[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game feels dead :(

Comments

• XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited July 4, 2019
    I came back a month or two ago because I was bored to death with another game that was having a 6 month content drought. After playing Vindi for a while, it was fun but got turned off by the amount of gold that I need to grind on top of all the enhancing needed todo decent dps. So eventually I started getting too lazy to log in, plus a new game that I've been waiting for released 2 days ago. So, now guess I'm on another Vindi break
    cheappariyaIcygoddessLoyalCasher
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Why is everything so expensive:
    1 drop rates terrible.
    2 lack of players.
    3 limited amount of runs for the latest content stuff.

Astera gears hard to create no support bosses and dungeons only drops from raids.
    Raids are faked up and actualy no fun to do them.

to achieve the necessary equipment for efficient playing demands too much time/luck/money.
    Game is dead.
    DaimussadrazamDancingStarIcygoddessFlameSama1SwornKnight
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Huhh? If you find them no fun, why do you even want to get on those boats? Or better yet, why do you even play the game?
    The game is all about grind and raids, and you find them no fun, yet you want ten rare drops per day just to play more raids you don't even like doing? Interesting.

It does demand a lot of time and/or money. Yes. It's an MMORPG. Again, all MMORPGs are the same in this regard, so it's not a Vindi-exclusive issue, it's how the game genre is built up. If people leave because of this, they have issue with the game genre itself, not with Vindi, and they will most probably leave every other MMOs they will try in the future too for the same reason.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited July 5, 2019
    Sixth wrote: »
    Huhh? If you find them no fun, why do you even want to get on those boats? Or better yet, why do you even play the game?
    The game is all about grind and raids, and you find them no fun, yet you want ten rare drops per day just to play more raids you don't even like doing? Interesting.

It does demand a lot of time and/or money. Yes. It's an MMORPG. Again, all MMORPGs are the same in this regard, so it's not a Vindi-exclusive issue, it's how the game genre is built up. If people leave because of this, they have issue with the game genre itself, not with Vindi, and they will most probably leave every other MMOs they will try in the future too for the same reason.

While is true that the amount of rare drops depend on the amount of raids run by the players you should consider that with such low playerbase the drop rates should be tweaked according to the average amount of players online within 1 month or 2 or such. Those values can't stay absolute but rather being relative cause we don't have the same pool of ppl that play in Korea or Taiwan/China where they're A LOT more.

Atm the drop rate for raids is quite shitty, a lot of ppl complain about it even veterans, demotivating a lot of ppl do to them and those who really love the game are pushed to farm OS which is the only 'realiable' source of incomes.

The sentence 'is a MMO and it demand a lot of time or money' doesn't stand a chance... at least with 'this' MMO that unfortunately has not much to offer cause the activities in game turns all around spamming the same shitty s3 raids everyday or farming OS. Stop. Nothing else to do.
    A game should be enjoyable and should payback for your efforts and time you spend while atm some ppl spend 1 week while others can spend a month to find something. This is just unabalanced and unfair other than being heavily demotivating for new and old players.
    Also you should play regularly a game for a few hours not be pushed to play 8 12 or more hours cause the game give you nothing in return.
    At that point is not a game anymore is a job and a source of stress.

Someone suggested (very wise idea) the they should invent some 'shard system' where even when you don't drop anything you will be still able to stack up enough shards relative to one specific rare so you can buy it some point after X runs. Work -> payoff and not Work -> rng maybe who knows when.

If you put this togheter with the fact this game is istance based hence no open world you're playing in a box where you're allowed/forced to do only a short range of activities to progress or even in order to buy the stuff you like, those make you stick with the game (yes also outfits etc. Not everybody play only for stats and improve their e-pen, everybody have their different goals and tastes).

So i agree with the others when they say the drop rate (talking for EU server) should be checked out and this game in general need a larger range of activites where ppl can invest their time and find some fun, not just those freaking 10 raids spam.

Just to mention a couple, they could improve and enlarge the fishing activity giving to it more meaning and making it useful for the pve, with special items crafting, foods etc (not those cheap crap we have atm but serious stuff that help in battle and that could create new ludicrous markets).
    Same could be said for the farming activity (plants etc) or the alchemy etc whatever come in their mind, and if they aren't such creative they can still copy
    from others.

They felt the need to reply to BDO Shai with Bel but they don't spend a sec to thinking about copying the real useful and entertain stuffs from other games like could be life skills that could give the player a wider range of choice in what to do or earnings when they log in.

And as last i say, the phenom of the goldbuyers is spreading A LOT lately and Nexon is doing absolutely nothing about it.
    This is affecting heavily the market making everything absurdely overpriced because there's always someone who buy gold and pay those prices,
    600m (in EU) for an outfit, 200m for a pet, 50m for a scroll? Are you freaking kidding me? Might be 'normal' for NA but never been for EU server.
    The game give always the same amount of gold, while the prices goes skyrocket due to the fact there's always someone who's ready to pay those absurd prices cause they buy gold.

So who is lucky and drop smt whatever if from raid or gacha keep the prices high sure to sell their stuff, while the unlucky players, the free players, and whoever struggle farming everyday see their efforts vanished cause they have to increase the amount of work/frustration in order to follow this sick economy we have atm...
    And i didn't mention the new players that ofc with such prices around for anything they rather quit and uninstall and is understandable.
    SwornKnightLoyalCasher
  • SixthSixth
    edited July 6, 2019
    Someone suggested (very wise idea) the they should invent some 'shard system' where even when you don't drop anything you will be still able to stack up enough shards relative to one specific rare so you can buy it some point after X runs. Work -> payoff and not Work -> rng maybe who knows when.
    I agree, that's a good idea, many MMOs use this system already.
    But isn't this the bravery seal shop here though? They should just put in all gear materials there and it would be good for everyone. But for some reason they always refuse to add in the highest tier equipment there.
    Or make new seals for every equipment level starting from 90, and let people spend the same level seals for the same level equipment (because it would be quite cheap to play lvl 90 raids and get lvl 100 equipment out of it, for example).

I highly doubt that they will change the drop rates in every few months to account for the playerbase, but that suggestion is good as well, would be awesome.

Who the fruit spends 600kk on an outfit on EU? Or even on NA. O_O
    Ohh, it's only one set on market for 600kk, and that's that slutty new set. No idea why people would get that, but tastes, right?
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited July 5, 2019
    I'm guessing Nexon doesn't put in the highest tier gear in the seal shop because they believe then it would be too easy to quickly max gear up and then players will have nothing to do and that will just create a different problem and complaints that are just on the opposite end of the spectrum. So their belief is contradicting many of the vocal forumers here who don't seem to believe that dully gear is enough for the highest raids, idk if that's true or not but I also have the feeling that "not enough for the highest raids" might = have to have the absolute best easily otherwise it's p2w. But again idk and I haven't tried dully gear in the highest level raids.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    with +15 dully set/weapon you are good enough to do any raid now. All matters that you must have a +15. Speed + add dmg is all you need.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960

That's the weakest excuse ever. There's very Vindy specific problems and things they've changed over the years that have actively made the game worse-that's a Nexon/Devcat problem, not an MMO problem.
    SwornKnight
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    FlameSama1 wrote: »

That's the weakest excuse ever. There's very Vindy specific problems and things they've changed over the years that have actively made the game worse-that's a Nexon/Devcat problem, not an MMO problem.

like what is in vindi exclusively that isn't a problem in other mmo lites? you counter his argument without any proof or ideas of your own. Anyone can make grandiose claims.
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    idk
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    edited July 7, 2019
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    like what is in vindi exclusively that isn't a problem in other mmo lites? you counter his argument without any proof or ideas of your own. Anyone can make grandiose claims.

Forgive me if I didn't feel the need to explain why the game has sucked for a few years when there's frequent threads on this forum all the time complaining about it.

My own personal anecdote is that I usually had scrolled +10 armor and a scrolled +10/11 weapon and came in anywhere from 1st to 8th in eight man raids, depending on my own effort and skill. Now I have +11 armor and a +12 weapon and I'm constantly getting 4th out of 4 where some whales get consistent 50-75% damage with their full +15 weapons and armor. I don't know other MMOs specifically too well but the powercreep in this game in particular has to be some kind of special ridiculousness.

Also specific to Vindy was their entire rebalancing of the games content and outright REMOVAL of several aspects of the easier grind. No Season of Macha titles, no more interesting Hero runs with standard enemy attacks giving you debuffs, no Lab, etc. At the same time they made everything short of season 3 incredibly trivial wastes of time where you can one shot a lot of bosses and only a handful of attacks kill season 2 bosses.

The Rise update started the hard downfall of this game, and the content they do add is frustrating, poorly designed, and often downright recycled. Like the "Special raids", where they just take an old boss or two and increase their health without changing anything about them or even creating a title for beating them five times. That should have been the point this community just gave up on the game because clearly the devs have. No, please, give me more bosses with that one fire AOE attack that they've recycled for like five raids now, and make sure you add in more unskippable BS cutscenes mid-battle just to drag out the playtime.

You can't possibly be bringing in that many new players when everything below level 90 is pointless and trivial and everything above 95 is designed to pander to whales who've spend thousands on Nexon Funbucks to give their digital waifus the best bra and panties and the best gear that ensures they get 75% of the damage in raids and 90% of the drops because the reward system is designed in their favor.

You can look at almost any aspect of this game and wonder "WOW, why do people still play this cash-in garbage?" The quick battle system that for some reason doesn't allow you to just invite guildmates or friends so you have to hope they can join on you quickly enough to get in? The janky RAR lobby system that will outright fail to let you join the lobby too early half the time. The fact that the game's UI inexplicably bugs out frequently, to the point where you have to relog? The good ol crash to desktop for old time's sake once in a while?

If chicane (another forum poster here) quit this game tomorrow, I'd literally sprint to my computer to uninstall. I've been playing since 2011 and for some reason even after getting my account info stolen (something I never forgave Nexon for) and having to start over basically, I've kept playing. I've stuck around through all the events because I play with her but every content update and every patch I'm getting less and less interested in playing. As I blow ~60 million gold each shot trying to enhance my weapon up to 15, one of these days I'm just gonna say **** it and quit regardless because it isn't fun.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited July 7, 2019
    So how would you "fix things" or what would you even want that's different, what could they even do that's different or would suit your tastes? A lot of what you said sounded to me what a lot of people say when they complain and it amounts to a lot of "me me me me me whine whine whine whine" without considering what others want or think or even the consequences of potential "fixes". Lines especially like "WOW, why do people still play this cash-in garbage?" say that to me. I'm not trying to insult your or anything like that but I'm just asking a question to see if we can go further than the usual internet bull.... yeah that stuff.
  • SixthSixth
    I specifically talked about the time/money aspects there, which is NOT a Vindi-exclusive issue, no matter how you fail to see that.
    When will you calm down, read properly, and start arguing with facts and logic instead of emotional burst-outs?
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    I specifically talked about the time/money aspects there, which is NOT a Vindi-exclusive issue, no matter how you fail to see that.
    When will you calm down, read properly, and start arguing with facts and logic instead of emotional burst-outs?

The game caters to the people who spend real money on the game to a high degree, I believe I've said that in literally every post I've made. Other games have micros, this one takes the cake of any game I've played.

And before you go "but what about X game?", this isn't a contest. It's probably not *literally* the greediest game out there, but it's incredibly greedy and shameless about it as well. Adding additional damage and attack cap raises to make it so your options are either A. spending real money or B. grinding ridiculously hard.

MMOs come with grind, okay fine, but this game is especially grindy and for contrived reasons.
    Icygoddess
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    The achieve the necessary add dmg you must spend real money or grind endesly.
    There is a limit how many seals you can get in a day, so migth be needed to buy runes for real money as well, depends on your luck.

Loot boxes will be banned soon in the western world, since they are gambling, what is a great thing, but I am afraid that will be the end of Vindi and many Nexon modell games. People will pump way less money into it.
    FlameSama1
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    "So how would you "fix things" or what would you even want that's different" - first and most importantly, the additional damage aspect for armor - + 15 on armor should be for additional def not dmg. What damage does armor do? Ridiculous to see an add dmg of several thousand on a player with low 30's att/m att! That makes no sense! The weapon getting it I can see. The amount of steel to reforge is crazy! 60 to go from 14 to 15 - but you get a *bonus rate* every time you fail... There used to be a middle ground of play in the game. Now it is all one hit kill bosses or really difficult raid bosses. It is sad that they put a lot more thought into which new outfit or returning old one should be next instead of let's add some new creative content. Taking old bosses & combining them or spin-offs of older boss is much less effort! Come on Nexon, if you read this - 'hit bottom' with my earlier suggestion - you know you want to - bring out the pet accessories!!! Players need diamond collars & leashes!!! My wolf needs some camo pants - my dog wants a hoodie with cute ears on it - my gremlin needs an earring - my Chieftain really needs a gold chain to swing along with his hammer...
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    edited July 8, 2019
    People missunderstand one thing.
    with the new requirement to get 7% dmg in the world where a game is usualy played by only elitists is a huge demand.

I know everyone is a guild and has 7million freinds to play with, but in a real world most of the players pug.

A usual pug party looks like: 1 player with elite gear. 1 player with near elite gear. These 2 deal with 80+ percent of the boss hp or more.

The remaining hp of the boss is up to the 2 casual players sounds fair still, but it is not. If you die and you will due to the broken boss mechanics, no one will res you, so you will get notghing from the run. This is how to say utterly disapointing. After a day or 2 like this players will turn back on this game.

You need to spend money to get VVIP and graces. You need to spend money to get runes, and yes at the end just to stay on the level of playgin you need to spend money to get your gears. (money is time, if you dont have enough time you have to buy it.). In the previous season of this game you only needed to spend money if you wanted to be a real elitist, but now you need to stay on the surfaes, what requires a +13 set and weapon as minimum, with a full set of +18-20 jewlery.

I dont say it is bad that there are players who can run 3-4 characters, grind RAR and OS daily for hours, but with life, work, and general getting olders stuff stops me to go on.

Playerbase: abysmal IMO. In my guild (i have no idea if im still in or kicked out due to inactivity) many of the ative players have 3+ alternates and usualy the only difference is wich alt they log in. Actualy the same less then 10 players are always in. But still LoveClub is a lovely guild with great guys and girls i can only recomend you to join.

In addition to the am. The game is old. nearly a decade old. Nothing much to do in it. Probably it is at the end of its natural life cycle. The people who started to play it in 2011 are old now...im almost 39 to be honest, with new challanges in life. With the current mechanics and state is it appealing to new commers...i am not sure. Graphics are heavily outdated, and runs pretty bad due to the previously mentioned programming errors. Models are pretty bad, hands and feet look terrible for example, and we are speaking about a game what is focusing on looks a lot.
    So shortly to say...the game is not dead yet, but at the falling down state.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited July 8, 2019
    ^ idk what you want. everything handed to you on a silver platter? The freebie +13 dullahan not good enough for you or the free +15 belt and earring that allows you to join claire raid right away. you talk like every person with good gear must have p2w gachaed it or played for 24hrs per day when in actuality they could have budgeted their gold and just spent 1-3 hrs per day doing raids or os.

I pug all my runs and do not discriminate with who joins. While some bosses can have some tricky moves to get a handle on I don't believe anything is outright broken in that it's not possible to dodge. (red attacks meant for phase transitions like agares and dullahan don't count players are not supposed to be tanking those)

The problem i find for rezing people is not that no one rezes. you people just expect to be rezed immediately when you die. I can't rez when a boss is hugging your body cuz its 4 man and losing aggro is not as easy. By the time an opportunity arises they've already used a grace cuz they couldn't wait.

The playerbase being abysmal in your opinion shows me you don't talk to anyone in game beyond your circle. While most of the playerbase is really lazy I wouldn't call them toxic and at least s2 attack boat aren't a thing anymore (qb requirements are overblown my alt eira gets into the current end game lugh raid with a +13 dullahan gun and +12 dullahan armor I don't do enough damage but i can get in)

The person above you made the grave mistake of going for astera gear. Astera armor is an easy beginners trap with stupid high steel and ess costs. with the reduced steel costs and cost of essences dullahan armor and weapon is what all new players and f2p should be going for. Dullahan gear is plenty viable and can easily cap current content.
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    Person above you - me? I fell for no 'beginner's trap' - I have been playing this game since beta! Free +13 Dullahan? Only if you started and ranked up a Eira. Free belt & earring? Does a lot of good coming too late for most who already ground out their own on characters. (like the hey everyone have some free +12 gear but sorry, nothing for you if you are already level 100s with any gear under 12 nothing gets replaced) <--- there was my 'gold budgeting' = trying to keep up with those who, idk, just are financial wizards with their gold!? (by keep up I mean steadily improving my gear because I have no desire to be carried I want to contribute) Silver platter? More like a decade of work to play this game I love while getting my platter **** on numerous times with the failure rate for enhancing/enchanting ! 'Discriminate who joins' ? Well that has morphed through the years - was oh too low att sorry =kicked, then it became hey join me I get extra drops because I do more damage / now I just saw the newest (hopefully not a trend) hey join me I bet I get more damage than you but I am kicking everyone out who I think will get more than me - so we will sit here on the dock until I get the players I desire and it turns out not to be very good but served its purpose drop wise. Yes, viable is nice but goddamn, game has been made into pay up or you are carried! 'budget' your gold to rank the weapon and see that , wait a minute, better have that armor all the way up too because additional damage for armor is a gift to those who spend. Like I said in another thread, player with low 30's att/m att but several thousand of additional damage makes no sense. Take out the additional damage aspect except the weapon where it does make sense!
    ***being July, let's have a retro bring back the tokens event and watch the fireworks! $$$ buying those to be able to play additional boats haha - that era was probably this game's first mistake. <-- nostalgia from a silver platter holding beginner
  • AslaiAslai
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    chicane wrote: »
    hey join me I bet I get more damage than you but I am kicking everyone out who I think will get more than me - so we will sit here on the dock until I get the players I desire and it turns out not to be very good but served its purpose drop wise

I've never experienced that behavior. Literally never, not even once as a fluke, and I play on both extremes of the power spectrum.