[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Change to guild crops - surely a mistake right?

FlameSama1FlameSama1
Vindictus Rep: 1,960
in General Discussion
As of the Belle update, when you harvest crops or plant crops, you need to use your personal inventory to store the replacement plants and you receive the 'fruits' of guild crops in your own personal inventory. Prior to this, you kept the replacement plants in guild storage and all crops you picked went into guild storage as well. Why was this changed? Kinda makes guild storage less useful because you won't have the crops there anymore to split evenly among guild members.

Devcat is in the habit of changing things solely for the sake of changing them-who exactly had a problem with the system the way it was before? This isn't even getting into moving a solid wall in front of one of the exits for literally no reason.
Pifi

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited October 29, 2019
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    As of the Belle update, when you harvest crops or plant crops, you need to use your personal inventory to store the replacement plants and you receive the 'fruits' of guild crops in your own personal inventory. Prior to this, you kept the replacement plants in guild storage and all crops you picked went into guild storage as well. Why was this changed? Kinda makes guild storage less useful because you won't have the crops there anymore to split evenly among guild members.

Devcat is in the habit of changing things solely for the sake of changing them-who exactly had a problem with the system the way it was before? This isn't even getting into moving a solid wall in front of one of the exits for literally no reason.

This change was already discussed a month or two ago, and implemented in KR sometime in May.

Tl;dr When you harvest, mats should still go to the guild storage, but the person that did the harvesting is granted some "fruit" as a reward for tending to the crops. This gives players more of an incentive to help their guilds b/c they're rewarded as well.
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    edited October 31, 2019
    No harvested mats go into guild storage - harvester gets some & some are mailed to a *random* guild member.

This change is terrible !!!
    Pifi
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    chicane wrote: »
    No harvested mats go into guild storage - harvester gets some & some are mailed to a *random* guild member.

This change is terrible !!!

Say what?
    Pifi
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    She's saying it doesn't work the way you said it's supposed to work.

You make it seem like harvesting works like normal, with items going to guild storage but you have a chance of getting extra drops from the plants. It actually just puts the harvested crops into your own inventory and gives 'reward crops' to other people seemingly randomly.

And if you have multiple characters you use, you either need to switch characters to replant crops or purchase crops and have them in your inventory on every character. Annoying as hell that they like to just change things that work. Getting a handful of 60k crops isn't gonna incentivize someone to be more into helping their guild.
    Pifi
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Well then my apologies for the misinformation then. Coulda swore that's how it was supposed to work.
    Pifi
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    This is poorly done, they should make it go to guild storage with 50% chance of duplicating it to the player's inventory, or something like that. Trees cost 80kk and it takes almost 2 months collecting the trees 3 times per day to get the money back, atleast with EU MP.
    Pifi
  • chicanechicane
    Ohhh, I got 3 Pepper of Bonding in my mailbox !
  • chicanechicane
    Come on Nexon - Change this back!
  • chicanechicane
    Just harvested, got peppers & an orb - all this for 8 Million a month! Make having a 5 star guild house free from rent if all you are offering in return for the price is this garbage. Yes, house is needed to do the guild battle for titles and possible steel and yes you can use the vending machine & daily fortune but the house is now rather useless!

*Buying crops to plant ending up with a couple thousand pepper harvests was bad enough!

Those who did not want to get involved in planting & harvesting should not be receiving the fruits of the harvest! Meanwhile the 'guild' which 'gained' from the harvests get nothing put back into guild storage... It is fine that many want nothing to do with the entire process - but now for them to receive payment for it in their mail is wrong !
    Pifi
  • PifiPifi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    edited November 10, 2019
    chicane wrote: »
    all this for 8 Million a month! !

Yea, the guild house seemed like a great idea at first. My guild is rather small (I'll get to why in a moment), and we worked our butts off to upgrade it and now pay our 8 mil per month on time every month. I'm guessing that whole thing is a cash sink that would be something to help the economy... if the game HAD an economy, lols. But it literally does nothing because the economy is being stabilized by the bots (that I won't go into for fear of being banned).

Now, why our guild is so small after 3 years of recruiting is because someone had the brilliant idea of making us work for all of the guild skills we used to get for FREE. I suspect at that this was because (or at least the excuse) for keeping people in the game, and in part to help players with end game because bigger guilds often have more higher geared players that can help. But this doesn't work for everyone because as we all know, many GM's are bad at being leaders at best. Now I'm not saying I'm a great leader, but I do know that I am far more caring and fair minded than most people in general and I have held leadership positions in real life jobs for many decades. But also, and this is important, not everyone likes being in a big guild. The more quiet and especially shy players will almost always get overlooked in a large guild, and this isn't even the fault of good or bad leadership, it's just math coupled with personalities.

I have been asking for them to give us back our free guild skills ever since because It has NOT increased the player base and has caused a lot of players to quit in fact. I would have been one of those players, but I am far too loyal to my guildies to ever do that. Although after more than half my guild left within just a month of them instituting this because they wanted all of the skills, leaving our guild in basically a shambles for awhile (and causing some of the remaining guildies to stop playing also), I stopped playing the game and would ONLY log in long enough to work my butt off to get enough GP to keep the guild from dying in the hopes we could rebuild (then I would go play Tera or GW2). I know many guilds that simply died because of this.

Yes, some of those players from other guilds ended up in our guild eventually, but that is only because almost all, if not all, of their guildies had already left the game or moved on to one of the larger guilds too. I remember playing many years ago when anyone with the gumption and tenacity to do so could make a guild and watch it grow and still put most of their time into playing the game, helping new members and raiding with friends and guildies... Those days are long gone.

In the last month I lost two of my strongest members who left with all their alts because their friends guild was dying and they had hardly any GP for skills too. And then by happenstance lost another guildie who like me had a ton of characters to work for GP (mt guess is that this becamse unbearably boring just like it did for me 2 years ago, and still is).

This caused me to stop raiding again, and barely have time to help even my own new members, let alone new players who are not a part of our guild. That is something I have actually always loved doing too, helping random new players. That is how you make a game grow, by being a welcoming place for the NEW player. Without that, any game dies because players will always leave and just to keep a player base stable, you need new player to replace the ones who left.

A week ago I fell very ill and am just now starting be able to breath normally, no ones fault, things happen, but in the meantime our stock of GP fell to almost nothing. That is where it still is today, and we only have half of our skills still because of the few guildies left (once again, so tired of going through this) and I doing our best to work for GP. But if anyone thinks coming to any game just to spend most of their play time (or in my case all of it again) JUST working for GP is fun, I have to put it bluntly and say they are insane.

But here is how to fix these things and bring more players back to the game. Make the game FUN to work on. I don't actually mind grindy games, and am by no means lazy, but this is sheer monotony and has lost almost all of its fun factor for me and anyone else going through this... and it's been like this for TWO YEARS now. Honestly, if I didn't care so much about my guild, I wouldn't be here anymore, and I adore this game too. But I hate what these things have done to it. So...

1) Give us back our guild skills for free like they were for many years without any problem.

2) Fix this issue with the crops.

3) Give us hotkey or easy access to the guild house.

4) Allow us to invite others to our house.

The guild house itself is awesome (though a few big trees in the yard would be a lovely touch) but No One uses the guild house because it's beyond inconvenient, and ONLY guild members can enter. Maybe this works for guilds that are large enough and like to shut out others and be exclusive, but for friendly helpful guilds like mine, it renders the house almost useless because we have to abandon our friends just because they happen to be in another guild. At least allow us to invite people over. I like guests in real life, I enjoy the company of people I meet and I feel no desire to be so exclusive and make others feel unwanted. That is why the only time I go to our guild house is to water and replace crops. And that's a shame because it's quite beautiful and could be so fun. We could throw parties too.

I hope these things will be seriously considered for the welfare of everyone here. For new and veteran players, for the workers at nexon and even the big boss. These things will only increase happiness, fun (<- it is a game afterall, should be fun right?) and the prosperity of the company, monetarily, and good public opinion. I would think these things matter in huge way to any game business, and to be frank, nexon has a pretty bad reputation. But I'm not taking a jab, nexon has done some great things too, and I don't over look those things and am grateful, I just want everyone to succeed and for the game and the company to grow and be prosperous. If nexon is making money, then things can be better taken care of for the players as well.

Sorry for the wall of text, but these things are that important to all of us, whether we want to see it or not. Thanks for reading...

I wish you ALL peace and prosperity. ^-^

chicane
  • PifiPifi
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Well then my apologies for the misinformation then. Coulda swore that's how it was supposed to work.

Apologies when we see an error we made are a sign of strength. I commend you and anyone else who follows this example you set. ^-^
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    @Pifi Free skills are not going to happen, Nexon wants small guilds to move to big guilds, that was the purpose of GP skills.
  • PifiPifi
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    @Pifi Free skills are not going to happen, Nexon wants small guilds to move to big guilds, that was the purpose of GP skills.

I knew that the day it happened. That still doesn't mean it was a horrible decision and *has only led to more players leaving* as I said. Most of my entire post was an attempt to make that very clear. Perhaps a fruitless attempt, but after seeing how they did the right thing with the bans this time, perhaps not so fruitless. We shall see.