[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is this Normal?

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
in General Discussion
Is it normal to waste 200 Paradise Stones only to not get a single armor piece to +8? Doesn't seem right.

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    sadly yes if you aren't using runes at +7
    QuinqueXieTwilightSparklemisakamisakaPrototypemindFlufffyParrot
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    its horrible but its sometimes the norm D: i hate it because 200 paradise stones is more than the weapon itself x.x
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    I've failed to +8 my R/E Braha boots many, many times now. Thankfully dura pots are really cheap on MP. Sometimes I would get major failstreaks on 3-4.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    It took me 128 stones when I tested on:

http://vindictus.gamedot.org/enhance

200+ is quite possible.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    I just keep it@+4 unless i have event runes or a lot of gold to spare when there is a +8 event.

I think you can safely go to +7 for equipments that are under level 90,but for anyhting that is level 90,it's a high gamble to try anything past +4.

And yes it normal,there is set% of success and it's either you are lucky or not.Even a 50% chance of getting something is quite random,so anything under even 40% requires a lot of luck.You could cancel enhances/get out of the forge/log off,log back in all you want,you will either get a good streak or a bad streak or something in between.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Yeah it is normal. just chance/luck, not guaranteed.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Chance to go from +5 to +8 without failing is only about 1 in 8 or 12.5%. That's only on average...it could easily be worse. That's 96 para stones alone.

Everytime it resets, you also have to get to +5 again, that's another 96 para stones, and thats assuming you don't fail going to +5.

So on average you are looking at more than 200 para stones on average to get to +8.

The cost : benefit ratio is also god awful for armor, something that derpcat never realised (giving additional damage to armor is just a lame attempt to get people to buy more runes).

Going from +0 to +5 gives you 58 DEF, some extra dura (meh) and reduces weight (who cares). This only takes 12 para stones (assuming no fails, 56.25% chance to not fail) and is pretty affordable. Doing this on all 5 pieces gets you 290 DEF doesn't do much unless it bumps you to the next DEF tier unfortunately, but is still affordable.

Going from +5 to +8 only nets you 52 DEF, 100 HP, some dura increase/weight reduction and slightly increases the amount of DEF retained when broken, but costs about 10 times as much.

Meanwhile the difference between a +5 and +8 weapon is massive.

In the first place, enhancing all 5 armor pieces should cost the same as enhancing one weapon for obvious reasons, and use the same amount of runes, not 5 times as much. There are so many better ways they could have done it....

At any rate, trying to +8 your armor at the moment just makes no sense whatsoever unless you have like 1000 para stones just sitting around or something, especially as the RISE update is giving everyone free +10 level 90 gear via character goal rewards.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I find the increase in def to be hardly worth the bother. 1341 def on a piece of armor to go to 1361 at the cost of a paradise stone? No thanks.