[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

June balance changes and... new character?

Comments

  • MeytaMeyta
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    Posts: 7
    Member
    This new character trailer..... is probably the worst I've ever seen. Bad lightning, bad shadow, they probably don't have enough time and just render it as fast as they can. Look like some amateur SFM clips.

  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 194
    Member
    Just pointing out few things
    First of seems her name is Bel , which could possibly mean Belle when she transfers over?
    Rq0CG65.jpg


    Height comparison
    qAyvjtu.jpg


    Nail polish and a ring? is it part of her glove slot?
    Ac5VxHV.jpg

    Her signature armor set has a TAIL. and also... new gremlin skin?
    MkPvPOu.jpg

    Just her face
    1I7q0gX.jpg
    BabyDani
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    Posts: 34
    Member
    I was probably going to try Bel regardless, but if she has any of the mechanics as show in the trailer, she could be interesting. The Amazon from Dragon's Crown (as well as other characters) had situations where your weapon could get knocked down and you'd have to brawl your way back to it, and I'm always down for another girl with kicks.

    As for breaking the gnoll's weapon, I'm guessing that was just some cinematic flair, but it'd be pretty neat if she had some boss disarming ability. Doubtful, but I guess you never know.

    Hopefully the fast pace of characters is indicative of the game doing at least reasonably well, and not some desperate death throes. I've never seen a game release more stuff when it's doing badly though, so I guess that's a good sign.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited June 28, 2019
    I was probably going to try Bel regardless, but if she has any of the mechanics as show in the trailer, she could be interesting. The Amazon from Dragon's Crown (as well as other characters) had situations where your weapon could get knocked down and you'd have to brawl your way back to it, and I'm always down for another girl with kicks.

    As for breaking the gnoll's weapon, I'm guessing that was just some cinematic flair, but it'd be pretty neat if she had some boss disarming ability. Doubtful, but I guess you never know.

    Hopefully the fast pace of characters is indicative of the game doing at least reasonably well, and not some desperate death throes. I've never seen a game release more stuff when it's doing badly though, so I guess that's a good sign.

    I'm guessing the weapon break thingy is just an allusion to some skill she'll have that debuffs the boss's ATT. It won't have new animations for the bosses or w/e.

    Thinking now about character mechanics, why the eff does Delia have an interaction with Karok, yet Eira has no skill interaction with Arisha, her OWN sister?
    Sir_RenderBabyDani
  • StrangerinaStrangerina
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 44
    Member
    edited June 29, 2019
    Menrva wrote: »
    Thinking now about character mechanics, why the eff does Delia have an interaction with Karok, yet Eira has no skill interaction with Arisha, her OWN sister?

    That's a really good point. Would be cool if she did.
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 130
    Member
    eira was planning on telling her family about her powers, but they got separated. dont remember if they actually found each other.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    Ingkells wrote: »
    eira was planning on telling her family about her powers, but they got separated. dont remember if they actually found each other.

    Yeah but like, considering the game's story, they met up now. That time stop skill for example is such a unique skill, would have been easy to give Eira some interaction with it.
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 825
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Returner9 wrote: »
    Even though she's melee and not a mage, she reminds me A LOT of Asker's Battle Mage, . If she has an attack where she falls on her bum because "OMG the weapon is so big that I lost control over it and fell on my bum bum" it will confirm my theory that there was something going on between devCat and Neowiz. We'll see, I guess.

    Well, I was wrong, she's not inspired by Asker's Battle Mage. She doesn't have a skill where she falls on her bum bum. However, she does have some attacks where she charges some form of blue colored magic. So maybe she is a battle mage, just not inspired by Asker's one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Also, side-note - she might be an INT class.

    She's cute. Her gameplay seems kinda Delia~ish. She even has smashes which restore stamina just like Delia does. You can tell that Delia, Miri and Bel were all motion captured by the same actress. And they all look the same too. Everyone says that Delia was "half-assed" and that she's "half a class" because her kit is lacking\too basic. Bel looks like what Delia should have been had they didn't half-ass her. She has like 4 active skills and a proper lockdown skill. I remember somebody made a thread "Delete Delia because Miri is better", oh boy, can't wait for the "Delete Delia because Bel is better" incoming threads.

    Tl;dr - Delia with a Magical (need confirmation) Great Axe.



  • MeytaMeyta
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    Posts: 7
    Member
    Look like everyone had voice for those F1-F4 command now...in Korean.
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 825
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Returner9 wrote: »
    Returner9 wrote: »
    Even though she's melee and not a mage, she reminds me A LOT of Asker's Battle Mage, . If she has an attack where she falls on her bum because "OMG the weapon is so big that I lost control over it and fell on my bum bum" it will confirm my theory that there was something going on between devCat and Neowiz. We'll see, I guess.

    Well, I was wrong, she's not inspired by Asker's Battle Mage. She doesn't have a skill where she falls on her bum bum. However, she does have some attacks where she charges some form of blue colored magic. So maybe she is a battle mage, just not inspired by Asker's one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Update: I didn't watch the Korean streams closely enough. She DOES have a skill where she falls on her bum from swinging too hard. I WAS RIGHT. And her sitting animation has that too.

    I see you devCat copying Neowiz's homework and changing it up a bit. I KNEW IT.

    d824d825f2fc15fd2a9c45e9e95a3456.png
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Posts: 718
    Member
    What happened to the scythe changes? I dont see any mention of them in the patch notes.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Posts: 646
    Member
    edited September 11, 2019
    Question2 wrote: »
    What happened to the scythe changes? I dont see any mention of them in the patch notes.

    I checked around youtube and couldn't find any videos detailing stuff on Evie's changes (didn't even find supposed Lynn/Vella/Eira changes). All I could find were Kai's changes uploaded and translated by HSG. The OP posted what appears to be a roadmap of changes, and it looks like KR is doing them in w/e order they choose. I don't think Evie's had her changes just yet.

    I'll leave a comment on one of HSG's more recent videos and ask him about Evie. I'll edit this post with any info I get.

    EDIT 1: HSG got back to me and said that her revamp was posted but he's yet to make a video. I'm asking him now for a link to KR's patch notes for her revamp so we won't have to wait on his video.

    EDIT 2: http://heroes.nexon.com/News/update/View?page=1&postno=888 (I'm lazy and don't feel like translating atm, but here's the patch notes).
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Posts: 718
    Member
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Question2 wrote: »
    What happened to the scythe changes? I dont see any mention of them in the patch notes.

    I checked around youtube and couldn't find any videos detailing stuff on Evie's changes (didn't even find supposed Lynn/Vella/Eira changes). All I could find were Kai's changes uploaded and translated by HSG. The OP posted what appears to be a roadmap of changes, and it looks like KR is doing them in w/e order they choose. I don't think Evie's had her changes just yet.

    I'll leave a comment on one of HSG's more recent videos and ask him about Evie. I'll edit this post with any info I get.

    EDIT 1: HSG got back to me and said that her revamp was posted but he's yet to make a video. I'm asking him now for a link to KR's patch notes for her revamp so we won't have to wait on his video.

    EDIT 2: http://heroes.nexon.com/News/update/View?page=1&postno=888 (I'm lazy and don't feel like translating atm, but here's the patch notes).

    I translated those patch notes but those look like the ones we got. There is mention of staff evie being buffed, but it goes straight to battleshade after. There is zero mention of scythe skills.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Posts: 646
    Member
    Question2 wrote: »
    I translated those patch notes but those look like the ones we got. There is mention of staff evie being buffed, but it goes straight to battleshade after. There is zero mention of scythe skills.

    Ah, my apologies for missing that. Let me go and ask HSG again about scythe specifically.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Posts: 646
    Member
    Question2 wrote: »
    I translated those patch notes but those look like the ones we got. There is mention of staff evie being buffed, but it goes straight to battleshade after. There is zero mention of scythe skills.

    HSG said that the scythe changes are included in that link. Upon further inspection, I was able to find them listed after the staff buffs. It does NOT go straight to battleshade. Google translate lists the section after the staff changes as "EB Battleside," which can be misinterpreted as batteshade. It's actually the battle scythe changes. It talks about Arcane gate adjustments, attack speed, and adjusting two of her smashes.

    Go ahead and take another look.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Posts: 718
    Member
    Thanks, so it looks like arcane gate is getting proper invul. Weird that we seem to have gotten the rest of the patch but not the scythe changes specifically though.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Posts: 646
    Member
    Question2 wrote: »
    Thanks, so it looks like arcane gate is getting proper invul. Weird that we seem to have gotten the rest of the patch but not the scythe changes specifically though.

    When did we get that patch? Afaik, we haven't gotten those changes yet. Looking over NA's update history, I don't see any of these changes listed in an update we've gotten. Unless I missed something?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Posts: 718
    Member
    Im probably just remembering wrongly.
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 194
    Member
    Sanuien wrote: »
    J

    Nail polish and a ring? is it part of her glove slot?
    Ac5VxHV.jpg

    Rip they took the ring off :(
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Posts: 196
    Member
    Sanuien wrote: »
    Sanuien wrote: »
    J

    Nail polish and a ring? is it part of her glove slot?
    Ac5VxHV.jpg

    Rip they took the ring off :(

    It was never a ring in the first place, it's the bracelet peeking over her hand. You can tell when watching the video closely.