 dollars, and it's very likely for you to get something that's worth less than 4 dollars. If they don't bring back free-2-play way for these boxes then I guess someone else can make a tally in my place this year.

Cessa
    Cessa said:

But nah, keep giving that stuff out. Let the oneshot players come in and spend NX on that and disappear. Let the veteran players leave the game because they can't find a way to upgrade their equipment or play dressup easily and make it impossible to gear up alt characters. Goodbye, everyone.

The whales will at least keep the game going a bit longer.
    I think you are being too negative. Gearing is never been easier before, with free lvl10-80 enhanced & enchanted gear, orange lvl 90 essences * shards extremely cheap in seal shop, and scroll shop next week.
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited November 19, 2016
    Suhpreme
    Suhpreme said:

or just put the outfitters in the shop instead of gacha boxes, thatd be a good black friday sale. ded game aint gettin my money fk that fam

xd xd xd
    I was expecting that.
    Put keaghan/iset and the others sets for sale, for maybe 35$ i dunno.

Instead we have this "luck box"

Economy it's a mess right now.
    Most of people can't sell anything

Ehh, sorry.
    I'd rather spend my money in something more safe.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited November 19, 2016
    Hopefully all the outfits (including the wings) are in airtight packages. I'd buy 4-5 pairs of Airtight Elchulus Wings from players.

Nytsuya
    Nytsuya said:

6% chance to get 1 of 10 high value items means each item has less than 1% chance to drop...

Unless they add options to buy whatever you wanted using special currency from those lucky boxes... I won't even bother. I'll save money for a rune sale instead.
    I really doubt that's true. The Orchid Fauna chests said a 2% chance for one of the jackpot items. There were 11 jackpot items. Those jackpot items were rather common from those boxes and definitely did not feel like a 0.18% chance per item.
    edited November 19, 2016
    Mainichi said:

Hopefully all the outfits (including the wings) are in airtight packages. I'd buy 4-5 pairs of Airtight Elchulus Wings from players.

Nytsuya
    Nytsuya said:

I really doubt that's true. The Orchid Fauna chests said a 2% chance for one of the jackpot items. There were 11 jackpot items. Those jackpot items were rather common from those boxes and definitely did not feel like a 0.18% chance per item.
    I believe it's true. Because if it's not true, this new gacha is going to have 60% chance to get one of those really expensive outfitters. That doesn't sound right to me.
  • RNGGoddessRNGGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    edited November 19, 2016
    TheDayInLove

Mainichi said:

Nytsuya
    Nytsuya said:

I think how the box work is... 6% chance to hit the Jackpot
    and once the roll hits that 6%, it randomize one of the jackpot reward.

At least that is how I think it works.

I believe it's true. Because if it's not true, this new gacha is going to have 60% chance to get one of those really expensive outfitters. That doesn't sound right to me.
    I think how it work is 6% chance to hit the jackpot, and once you get that 6% it randomly pick a reward from the jackpot selection.