[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain 101

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Mainichi wrote: »
    You don't need to drag the camera with right click, you can just move your camera down normally as you walk away from Neit.

Yep. I'm one of those guys who's masochistic in this sense Kappa I either get hit or don't get hit +best
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited February 9, 2017
    Out of curiosity, does anyone in Kr know how much hp you must deal to Neit to progress to the next phase?

I also recall reading that attacking his smaller claws deals double damage than if you were to hit his larger two claws around the time he first appeared in test servers. Was also wondering if this is true.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    His smaller claws don't have a double damage multiplier. There isn't really a known amount of damage as to how much. Granted yes it IS set it's just no one knows as far as I remember. The double damage on Test was fixed within hours of that server opening. One of the reasons it was quickly noticed was because Neit was able to be stun-locked in which interrupted the whole phase transitions making the raid unplayable.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    lol cant even use durability protection to make practicing it a bit less painful >.>
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    lol cant even use durability protection to make practicing it a bit less painful >.>

The repair fee was revamped atleast so each departure is only like 8k now for a fully enhanced set.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    That's still 4x what we'd pay for a practice coupon, not to mention we'd have to run it 50 times (conservative estimate) vs just once or twice with practice mode to see anything past phase 2
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    That's still 4x what we'd pay for a practice coupon, not to mention we'd have to run it 50 times (conservative estimate) vs just once or twice with practice mode to see anything past phase 2

Welcome to raids only for the best. The best practice is to dive into hell +흐흐 (+haha)
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    You can have it still be for the best without the artificial difficulty of removing practice mode or durability protection which does not impact gameplay at all.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    <video>
    Order5Arrow95
  • KouzuiKouzui
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    edited March 10, 2017
    How I dodge gates. :) B)

updated tutorial
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited February 15, 2017
    Gate dodging itself is simple. For me it's hard since i have to time it earlier due to play on KR from NA. I can dodge it 50% of the time though so Im getting better at it.

Real talk though. This was accidental but I want that to be a thing more often. Dodging the Gate of Babylon with Wild Star like it's nothin.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/108484761 Junyoop's guild is so nice btw~
    MochiSweet
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited February 16, 2017
    Note to Self:
    Neimhain's attack: 22k, if your def is 12k or less you will take the same max damage as those going in NAKED.
    Neimhain's critical: 125, if your crit resistance is 75 or lower, you are going to get oneshotted easy 50% of the time.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    ty Taro i didnt know her crit was so high+pain time to crit resis stack
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited September 10, 2017
    Gate dodging itself is simple. For me it's hard since i have to time it earlier due to play on KR from NA. I can dodge it 50% of the time though so Im getting better at it.

Real talk though. This was accidental but I want that to be a thing more often. Dodging the Gate of Babylon with Wild Star like it's nothin.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/108484761 Junyoop's guild is so nice btw~

You can probably do it from the rock most people go to after that spear that travels on the line passes by. You might have to go diagonal though. I sparrow it on Evie diagonally and use Killer Dart diagonally for gate dodge on Lynn. Wild Star might be able to go straight across. If not, you'll have to go diagonally with it and it'll work.
    MochiSweet
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 18, 2017
    Attempted a 3 party member guild run. While we didn't complete the run, we did get pretty decently far for a 3 party run. We died around 7.5 bars via Gate of Babylon. That and we ran out of potions. +shy It is so much easier to conserve potions in a full party run, not so much in a 3 man.

It is funny because for me, Gate is either a hit or a miss. Following scenarios:
    I do Gate fine around the 7 and 8 bar HP, but die from Gate at 5 and 6 bar HP mark.
    I do Gate fine throughout the entire party, but die from Neit's Claw, Neam OHKO.
    Or I die from Gate throughout the entire party. It is always random.
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited February 18, 2017
    Attempted a 3 party member guild run. While we didn't complete the run, we did get pretty decently far for a 3 party run. We died around 7.5 bars via Gate of Babylon. That and we ran out of potions. +shy It is so much easier to conserve potions in a full party run, not so much in a 3 man.

It is funny because for me, Gate is either a hit or a miss. Following scenarios:
    I do Gate fine around the 7 and 8 bar HP, but die from Gate at 5 and 6 bar HP mark.
    I do Gate fine throughout the entire party, but die from Neit's Claw, Neam OHKO.
    Or I die from Gate throughout the entire party. It is always random.

Ya just have to stay patient with all that.Took me multiple tries to find my gate path,same for the 6 hit KO combo.Once you find your way thoe,it's 2 things less to worry about.I just break it down part by part,eventually you will get it.Most of it was setting my camera view properly.

Only thing that i find a little sudden is when Neit quickly transition from Neahmain in the last bars.That's also why i try to keep my pots for that part.

For the gate there is like 2 lines of spears separating me from neamhain.I put myself to the left of the pillar exactly where the 3rd wave of spears strikes and i wait after the second wave sound as i see the spear coming towards me i dodge twice into the center section.

Did a run with an interesting party yesterday.Had other clears but they where heavy carries from other menmbers so i was leaving party before completion screen to get more practice.Party had very standard stats in general,no super stacked players,just efficient players with proper knowledge,very efficient staff Evies.I had another clear with no healer as well.in overall i see that people are adjusting very well to the raid,in a couple weeks many should be able to consistantly clear it without necessarely having a stacked party.

In general it's really getting rid of Neits phases as fast as possible and not waisting feathers in those,that's why i put the tutorial about his moves,also that part can be practiced solo by anyone.If you can keep most of your feathers and pots for the last part thats a very good start.From there it's just taking the time to eliminate problem per problem:

-Neit's AOE red circles attack
    -6 hit combo
    -Gate
    -Avoiding the ping pong move

There is other things,but once you dont have to be so focused on these 4 points,the run feels a lot more smooth.

Random clear here:

<video>
    QueenOfMana
  • JessGameJessGame
    Trio clear.

I only recorded the last 9 minutes or so.My ending was pretty sloppy but it's work in progress.It was our 1st trio clear attempt as well so we can probably eventually get better clear times.For referance Staff has +13/Hurk+14 and i use +12 weapon.Those two also have cleared it in duo already,very competitive players.

<video>

As Sylas,my approach is far from examplary for this raid,still have to practice and figure some things out.Might post a complete and better run at some point if i can afford to record it.

MochiSweet탱크블레이드
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Very good. Keep at it. I myself have managed to master dodging the gate with my lag nearly every time now.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited April 11, 2017
    I don't really see how dumping money into your character will help when literally the ONLY thing NX wise that would help is NX equipment like Cadet Badge and what not. ... So there's really no way paying real money would help you even in the slightest.

Also Runes aren't really a pay2win method. It's Pay2Convenience.
    Few months old, but I just have to comment on your posts. You don't seem to get it.

This is the definition of pay to win. You cannot obtain these runes via gameplay (events don't count). People buying runes to protect their equipment/scrolls are paying to win.

This is made infinitely worse by the exquisite enchant rune. 100% success rate. Many of the people I've seen who have full r7 gear have bought or used this rune. If not that, premium runes which save the scroll so they can keep trying again and again without spending hundreds of millions of gold on scrolls and new pieces of equipment.

That is paying to win. There is no debate about this.

As someone who doesn't put real money into these elements (only cosmetic.. but even that has P2W stats on it, however 'small'), I can't compete with anyone who does. I've succeeded two r7 enchants since they were added; I've blown up multiple pieces of equipment and sold most of the scrolls I got because I wasn't going to risk it or waste the few event runes I have with a below 50% success chance.. for multiple pieces of gear. The money was worth more to me.

Oh, and I've never had a weapon above +10 until I blew up my Hurk's GS last week. 3 premium runes obtained over nearly a year were eaten before it went to +11, then it exploded. And I'm much too broke to buy replacement weapons to enhance.

I cannot compete with people who put real money into the game, moreso now than ever before. I cannot enjoy this raid because my gear just isn't good enough to even qualify for entry.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    DAOWAce wrote: »
    I don't really see how dumping money into your character will help when literally the ONLY thing NX wise that would help is NX equipment like Cadet Badge and what not. ... So there's really no way paying real money would help you even in the slightest.

Also Runes aren't really a pay2win method. It's Pay2Convenience.
    Few months old, but I just have to comment on your posts. You just don't get it.

This is the definition of pay to win. You cannot obtain these runes via gameplay (events don't count). People buying runes to protect their equipment/scrolls are paying to win.

This is made infinitely worse by the exquisite enchant rune. 100% success rate. Many of the people I've seen who have full r7 gear have bought or used this rune. If not that, premium runes which save the scroll so they can keep trying again and again without spending hundreds of millions of gold on scrolls and new pieces of equipment.

That is paying to win. There is no debate about this.

As someone who doesn't put real money into these elements (only cosmetic.. but even that has P2W stats on it, however 'small'), I can't compete with anyone who does. I've succeeded two r7 enchants since they were added; I've blown up multiple pieces of equipment and sold most of the scrolls I got because I wasn't going to risk it or waste the few event runes I have with a below 50% success chance.. for multiple pieces of gear. The money was worth more to me.

Oh, and I've never had a weapon above +10 until I blew up my Hurk's GS last week. 3 premium runes obtained over nearly a year were eaten before it went to +11, then it exploded. And I'm much too broke to buy replacement weapons to enhance.

I cannot compete with people who put real money into the game.

I do understand completely. However this is regarding getting the stats to fight Neamhain. There's no way to pay2win straight to the recommended stats unless you buy gold so you can purchase already decked out gear. A +10 lvl 90 weapon sure won't cut it. +10 95 yeah it will but you don't have that yet.