[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain 101

Comments

• HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Personally, I am just unable to enjoy neam. Due to playing on east server while living on the west coast; the lag is just too much. Frequently, I get hit through block, and 3 - 5 hits register at once (instead of just 1), which can easily turn a regular attack into an ohko. Then there's the rubberbanding annoyances; mana tracer going off without actually moving me; reso or ruin blade taking sp and going on cooldown with no spell ever comming out; and 1 in 3 arcane flurry taking mana/stamina without actually registering damage or giving sp on some of the hosts. Neam really feel like a boss designed with korea's execellent internet infrastructure in mind; and would be much more enjoyable for me if it doesn't lag so much.

I tried solo; got her down to 1.9 bars before time ran out. Probably would've barely made it if I cap attack and crit while this +500 limit release epaulet is still active.. but I have no will to try again. I don't think I have the patience for an hour long run again anytime soon.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    That's actually pretty good progress. I'm sure you can do it :)
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    How much damage do spears do during the gate move? I believe I've seen something in the low end of 9k-10k range. If so would it be possible to tank a spear provided you're sitting at around 12-13k def + around 8,5-9k HP pool? The estimates might be even less if you happen to have Evie's mana shield buff from Corona since that thing reduces incoming damage by 50%.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    No even at 13k def with 10k health the spears do full damage. Red attacks ignore defense and do a set programmed amount of damage from what i have experienced (especially since I've been working on Fiona so Im no Fiona pro).
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    Here a similar gate dodge as staff evie but just using 2 hops.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125788176

Here the OHKO dodge i use on evie.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127862042
  • HallyHally
    edited March 22, 2017
    How much damage do spears do during the gate move? I believe I've seen something in the low end of 9k-10k range. If so would it be possible to tank a spear provided you're sitting at around 12-13k def + around 8,5-9k HP pool? The estimates might be even less if you happen to have Evie's mana shield buff from Corona since that thing reduces incoming damage by 50%.

Spear damage ignores your def. The last time I got hit, I saw 10,200 pop up. Evie's buff has no effect.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Cestus Karok's Gigantic Strength buff will reduce the Gate spear's damage by 34%, however this is usually unnecessary because gate dodging is easy for karok both weapons.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Last time i checked the gate should be about 9999 damage, but if you have over 10k hp you will not be killed
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Last time I got impaled by one of those spears, it did a whopping 10,500 damage.

In normal cases, that's an instant kill. :/
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Last time i checked the gate should be about 9999 damage, but if you have over 10k hp you will not be killed

Yeah that's not the case. There are plenty of KR players with 13k health and get decked all the time by that attack. That attack is intended to straight up kill you if you don't life flare. So it sounds like NA hasn't patched it or won't patch it.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Mana shields from Evies reduce the damage you take from gate.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Atherion wrote: »

I actually haven't seen that. I'll have to ask a few of my Evie friends on KR since I don't main Evie.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460

I actually haven't seen that. I'll have to ask a few of my Evie friends on KR since I don't main Evie.

He means the shield buff from corona, not Evie's mana shield.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited April 23, 2017
    Mainichi wrote: »

He means the shield buff from corona, not Evie's mana shield.

Ahhh. Interesting. Because even with that I get one shot at hell xD Then again it probably doesn't help that my defense is only 10k and everything else is Neamhain Compliant. Though I'm not too worried about it since I can dodge them without a problem without having to resort to SP skills and Phoenix Feather Bundle.
  • AtherionAtherion
    It's a red attack so defense is irrelevant. It's more about your hp as I think it hits for around 7k with the buff up although I'm not sure if the attack crits or not.

But that aside, dodging is pretty easy and consistent as long as you find one spot to familiarize yourself with, unless you are literally rubberbanding all the time.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited April 25, 2017
    It's a red attack so defense is irrelevant. It's more about your hp as I think it hits for around 7k with the buff up although I'm not sure if the attack crits or not.

But that aside, dodging is pretty easy and consistent as long as you find one spot to familiarize yourself with, unless you are literally rubberbanding all the time.

Wait the Gate? That hits way more than 7k xD I have 9k on Delia and I get decked so easily. Plus it's not crit on that. Crit does have a specific sprite that pops up and after playing this for so long you get used to knowing when you get hit with crits. Dunno bout NA on if that attack was nerfed or what but yeah Gate basically will deck you. Unless you mean her other red attacks....eh those are kinda random damages from what I noticed. But I'm pretty sure that's based on if I get crit'd or not. Who knows....
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290

Wait the Gate? That hits way more than 7k xD I have 9k on Delia and I get decked so easily. Plus it's not crit on that. Crit does have a specific sprite that pops up and after playing this for so long you get used to knowing when you get hit with crits. Dunno bout NA on if that attack was nerfed or what but yeah Gate basically will deck you. Unless you mean her other red attacks....eh those are kinda random damages from what I noticed. But I'm pretty sure that's based on if I get crit'd or not. Who knows....

It does about 10k without evie corona buff. With it, 7k sounds about right.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Of all the times I've been hit by gate, it either flares me, flat out kills me, or leave me with some hp left assuming I had the corona buff and a decent amount of hp beforehand.

I'd make the guess it hits for around 14k which would make sense given the corona buff reduces the damage you take by 50% although some people appear to have different experiences than me.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    Of all the times I've been hit by gate, it either flares me, flat out kills me, or leave me with some hp left assuming I had the corona buff and a decent amount of hp beforehand.

This pretty much sums up my experience with getting hit by Gate. The only time I get hit now is either not positioning myself well or lag. Good tip: If you have a way of dodging Gate, don't use other players for positioning. This messed me up so many times when trying to learn. Use the floor and the position of the spears to see where you need to move.

On another note, I found out that Neit can kill you between phases after Phase 1 and Phase 2 Neimhain if you're at 1HP and standing right next to him :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136154164
  • HallyHally

I'd make the guess it hits for around 14k which would make sense given the corona buff reduces the damage you take by 50% although some people appear to have different experiences than me.

Gate does 10k dmg to you without any buffs. As I have more than 10k hp, I do live gates without triggering life flare when it does hit me.

For the red attack where she charge stab with the spear, the damage depends on where she hits you. If the center of her hitbox touch you; you are a floor mat. If the side of her hitbox touch you, you take some damage; a lot more dmg if it crits you. I do not know if def affects that damage taken, but at 20k def, it's ~3.5k hp lost for a non-crit hit on the side hitbox.