[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Just delete Delia.

ReziRezi
Vindictus Rep: 2,585
edited December 26, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
I mean if you're going to completely and totally make a BETTER copy of her through Miri, why keep her? Why does she even exist? We can just give Miri her dodge and block (since, heck, Miri's block is only useful when running anyway), and then she'll be absolutely worthless.

Either that, or I guess you could give her a second weapon that's either the same as her current one (looks at Lann and Fiona, and Vella's swords for honorary mention), or will be released as an even BETTER copy as Miri's second. I mean, if Delia is this useless already, why not just treat her second weapon the same way?

Do you even realize that Delia will be abandoned completely until her second weapon comes out? Do you realize how absolutely RIDICULOUS Miri is, not just in power but in the fact that she makes not only Delia, but Vella's second weapon useless???

Did DOL just wake up one day and decide that they wanted to burn DevCat's legacy to the ground? Because it's smoldering right now.

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited December 28, 2017
    I find Vella CB still more useful than dragon spine. No wait time for aoe attacks or no long cooldown for dps mode but is very stamina dependent.

As for Delia, sure Miri and her share a lot of points, has a transformation of super sayian, Ultimate Sp move is situational . But with a high attack speed with Delia I think she can out DPS a lot of people. Also Miri is a bit hard to control since her dragon flame attacks may miss the target or put her in a bad position.

But I agree that the DOL is, I feel he is pushing everything too fast with too little quality control, too many bugs and balance issue , ignoring what made Vindictus fun to play. DOL has no idea what a game is and trying to based his decisions somekind of SIMS Club Penguins where battle is like 5th place where cosmetic , loot boxes, pets and chat come first. Like who really uses the class chatroom?
    Rezi
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I disagree. Delia has nice body model for some r34 material.
    ReziSLAMMENING420MaryJaneNaago
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    They should just delete every character that isn't Arisha or Kai, because they're the best looking and best playing characters tbh.

Even the players that main them are superior, but I wouldn't expect anyone but us to understand that, due to how high of an IQ you have to have in order to understand it. :^)
  • ReziRezi
    @Zeroheart

I get what you mean about Delia having faster attacks, but there are multiple things Miri has that counter that:

1. Her dragon attacks build up a ton of SP which allow her to spam a powerful long-range attack which builds up a ton of dragon flame with almost no cooldown. She can take off 2 of a boss's bars almost instantly if she aims right and the boss doesn't dodge, then do unlimited dragon attacks.

2. You can enter her dragon attacks almost instantly with a dodge, quick right click, FAST left click, FAST right click. This double-cancel sends her directly into her large AoE, so she doesn't need to waste time by using normal attacks. Delia only has dodge spam through her dodge-rightclick-fastdodge and that is nothing compared to Miri's long dodges and the correct positioning of Fiery Evasion.

3. Delia has a block that can't stop the OHKOs, takes a sec to occur, and has a right click smash that takes forever to execute. This makes her very slow, and in fact most of her gameplay is just that blocking since her dodge doesn't go very far. Miri instead counters with massive damage while she's attacking normally; if used correctly, you can deal equal damage to what you would through dragon attacks, constantly and without delay. A successful counter then gives her an awesome buff.

And Miri starts fast, while Delia starts slow. Not to mention the fact that attack speed even increases her dragon gauge refill rate, so the attack speed stat on her is double useful.
    Zeroheart
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Miri's big advantage over Delia are almost no native hit drag, and definitely zero when her flaming attacks are active, and no need for ridiculous pauses before every big hit on 3rd/4th smash. Delia has to left click back into the combo each time where as Miri can jump right into hers at any point and keep it going by right clicking. Delia was questionable on release because of her need for speed, but Miri just makes her getting a revamp pretty much a necessity to get her in a good place. It's so clear how much she, Tiede, and Whip were rushed in comparison to Miri and especially Blute. Delia is definitely in mothballs now other than for farming during events.
    Rezi
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Delia wil receive big buffs in the next balance patch, same to arisha with smaller buffs because in the same “starts slow” states.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Why would I delete a waifu of mine? GTFO.
    Order5SLAMMENING420PlaksterPixelPantsuAneyah
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    edited December 26, 2017
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    They should just delete every character that isn't Arisha or Kai, because they're the best looking and best playing characters tbh.

Even the players that main them are superior, but I wouldn't expect anyone but us to understand that, due to how high of an IQ you have to have in order to understand it. :^)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Arisha and Kai. The combat is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the moves will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Kai’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his gameplay- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these skills, to realise that they’re not just useful - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Arisha & Kai truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the depth in Kai’s existential skill “Prey Dive,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Arisha & Kai tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
    BowtacojrReinhardReziDrachus
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    5iandh's cousin, everyone...
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited December 26, 2017
    Elyr wrote: »
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Arisha and Kai. The combat is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the moves will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Kai’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his gameplay- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these skills, to realise that they’re not just useful - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Arisha & Kai truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the depth in Kai’s existential skill “Prey Dive,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Arisha & Kai tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Perfect.

11f.gif

Rezi
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Nexon wasn't thinking very hard when they released Delia; she's like 80% of a character. Her game-play is way too simple, she has one less smash attack than other characters, has fewer attacking active skills, zero utility skills, and her hold skill relies on knocking the enemy down first. People have also been saying that Delia is like old hammer Fiona, which means she's mostly copy-pasta.
    Rezi
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Order5 wrote: »
    Nexon wasn't thinking very hard when they released Delia; she's like 80% of a character. Her game-play is way too simple, she has one less smash attack than other characters, has fewer attacking active skills, zero utility skills, and her hold skill relies on knocking the enemy down first. People have also been saying that Delia is like old hammer Fiona, which means she's mostly copy-pasta.

Fiona + Hurk = Delia.

Really stinks that you need excessively high speed to do decent damage anyway.
    Rezi
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Delia and Miri's similarities are from them both having transformation skills for the most part.

If anything Delia and Fiona are more similar because they both have a dash, block with a counter attack, and an SP skill with low cooldown that makes them kinda beyblade (focal point and full moon)

Yeah Miri has a better trans than Delia but just because they both trans doesn't mean Miri is a better Delia.

If anything Miri is more similar to other characters, Delia's parry is similar to Karok, her range/weapon look is a lot like CB Vella, a dash like Fiona (Delia too I guess but Fifi was there first), Flamebreath which is a lot like Arisha's mana bar.

To me just saying "DELETE DELIA MIRI IS A BETTER VERSION OF HER IGNASUEGBNAEU" is cutting a lot of characters short and just comparing them based off of the trans alone isn't a viable argument imo.
  • ReziRezi
    edited December 27, 2017
    @Saphree

If you actually read my above posts, you'd see that I did not even mention Delia's transformation at all, and that is not how I compared them. Their transformations are completely different, and Delia mainly relies on buff skills while Miri can go straight into powered attacks.

My comparison was in what they're useful FOR. Delia is known for her block counters.... Well Miri can counter while attacking. Delia is known for her dash ability - well Miri's dodge is a dash and she actually has 2 dash abilities in addition to that. Both of them use 2-handed slow weapons, but Miri's is faster and stronger, with large AoE. Not to mention the fact that Delia's quick entry into battle can be done by Miri, and Miri even has nukes that Delia can't compare to. Miri also has insane SP regeneration with little Stamina use, while Delia is hungry for SP and Stamina.

Delia's buffs will based o attack speed, but anyone who knows Delia's speed curve will know that a few points of attack speed at the start won't really change her speed at all. What they NEED to do is give Delia faster animations or else more animation cancels, because it's her animation that really lag her, as well as better buffs for blocking that make blocking "charge" her power, so there's actually a point to that 10 seconds of wasted DPS while he blocks, since she would be able to return the damage 10-fold in the next 10 seconds.

But I honestly believe she just needs a great, UNIQUE second weapon. That's what will really save her. Or else, maybe she could be given a large hoop like in Soul Caliber to REPLACE her sword. The devs could easily keep many of her current skills and also add more, perhaps even giving her a SMASH COUNTER that's effectively better than Miri's Normal Counter. Plus it would then actually make sense for her second weapon to be the one I want, the dual chakrams - but still, giant chakram would be a perfect replacement for bastard sword.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Delia solo clear no hit : ATT 33103 / Bal 90 / Cri 150 / ATT SPD 97 / Limit Release 2750 / Additional Damage 5000

Miri solo clear no hit: ATT 32179 / Bal 90 / Cri 153 / ATT SPD 100 / Limit Release 3250 / Additional Damage 6000

Miri only has a faster clear time cause clearly 1000 more ADD dmg, more limit release, and more stats, yet the clear times are pretty close to eachother.

I don't see how Delia is useless, maybe learn to play her properly xD
    SaphreeSunrisePDI
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Lynn is terribile. I hate that character, A LOT.

Scythe Evie is powerful. When I get my new laptop I'll try this Miri.
  • ReziRezi
    @RobertLivia

Actually, you're playing Miri wrong. Every single time you use a normal combo into dragon attacks, you're wasting DPS. You're SUPPOSED to do Spinethrow CANCELED by a FAST left click CANCELED by a FAST right click. This only takes half a second and sends her right into dragon attacks. If you don't do that, you're intentionally failing to utilize her maximum DPS. You have almost unlimited Stamina available on her so there's no reason for you not to be doing this when you obviously know how to use Delia's cancels. You also need to make sure you have crit maxed and then focus on attack speed so you generate maximum dragon regen, since your dragon regen rate looks super slow.

Don't talk about failing to use Delia properly when you yourself fail to use Miri properly.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    edited December 27, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    @RobertLivia You also need to make sure you have crit maxed and then focus on attack speed so you generate maximum dragon regen, since your dragon regen rate looks super slow.

Are you talking out of ur ass or something Miri has 100 Attack speed.

Also those are not my chars, it's someone else playing just listed videos to show you the little difference.

Please do show us you superior technique of using Miri, show a solo or anything doesn't matter if u have the stats, just gameplay. xD

• ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Lahar wrote: »
    Lynn is terribile. I hate that character, A LOT.
    Hey. Delet this
    JP74OKT.png

Fun fact, she's actually among the best damage dealers in game
    Saphree
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Elyr wrote: »
    Fun fact, she's actually among the best damage dealers in game

*Was.

Rezi