[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Black Friday Outfitter Sets/Elch Wings Petition

Comments

• ChaeldarChaeldar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,465
    QueenOfMana

I do not even know if NxNA can decide the trading rules. It is the Korean Devs that decide these trading rules and not necessarily the NxNA Staff. For the trading rules on these sets to be changed, it would most likely have to go through the Korean Devs. It is rather unfortunate.
    I would assume that they probably can't make them airtight, but should be able to change the status of an item to tradable, like Iset and Keaghan are. That would be enough to make people happy.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited December 6, 2016
    Chaeldar
    Chaeldar said:

QueenOfMana

I do not even know if NxNA can decide the trading rules. It is the Korean Devs that decide these trading rules and not necessarily the NxNA Staff. For the trading rules on these sets to be changed, it would most likely have to go through the Korean Devs. It is rather unfortunate.
    I would assume that they probably can't make them airtight, but should be able to change the status of an item to tradable, like Iset and Keaghan are. That would be enough to make people happy.
    Actually to make Keaghan and Iset tradeable it seems they had to go through KR as well, since the team at that time did say they tried to make these sort of items (the big prize from gachapons) into a non-gachapon item, but the most they could get from KR was an increased rate and tradable sets.

Also @Delteros There was a confusion about the ability to trade Demon Hunter and Great Adventurer when it came out with the Lucky Ice Cube, which is probably where that player got the idea that they would become tradable later on, though, that was just those two sets and it was just about them gaining the ability to be traded within the player's account.
    So sorry that player seems very confused.

I also had noticed you said a lot about how these boxes should be going forwards not backwards, when it comes to items like sealed and airtight, but the problem is this sort of box was just reselling the old, not making anything new. So this really wasn't about going forwards or backwards, just staying the same as they were.

Delteros
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    edited December 7, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

I also had noticed you said a lot about how these boxes should be going forwards not backwards, when it comes to items like sealed and airtight, but the problem is this sort of box was just reselling the old, not making anything new. So this really wasn't about going forwards or backwards, just staying the same as they were.
    This box is basically a mix between:
    Violet Witch which had Witch's Tears exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Scarlet Flutes with Dancing Flame Shards exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Lucky Ice Cubes and its Frigid Crystals exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Orchid Fauna with Orchid Fauna Coupons exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Royal Outfitter Pouches which were released so long ago (and I don't believe had an exchange shop) but the idea is that most if not all major gachapons with these valuable outfitter sets (+wings) after this one had an exchange shop so that if you spent x amount of money you would at least be able to get what you wanted.
    The Black Friday sale should have came with a similar option with "Black Friday coupons" exchangeable through the exchange shop for outfitters + wings, otherwise you could have instead resold the violet witch boxes, scarlet flutes, royal outfitter pouches separately so that someone who wanted specific outfits or the wings would have a better chance of receiving it and not a completely different item.

About the idea of things staying the same as they were, that's not completely true:
    Check out this Midnight Wolf which first released in 2014 with the arrival of Lucky Ice Cubes. It wasn't tradable to other players for 2 years - now it's Airtight - that's progress.

The same goes for the Golden Junior Gnoll Chieftain, last year it wasn't tradable (as shown on the left) but now it's Airtight and once again tradable to other players. This is what I mean by going forward.

However, one thing to note is that:
    Airtight Pets won't save this game but airtight outfitters (such as those from Orchid Fauna) and wings (such as Sealed Butterfly Wings) just might.

• DealerDealer
    edited December 7, 2016
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Dealer
    Dealer said:

This box is basically a mix between:
    Violet Witch which had Witch's Tears exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Scarlet Flutes with Dancing Flame Shards exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Lucky Ice Cubes and its Frigid Crystals exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Orchid Fauna with Orchid Fauna Coupons exchangeable through Exchange Shop
    Royal Outfitter Pouches which were released so long ago (and I don't believe had an exchange shop) but the idea is that most if not all major gachapons with these valuable outfitter sets (+wings) after this one had an exchange shop so that if you spent x amount of money you would at least be able to get what you wanted.
    The Black Friday sale should have came with a similar option with "Black Friday coupons" exchangeable through the exchange shop for outfitters + wings, otherwise you could have instead resold the violet witch boxes, scarlet flutes, royal outfitter pouches separately so that someone who wanted specific outfits or the wings would have a better chance of receiving it and not a completely different item.
    While I understand where you are coming from, you missed a gachapon, Crimson Commander Package. This gachapon was basically another one of those and even though CCP and BFB were after the first exchange shop it didn't have one since it limited the amount of sales and increased rates it didn't get its own exchange shop.
    A shop would be hard to balance out with gachapons like BFB. Even without one it feels like more people got more of the rare items from this gachapon than when their respective gachapons or events released them, so I don't think the Devs would agree with the increased drop rate if they also gave a shop, even with the increased price.
    Even if they did, in all honesty, I can't see the guaranteed price of an item being any lower than when they came out in gachapons, in fact I see it closer to the max or higher (since coupon amounts would probably have to be fixed due to limiting sales), which would end up drawing more hate from players than them not having any shop at all. Not to mention the issues that occur when players won't be able to buy all the rares in the shop.

I actually didn't mind the boxes giving Vindicator coupons instead of having their own, but I would have liked if they gave more than 1 per box. Though the fact that they gave just 1 gives me the impression that they figured players would get enough good items from the box alone and that the coupons weren't necessary, but rather just tossed in as some icing on the cake.
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

About the idea of things staying the same as they were, that's not completely true:
    Check out this Midnight Wolf which first released in 2014 with the arrival of Lucky Ice Cubes. It wasn't tradable to other players for 2 years - now it's Airtight - that's progress.

The same goes for the Golden Junior Gnoll Chieftain, last year it wasn't tradable (as shown on the left) but now it's Airtight and once again tradable to other players. This is what I mean by going forward.
    However, one thing to note is that:
    Airtight Pets won't save this game but airtight outfitters (such as those from Orchid Fauna) and wings (such as Sealed Butterfly Wings) just might.

Well the Wolf was never inside of the Lucky Ice cube, it was always part of the shop in the past, so it was something that had to be changed no matter what if it was to be included in this gachapon. At least they think of making new items airtight when they can.

As for the Gold chieftain, that was a revamped event, even "new" to the game since it refused to let us use old letters. I would love if they revamped all of those older gachapons to ones that gave airtight items like they did the Gold Chieftain, but that would be its own thing instead of being part of some super gachapon with all the old rares.

Delteros
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 7, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

While I understand where you are coming from, you missed a gachapon, Crimson Commander Package. This gachapon was basically another one of those and even though CCP and BFB were after the first exchange shop it didn't have one since it limited the amount of sales and increased rates it didn't get its own exchange shop.
    Well in the Crimson Commander Package, all the rares were tradable with the exception of the exquisite enchant rune which you could use on any item and sell through the marketplace anyways.
    Keaghan Set
    Iset Set
    Exquisite Enchant Rune
    Devil Wings
    Phoenix Wings
    White Phoenix Wings

These were even cheaper than the Black Friday boxes and while we did receive an increased rate, that was balanced out with the inclusion of these other outfitter sets + elchulus wings so it wasn't much of an improvement at all (at least when it comes to getting specific rares).

Also, the non-rares in these CCPs were not airtight as it was released before the airtight system came in place and if that was the same for these Black Friday Boxes, it would probably have been a disaster. Good thing we avoided that.
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

A shop would be hard to balance out with gachapons like BFB. Even without one it feels like more people got more of the rare items from this gachapon than when their respective gachapons or events released them, so I don't think the Devs would agree with the increased drop rate if they also gave a shop, even with the increased price.
    Yes it is quite intriguing, the chance of getting a rare is 6% yet I've seen people pull as many as 4 rares in a row. I managed to get 2 Keaghan sets in a row which is nice but its not exactly what I wanted. Increased rates are great but an exchange shop is still better for giving the players what they want.
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

Even if they did, in all honesty, I can't see the guaranteed price of an item being any lower than when they came out in gachapons, in fact I see it closer to the max or higher (since coupon amounts would probably have to be fixed due to limiting sales), which would end up drawing more hate from players than them not having any shop at all. Not to mention the issues that occur when players won't be able to buy all the rares in the shop.
    Well those gachapons were 1900nx per box so if there were coupons it would have to be adjusted to give out more especially as it is limited to ten per day. So instead of usually giving out 1-3 in the other gachapons it could have probably given out 2-6 per box. Here's an example of what it could look like:
    Keaghan Set 200 Coupons
    Iset Set 200 Coupons
    Special Trivene Witch Set 200 Coupons
    Special Tieve Set 200 Coupons
    Special Captain Keaghan Set 200 Coupons
    Sealed Black Elchulus Wing 200 Coupons
    Airtight Exquisite Enchant Rune 70 Coupons
    Devil Wings 20 Coupons
    Phoenix Wings 30 Coupons
    White Phoenix Wings 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Special Great Adventurer Set (Male) 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Special Demon Hunter Set (Female) 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Smooth Summer Set (Male) 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Summer Sunflower Set (Female) 70 Coupons
    Special Stadium Set 50 Coupons
    Special Field Set 50 Coupons
    Airtight Midnight Wolf 50 Coupons

Worst case scenario, if you bought all the boxes because you were searching for a particular item, you would be able to get it. If you don't buy most of the boxes, you could still get a decent item that you desire. This would make most players happy.
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

I actually didn't mind the boxes giving Vindicator coupons instead of having their own, but I would have liked if they gave more than 1 per box. Though the fact that they gave just 1 gives me the impression that they figured players would get enough good items from the box alone and that the coupons weren't necessary, but rather just tossed in as some icing on the cake.
    The 1 coupon per box is ridiculous and it gives me the impression that there wasn't much thinking involved. One outfitter set in the exchange shop is 200 Vindicator's coupons which is impossible to get since the most amount of boxes you could buy was 70 or 100 with the time extension allowing you to get 100 coupons at the most. People who spent as much as $500 got nothing, or very little, of value in return with these coupons (I would even say that it shouldn't have been included at all). This might be a mistake and it should've given out 1-3 Vindicator's coupons per box but I'm sure no one will say anything.
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

Well the Wolf was never inside of the Lucky Ice cube, it was always part of the shop in the past, so it was something that had to be changed no matter what if it was to be included in this gachapon. At least they think of making new items airtight when they can.
    As for the Gold chieftain, that was a revamped event, even "new" to the game since it refused to let us use old letters. I would love if they revamped all of those older gachapons to ones that gave airtight items like they did the Gold Chieftain, but that would be its own thing instead of being part of some super gachapon with all the old rares.
    Who is coming up with these ideas - I don't recall anyone asking for an airtight midnight wolf or even a midnight wolf re-release. I mean it is a nice pet and I still have mine from 2 years ago but it might as well be added in the supply depot instead for a limited time or left as an item that you could obtain after purchasing lucky ice cubes (which seems to come out every single year anyways) and receiving frigid crystals. Yes I am glad that they are making new airtight items (if there wasn't airtight items I wouldn't have bought any boxes) but when you have nearly 70% of the items in the box as airtight/tradable and then the main items in the box that everyone is wanting to get not receiving the same treatment, that was basically a slap in the face to anyone in this community and not just the people who buy these boxes. There are players who do invest time and play the game enough to keep it alive and they should be able to have a chance at getting these rare outfitters/wings.

As for the gold gnoll chieftain gachapon, that was probably one of the worst investments I've ever made but the event wasn't so bad (it was a great way to AP farm). Not being able to use old letters wasn't a good idea as there were tons of people who previously worked hard to get them and they couldn't use them at all. I managed to get most of the letters (I was just missing a L) but I'm going to assume I can't use them next year as well.

Revamped Violet Witch, Lucky Ice Cube, Scarlet Flute, and Royal Outfitter Pouch gachapons would be great as long as some exchange shop comes along with it.
    I believe we are getting Lucky Ice Cubes and a Succubus Queen outfitter re-release soon enough but there should be time to revamp those.
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    I fully agree with Delteros. I have a sneaking suspicion that their support staff received lots of complaints regarding these Black Friday Lucky Boxes. Hopefully they have enough support tickets from upset players to forward to KR as proof of a real and in my opinion, serious problem. They already exist in a shady grey area legally. The untradables, duplicates, and gender locked outfits pushed that shady area into the wrong direction.

I suspect QueenOfMana hit the real problem on the head. NXKR is interfering with a region of the game they are totally obvious about. It's the same problem all KR MMOs suffer from. The NA offices need to do something and have to ask for permission only to be repeatedly denied. Then they stop asking because they know the answer already. I do hope this last Lucky Box gave them enough evidence to convince KR to move out of the dark ages. Making everything tradable and MP enabled is the perfect solution for everyone. Everyone is happy. Sales go up. It's just win-win all around. Nearly every other mmo has done it years ago.

I'm going to be optimistic about 2017. I'm hopeful. I'd prefer an immediate change, but gradual change is better than no change and you can see it happening already. I think they already had one gacha box were everything was sellable. The one with the bunny outfit. The change needs to happen. Everyone views the gacha boxes with animosity and contempt and that does nothing but hurt sales and make players upset and regret spending money.

Delteros
  • DealerDealer
    edited December 7, 2016
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Well in the Crimson Commander Package, all the rares were tradable with the exception of the exquisite enchant rune which you could use on any item and sell through the marketplace anyways.
    These were even cheaper than the Black Friday boxes and while we did receive an increased rate, that was balanced out with the inclusion of these other outfitter sets + elchulus wings so it wasn't much of an improvement at all (at least when it comes to getting specific rares).
    Also, the non-rares in these CCPs were not airtight as it was released before the airtight system came in place and if that was the same for these Black Friday Boxes, it would probably have been a disaster. Good thing we avoided that.
    It’s true all of them were tradable, but they were always tradable upon release it’s not like the box changed anything.
    On average it seems like BFB had a higher % even compared to the CCP -6 rare item at 3% vs 10 rare items at 6% - plus the 2ndary items were better in BFB - so the increased price actually seems more than just balanced out.
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Yes it is quite intriguing, the chance of getting a rare is 6% yet I've seen people pull as many as 4 rares in a row. I managed to get 2 Keaghan sets in a row which is nice but its not exactly what I wanted. Increased rates are great but an exchange shop is still better for giving the players what they want.
    People have luck, including you. I only got 1 rare from the boxes which were phoenix wings, and personally I don’t consider them a rare anymore since they have been released a lot, I was a lot more excited when I got them from CCP last year.
    In all honesty, the fact that these items were untradable and we have a nice understanding staff, worked out better for me than if we had an exchange shop, but I know that is not the same for all.
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Well those gachapons were 1900nx per box so if there were coupons it would have to be adjusted to give out more especially as it is limited to ten per day. So instead of usually giving out 1-3 in the other gachapons it could have probably given out 2-6 per box. Here's an example of what it could look like:
    Keaghan Set 200 Coupons
    Iset Set 200 Coupons
    Special Trivene Witch Set 200 Coupons
    Special Tieve Set 200 Coupons
    Special Captain Keaghan Set 200 Coupons
    Sealed Black Elchulus Wing 200 Coupons
    Airtight Exquisite Enchant Rune 70 Coupons
    Devil Wings 20 Coupons
    Phoenix Wings 30 Coupons
    White Phoenix Wings 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Special Great Adventurer Set (Male) 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Special Demon Hunter Set (Female) 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Smooth Summer Set (Male) 70 Coupons
    [Limited] Summer Sunflower Set (Female) 70 Coupons
    Special Stadium Set 50 Coupons
    Special Field Set 50 Coupons
    Airtight Midnight Wolf 50 Coupons
    Worst case scenario, if you bought all the boxes because you were searching for a particular item, you would be able to get it. If you don't buy most of the boxes, you could still get a decent item that you desire. This would make most players happy.
    Well without the extension, if you were unlucky with those prices and the initial sale there was a chance you wouldn’t get enough for the rare at that pricing and coupon amount.
    But let’s say you did get enough, on average you would probably spend over $100 more to guarantee an item from this exchange shop than the initial ones. I really don’t see that going well since players have issue with the old gachapon’s exchange shop’s pricing of avatar sets. But, I also don’t see the gap being any smaller since again someone could get 4 top prize items in a row from BFB.
    PS. Interesting pricing, you put the wings are actually at a fair price for our market, but they were in the rare items list so I would expect them to be higher than those that weren’t. Also, Field and Stadium sets have 6 items in the set and had a 100 ticket exchange in their initial gachapon so they should probably be higher than the other Limited sets, maybe 90.
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

The 1 coupon per box is ridiculous and it gives me the impression that there wasn't much thinking involved. One outfitter set in the exchange shop is 200 Vindicator's coupons which is impossible to get since the most amount of boxes you could buy was 70 or 100 with the time extension allowing you to get 100 coupons at the most. People who spent as much as $500 got nothing, or very little, of value in return with these coupons (I would even say that it shouldn't have been included at all). This might be a mistake and it should've given out 1-3 Vindicator's coupons per box but I'm sure no one will say anything.
    I would have liked at least 3 fixed Vindicator tickets, since then you can at least get a free avatar set from that exchange shop without the extension. I really don’t think a random amount should have been given for gachapons with limited sales, even though you could buy normal Vindicator boxes to increase the amount if you’re just a little off, it just seems wrong to me.
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Who is coming up with these ideas - I don't recall anyone asking for an airtight midnight wolf or even a midnight wolf re-release. I mean it is a nice pet and I still have mine from 2 years ago but it might as well be added in the supply depot instead for a limited time or left as an item that you could obtain after purchasing lucky ice cubes (which seems to come out every single year anyways) and receiving frigid crystals. Yes I am glad that they are making new airtight items (if there wasn't airtight items I wouldn't have bought any boxes) but when you have nearly 70% of the items in the box as airtight/tradable and then the main items in the box that everyone is wanting to get not receiving the same treatment, that was basically a slap in the face to anyone in this community and not just the people who buy these boxes. There are players who do invest time and play the game enough to keep it alive and they should be able to have a chance at getting these rare outfitters/wings.
    Revamped Violet Witch, Lucky Ice Cube, Scarlet Flute, and Royal Outfitter Pouch gachapons would be great as long as some exchange shop comes along with it.
    I believe we are getting Lucky Ice Cubes and a Succubus Queen outfitter re-release soon enough but there should be time to revamp those.
    Not sure why having the wolf there makes a difference, it’s just an item from an old gachapon’s exchange shop that got added in like the avatar sets. It wasn’t a rare or anything nor did it take the place of any other items, plus it’s tradable so I don’t see why your post seems to be so hostile towards it.
    I would have preferred the items being tradable as well, but every item that wasn’t had been released that way, so a part of me expected that, so even as a player I wouldn’t have considered it a slap in the face, just not planned well I guess… but then again there is always the chance that even if Nexon wanted it too, they couldn’t have gotten it. So I don’t know how to feel about it, at least they tried to do right by the players that bought it in the end.
    As for the revamps, all except Royal outfitter pouch had an exchange shop, so I don’t see why that would change even in a revamp. Though, it seems like the game is going more towards having exchange shops when they can, like how the day to day gachapon even got its own shop now, but hey they could always prove me wrong.
    Delteros
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 7, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

It’s true all of them were tradable, but they were always tradable upon release it’s not like the box changed anything.
    On average it seems like BFB had a higher % even compared to the CCP -6 rare item at 3% vs 10 rare items at 6% - plus the 2ndary items were better in BFB - so the increased price actually seems more than just balanced out.
    Yeah the Black Friday Lucky Box is marginally better, although it would have been great if there weren't wings included in the rares.
    The value of devil wings, phoenix wings, as well as white phoenix wings has just plummeted over the last few months and this sale made the value even lower.
    On East we have phoenix wings going for around 50m (250m 6 months ago), devil wings even lower than that, and white phoenix wings at around 150m (500-600m+ 6 months ago).
    I managed to sell white phoenix wings for 400m a few weeks before this sale but I ended up getting it again as one of the rares from the boxes anyways but now its value is too low I might be better off holding onto them.
    Overall, a lot of people can probably agree with the idea that the Vindictus economy is simply in bad shape right now.
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

Well without the extension, if you were unlucky with those prices and the initial sale there was a chance you wouldn’t get enough for the rare at that pricing and coupon amount.
    But let’s say you did get enough, on average you would probably spend over $100 more to guarantee an item from this exchange shop than the initial ones. I really don’t see that going well since players have issue with the old gachapon’s exchange shop’s pricing of avatar sets. But, I also don’t see the gap being any smaller since again someone could get 4 top prize items in a row from BFB.
    PS. Interesting pricing, you put the wings are actually at a fair price for our market, but they were in the rare items list so I would expect them to be higher than those that weren’t. Also, Field and Stadium sets have 6 items in the set and had a 100 ticket exchange in their initial gachapon so they should probably be higher than the other Limited sets, maybe 90.
    The sale extension: It's just a tactic to get more sales - first say that the sale is ending in 7 days but then once everyone has rushed to buy the last few boxes before it ends, you just "extend" it to make more profit. It was likely intended to be longer than seven days in the first place.

From looking over most of the gachapons, the amount is generally around $300 to get an item guaranteed through the exchange shop and this might be a lot for some but this Black Friday sale can serve as a reminder that it could've been worse.

If the wings weren't priced accordingly then no one would exchange tickets for them, its just not worth it when you can buy it with gold for a fraction of the price but this is fine because the wings have already been released many times already and there were still many in circulation before this sale.
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

Not sure why having the wolf there makes a difference, it’s just an item from an old gachapon’s exchange shop that got added in like the avatar sets. It wasn’t a rare or anything nor did it take the place of any other items, plus it’s tradable so I don’t see why your post seems to be so hostile towards it.
    I would have preferred the items being tradable as well, but every item that wasn’t had been released that way, so a part of me expected that, so even as a player I wouldn’t have considered it a slap in the face, just not planned well I guess… but then again there is always the chance that even if Nexon wanted it too, they couldn’t have gotten it. So I don’t know how to feel about it, at least they tried to do right by the players that bought it in the end.
    As for the revamps, all except Royal outfitter pouch had an exchange shop, so I don’t see why that would change even in a revamp. Though, it seems like the game is going more towards having exchange shops when they can, like how the day to day gachapon even got its own shop now, but hey they could always prove me wrong.
    If I seem hostile towards it, its probably because I'm just tired of seeing the same exact outfitters or pets re-released every year.
    I'd love to see new high-end outfits and new content in general, not just recycled content (although we should hopefully be getting an actual content update around Christmas time).

It's nice to give new players a chance to get these older outfitters and pets but you need something for the old players as well, who probably already have most of those outfits/pets/items that they desire already (or just make the old stuff airtight so that the old players can just sell it to someone who really wants it in exchange for gold).
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    At 5 dollars a box, you'd think it would be fine to allow people to trade the rewards they received from this box. What about all the people who got shafted and didn't get anything but crappy unbind and dyes? Great way to anger the little player base we have left.
  • KiruaKirua
    Vindictus Rep: 1,330
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

If I seem hostile towards it, its probably because I'm just tired of seeing the same exact outfitters or pets re-released every year.
    I'd love to see new high-end outfits and new content in general, not just recycled content (although we should hopefully be getting an actual content update around Christmas time).
    It's nice to give new players a chance to get these older outfitters and pets but you need something for the old players as well, who probably already have most of those outfits/pets/items that they desire already (or just make the old stuff airtight so that the old players can just sell it to someone who really wants it in exchange for gold).
    In KR they obviously don't have such problems cause they put everything in the avatar shop (I guess?) so for example they don't get the sale resales over and over (Wedding set, tuxedo, gangster, vampire slayer, steam heroine etc..). Obviously there are many differences between our versions but, what's making a wedding set, with a bugged/badly made texture on it, a rare outfit worth 30$ which you have to buy whole to get the (maybe) piece you want? Sure, it's nice to have special releases but, why always the same since years? I'm sure you would gain more by adding them in the avatar shop but probably it doesn't work this way.

• DelterosDelteros
    ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

At 5 dollars a box, you'd think it would be fine to allow people to trade the rewards they received from this box. What about all the people who got shafted and didn't get anything but crappy unbind and dyes? Great way to anger the little player base we have left.
    There is a way to trade rewards (by opening up a ticket) but it only works with trading duplicate outfitter sets or unusable gender-locked outfitter sets for a set of the opposite gender. It helps a lot of people who are stuck with items that appear to be of no value to them but it doesn't really take care of the problem. Not to mention you cannot trade for Black Elchulus wings, which is what a lot of people wanted.
    Kirua
    Kirua said:

In KR they obviously don't have such problems cause they put everything in the avatar shop (I guess?) so for example they don't get the sale resales over and over (Wedding set, tuxedo, gangster, vampire slayer, steam heroine etc..). Obviously there are many differences between our versions but, what's making a wedding set, with a bugged/badly made texture on it, a rare outfit worth 30$ which you have to buy whole to get the (maybe) piece you want? Sure, it's nice to have special releases but, why always the same since years? I'm sure you would gain more by adding them in the avatar shop but probably it doesn't work this way.
    Yeah it is a pain to wait months for something as simple as a tuxedo set. Good thing there were non-avatar versions of the set available that I was able to buy from another player or I would've been waiting nearly 8 months for that.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited December 10, 2016
    A suggestion would be to include an Event NPC Vendor that would allow you to exchange Gachapon Outfitters for an alternative Gachapon Outfitter/Wings. The drawback would be that the exchanged item would be bound to the character that got the item.

I.E: You have Captain Keaghan Set that cannot be freely traded with other players, but it can be freely traded with other characters on the account. You send the Set to a character on the account that wants to make the exchange. That character exchanges the Set for Elchulus Wings. Those wings become bound to that character.
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 13, 2016
    QueenOfMana

A suggestion would be to include an Event NPC Vendor that would allow you to exchange Gachapon Outfitters for an alternative Gachapon Outfitter/Wings. The drawback would be that the exchanged item would be bound to the character that got the item.

I.E: You have Captain Keaghan Set that cannot be freely traded with other players, but it can be freely traded with other characters on the account. You send the Set to a character on the account that wants to make the exchange. That character exchanges the Set for Elchulus Wings. Those wings become bound to that character.
    That would be nice if they implemented something like that since it would mean less work for Nexon NA Staff who have to handle these outfitter exchanges, although this is a situation that could've been avoided altogether if the right decisions were made.

The Elchulus Wings problem still stands, I know a few people who are stuck with the Elchulus wings packages or want them yet Nexon support cannot exchange them - its only a 1 to 1 exchange for outfitter sets. The best option is for the Sealed Elchulus Wings to be made tradable like the Sealed Butterfly Wings.
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    Just adding my voice to the support of change.

two things which are most deplorable to me are the following:

> spending a lot of money to not get what I want either through some form of trade function or exchange that doesn't involve Support.
    > having items, coins, coupons, whatever, that become obsolete the next time a similar event happens from the expenditure of real money (we spent the money before or worked to get these, and yet no longer have value, is punishing.

While we all had access to the knowledge of what we'd expect, it is a gamble after-all, it was a very disappointing experiencing for me.
    Delteros
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 18, 2016
    Sadly, it seems like nothing more will be done about this.
    In the community stream, the answer was basically: too bad those outfitter sets weren't tradable, well here are some new lucky boxes with tradable outfitter sets.

I don't think I'll be buying any of those newer lucky boxes, the contents don't seem that good but if I find a set I like I'll just buy it with gold.