[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why no love for sylas?

Comments

• RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Niburu
    Niburu said:

Good riddance. Rest in pieces to that horrid class
    I know right? He's so broken. I hate the way he can outdps most other classes, especially when they have higher enhanced weapons and better gear than him.
    Xie
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    And the way he looks better than certain Evies while doing it...
    Xie
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited December 17, 2016
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Order5
    Order5 said:

Well Fiona players have felt this neglect forever. And AUS server probably feels this neglect about every marketplace item for every character every single day. I haven't checked in months, but last I saw there were only 5 pages worth of weapons period.
    Aus is pretty much Silent Hill at this point. As for Fiona... Not many players like taking a Tank role anyway because of the whole relying on healer to stay alive stereotype (Even though that's not the case for fiona). She needs a load of attack speed just to even compete with a kai though... which that is saying something.
    That is incorrect, you dont need loads of speed on fifi to compete with kai. My brother has a fifi and I have a kai. And in fair raids we are pretty neck to neck. Obviously some raids kai dominates in (kraken, lako, braha, regina) but fifi also has raids she dominates in as well (lugh, havan, juggernaut, zecallion, SQ). He used to hve a +10 with only 40 spd and dominated most raids. Now he has a +12 and 53 spd and performs even better mostly due to the add damage. And another note, this may come across as "arrogant" but its true, my bro and I are prolly one of the best if not the best fifi and kai on east server and we fully understand how to play our characters to the max potential.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited December 17, 2016
    Rizzle
    Rizzle said:

I've been looking for a long time now. And there just doesn't seem to be any daggers on the mp. Why no love? Other chars have pages of weapons listed. Some have high enhanced weapons listed....+10, +11, +12 level 90's. But there is consistently about 8 daggers listed, in total. And usually none are level 90.

Why no love? Is the kpop hate so great that everyone wants to see Sylas not succeed? I don't understand.

If anyone out there has a +13 Braha or Lugh Dagger that they are wiling to sale, on East Sever, please contact me. IGN: Rizzle
    It's because people generally post weapons that they know will sell.I post some +10 daggers not so long ago and i only sold 1 of them so it felt like there was no reason to make some.

But anyway,this summer there was the +10 to +15 coupon event.A lot of +12 weapons and up where being sold on the mp for very low prices and since than there as been a very significant decrease of sells.People have been spending a lot and most are already set with a good weapon.Lots also had the chance to simply directly get a high enhanced weapon directly from the ticket.It became harder and harder to sell any weapon at all franquly so some peole have turned into airtight stuff selling instead of weapons.Weapons might sell more in 1-2 weeks,will see.

It will be difficult to get a +13 indeed,last sell i viewed was around 1,2B i think and it was a little while ago...i don't know if it end up selling.I'm personnally aiming for a+13 or higher as well,but contrarely to general statments you can do very well even at +10.If you can't get a +13 at least having an offensive set(enlighted/enthusiastic/fast) will help a lot.Also i don't have one but i assume Werewolf Paw could help a lot.

From what i know there is probably just 1 active Sylas with a+15 on east but he plays very relax,there is another one with a +13 and he can beat or compete with pretty much anybody from any other classes.So im not sure on what ground people are basing their judgment.There is basically no dedicated Sylas on East who has the 300 additional damage advantage as well as being balance and crit capped and almost none are even close to these stats.Sylas just has a couple tweaks you need to know about him to enhance his performance by a lot but it's not common knowledge.Just a couple very small example would be:

Extinction Roar versus Massive Impact(Cross Gun):

Similar damage,but kai only gathers the SP and unleashes it.Sylas as to build a decent amount of shards up to 20 in order to get the full damage from it.The catch is that if it doesnt crit it can hit pretty low despite having taking the time to b uild 20 shards while sometime it will hit for a good 40k without even building the shards.

Phantasmic Slash and Spectral Sting in the quickslot:

There's complains about these 2 skills not aiming properly when put in the quickslot.It's true that it's a great waste to miss aim them,but it's still much better to have them in the quickslot and get used to aim them properly,because than it's almost as if you cast spells on Staff Evie without the tapping tecnique...you basically loose time casting.

You can also miss Extinction's Roar aiming in many situations and every time you than have to rebuild the SP and pass on 40-80k+ damage opportunity.That's what makes the differance between landing it 1,2 or 3 times in a run(80k to 160k extra damage/run).

Same thing for Spectral Sting,they can hit around 12k each and the cooldown is rather short so the missed damage adds up very fast every time it doesn't land.Ect,there is really a good couple other things to look for.

In overall,he requires more precision and timing so yes i'd agree that he is a little more complicated but at optimal performance the output is the same as any other class.He also has features that will work very badly in some runs and very well in others and not getting to know all of that can easely deteriorate your output by a good 10% if not more.There is still some runs where im figuring it out myself.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I'd think it's mostly because he's boring. I love his look, and made one just because of it, but throwing a giant shuriken all the time gets boring. Other characters are at least less noticeable in their repetitiveness.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Scarrlettt

Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Order5
    Order5 said:

Well Fiona players have felt this neglect forever. And AUS server probably feels this neglect about every marketplace item for every character every single day. I haven't checked in months, but last I saw there were only 5 pages worth of weapons period.
    Aus is pretty much Silent Hill at this point. As for Fiona... Not many players like taking a Tank role anyway because of the whole relying on healer to stay alive stereotype (Even though that's not the case for fiona). She needs a load of attack speed just to even compete with a kai though... which that is saying something.
    That is incorrect, you dont need loads of speed on fifi to compete with kai. My brother has a fifi and I have a kai. And in fair raids we are pretty neck to neck. Obviously some raids kai dominates in (kraken, lako, braha, regina) but fifi also has raids she dominates in as well (lugh, havan, juggernaut, zecallion, SQ). He used to hve a +10 with only 40 spd and dominated most raids. Now he has a +12 and 53 spd and performs even better mostly due to the add damage. And another note, this may come across as "arrogant" but its true, my bro and I are prolly one of the best if not the best fifi and kai on east server and we fully understand how to play our characters to the max potential.
    Usually depends from player to player and how "good" they are on their mechanics. Though, There aren't as many fionas as there used to be when I started playing more aggressively in raids, and more often than naught is when I keep seeing them do simple blocking mistakes. Also it depends if you're using sword or hammer as both weapons are good to use, but they have different methods of dealing massive amounts of damage.

Lugh, Havan, and Juggernaut are iffy from my experience, but I can totally see your point on Zecallion and the succubus queen as they are annoying bosses to deal with... matter of fact Nilfheim in general is annoying.
    I think there are two Sylas players with +15 90s and one with a +15 80. I have managed to hit 90 bal with pretty decent other stats, still needing to get an earring and white kitty necklace with fasts, and maybe some infusions on my accessories, but I'm doing pretty well overall. It's surprising, but adding the ability to grab extra shards before the fourth smash has really helped to liven up his game play a bit again. The biggest thing with any of the characters is how many different ways you can play them effectively; having Sylas be so poorly suited to do anything but 4th smash as often as possible to achieve max DPS turned a lot of people off of him after the initial excitement was gone.

Little things like dropping Impulse Zone before unleashing Extinction Roar to get the most out of it can make a lot of difference, but overall I've found it very much worth sticking with him. It's nice to have a character that doesn't need every single stat maxed out to excel if played correctly, and the improvements to the stam regen by building up Phantom Force are quite effective. It's also pretty keen to be able to add AoE, damage-based regen for the group every 20ish seconds, and to be able to drop heals on the entire raid without them having to come to you to get them.

I do wish there were a little more mage than ninja to Sylas, but the devs seem to be working to steadily improve him and to keep his group utility. They've done a good job of balancing him, though I still think his dodge/movement could be streamlined a bit more.
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited December 17, 2016
    Rizzle
    Rizzle said:

Abyssofthor

Rizzle
    Rizzle said:

I've been looking for a long time now. And there just doesn't seem to be any daggers on the mp. Why no love? Other chars have pages of weapons listed. Some have high enhanced weapons listed....+10, +11, +12 level 90's. But there is consistently about 8 daggers listed, in total. And usually none are level 90.

Why no love? Is the kpop hate so great that everyone wants to see Sylas not succeed? I don't understand.

If anyone out there has a +13 Braha or Lugh Dagger that they are wiling to sale, on East Sever, please contact me. IGN: Rizzle

Why no love for sylas you say image because he is a scrub of the highest order image He should have been a male magician like evie and instead we get a phantom knife throwing scrub . image
    Wow. So much salt. I guess we can see who gets out-dps'd by sylas on a regular basis.

How can I get out dps by a class that mostly non existing in the servers. image
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Prototypemind

I think there are two Sylas players with +15 90s and one with a +15 80. I have managed to hit 90 bal with pretty decent other stats, still needing to get an earring and white kitty necklace with fasts, and maybe some infusions on my accessories, but I'm doing pretty well overall. It's surprising, but adding the ability to grab extra shards before the fourth smash has really helped to liven up his game play a bit again. The biggest thing with any of the characters is how many different ways you can play them effectively; having Sylas be so poorly suited to do anything but 4th smash as often as possible to achieve max DPS turned a lot of people off of him after the initial excitement was gone.

Little things like dropping Impulse Zone before unleashing Extinction Roar to get the most out of it can make a lot of difference, but overall I've found it very much worth sticking with him. It's nice to have a character that doesn't need every single stat maxed out to excel if played correctly, and the improvements to the stam regen by building up Phantom Force are quite effective. It's also pretty keen to be able to add AoE, damage-based regen for the group every 20ish seconds, and to be able to drop heals on the entire raid without them having to come to you to get them.

I do wish there were a little more mage than ninja to Sylas, but the devs seem to be working to steadily improve him and to keep his group utility. They've done a good job of balancing him, though I still think his dodge/movement could be streamlined a bit more.
    Sylas's healing potential is meh at best because it can't heal if the shield pops all the time from a bad angled attack. Even if you block attacks, the shield somehow still pops, even if you take as little as 30 damage.
    Then don't take damage +tongue That's like saying Evie's res is meh cause if she gets hit during it then she can't get you up. It's a fair amount of healing, and only at the cost of one SP bar. Considering that it has about the same cool down as coro and that you can drop his other heal every 20ish seconds, I can't really find much to complain about with it. Has to be give and take or abilities just become OP.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Menrva
    Menrva said:

I'd think it's mostly because he's boring. I love his look, and made one just because of it, but throwing a giant shuriken all the time gets boring. Other characters are at least less noticeable in their repetitiveness.
    compared to who?

Lann: hmm...do i use gliding fury, or lightining fury, or furious seven(gliding fury x7), then theres spin to win and moonsplitter. Total of 3 different attacks.

Hurk: Spam dodge-smash, repeat? This is why many players dropped him.

Granted these two are easily the worst examples, but if you're making a judgement based on that- you didnt play him long, obviously. Offhand I can think of seven attacks sylas has without going to his sp skills. Although, i only use 6 most of the time.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Prototypemind

Then don't take damage +tongue That's like saying Evie's res is meh cause if she gets hit during it then she can't get you up. It's a fair amount of healing, and only at the cost of one SP bar. Considering that it has about the same cool down as coro and that you can drop his other heal every 20ish seconds, I can't really find much to complain about with it. Has to be give and take or abilities just become OP.
    Resurrection only works if you're dead... so don't get the main argument there considering that reviving and healing are two different terms in MMOs.

Additionally, the same cases apply for phoenix feathers where if you get hit, then the timer restarts from the beginning. You have to find a good time to use it.

Only problem with sylas' healing factor is that he's less potent than a staff evie because:

1. soul drain only affects 4 party members while regeneration affects the entire party. Plus, Regeneration spans the entirety of the map while Soul drain is an area of effect.

2. The shield that sylas uses pops when you take some form of damage, even at a lousy 1 point of damage can pop it, which makes me wonder if it's a bubble instead of an actual shield. Plus, it heals over time as opposed to corona being instant, so coro has the overall better potential to heal a player if they plan on doing full face-tanking on attacks, and can more often than naught save the player from being incapacitated. With the general rule of the game to not get hit, and lag making that harder than usual, I rather play it safe and go for corona any day of the week in the event where I have to face-tank a few hits.

Heck, Pillar Karok's Howl can heal the party, even if they get hit, and it can be spammed more often than illusion shield or corona, so pillar karok can be a healer as well :^)

• RizzleRizzle
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Prototypemind

Sylas's healing potential is meh at best because it can't heal if the shield pops all the time from a bad angled attack. Even if you block attacks, the shield somehow still pops, even if you take as little as 30 damage.
    The shield stops healing you if u take one hit. Just one. Any hit. Suck for Karoks who can only absorb and have no iframes. So if u see a sphere envelope your character, avoid the enemy for a little bit(use iframes to do it if u can), and thank the Sylas in your group.

In reference to PrototypeMind about stats: Yes - I have a +10 dagger and consistently place 2nd or 3rd in raids with persons boasting +12 or + 13 weapons. And not by far, 2- 6%. Sometimes 0.24%, or some other 0."chump change" percentage.

I think the best example is Kraken runs, where I take a back tent, build sp, vision dash to the head to drop impulse zone, vision dash back to continue tearing up the back tent, spear ppl free at 7 bars and at 5 bars, use my ult on the leech(or extinction roar, depends on my mood)and continue attacking, all the while throwing in phantasmic slash or spectral sting, or using illusion shield to heal others if i see their health going down. How does this +10 "chump" manage 2nd place by 0.27% on a back tent against hurk, evie, and kai who were all on head with +12-+13 weaps(there was an arisha with a +11, but that person got 1st)? Especially when he goes out of his way to help them?

Total scrub. Absolutely worthless. Lmfao

I guess people just excel at the things they like. Those who hate him will find no reason to get better at him. And those who tried him and lost patience with him not being on the same level of "incredible" as a character they've already mastered over the course of a year or more, will find every excuse to put his class down. But those who do like him, like myself, find ways every day to be better at him.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Abyssofthor

How can I get out dps by a class that mostly non existing in the servers. image
    Sooooo....you're confessing to being beaten by someone that is non-existent. I mean they must beat you badly, why else would you come here to cry so loudly? People only hate what they don't understand. I can see how you don't understand how Sylas is easily comparable to, if not superior to, many characters in terms of viability, and definitely superior in terms of overall utility. Its okay, you're blinded by your hate and we can see that.

*Moving on.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Scarrlettt

And another note, this may come across as "arrogant" but its true, my bro and I are prolly one of the best if not the best fifi and kai on east server and we fully understand how to play our characters to the max potential.
    Hi Ph3onix. ^ This statement is true. And in game, he's really very humble about it, considering his level of awesome. But like Grandpa said "It ain't braggin' if you ain't lyin'."

Totally agree- its all about knowing how to play your character to their max potential.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited December 18, 2016
    Rizzle
    Rizzle said:

The shield stops healing you if u take one hit. Just one. Any hit. Suck for Karoks who can only absorb and have no iframes. So if u see a sphere envelope your character, avoid the enemy for a little bit(use iframes to do it if u can), and thank the Sylas in your group.

In reference to PrototypeMind about stats: Yes - I have a +10 dagger and consistently place 2nd or 3rd in raids with persons boasting +12 or + 13 weapons. And not by far, 2- 6%. Sometimes 0.24%, or some other 0."chump change" percentage.

I think the best example is Kraken runs, where I take a back tent, build sp, vision dash to the head to drop impulse zone, vision dash back to continue tearing up the back tent, spear ppl free at 7 bars and at 5 bars, use my ult on the leech(or extinction roar, depends on my mood)and continue attacking, all the while throwing in phantasmic slash or spectral sting, or using illusion shield to heal others if i see their health going down. How does this +10 "chump" manage 2nd place by 0.27% on a back tent against hurk, evie, and kai who were all on head with +12-+13 weaps(there was an arisha with a +11, but that person got 1st)? Especially when he goes out of his way to help them?

Total scrub. Absolutely worthless. Lmfao

I guess people just excel at the things they like. Those who hate him will find no reason to get better at him. And those who tried him and lost patience with him not being on the same level of "incredible" as a character they've already mastered over the course of a year or more, will find every excuse to put his class down. But those who do like him, like myself, find ways every day to be better at him.
    It's not that I hate on sylas, it's just I wish he has more potential overall in terms of being a glass cannon. It's another character that has been over hyped and once the players got their hands on it is when it became a total disappointment. Evie has mana shields to protect herself from oncoming damage and can be strengthened based on her defense stat, and if you're playing staff, can use crystallized amber as a form of defense to nullify damage for up to 7 seconds, Arisha can block hits and convert the damage into mana, completely nullifying any and ALL incoming damage, including Druid's GIGA bomb, along with any other attack that would normally instantly kill you and is not unblockable, and then what does sylas get? Nothing, he has to dodge enemy hits similar to how lann and kai do it, except he can "phase through" enemies like giratina using shadow force, except as soon as his phase animation ends is when he's vulnerable to a hit. When comparing Sylas to Evie and Arisha, both Evie and Arisha have better tanking capability in their own rights, and staff evie is the superior healer as opposed to sylas' bubble popping because you took a measly 1 damage from a stay object somehow breaking the rules of physics when you step on it, or get hit by a stray attack that WAS NOT even aimed at you.

It's all statistical data of comparing the 3 magic users and explaining how sylas falls behind in some categories, which leads to many players deterring from playing sylas in general.
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    Kraken tents have a higher damage multiplier though. So, if you're somewhat ranged like Sylas and can get smashes in, you do more damage on tents than on head. Your impulse zone could've been better if you put it in between two tents.

Also, were the people you beat capped? They could have a +12 or +13 weapon but not orange with not capped stats. I know it's easy to get a swelled head when you see you beat a high enhanced weapon, but it doesn't mean anything if your ABC stats are better than them. The stat requirement is different for head and tent as well. 23k att and 114 crit for head and 21k att and 109 crit for tent. If an Arisha with, I assume, no access to drains from tents still manage to top on head, then I'm not very impressed with you tbh. :rolleyes:
  • RizzleRizzle
    Tariro
    Tariro said:

Kraken tents have a higher damage multiplier though. So, if you're somewhat ranged like Sylas and can get smashes in, you do more damage on tents than on head. Your impulse zone could've been better if you put it in between two tents.

Also, were the people you beat capped? They could have a +12 or +13 weapon but not orange with not capped stats. I know it's easy to get a swelled head when you see you beat a high enhanced weapon, but it doesn't mean anything if your ABC stats are better than them. The stat requirement is different for head and tent as well. 23k att and 114 crit for head and 21k att and 109 crit for tent. If an Arisha with, I assume, no access to drains from tents still manage to top on head, then I'm not very impressed with you tbh. :rolleyes:
    Who are you? why would i care if you're impressed?

I'm not capped, on anything. So there goes that argument. And even tho i use kraken as an example, its not the only run. Lako, Havan, Iset, Pantheum, Braha, Lugh, same story. Sometimes 1st, but usually 2nd or 3rd by a negligible margin and the only one to use his stun. Even so, I know other Sylas's, with even lower stats who experience the same thing. Thanks to these equipment contracts, level 70's are now wearing level 90 gear. And I'm not getting a swelled head - I'm just making a case for my class against the relentless attacks of a few butthurts. Were you impressed with yourself for a second? That was a mistake.

But we've gotten so far from the point here, that I'm about to close this thread. ---------Why is there basically no market for daggers? Please, in the spirit of Christmas, help Rizzle find his +13 dagger. That was the point of all this. Not who's better than who. I don't give two drunk reindeer about that. I'm more than happy to come in lower in dps. I'm never afraid to use my stun at the cost of my dps ranking. Please, please, let me throw mine first. I wish more people would use their stuns to make raids go faster. But so many are afraid of not getting that "TOP DPS", that they would rather die first. I'm not here to brag or feel good about my e-peen. I have a real peen. I'm not chasing after a +15. I just feel that Sylas should have the same chance at a decent weapon as other classes. There are +13 pillars, and scythes and staffs and spellswords on the mp. Theres +12 twin spears that i see every once in a while. The only level 90 dagger on the mp this week was a one star braha. Sylas, the disenfranchised class.

So, after all the "whos better than who"...it all amounts to squat. cuz that wasnt even the point. Really, some people need to read more than just the headline.
    I'm looking for a +13 lugh or braha dagger. And the marketplace for daggers is so poor, overall, that i wonder if I'll ever find one. I have a braha set and am working on lugh, i can craft every class of armor. 399/399 armor, tailor, goldsmith.

The best class? is the one you consistently play the most, the one that feels most comfortable, the one you enjoy so much you constantly work to be better at it,.....thats your favorite...thats the best class. Argument over.

• TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    It's natural for a thread to evolve over time. I find it better for threads go over the original topic in order to open a discussion than just tiny, bland threads everywhere, and I was replying to the current topic at hand.

I know you're trying to defend your favorite class against the haters but it seems your main argument is always about damage and your anecdotal experience beating other higher enhanced classes. I'm simply talking damage because you talked damage. Yes other people have talked about versatility and mobility and all those things and I mostly agree with that, however your arguments against people hating on Sylas would mostly be about you beating someone. When you start comparing your own percentages against other classes that are "more geared" than you, then I think many people, including myself, would think that as a proof of impressiveness. So I guess I apologize in saying that I'm not impressed WITH YOU, but I'm more unimpressed with Sylas as a whole.

Sylas is just simply not as good as other classes damage wise at max potential. If you want me to tie it back to your original topic, most people these days just aren't interested with a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class at endgame level, thus no one wants to go past a +10, thus no +13s on the market.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    The reason there are no daggers on MP (East server) are the following:
    1. Most of the players who've picked up this character already have relatively well enhanced daggers for him
    2. These same players make up about 80% of all people who will stick to the character
    3. Since no one plays or will pick up this character there's less motive to make weapons for him since the odds are it will have a difficult time selling.

Also take it from a Sylas player with relatively capped stats that rarely drops 1st place:
    This character lacks a lot to be desired.