[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

FERGHUS TRADITIONS

ZensZens
Vindictus Rep: 10,795
in General Discussion
Do you have any ferghus Traditions that have worked for you? Share below +fight
A recent one thats worked for me
Is Ferghus saying "Come on in Come on in" or "Come in Come in"
Lexxi1993

Comments

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited December 11, 2016
    I press enhance.
    Zens
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Btw our roles reversed. Now i hve the +12 lvl 90 and u hve the +14 lvl 80.
    Zens
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I always do it when he says "Welcome to the forge" best results ;)
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    http://vsnobs.com/topic/209-rng-superstitions/

"Welcome to the Forge" is an extremely popular one, but I've never seen success with it. :[
    I've never seen any success enhancing, really.

• WhitelighterWhitelighter
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    edited December 11, 2016
    I only enhance on the second Wednesdays after the full moon. Unless it's a leap year then I do it on the first Sunday.
    Aqua22
  • RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    He has the tradition of always letting me go over +9 but killing my dreams on every + after that. Does that qualify?
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    I move all of my gold to an alt. Then I strip down nekkid. Do a weird dance in front of the Forge. Mega in all caps, "This game hates me :-:, Ferghus please love meeee," grab a low level weapon and start enhancing until I feel ready. Then enhance the real thing while playing with the cancel button and hope it doesn't make me want to throw my laptop out of the window.

... The success rate for this enhance ritual is only at 50%. I only recommend doing this sacred ritual if you are in raging which will multiply the effectiveness of the ritual.

SylariusDivsZens
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I write down on a post-it note:
    Day ##/##/####. Needed Exquisite Iron Ore. Goodbye old weapon.

...and Fergus never fails do do exactly what I don't want.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited December 11, 2016
    Hrm... don't visit him at all ^^

Or.. actually wanting to blow something up for mats; and watch fergus succeed constantly.
  • AzelBhuiyanAzelBhuiyan
    Vindictus Rep: 935
    "Ah, my shoulder hurts from all that hammering" usually works for me.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited December 11, 2016
    Whitelighter

I only enhance on the second Wednesdays after the full moon. Unless it's a leap year then I do it on the first Sunday.
    Do you sacrifice one of the goats from Malina first, or nah? That's been working really well for me.
    Zens
  • CyanetixCyanetix
    Vindictus Rep: 450
    Ferghus must say "Welcome to the Forge" and I'll go until it blows.
    ZensBloodAngel
  • HoshinakiHoshinaki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,255
    I do something ridiculous like bathe at the hot springs in both Rocheste and Colhen for a minute. Bow to Flovian's mini shrine three times, then go to Malina's highest point (that lookout tower on the hill) and bow five times. Run around the campfire in Malina five times. Finally I go take the final bath in Colhen and drop the number of iced brandy according to what enhancement level I'm going for, then visit Ferghus. I also don't forget to record it as well, because Ferghus doesn't want to look bad on camera.
    ZensBloodAngelAqua22
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    You need to do the Ferghus ritual of enhancing only when they weapon has been completely broken in (needs to see at least 100 uses). Prior to entering the forge you need to run around the inn 5x in a counterclockwise direction, then once in the clockwise direction. From there you need to go into the inn and curse at the Strange Traveler. Following your rant, enter the forge, attempt to enhance then realize you don't have enough enhancement elixirs, Leave the forge then go to marketplace to buy overpriced elixirs. Re-enter forge to enhance. Put weapon in and click enhance, click yes when you get prompt that weapon +10+ will be destroyed. Click yes, when dramatic music of enhancing loading occurs, close your monitor. When the enhance finishes, hold your computer power button till it shuts off. Login the next day to find out your results.

*DISCLAIMER* The poster of this post is not responsible for any physical damage to your computer, hardware or any mental breakdowns that may incur if you happen to perma-explode your double enchanted 5* +14 level 90 weapon. This method is only for facts only and should not be taken seriously +best
    Zens
  • iSungiSung
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    The best is when you enter thinking yolo, you dgaf then hit enhance. Made like 6 +15s that way
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    iSung
    iSung said:

The best is when you enter thinking yolo, you dgaf then hit enhance. Made like 6 +15s that way
    Made a +14 on a char that I had no desire to even play anymore that way. Hard to not care when it involves time and resources on characters that someone does actually enjoy playing, hence why so many quit Vindi.
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Whichever day that I found 2-3 rare drops...visited Ferghy :3
  • ZensZens
    Scarrlettt

Btw our roles reversed. Now i hve the +12 lvl 90 and u hve the +14 lvl 80.
    LOL i know right ? +wow
  • ZensZens
    GldPhoenix

You need to do the Ferghus ritual of enhancing only when they weapon has been completely broken in (needs to see at least 100 uses). Prior to entering the forge you need to run around the inn 5x in a counterclockwise direction, then once in the clockwise direction. From there you need to go into the inn and curse at the Strange Traveler. Following your rant, enter the forge, attempt to enhance then realize you don't have enough enhancement elixirs, Leave the forge then go to marketplace to buy overpriced elixirs. Re-enter forge to enhance. Put weapon in and click enhance, click yes when you get prompt that weapon +10+ will be destroyed. Click yes, when dramatic music of enhancing loading occurs, close your monitor. When the enhance finishes, hold your computer power button till it shuts off. Login the next day to find out your results.

*DISCLAIMER* The poster of this post is not responsible for any physical damage to your computer, hardware or any mental breakdowns that may incur if you happen to perma-explode your double enchanted 5* +14 level 90 weapon. This method is only for facts only and should not be taken seriously +best
    Hoshinaki
    Hoshinaki said:

I do something ridiculous like bathe at the hot springs in both Rocheste and Colhen for a minute. Bow to Flovian's mini shrine three times, then go to Malina's highest point (that lookout tower on the hill) and bow five times. Run around the campfire in Malina five times. Finally I go take the final bath in Colhen and drop the number of iced brandy according to what enhancement level I'm going for, then visit Ferghus. I also don't forget to record it as well, because Ferghus doesn't want to look bad on camera.
    i need to try both of these +thinking face
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I try to seduce him