[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Voice for Characters

Comments

• DoctorDockerDoctorDocker
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    Petition to have Plakster voice all of the characters
    LoyalCasherNXonsWaifuBladeNsoul
  • BalrogBalrog
    Vindictus Rep: 795
    New Hurk's voice is awkward, It makes me feel uncomfortable.
    I would prefer either the old voice on him, or a new strong, deep and warcy voice on him since he is suppose to be the "Berserker" not a sissy boy who tries to sound mad. Depressing!
    KawaRyoBladeNsoulMihairuAigisAlisaCloakshireSwordShankerTatsuouLightfellowDenshoniWorldOrigin
  • KawaRyoKawaRyo
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    If it really so hard to give us original KR voice, at least give us option to mute only character voices. Playing deaf is horrible. We did get option to turn off quickchat emote voices
    AigisAlisaTatsuouBemuLoyalCasherBladeNsoulNXonsWaifuCloakshireMihairuanderzejnDenshoniand 1 other.
  • BladeNsoulBladeNsoul
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited November 27, 2019
    They really changed characters voice lmao nice now im really goin to quit.
    This game have no future so depressing and i wasted so much money for nothing T.T
    LightfellowWorldOrigin
  • MegadeusMegadeus
    Vindictus Rep: 745
    suddenly adding this stuff after years of people being able to self insert or otherwise immerse themselves in their character is going to create shock because everybody has a different view of their character that they've spent years customizing. That being said I think most of the voice work by itself is decent, just that the application of needs tuning and possibly a few options in the menu.
    paulvgodLightfellow
  • AM0NxAM0Nx
    Vindictus Rep: 670
    Bring back the old voices, Add an option to enable disable them new old for those who like them.
    Current gameplay muted ty nexon ^^
    CloakshireKawaRyoAigisAlisaTsutariMihairuKatlynnBladeNsoulLoyalCasherDancingStarLightfellowand 2 others.
  • IcyzIcyz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    If combat sounds had been properly implemented and not rushed as they surely feel this could have worked.

It really looks like nobody tested them in game with end gear. (attack speed plays a lot against the repetitiveness and length of the recorded sounds)
    Also some skills will 100% play the same exact sounds again and again every. single. time.
    Why?
    Also as previously mentioned the sounds equalization is really bad. Some are way louder than others and overall louder than the kr version. We hear them way too much in comparison to the other combat sounds such as hitting, metal sounds etc. They stand out too much.

If you don't want to give a toggle for whatever reason, at least work on implementing the combat sounds properly.
    paulvgodAiremedKatlynn
  • SwordShankerSwordShanker
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    Personally, I'd like a slider in the options that can change the depth and bass of the voice. I personally have a deep voice, and if this change were implemented, I could relate the character more to me. Personally I don't like the current change as the voice for hurk my main class got higher. I personally am usually not a fan of high voices, there's a few exceptions but here on vindi is not one of them.
    TatsuouKawaRyo
  • KatlynnKatlynn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,105
    Icyz wrote: »
    If combat sounds had been properly implemented and not rushed as they surely feel this could have worked.

It really looks like nobody tested them in game with end gear. (attack speed plays a lot against the repetitiveness and length of the recorded sounds)
    Also some skills will 100% play the same exact sounds again and again every. single. time.
    Why?
    Also as previously mentioned the sounds equalization is really bad. Some are way louder than others and overall louder than the kr version. We hear them way too much in comparison to the other combat sounds such as hitting, metal sounds etc. They stand out too much.

If you don't want to give a toggle for whatever reason, at least work on implementing the combat sounds properly.

This is so true, the higher your attack speed is, the more awful the combat voice sounds. Because the new grunts /sighs are way longer and can't keep up with the actions that the character is doing, compared to the korean combat voices which are shorter.

I miss my Vella's old voice please bring it back, now she yells so hard and her voice is so deep I can't stand it.
    Her voice lines (dialogue is okay) but god her combat voice is not.
    MihairuLightfellowWorldOrigin
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    would be nice if offical discord mods put the link to this thread in community channel or something like that
    need more votes/views
    TsutariBanana500NXonsWaifuTatsuouMihairuKatlynnWorldOrigin
  • StunnyStunny
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    Revert!
    LightfellowKatlynnKrustennDenshoniFranBunnyFFXII
  • LoyalCasherLoyalCasher
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Would be nice if we could disable character's combat voice but keep the combat sound. I only really want to hear the sound of my weapon hitting enemies.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    edited November 28, 2019
    Personally, I'd like a slider in the options that can change the depth and bass of the voice. I personally have a deep voice, and if this change were implemented, I could relate the character more to me. Personally I don't like the current change as the voice for hurk my main class got higher. I personally am usually not a fan of high voices, there's a few exceptions but here on vindi is not one of them.

I second this notion and suggested the same thing on the discord. While the redubbed voice(s) "fit" in general, it will clash when it comes to the customizations players have placed into the idea/image/personality of their characters they've spent time building. So maybe depth/tone/pitch sliders could be implemented to help and be a nice way of putting more uniqeness into our experience and further our "immersion" into the game.

I particularly don't like Lanns or Vellas voices as they don't match the aesthetics I've gone with for them.
    A toggle feature to switch between KR and NA would be nice too of course in case this can't be done if you wanted to find a middle ground between differing opinions of the community.
    LightfellowWorldOrigin
  • MegadeusMegadeus
    Vindictus Rep: 745
    voice pitch slider, different voice options would be cool.

Lynn- too squeaky
    Karok- Doesn't say bro or brother. +pain
  • FallentankerFallentanker
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    For the sake of everyone's sanity, please revert the voices back to their original state, or else, give us a toggle. The de-syncs, overlaps, and general feel of the yells, sighs, grunts, etc. is maddening. Yes, the noncombat lines are fine, but the combat lines are unacceptable. Being forced to mute the in-game sounds is definitely not how I imagined playing Vindictus.
    KatlynnTatsuouMihairuBladeNsoulPhar1LoyalCasherdazedgumballBanana500TleziaSoonieand 4 others.
  • assassin56assassin56
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    As someone who has hated old NA Evie's voice for 9 years now, a simple revert to default voices will not suffice for me. That being said, we should have at least a dual audio option complete with the full English and Korean combat grunts and voicelines for ALL characters. Everyone but Lann, Fiona, and Evie mains have had Korean voices already so this should not be difficult to implement.
    Banana500SoonieLightfellow
  • KaraKara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Voices are not made well, I guess I'm playing this game with the audio off until new better changes.
    KrustennMihairuLightfellowDenshoniWorldOrigin
  • SoonieSoonie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    I've been a long time veteran on Vindi and I've seen the ups and downs on this game over the years. I can completely understand that you want to make changes but you have to understand your community and what needs changes and what doesn't. As other have stated a simple voice option for English, Korean etc would be the best choice. Something so simple as a voice option should not be a difficult task to do if more then 90% of the community wants this option. I'm sure most players now are playing with the game completely on mute such as myself.
    KrustennBanana500LightfellowHPDTatsuouMihairuKatlynnDenshoniWorldOrigin
  • AmaetheAmaethe
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    holy sh... I hoped it was some kind of joke or part of stupid event, so we would get it back in few days/weeks. And now i see that its perma. Gimme back my cute Delia's voice +cry
    KatlynnLightfellowDancingStarDenshoniSkywalker00WorldOrigin
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited December 4, 2019
    PLEASE give back the old voices (at least the battle voices) or give us the option to switch between USA/KR.

The females especially (all of them) are painful to hear. Eira on top of that with that absurd grumpy af transgender heavy lifter voice and Arisha 40yo smoker old hag.
    Not to mention Miri that sounds like she's being raped everytime she swing, and lynn on perma period. The only good one is Belle.

Also how we're supposed to play or wear with cute stuff such young girls and hear such horrible old voices?
    Males voices honestly are way better and quite fitting (most of them) but i understand that some ppl doesn't feel their char with that voice so just give us the universal option to switch between voices...

Idk how who directed this thing allowed to push forward that crap.
    Please.
    Banana500TatsuouKawaRyoSkywalker00WorldOrigin