[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thinking of Playing Again After ~2 Years

AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
Vindictus Rep: 1,110
edited October 30, 2020 in General Discussion
I used to be a regular on this game but about two years ago I decided to focus on a long-term irl project and play some of the other games I'd been missing out on. So I quit. Last night I had a dream about Vindictus that made me think about returning, but I also remembered everything I disliked about the game. So my question is, has the game improved any, or do they still make their money by setting up one gear treadmill after another and supplementing it with infinitesimally small success rates at enhancing? I can't shake the feeling that if I come back, I'll be totally lost and on my own with gear from when Macha was new.

Comments

• RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    There have been improvements but depending on who you ask there are deteriorations. But enhancing and enchanting for one is completely overhauled. You are able to get to +12 relatively cheap and with the reforging system you can attempt as much as you like until you get +15. There is now a cap of failed attempts for both enhancing and enchanting in that if you fail a certian number of times you get 100% guarantee rate (for scrolls is 4 times and for enhancing is 10 times i think). But for that matter they bumped the enhance cap to +20 which nobody still has as far as i know.
  • AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
    edited October 30, 2020
    So whose completely pants-on-head retarded idea was it to add a fatigue mechanic to a dying game? How was this supposed to help anything?

What do you people DO in this game all day now? I've only seen a handful of raids going up. How on earth are you getting your gear? Your scrolls? How does one even play this game now?
  • RhilinRhilin
    It's the idea of those who don't play the game, obviously.
    Dungeons became solo and main content is raids like before though most runned raids are the endgame ones so anything a lot older than that is not hosted due to fatigue as well as well as because they can be soloed.
    Mostly endseason of s3 and s4 raids are being hosted via Quickbattle feature so you won't find many parties via board. As well as royal raids, special raids are being done with occasional abyssal arenas.

Gear up until 95 I think is the most recent is given to you for free even a somewhat decent set ( i think it was +12 dullahan). With that you can basically do up to middle of S3 raids (95lv). I think scrolls are still dropped from them. From there though you'd need to enhance accessories (yes they put another gold sink) for the brand new stat called Counterforce which without it you won't do any damage in raids from 100 lv and up. Though enhancing them is easier as they don't reduce level upon failure nor they destroy the item but they become quite the sink after +15 (cap is +20 as well).
  • AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
    Thanks for all the info. So it seems like the three latest raids are where you get your gear mats and the four before that are where you get the latest scrolls?

This was my first day back but I'm not sure I'm gonna stay. I can't see how I'm going to gear up with this fatigue thing going on. I might have been hallucinating, but I did the most recent raid tonight and I swear it knocked off like 30% fatigue. I couldn't dredge up the amount of care required to raise up a second character when times were GOOD, I'm certianly not going to do it now. I don't want to sound like I'm just talking ****, but this game was pining for the fjords when I left. I don't see how this isn't going to be the final nail in the coffin.
  • RhilinRhilin
    As I have multiple characters I can say that the last 8 raids are being hosted frequently. Sometimes ppl make raid trains of Astera raids (100 lv), so you can say the last 11 raids are active (maybe even 95lv raids as well + 4 raids). While fatigue is annoying they give a bucketload of pots for free so I can't say I've ran out fatigue and had no way to continue raids (as well if you're in a guild you get 30% more fatigue when using the bed in the guild house every day). Yes Cesar and Nyle take about 24% per raid but the latest one takes 16%. I have no idea how they make it up but until S4 it's not more than around 10% per run. Fatigue only affects you if you want loot, which lower raids and stuff like Ein lacher is not really usefull.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long a
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was ma
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, i foolishly let my greed and temporary love for vindi steal another grand from me in the few months i played again.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and so i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, i foolishly let my greed and temporary love for vindi steal another grand from me in the few months i played again. I deeply regret it.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and so i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, i foolishly let my greed and temporary excitement for playing vindi again steal another grand from me in the few months i played. I am mad for giving in like that once again.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and so i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, i foolishly let my greed and temporary excitement for playing vindi again steal another grand from me in the few months i played. I am mad for giving in like that once again.

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15 with np, BUT it comes with either insane luck o
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15 with np, BUT it comes with either insane luck or a HIGH PRICE with how many times you have to reforge. Took me like 1bil gold and 8 tries just to +14. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14. So its not exactly cheap, unless you have insane luck.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14 only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have insane luck. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and a
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14 only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s 2 first came out and w
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get +15. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14 only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s 2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for money or misty summit for scroll farming. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers need
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s 2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for money or misty summit for scroll farming. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers needing parties to work on leveling/story. They took away 'hard' levels, and theres little to no challenge in any of the story till you get to en
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and so i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters gear/stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, i foolishly let my greed and temporary excitement for playing vindi again steal another grand from me in the few months i played. I am mad for giving in like that once again.

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s 2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for money or misty summit for scroll farming. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers needing parties to work on leveling/story. They took away 'hard' levels, and there's little to no challenge in any of the story till you get to end game.