[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fatigue System - Ideas on ways to recover

SwornKnightSwornKnight
Vindictus Rep: 840
edited February 18, 2020 in General Discussion
I agree with everyone who says they do not like the fatigue system. However I always like to keep a cool and leveled head and try to see the good in everything.

What I like about the fatigue system:
-The guild house is put to work and has more purpose as the bed helps recover 20% fatigue. Interaction with objects gives meaning to the game for me and also adds some kind of immersion.
-Fatigue is not counted in RaR ( Is this temporary and due to event?) I farm rar daily and I for one am glad it doesn't count towards fatigue.

What I don't like:
-When entering dungeons your fatigue drops even though you fail or disconnect from the battle!
-I also don't like that fatigue drops from low level dungeons. This hinders leveling alts and just my personal preference.

What I would prefer:
-Give us more ways to recover fatigue similar to the guild bed function! Such as using the chairs, the campfires in towns, and maybe even add it to feasts! It would definitely make the guild house more lively! This would give incentives to join guilds. Guilds = Community. Community = playerbase. People are less likely to quit if they are connected with others. And i have to say, this game has one of the best and hilarious community I've ever seen in any other MMO.
-Increase the recovery ratio of guild bed, lower the cool down.

EventideTennotGhengisJohn

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    How about not have the Guild House Bed fatigue be on a 24 hour timer. Why not have it as a daily reset like everything else?

How about doing guild mission recovers fatigue?

Increasing the drop rates, cause nothing sucks more than doing a special and not getting steel, es pouch and any bracelets boxes.

Drop fatigue system. It was implemented for KR servers due to their laws. Hey if laws from other countries are affecting all servers, the gatcha boxes are consider gambling mechanics and not good for children / teens/ adults with gambling problems.
    SwornKnightTennotGhengisJohn
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    People already said thousands of times to remove it (me included) so gonna do like the topic creator, take a different route, and add stuff to improve it:

- Make all people refill up to 200% fatigue instead of 100% each day
    - Make beds have daily cooldown instead of 24h
    - Reduce fatigue on battle clear, not battle enter
    - Remove fatigue consumption on guild dungeon
    - Lower fatigue consumption of 90 raids to 5%, and 95 raids to 8%
    - Make each level up refill 10% fatigue / give 1 potion so leveling alts is much easier (99 level ups = 990% extra fatigue)
    - Add 1 fatigue potion for 500 AP in AP shop, daily cd
    - Add 1 fatigue potion for 10 triumph medals, no cd (would make PvP more active)
    SwornKnightTennotZeroheartGhengisJohnStrangerinadaws360Twln
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    NA/EU should simply have pots that give so much fatigue people can run what they want to everyday. It doesn't need to be improved for NA/EU, it needs to be offset so that it's next to unnoticeable. I get they had to add it in to make the coding easier for updates, but having to manage it and not being able to level characters properly is unwanted and has nuked the server population. We already know they can make pots to reduce it, so make some to reduce it to zero. They can offset it, or they can keep hemorrhaging players.
    SwornKnightGhengisJohnItotiadaws360
  • TennotTennot
    Vindictus Rep: 505
    200% would be too much... then we won't have to use pots, ever...
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    People already said thousands of times to remove it (me included) so gonna do like the topic creator, take a different route, and add stuff to improve it:

- Make each level up refill 10% fatigue / give 1 potion so leveling alts is much easier (99 level ups = 990% extra fatigue)
    - Add 1 fatigue potion for 10 triumph medals, no cd (would make PvP more active)

200% would be too much... then we won't have to use pots, ever... 150% would be nice, other suggestions I love :D and I totally agree with you.
    SwornKnightGhengisJohn
  • DraciusenDraciusen
    Vindictus Rep: 805
    Tennot wrote: »
    200% would be too much... then we won't have to use pots, ever...

200% would be too much... then we won't have to use pots, ever... 150% would be nice, other suggestions I love :D and I totally agree with you.

Ok, but consider the following:

We never had to use pots before either.
    PrototypemindaylbdrTwln
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    idk :l
  • anderzejn131anderzejn131
    Vindictus Rep: 985
    8 pm - peak hour - have to wait half an hour for 1 redeemer party - this is BS.
    GhengisJohnDaimusaylbdrTwln
  • JustFrameJustFrame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    edited February 24, 2020
    Support for this fatigue system is laughable.

It's like those who supported the concept of the Coin Boat System back when upon the launch release of Vindictus to the western players saying it was "a good thing" that we were limited on how much we could play unless we were "willing" to pay real money for the purchases of coins in order to continue running missions.

This is nothing but a law of another country being implemented for the Western playerbase with "money" as a thought process (They Just Want You to Pay Real Money to continue playing. Please let that sink in. It has more to do with that, than with statement of "We're doing it to mitigate the botting" nonsense, and worst off, you have people on here who somehow support such a garbage system.

Those that weren't around when Vindi first released, it had a massive playerbase (arguably the most hyped and talked about MMO at that time), however due to Devs fierce support of the horrible coin system and the constant negative feedback for it's removal, the playerbase took a nose dive to such a degree that finally when they relented and gave no limitations anymore, they had already lost the majority of the original playerbase by then.

Vindi would be in a completely different situation (playerbase wise) had they just removed the coin system early after it's release and just simply never had it to begin with.

So now, here we are again, in another system that will do the pretty much what some of us here remembered back during it's initial release, however, worst yet, in an already highly niched and limited playerbase of the current Vindi, "disguised" as a system that will limit botting/cheating etc...Lmao, we're not gullible.

Nice Job, the few people whom still frequented this game with me, have now all but unistalled and quit the game since this fatigue system was introduced. I've dealt with the coin system for a short period of time in hopes for a fast change (and even left because I got sick and tired of it), but I won't be around to deal with another concept of it again.

Unless those in the higher ups can't comprehend how stupid it is to enforce a horrible system to the Western playerbase, and cannot see beyond their own greed, then I'm never returning.

Truly sad, considering how much I enjoyed this game and played it through so many years of nonsense.

KoyakeGhengisJohnSwornKnightaylbdrdaws360Twln
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited February 19, 2020
    I thought the intense player base decrease was from that time where there was mass hackings. After all they removed the coin system pretty early on. As for me I'm for giving ideas, but if Nexon doesn't take it then I'm going to wait and see what they had in mind, because there may actually be a good reason for implementing things. I always thought the reasonings behind jumping the gun and quitting because something was recently implemented had faults. I mean did it really actually impact you that much so far? did you not have enough fatingue potions? And is it good to completely quit something you love without at least seeing if the games direction isn't as bad and maybe is actually much better than you thought it was? I'd say give ideas, and let's see what happens instead of being one of those end of days people who have been 100 percent of the time wrong or at least 99% of the time wrong until that one time they'd be right.
    SwornKnight
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    This aint even stopping bots. Been watching certain materials (god cloth/heavenly leather etc) for the last several days and judging by how many mats one person is selling says clearly bots are still in game.
    SwornKnightaylbdr
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405

Per your comment about leveling up. To my surprise It's not THAT big of an issue with new players leveling. I was able to get a brand new char from 0 to 100 within a week. (using ONE vip & being in a guild).
    SwornKnight
  • ItotiaItotia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,535
    edited February 20, 2020
    NA/EU should simply have pots that give so much fatigue people can run what they want to everyday. It doesn't need to be improved for NA/EU, it needs to be offset so that it's next to unnoticeable.

This.

Kurs wrote: »
    After all they removed the coin system pretty early on.

I only vaguely remember the coin/fatigue system, since I started playing just before they patched that system out, because they wanted to ENCOURAGE players to play the game.
    GhengisJohnIcygoddessSwornKnightTwln
  • SwornKnightSwornKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    @JustFrame,

I don't support this new fatigue system. I do however support making use of the guild house, as a personal preference.
    And yes, I think it's common knowledge now that the motive behind this is "money". We don't have to let it sink in. I don't spend on this game anymore so it doesn't really affect me. I am however, tired of how the devs try to force us to spend money the by "squeezing" out whatever ways the players try to use to make gold. I hope they do change their methods on trying to profit. There are better ways to do this while not making the playerbase feeling betrayed and used.

I'm also sad to see you leaving the game as well as your friend. But like Kurs, I'm trying my best to stay for a game that I love and in hopes that the future has some bright surprises.

As a full-time working adult, I don't really have the time to play any games as much. Maybe 1-3 hours a night, every other night. Combined with all my alts, running out of fatigue hasn't been an issue.
  • KursKurs
    edited February 20, 2020
    One thing I'd like to add too, is that people always assume Nexon's money grubby. It may be true, it also may be false. But I think if all people look for is the negative, then all they'll find and see is the negative. I prefer to try to see the whole truth if I can, and I think if I assumed everything was Nexon or the employees being money grubby then I think that would be hard for me to see, and hard for them to change, especially if no matter what they do all people will see is "they're money grubby". After all, if everyone but the whales boycott them then they can't change because they still need money. However, if everyone gives them a chance and enough people other than whales spend money, then that gives them the opportunity to change and expand their options, since then they'll have more sources of income to keep the game running. That's what I think anyways.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    One thing I'd like to add too, is that people always assume Nexon's money grubby. It may be true, it also may be false. But I think if all people look for is the negative, then all they'll find and see is the negative. I prefer to try to see the whole truth if I can, and I think if I assumed everything was Nexon or the employees being money grubby then I think that would be hard for me to see, and hard for them to change, especially if no matter what they do all people will see is "they're money grubby". After all, if everyone but the whales boycott them then they can't change because they still need money. However, if everyone gives them a chance and enough people other than whales spend money, then that gives them the opportunity to change and expand their options, since then they'll have more sources of income to keep the game running. That's what I think anyways.

@Kurs I can't find anything possitive about fatigue system, can you?
    aylbdrdaws360
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380

Stop white knighting for this company. Seriously, you sound like a gullible teenager lets be real.
    aylbdrDancingStardaws360
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited February 21, 2020
    Vladino wrote: »
    I can't find anything possitive about fatigue system, can you?

It gives me time to go enjoy the new Re:Mind DLC for Kingdom Hearts at least. I dunno if you'd consider that a positive tho :p
    IcygoddessGhengisJohnaylbdrdaws360Twln
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    But I think if all people look for is the negative, then all they'll find and see is the negative.
    Kurs, I'm something of an idealist and an optimist and I'm almost always the first to say "well let's sit down and talk about this" or "let's give this a chance" but that doesn't mean that your commitment to positivity has to be so great that it isn't possible to admit that something is a bad idea. Ultimately the question you have to ask yourself is if there is more good in a thing than bad. Considering all the bad things about it and the fact that it completely fails to do any of the good it was intended to, I find it hard to say there is enough that is "good" about the fatigue system to make it a "good" thing. I have to conclude at this time that it's been a huge mistake.
    CloakshireStrangerinaaylbdrTwln
  • KursKurs
    edited February 21, 2020
    @Vladino

The way I see it is there are a lot of things in life that may not seem positive at first but in the end have good consequences which we just may not see. I think that thinking we're the smartest person in the room and not listening to others perspectives and ideas usually makes us pretty dumb. I'd say give ideas, concerns etc. however if the other person still doesn't change then maybe it's better to just see what they have in mind and try giving their way a chance instead of boycotting them, quitting or hating on them. So while I or anyone else may not initially see the positives with guaranteed positivity, I can see potential negatives for telling people to boycott Nexon, and just spewing hatred or immediately quitting among other things.

@WhiteYukii

Well, I don't know about you but to me there's a difference between white knighting and what I try to communicate or do. If you want I can try to explain it in private message or in the thread. But I definitely don't think anything I'm saying or doing is bad, or unreasonable or something that would make me sound like a gullible teenager. I'm just making sure I'm not just a hater and taking things from both perspectives.

@GhengisJohn

Well, while I think I see what you're going for, here's what that way of thinking also says to me. It says "I'm the smartest person in the room, or at least smarter than the Nexon employees", (maybe not to that degree but I hope you get what I'm going for). And to me that insults the Devs or employees intelligence, and for me at least, I think that way of thinking would potentially limit my thinking. They hopefully have something in good in mind which makes the fatigue system necessary, and if assuming they carefully consider our ideas and suggestions, and still keep with the fatigue system... well maybe we should see what happens and trust that they're not stupid instead of quitting and stuff. Especially if we have enough fatigue potions to not have it really effect us.

I mean that's my 2 cents on the matter I'm just against quitting because of the fatigue system reasons. And it definitely would be nice if people wasn't so "I'm not supporting Nexon because of <insert recent qualm>" and I have questions for people who say things like "This is why I stopped supporting Nexon years ago".
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I wonder if the future events they have planned to be implemented are nothing but fatigue pots aw rewards. I notice that stopped giving fusion, unbinds and other runes.
    aylbdr