[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming change regarding crafting

BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
Vindictus Rep: 1,735
in General Discussion
Crafters be advised.

I don't think this has been mentioned on here yet, but on 07/09 following significant updates were made in Kr server regarding crafting, dismantling, & element stones:

- If ANY of the ingredients for crafting an item are bound, the resulting crafted item will also be bound to you.
- Upon obtaining an dismantle-able item via marketplace or mail, it will become bound to you.
- If you dismantle a bound item, the resulting items will also be bound to you.

These only apply for the expertise crafting and not for NPC crafting.

So I guess now if you wanted to craft & sell stuff on a character, all ingredient items have to be farmed only by that character.

The vast majority of the sever was strongly against this change but it pulled through anyway.

I'm aware most people here do not know Korean, but here are my sources:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/44433?p=3
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/44507?p=2
ElynsaBabyDaniZeroheartBankymoonPrototypemindAkimbojoeKirra

Comments

• ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    edited July 13, 2020
    If the pre-90 mats still don't bind when traded via Shared Storage then you should still be able to farm mats on alts for Element Stones and leveling up Crafting Proficiency up to 390, which is enough to craft end game gear. Having said that, forcing players to farm all of their own mats with the 5 departure cap plus Fatigue is dumb. This also kills crafting commissions. Unless the craftsman happens to have a hoard of materials you'd need one who's willing to farm and factor in that cost, otherwise you will have to learn crafting yourself.
    BOK_CHOIStrangerina
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    This is the dumbest idea, are they thinking they can sell unbinds more if they gear lock everything?! Are they not already milking the whales with lowest rate gatchas and other pay for convenience?
    BOK_CHOIBankymoonPrototypemindStrangerina
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited July 14, 2020
    This hurts crafting and element stone farm a lot.

Trilogy of updates that fucked up players: Fatigue, ALR transfer nerf, binded crafts
    BOK_CHOIPrototypemindStrangerina
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    goodbye alll 3*+ gear...
    BOK_CHOI
  • BankymoonBankymoon
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    BOK_CHOI wrote: »
    - If ANY of the ingredients for crafting an item are bound, the resulting crafted item will also be bound to you.
    - If you dismantle a bound item, the resulting items will also be bound to you.

LAME. Please no. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to ship my items between my characters when making element stones. :/
    BOK_CHOI
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Guess I missed this one since I haven't crafted in months, but as I just really came back this is a horrible change. So was the point of this to kill the market for mats? I mean, you can't buy off the MP to craft anymore because all crafted items will be bound, so why would I ever purchase from other players anymore? On top of which, does this mean that if I buy armor and weapon crafting mats for high level gear and make it for a chance at a 3* or higher that even 3 and 4* will be bound?

Will this company ever stop making decisions that destroy their own game? Why would you implement something that the majority of your strongest player base is against?

Side note: I notice the Nexon white knights have steered clear of this thread. When even they haven't shown up you know a change is bad as can be.
    Bankymoon
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Elynsa wrote: »
    If the pre-90 mats still don't bind when traded via Shared Storage then you should still be able to farm mats on alts for Element Stones and leveling up Crafting Proficiency up to 390, which is enough to craft end game gear. Having said that, forcing players to farm all of their own mats with the 5 departure cap plus Fatigue is dumb. This also kills crafting commissions. Unless the craftsman happens to have a hoard of materials you'd need one who's willing to farm and factor in that cost, otherwise you will have to learn crafting yourself.

About that...they DO bind via shared storage. And the following week they doubled-down on this change and made further bind mods to dyes and bracelets. See below:

[Expertise]

- If an [expertise item] that can be dismantled, is acquired through [Marketplace] or [Mailbox], the item will have [Bound] attribute;
    - If an [expertise item] with "Cannot be traded/mailed" is dismantled, its materials inherit that attribute;
    - If one of materials for expertise crafting has "Bound" attribute, the resulting item is also Bound;
    : Even if one of materials can be moved between characters in the same ID, the resulting item will still inherit the [Bound] attribute;
    : Prior to crafting process. a pop-up window will be shown to check what attribute the resulting item will have;
    : The same notification window will be shown when attempting crafting through NPCs.

[Item]

- The following items are bound after trade, including [Marketplace], [Mailbox], [Shared Storage] and [Guild Storage].
    : [Twinkling Armor];
    : [Twinkling Pants];
    : [Twinkling Shoes];
    : [Twinkling Wristband];
    : [Twinkling Earrings];
    : [Leather Bracelets];
    : [Copper Bracelets];
    : [Silver Bracelets].

[Note:] If the [Unbind Count] remains, players can unbind the item for further sale.

- The following items can only be traded once.
    - If the item is taken from [Shared Storage], players can't trade the item.
    - The item can be put in [Shared Storage] indefinitely.
    : [Outfit Dye Ampoule (Colored)];
    : [Clodagh's Dye Ampoule (Colored)].

====
    tldr: move your items now (and before every major maintenance) to your strongest crafting character because these changes will be added.
    BOK_CHOIElynsaPrototypemindBankymoon
  • AkimbojoeAkimbojoe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    This is a bad change, and I do not like it.
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Guess I missed this one since I haven't crafted in months, but as I just really came back this is a horrible change. So was the point of this to kill the market for mats? I mean, you can't buy off the MP to craft anymore because all crafted items will be bound, so why would I ever purchase from other players anymore? On top of which, does this mean that if I buy armor and weapon crafting mats for high level gear and make it for a chance at a 3* or higher that even 3 and 4* will be bound?

Yes, after the patch if you wanted to sell 3+ star gears without having to use unbind potions or quality coupons, all the mats would have to be farmed in dungeon by the character you intend to be doing the crafting on.

Apparently it was meant to combat the bots flooding the MP but all it really did was hurting the playerbase.

Also thank you LoLoBooty for posting those additional detail.
    LoLoBooty
    BOK_CHOI wrote: »

Yes, after the patch if you wanted to sell 3+ star gears without having to use unbind potions or quality coupons, all the mats would have to be farmed in dungeon by the character you intend to be doing the crafting on.

Apparently it was meant to combat the bots flooding the MP but all it really did was hurting the playerbase.

Also thank you LoLoBooty for posting those additional detail.

Makes sense. There were badly translated comments about dropping a meteor to kill a cockroach, which I assumed had something to do with overkill to combat an exploit, but the bots are ever present. Lots of comments about "let's all die together" and "let's kill the game ourselves" making lots of sense as well. What an absolute train wreck set of decisions. Like I said, even the white knights can't polish up this turd.

This might be the actual nail in the coffin for NA. I thought the game would manage to limp along until the next big project, but it seems they've lost their minds. I don't understand destroying QoL for your own players to deal with a few exploiters.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited July 25, 2020
    Of course there are people have to think that anyone who has a different perspective on certain subjects are "white knights". And once again people like that think that this might be the "final nail in the coffin for NA". Comments like that are kind of unnecessary and idk I still see lots of reasons why they're wrong do you not agree?
    Bankymoon
    Haha, it's like ringing a dinner bell.
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI

Makes sense. There were badly translated comments about dropping a meteor to kill a cockroach, which I assumed had something to do with overkill to combat an exploit, but the bots are ever present. Lots of comments about "let's all die together" and "let's kill the game ourselves" making lots of sense as well. What an absolute train wreck set of decisions. Like I said, even the white knights can't polish up this turd.

"Dropping a meteor to kill a cockroach" Hahahaha honestly I couldn't have used a better expression to describe this patch.
    But yes, having skimmed through those comments before myself, the translation (or at least what you got out of it) is quite accurate.
  • KirraKirra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    So basically guild storage is gonna be the only way to store crafting matts across all chars without having shizz get bound to you. :I Or for moving around cosmetic items that can be coincidentally dismantled... what a poop update. So what exactly is going to stop botters from just making guilds for their bots??? They do that anyway. Nexon come on you meteor didn't even hit the roach.
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Next brilliant idea:
    Make equipment bind if you enhance them with bound materials.
    And after that, make anything bind if you move it in your own inventory. Yes, we sure need that change for a more challenging gameplay!

The binding system in Vindi is without a doubt the worst one I ever saw in any game so far.
    It feels like a giant virus with this new patch. Everything that comes into contact with a bound item gets infected with the bound status. Quite a needless and dumb change. Never seen bots selling powders/catalysts or any other materials (or... equipment?) that would warrant this change.
    LoLoBooty
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Sixth wrote: »
    Next brilliant idea:
    Make equipment bind if you enhance them with bound materials.
    And after that, make anything bind if you move it in your own inventory. Yes, we sure need that change for a more challenging gameplay!

The binding system in Vindi is without a doubt the worst one I ever saw in any game so far.
    It feels like a giant virus with this new patch. Everything that comes into contact with a bound item gets infected with the bound status. Quite a needless and dumb change. Never seen bots selling powders/catalysts or any other materials (or... equipment?) that would warrant this change.

binding is awfull i just returned and had some airtight unbind potion laying around i wanted to sell but on another character so i transfered it to shared storage not knowing that once i transfer it using shared storage it's not sellable anymore , so i end up with 8 million i could have made and a useless potion i dont plan on using anytime soon.

the crafting material being bound is also a real pain in the ass, when i returned a month ago and saw that every character could craft items if you had the expertise maxed on one character , i bought some mats on my mule character to begin crafting stuff and after realising the prof dont go up if you craft stuff with any character but the one that has the expertise the counter doesn't go up , i end up again being stuck with useless crap material that i cannot even transfer through my other character.