[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The point of the new Abomination Armor/Weapon ???

AxxonAxxon
Vindictus Rep: 1,135
edited December 20, 2016 in General Discussion
Hello there,

Taking hiatus back and forth since I consider having more than good enough for all the content we have (Except Neanhaim because HAHAHAHA nobody will reach those stats for a while in NA) and I wanted to know what's the point of the new armor ???

I'm currently Wearing Regina Armor and Weapons until Force/W-B and Co. go to rA and it seems that only the special abilities change from Regina to Abomination armor. Is that it ?

Comments

• MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    Mostly more fashion weapons for me.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    yup just the location for the ability
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Mainly the new sets only allow the user to use their abilities to work in lochlann plains, while the chapter one sets can have their abilities only work in ben chenner. You can't use abom abilities in ben chenner, and vice versa.

2edgy4uXie
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    so my alts can wear something different
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Axxon
    Axxon said:

Hello there,

Taking hiatus back and forth since I consider having more than good enough for all the content we have (Except Neanhaim because HAHAHAHA nobody will reach those stats for a while in NA) and I wanted to know what's the point of the new armor ???

I'm currently Wearing Regina Armor and Weapons until Force/W-B and Co. go to rA and it seems that only the special abilities change from Regina to Abomination armor. Is that it ?
    Its basically devcat being lazy. The abilities on ben chenner gear only working in ben chenner was because that was the only level 90 area we had at the timee, they were probably worried that the abilities would be OP in s2 or whatever. When they added lochlann, they were too lazy to make the abilities work in lochlann too.

Then they hit upon a great idea. They had made Eochaid drop mats for a new earring...and they could make the next lochlann boss (abomination) drop mats for a better brooch or other accessory....but why do that, when they can introduce a new side grade and delay an actual upgrade even further?

It's basically s2 all over again when there was little to no reason to make heremon over pirate and most players to this day refuse to run annwyn so annwyn sets almost never get made.

As an added bonus, they could make lochlann abilities work but only for the lochlann sets...meaning that if you wanted the minor abilities to work in all level 90 content, you would have to grind your ass off to make two different level 90 weapon/armor sets, fully enhanced and enchanted.

Just imagine all the runes that nexon can sell to people who actually are crazy enough to make two fully enchanced/enchanted level 90 sets.

Maybe once the novelty wears off, we will see history repeat and people refuse to run abomination because "ceebs, regina is easier and drops the same level 90 plate armor".
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Axxon
    Axxon said:

Hello there,

Its basically devcat being lazy. The abilities on ben chenner gear only working in ben chenner was because that was the only level 90 area we had at the timee, they were probably worried that the abilities would be OP in s2 or whatever. When they added lochlann, they were too lazy to make the abilities work in lochlann too.

Then they hit upon a great idea. They had made Eochaid drop mats for a new earring...and they could make the next lochlann boss (abomination) drop mats for a better brooch or other accessory....but why do that, when they can introduce a new side grade and delay an actual upgrade even further?

It's basically s2 all over again when there was little to no reason to make heremon over pirate and most players to this day refuse to run annwyn so annwyn sets almost never get made.

As an added bonus, they could make lochlann abilities work but only for the lochlann sets...meaning that if you wanted the minor abilities to work in all level 90 content, you would have to grind your ass off to make two different level 90 weapon/armor sets, fully enhanced and enchanted.

Just imagine all the runes that nexon can sell to people who actually are crazy enough to make two fully enchanced/enchanted level 90 sets.

Maybe once the novelty wears off, we will see history repeat and people refuse to run abomination because "ceebs, regina is easier and drops the same level 90 plate armor".
    And the fun part of this, if you didn't know : The next episode in this chapter will bring new lvl 95 Plate Armor and Weapons, With lvl 85 Ring and Belt + New Lvl 95 Shards... So the new Plate armor is even more useless and a Trap.

So We will already have to change all of our weapons and armor in the upcoming episodes once the The Light armor set is out. Nobody should have an excuse to not use W-B/Force anymore except farming them lol... Enchant scroll events should cover that anyway.

PS : Correct me if I'm wrong About W-B/Force not being r9 anymore in a future update, pretty sure they are changing alot of them Like Maelstrom and Divine Punishment.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900

@Axxon

I do not recall Well-balanced or Force being on the list of scrolls being reduced in rank. They are definitely doing it for the Tutelary and Sentinel counterparts, but it doesn't really matter a whole lot since rank 9 and 8 scrolls won't be able to destroy your equipment after the changes.

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Axxon
    Axxon said:

Question2
    Question2 said:

Axxon
    Axxon said:

Hello there,

And the fun part of this, if you didn't know : The next episode in this chapter will bring new lvl 95 Plate Armor and Weapons, With lvl 85 Ring and Belt + New Lvl 95 Shards... So the new Plate armor is even more useless and a Trap.

So We will already have to change all of our weapons and armor in the upcoming episodes once the The Light armor set is out. Nobody should have an excuse to not use W-B/Force anymore except farming them lol... Enchant scroll events should cover that anyway.

PS : Correct me if I'm wrong About W-B/Force not being r9 anymore in a future update, pretty sure they are changing alot of them Like Maelstrom and Divine Punishment.
    Yep, level 95 being released after a SECOND level 90 plate set is just incredibly dumb. Well, the current director is famous for a lot of things, so its easy to see why...

At some point they will have to release a second level 90 cloth/light/heavy set which nobody will care about because there will be more level 95 gear as well. It would be like releasing new level 80 sets after s3.