[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thinking of Playing Again After ~2 Years

Comments

• TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and so i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters gear/stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, RNG still sucks, drops are barely worth anything. I foolishly let my greed and temporary excitement for playing vindi again steal another grand from me in the few months i played. I am mad for giving in like that once again.

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get a +15. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14 only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s 2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for money or misty summit for scroll farming. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers needing parties to work on leveling/story. They took away 'hard' levels, and there's little to no challenge in any of the story till you get to end game.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Signed in after months of hiatus just to reply to this thread, i had an urge to play vindictus again back in January of this year, i missed it and gave it another go. I quit not long after neam came out. Came back and mained miri for about 3-4 months and got bored with the game again and so i quit yet again. The game is fun when you have a goal (mine was maxing my new characters gear/stat wise) but once you achieve it the game is rather boring. I am not a fan of raiding and it seems like that is the ONLY thing to do in this game once your maxed out. It's still retardedly hard to make money in the game, RNG still sucks, drops are barely worth anything. I foolishly let my greed and temporary excitement for playing vindi again steal another grand from me in the few months i played. I am mad for giving in like that once again.

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get a +15 with one weapon. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14(from +13) only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Main thing i hate about the no permabooming weapons enhancing is it takes the joy o Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s 2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for money or misty summit for scroll farming. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers needing parties to work on leveling/story. They took away 'hard' levels, and there's little to no challenge in any of the story till you get to end game.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get a +15 with one weapon. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14(from +13) only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Main thing i hate about the no permabooming weapons enhancing is it takes the joy of having a +15 away. Before i felt special having a +15 as it was hard to get and now literally EVERY max player has one. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

• TheNewKaiTheNewKai

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get a +15 with one weapon. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14(from +13) only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Main thing i hate about the no permabooming weapons enhancing is it takes the joy of having a +15 away. Before i felt special having a +15 as it was hard to get and now pretty much EVERY 100+ player has one. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for thunder rings or misty summit for scroll farming. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers needing parties to work on leveling/story. They took away 'hard' levels, and there's little to no challenge in any of the story till you get to end game.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    edited November 14, 2020

I will admit they did add some great things to the game, such as how you can basically get a +15 with one weapon. At the same time they DECREASED the rate for +13 and up. Which can mean you spend ALOT of gold trying to get said +15. Took me 1bil+ and 8 tries just to get my damn weapon to +14(from +13) only to find out a few months later level 105 weapons came out -.- So its not exactly cheap, unless you have great luck. Main thing i hate about the no permabooming weapons enhancing is it takes the joy of having a +15 away. Before i felt special having a +15 as it was hard to get and now pretty much EVERY 100+ player has one. Other nice new things are the getting part of your enchant scroll back if you fail (and after 3 tries you can make a 100% scroll out of the scraps).

Other than that like i said, this games mainly for raiding now, and i hate that. I miss the old days when s2 first came out and we grinded shipyard for thunder rings or misty summit for scroll farming. I want more than just raids, i miss the dungeons. They took the fun parts of the game away, leveling is too fast and easy, missions are easy af so they took away the joy of having new comers needing parties to work on leveling/story. They took away 'hard' levels, and there's little to no challenge in any of the story till you get to end game. Game is still HEAVY pay to win, i think even more so than before. They don't release outfitters to buy anymore its all in gachapons.

And to the fatigue thing, i think most people agree it is a very stupid feature they implemented, makes it hard for new-comers. Honestly i still don't know how this game is still running, i wish they;d just make a whole new game.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Okay i have no freakin clue why my post is multiplied so many times, wdf nexon
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    I've recently rejoined Vindictus and I'm going through the season 3+ storylines for the first time, so that's fun for me. My guild from Mabinogi is rejoining Vindi with me as well, so I'm not playing this alone. This is our first time playing the game since the guild revamp, too, so we're saving up for a guild house and playing with that new content there. I'm also still working on ranking up my goldsmithing. I know the game just throws a lot of good equipment at you now, but I still like collecting gear, so crafting is still useful for me. I guess once I finish all of those things the game might only become exciting every time new story is released, but this isn't my main MMO anyways so I'm not too worried about that. I'm mostly just playing this because it's Mabinogi's prequel game and I think the story is well-written.