[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thoughts of quitting vindictus altogether

TheSinXinTheSinXin
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited December 12, 2016 in Off Topic Discussion
Hello everyone; I understand that I may or may not do my introduction, however, I do not believe it would be necessary.
I'll get straight to the point, I have been thinking of quitting vindictus altogether for sometime now. Main reason is these pasts events have not attracted much to my attention and felt very bare. Even if I were to hop in and participate, it felt more punishment than reward. Other game titles (which I won't name) have drawn me away from vindictus because even if I fail a mission or quest, it's doesn't make me feel like I have failed entirely. I talked to an old guild member of my stance and suggested that maybe its time for a break rather than leaving the game.

Post your thoughts down below (just to make things more clear, I play NA_West server and no I won't post my IGN since I doubt it is necessary)

Comments

• RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    ....do we need to know?
    If you don't like the game anymore just go, play some single player stuff, find a different mmo, nobody needs to hear your whining...
    Everyone already accepted that we don't get content every week, just stop making these thread holy sh*t...
    ArellaRothKlmikoAbyssofthor
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    bye
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited December 13, 2016
    The game's update schedule is pretty sad so I really don't blame you. It's been legitimately 6 months since we've gotten any sort of NEW content (5 months if you decided to play Delia). No hit runs of old bosses is not new content. 16 man versions of old bosses is not new content. A gauntlet of old bosses is not new content. Most interesting thing we've gotten is shard improvement. I've personally been dumping most of my time in other MMOs as well, logging into Vindictus mainly to play the market a bit.
    Xie
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited December 13, 2016
    Go on a hiatus for yours and everyone else's sake.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Usually breaks are in order if you feel burnt out of the content (or lack there of) being thrown out as of the late. Ironically, the two new rares aren't really worth getting because they're practically worthless to grind for, considering they have abysmal drop rates, hah, look at the pun I did there. I've seen those going for 100M on the market only to never sell.

The abyss grade piece is for armors
    while the mysterious grade piece is for weapons.

Essentially the abyss piece is COMPLETELY useless while mysterious need 3 per upgrade and caps at 8 upgrades, totaling to 24 PER SHARD, because who wants to bother maxing out armor anyway when you can just dodge all the enemy hits without taking damage.

and coming from the guy that NEVER got an 80 bottle since the royal raid revamp, I can tell you that with the way RNG is right now, you can leave for 2 months and there wouldn't be a single difference in who's the strongest because of the way RNG is currently. Heck, peeps are still struggling on upgrading their mats because you can get runs where you get nothing but legendary shards, and SOMEHOW leathers and cloths from dead mobs are more rare than getting stones, stones, MOAR stones, and even MOAR stones that fill your inventory up like a WORM virus does to a computer when fine quality items are more rare than "white text" items. Sure you will be missing out on a load of bravery seal opportunities where you can attempt mass enhancing to 15, but where has that gotten me to as of the late? Now with 2nd booms giving nothing in return, I'm just gonna stop attempting for 15 all together because we casuals can't have nice things because of the fact that the actions of a few hurts many. It's actually more annoying and anti-climatic just to bust one's butt to cap out on attack burst limit because even with all those wonderful stats, it still wouldn't do any good anyway when you get 3 shotted by having lag screwing you over in more ways than one.
    Xie
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    There's no reason to quit a game entirely unless you hate it or simply don't have the time for it at all. Even for myself when I feel like quitting, I just plan to leave Vindi sitting on my computer until I feel like I'm in the mood for playing a raid or two. It has a unique combat system, after all, with good graphics.

While I'm not at that stage yet, I know this because I do the same with other MMOs I've played.

But Vindi will soon fall down a peg in gaming priority once my copy of FFXV arrives ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Xie
  • ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    You say that now, but you'll be back :D
    BloodAngel
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Shizukaa
    Shizukaa said:

You say that now, but you'll be back :D
    Seems legit
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    Just take a break and play another game for a while, don't quit. Also, don't blow up all of your items in case if you want to come back one day. I guess you can try and sell your gear depends on how long of a break you'll be taking since you can use the gold to buy newer/better gear when you get back. Or just keep the gear if you're just leaving for a few months. But either way, I wish you luck in whatever you're planning on doing!
    BloodAngel
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Riva
    Riva said:

....do we need to know?
    If you don't like the game anymore just go, play some single player stuff, find a different mmo, nobody needs to hear your whining...
    Everyone already accepted that we don't get content every week, just stop making these thread holy sh*t...
    And yet here you are, clicking on the title of this thread, reading the OP, and taking the time to leave your complaining comment.

The irony is real... holy sh*t...

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I could see if the OP had been whining or ranting, but it was a pretty fair post. Feeling like the BnS/BDO forums over here with a few of the replies.

Anyway, I can understand the burnout. I have one char almost fully geared, but the grind is still annoying when it comes to getting those last few pieces and still having to deal with the RNG for him and other chars that I'm just beginning to gear. Dealing with Ferg and Brynn after you've managed to get enough gold to begin progressing is ridiculously tiring. On top of that, as much as I love the combat and the customization via outfitters/armor, I can't justify spending when time + effort /= progress in this game. To achieve ridiculously high enhances randomly on chars that you care nothing for, but to never be able to manage the same on a main gets tedious.

Those are my main reasons for thinking of walking away, all the more so knowing how many other MMOs are on the horizon, and that there are better things to do with my time in general. This game honestly requires too much time for most considering that the return it offers is based on RNG. Do what you need to do in order to enjoy yourself; it is a game after all, and games are meant to be a fun escape from reality, not something to drag you down.
    Xie