[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game feels dead :(

Comments

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited June 29, 2019
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    @abaddan on the part where you said not having the qb stats wouldn't make you useless that's not entirely true. Yes, you will do some damage but it may take you up to 20mins to do 10% if your attack is lower than the bosses defense. I have no idea why you're fighting me on this if you wanna raid with lower stats do it on the board going into qb with lower stats defeats the purpose of making it a quick battle. I'm not trying to shame anyone i'm only laying down the facts.

(ps. spear lann is in good spot. swords has always been the underpowered lann class in s3)

That p.s. basically shows you don't know much about character balance in general, especially if you're calling swords underpowered vs spears in end game. None of the older chars are really in a "good spot" if you're comparing to the later added heros. If you don't remove QB limitations than you need to add the benefits of the QB system to all the raids even if it's created from the board or not. It's not fair to people that can't run QB who need the drops more than the people that can. You're right idk why you're arguing, it's a dumb system and needs tossed. Let's give the people who have more the ability to get even more while making the drops for people who can't even run the QB already not be able to get the benefit. It's not called QB because it's supposed to be fast completion time, like board runs are slower completion time somehow? It refers to the party system. The system isn't the problem, the limitations and making a buff specific to how you launch the same exact raid is dumb, plain and simple. It really is only CF that makes it so ppl don't deal dmg in new raids. You get good enough gear to run it, just not enough to run QB or deal DMG because the lack of CF. IMO I'd just remove CF all together, it's simply just not needed for any reason and I'd make the extra core drop and crap from QB available on all dungeons regardless of how you want to launch the boat. Especially when you consider you can just hit G and launch any raid from anywhere, why have it only be QB.
    LoyalCasher
  • KursKurs
    edited June 29, 2019
    @Rivers_ well I read the OP's paragraph on steam, and here's what I think. First I did read the story, so I'll try to answer some of the plot holes they're stating based off what I read.

First part where they state that it's never stated why the Crimson Blades are staying in Colhen despite being mercenaries and should be roaming around looking for jobs, from what I read and remember. They're there because the Royal Army is paying them to be there and protect Colhen from what I read and understand.

Gwynn and Marrec arguing seemed fine to me, jurisdictions, prejudices, Marrec sad they didn't make the cut etc. etc. Even Aodhan letting Gwynn boss them around seemed fine to me so I don't know what issues the OP there had.

The issue of the town not having a leader may be something the storytellers overlooked or it may have been a actual creative choice. The OP is judging the town by modern or common standards. However, that doesn't mean that it's not impossible to not have a elected leader under the right circumstances. This is a world where humankind is on the losing end of a war, given the differences between our world and theirs people may react differently. It's possible that the people of Colhen felt they didn't need an elected leader and could work together without one. Also it seems like many of its citizens are mercenaries or travelers stuck there due to circumstances such as Shayla.

If you want I can go through what I read and answer the OP's questions for every plothole in more detail but I think if I do it here the post will be pretty long. So I have no idea what you and the OP read or if you're just trying to win an argument by saying "I read it" but if you want I'll tell you what I read. Maybe I can tell you what I think of most if not all the OP's "plothole" issues. Because from what I read and understood they were answered or just fine
  • KursKurs
    edited June 29, 2019
    @Prototypemind

yeah I think I get what you're saying and that's fine, a part of me see's that and if that's all there is to it then shame shame Nexon shame shame but a part of me also thinks this type of thing may have happened too, just replace jetpacks with optimization

• SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Abaddan wrote: »
    It's not fair to people that can't run QB who need the drops more than the people that can.
    Let's give the people who have more the ability to get even more while making the drops for people who can't even run the QB already not be able to get the benefit.
    Because everyone who meet QB requirements magically got their gear from a big blue flash of light. Ohh, wait...

I agree, that extra +1 drop IF the party is full should be given for all parties, QB or not.
    But I completely disagree with your reasoning for it.

On the other hand, it's not like that +1 drop could suddenly make anyone a multi-billionaire in Vindi, so I'm not sure why are you so focused on this.
    I don't even care about it anymore, I just want fast runs without having to wait 10 minutes to fill the boat every single time (yeah, night-owl problems :P).

CF was indeed unnecessary. But it is not as hard to get as you guys make it look like. Just get the 2 rings, make them +15, already 100 CF. Pop a kitty pot, 130 CF, enough to join all raids and do sufficient damage. If you don't have kitty pot, just enhance 1-2 levels more on them, and you should have enough damage output. Enhancing them doesn't require any rare drops, and you can farm all the materials you need for them with ease. The gold cost also isn't too high until around +17/18, so just hit that enhance button until you have enough CF.

----

I saw that post about the details of what is done wrong in the game regarding the performance.
    Who cares how they got the info? They probably have the knowledge to do it, allowed or not, but that wasn't the point.
    Point is, people already showed them a lot of issues and how they could be fixed with great details on the subject, yet nothing has changed.
    And then we got the Donegal battles, second worst running section of the game. I bet we all know which one takes the trophy here (hint: Aes).
    If the game is badly coded, it is badly coded, regardless if you use a potato PC or a NASA PC, and bad code must be vanquished.
  • Rivers_Rivers_
    Vindictus Rep: 250
    Dont really care what you think of the story but I can confortably tell you this story is wack, passive mc who doesn't question anything. Hears a voice to tell him to go to x place, and just goes... the fact the devs couldnt be bothered to make something coherent and went with "they just forgot" shows how wack this games story is. S1 was decent, the rest, straight wack.

We're talking about only the story, which is a small portion of the entire game.
    Wanna talk about how the devs failed to do proper hitboxes for braha?

This game has so many flaws, even BnS pulls ahead while using a **** engine, spaghetti coding and open areas that cant support more than 8 players. But they managed to do what these devs couldn't, proper mechanics that make sense. not random unblockable **** and attacks that never reach you but you get hit anyway.

I am not really going to discuss this any further, I have been replying to nexon shills for the past 2 days pretending the game is ok with 400 players for both regions. During these past 2 weeks, I have been playing with the same people on a daily basis, and I have played at different times.

Games dead af but still profitable because people keep on buying the gachas, simple as that.
    SwornKnightFlameSama1chicane
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    edited June 29, 2019
    Sixth wrote: »
    Abaddan wrote: »
    It's not fair to people that can't run QB who need the drops more than the people that can.
    Let's give the people who have more the ability to get even more while making the drops for people who can't even run the QB already not be able to get the benefit.
    Because everyone who meet QB requirements magically got their gear from a big blue flash of light. Ohh, wait...

I agree, that extra +1 drop IF the party is full should be given for all parties, QB or not.
    But I completely disagree with your reasoning for it.

On the other hand, it's not like that +1 drop could suddenly make anyone a multi-billionaire in Vindi, so I'm not sure why are you so focused on this.
    I don't even care about it anymore, I just want fast runs without having to wait 10 minutes to fill the boat every single time (yeah, night-owl problems :P).

CF was indeed unnecessary. But it is not as hard to get as you guys make it look like. Just get the 2 rings, make them +15, already 100 CF. Pop a kitty pot, 130 CF, enough to join all raids and do sufficient damage. If you don't have kitty pot, just enhance 1-2 levels more on them, and you should have enough damage output. Enhancing them doesn't require any rare drops, and you can farm all the materials you need for them with ease. The gold cost also isn't too high until around +17/18, so just hit that enhance button until you have enough CF.

That's not the point, the point is you're handicapping new players because they can't find boats and the QB boats they can't even join. The buff is just an additional handicap since they will be getting less drops. Duh. You want fast runs,but the new players just want to find a boat to even run it to begin with, and they can't or struggle to and is why they don't stick around. Trying to say the one additional core doesn't make a big difference but if you run 30 runs that's 30 additional chances at a drop players who can't run the raid on QB need and miss out on just because they can't run it. My reasoning for wanting it changed is because it makes the game even more unwelcoming to new players. They struggle to fill boats and when they do struggle to pass them and then they don't even get the extra chance at a drop when they do pass them. How else are you supposed to get money on the game if you can't get drops or run the raids? Not everyone can or wants to spend thousands on gacha boxes. Hard to "just enhance bro" if you don't have the money to do it and far fewer chances to get drops for money vs people that already have the gear and money. CF isn't a hard thing if you're already wealthy duh, but that's not cheap even before +17 or +18. Pair that with not being able to run the QB until you get the CF to run it unless you run from the board, so you now do no DMG because CF and struggle to find parties because everyone that can, runs QB. So you struggle to get drops for money to even get more CF to join QB and contribute for dmg. There's no argument that makes QB limitations or CF a good idea. Unless the argument is running away new players as soon as they hit end game raids. 10 minute wait time is nothing compared to new players that can't join QB. Can't tell you how many times I've joined a boat just to duo the run just to get them through the run and have them tell me they've literally been sitting in the boat for over an hour. You're not going to keep players returning or new if that is the situation.
    IcygoddessLoyalCasher
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    no u
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    edited June 29, 2019
    @Abaddan
    Making a dulla ring is almost completely free (minus the orbs and ores, but gather those). Use seal shop.
    Making an aes ring only requires an aes essence as an extra compared to the dulla ring, the rest is again... free. Use seal shop.
    Enhancing the rings to +15 takes around 15kk on average RNG (at least that was my average so far from doing it on 7 accessories), so lets say 30kk for both, plus the easily farm-able materials.
    30kk... Just by farming the required materials for enhancing the rings, you will drop a few chunks, sell them, get the gold. There are always some chunk farm parties unless you play during dead hours.
    30kk... Just by farming seals you will most probably get some scrolls even from lvl 90/95 raids (and everyone can enter those even on QB).
    30kk...
    Ohh, and by the time you get all the materials for enhancing and all the seals for making the rings, you will have way more than that to buy that aes essence too.

Once you did these, no more "can't get on QB boats" excuse anymore, so you can get that extra incinerate material. +yay

If this really sounds so hard and time consuming to you, than I really have no idea what you want. You probably missed the game genre you play if this really sounds hard for you (and for the others complaining about this).

If I would be a new player and would get on the forums and find all this bull about how "impossible" it is to get literally anything in the game... Now THAT would probably make me not want to play it.
    No one "needs to buy hundreds of gacha boxes" to make gold for the things you stated. The only real luxury items are those gacha outfits and the edgy wings and other fashion craps, but those are not needed for anything other than bragging rights. The rest is achievable by just playing the game how it was meant to be played - just like any other grind-fest MMORPG.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Why do peaple leave:
    * Story is too boring
    * S1 is too easy
    * S3 is too difficult
    * They get free +12 lvl 90 equip but then when they want to make better lvl 90/95/100 equip it breaks +8 +9 +10
    * They wait for someone to join they non-QB boat, they use mega and after 20 mins boat still isn't full (this repeats more times a week and then they finally quit)
    * They waste all of the gold for counterforce and after 5-10 runs of not dropping anything they realize it was waste of gold
    * They want to spend money because they saw amazing outfit but they can't find it in depot so they try gacha but get merc pots and color ampules instead
    * First 2 weeks they get good drops almost everyday but after that there is no valuable loot for 3 days
    * They join Aes and see that FPS sometimes falls to 20
    * They receive free items from nexon but after opening them nexon banns them and delete their equipment
    * They write simple support ticket but there is no reply for a long time or if reply came they can't help you
    * They join OS because they saw tutorial but other party members flame/insult them
    * They notice that all other players are getting more drops because of VIP/VVIP, luck stones, pets, damage done to boss but they don't even have enough AP for 2 days VIP
    * They can't get enough % for drops
    * They want to join any raid but there is nothing on the board

But they don't leave because someone said "Vindictus is dead"...

SwornKnightPrototypemindDaimusLoLoBootyIcygoddessFlameSama1WilkochicaneXieDancingStarand 2 others.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Everyone says the game is dead. It is not. Actualy just faked up.
    There are unnecessary things in it. Like CF, AD and attack limit.
    In S1 these **** did not exist and game was way more accessable for everyone. +13 weapon was a dream and no one ever cared for an armore over +10.

Now you are forced to have at leaset 3500 AD to creat some accaptable DPS, and if you are in an ulucky boat where a really strong player like Salamndry join you are happy to have your 7%. Actuly she will deal 50+ on the boss alone and if there is one more wiht better equipment then you the 85% pf tje boss jő gpme amd tjere are 2 players to get the remaining 15%. So 7% is not that easy to reach.

Rebalancing old characters. There are still some high lights like Fifi and Karok, but (St)Evie has abysmal dps imo. At least i really strugle to get something. (better to say used to stuggle since i did not play in the past 3 weeks a second, due to the really fun changes).

Everyone say fine do other raids where you can have enough dmg to get your shite...yeah ture. But who the fak wants to do Regina, super boring Glass or faked up Braha anymore when we have a much more fun raid called Agares. Actuayl the lvl 95s are pretty bad raids, maybe Dullah is fun when ppl doesnt force the glitched endplay with him, as a staff evie you are not able to do much dps in that phase.

I understand that they want to keep people with more time and better gear accupied, to be able stronger, and I am sure those people who has the top gears on multiple characeters are the real customers of nexon, but this make the game not really accessable for people whit casual stuff and limited playtime.

Just one question for u guys. Who runs multiple characters how the fak you have time for that? I get up go to work for 8 hrs a day sometimes 9 or 10. Come home eat somthing and maybe can sit down and play 2 hrs at max. Its hardly enough for a 90s raid train and did not do NIF RAR or redeemers. A redeemers run is around 30 min so if you do that no time for other raids.

Anyway. This new update was the dealbreaker for me with Vindi, too much inverstment is needed (money, time or both) to go on.

Daimus
  • JunkoJunko
    Vindictus Rep: 515
    sadrazam wrote: »
    Junko wrote: »
    I feel like the game in-game is very active. But outside of the game all I ever see and all I ever hear is stuff like OP.

Stopped reading after this hilarious line. I wish the writers of Seinfeld would have discovered you years ago. The show might be funny with your writing.

I don't know about you. But when I make a party I instantly get 3 people and start my raid in 1 minute or less after creating it, every single time I create a party for raid. if that's not an active game then what IS an active game? Do you need to see 1 million players in town or something?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited June 30, 2019
    There is no doubt that all but Agares + rar have been much slower filling of late. Especially nilf runs. I like to wait to help carry folks through, but often I will sit ~2x longer than it would take me to run them solo. (And on alts even runs like Obom can be very hit or miss filling.) Heck Friday was likely the most dead I ever saw NA. Hopefully Lugh 2.0 will help, but the current events don't seem to be doing much to keep folks playing.

That said I still will manage to have boats fill instantly. But when they don't, they can take what feels like forever.

And yeah I really feel sorry about the stupid 7% req now. Often I just have to not dps for 2-3 bars to try to let those without 5k+ add dmg get their dps. (And sadly there are other OP folks that feel they still need to go all out when the boat is obviously not even for dps.)

DaimusSwornKnight
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    All matters now is AD and ATT speed.
    For this you need +15 weapon and +15 gears.

IMO they really should remove ADD stat, or make it less important.

This is all my suggestion for the game as an effort of rebalancing.
    Xie
  • SwornKnightSwornKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    I might've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone post anything about net issues. I like that we get to play with people from overseas but the connection is so bad sometimes. It kills the gameplay for me. If they could somehow improve on the net issues, it would be golden for me. :)
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    the game is p2p they cant do too much about it
  • KursKurs
    I might've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone post anything about net issues. I like that we get to play with people from overseas but the connection is so bad sometimes. It kills the gameplay for me. If they could somehow improve on the net issues, it would be golden for me. :)

I don't think there's much you can do about it. The farther away you are from the person the longer data will take to get there, hence lag. A good ISP may be able to make the lag better between you and people within your ISP by controlling the route data takes, but outside of it they have lesser control from my understanding.
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    It's summer time.. People are generally outside doing things. The game usually picks back up in the fall and is most active in the winter months.
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited July 1, 2019
    ikevi wrote: »
    There is no doubt that all but Agares + rar have been much slower filling of late. Especially nilf runs. I like to wait to help carry folks through, but often I will sit ~2x longer than it would take me to run them solo. (And on alts even runs like Obom can be very hit or miss filling.) Heck Friday was likely the most dead I ever saw NA. Hopefully Lugh 2.0 will help, but the current events don't seem to be doing much to keep folks playing.

That said I still will manage to have boats fill instantly. But when they don't, they can take what feels like forever.

Usual situation on EU is that you will wait for people an indefinite amount of time for almost all battles. Actually, sometimes you can't even make daily chunk battles because nobody comes and your secondary chars are not even close enough to run it solo. Same for raids - the only time when you can find people for them is late evening around 10-12 p.m. (not including NF or Reds, for them you will need to waste tons of megas before you will find peoples).
    A time after work when I'm doze off and dreaming about a pillow but not about raids in company of nerds or lobsters...

So, game mostly dead for EU server, and NA lives for a cheating bots and ubernerds/uberwhales.
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    edited July 2, 2019
    Here's the EU thread about unoptimized maps (web archive link): https://web.archive.org/web/20160803030608/https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1497697-Vindictus-Source-Engine-and-Map-optimization

And the imgur links from it:
    https://imgur.com/fUiHAre
    https://imgur.com/MYzok5O
    https://imgur.com/XQGdCph
    https://imgur.com/LLyKV5p
    https://imgur.com/0LoWIhk
    https://imgur.com/FzpgG9b
    https://imgur.com/SVgve3m
    https://imgur.com/SD9yIK2
    So I was looking through the map files of vindictus in hammer and could help but notice some of the odd techniques used in the maps, that can result in bad fps, huge file size, and overall ugliness. Here are some of the things I've found

Absurd amount of areaportals here. Source should divide these areas automatically, and if not, it's nothing a couple of hints can't solve. No need to use a large amount of rather expensive areaportals.
    fUiHAre.png

What are these point lights for? The most I can guess is that they're used for tinting the ambient cubes. Because at 30 brightness they aren't lighting the level. Still, extra runtime cost for something rather trivial, when you could use larger lights with a constant value to light areas
    MYzok5O.png

Power of 4 displacements? They don't compress in source (resulting in a larger file size, unless they fixed it) also there's more to render when a power of 3 would look just fine. Also a large amount of nodes.
    XQGdCph.png

A lot going on here for something that's 99% background details. and no large structure being used to cull any of it.
    LLyKV5p.png

Suprisingly small amount of blend modulate textures. They really do make a huge difference and work well on less dense faces. Maybe if they were used you wouldn't need as many power of 4 displacements. VDC link for those who care https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/$blendmodulatetexture
    0LoWIhk.png

Unlit tree branch textures? You could set ignoresurfacenormals to "yes" in prop_static's option, or modify the vertex normal of the tree in order to get smooth lighting.
    FzpgG9b.png

No mipmaps? So grainy...
    SVgve3m.png

I think most of this would be better off as a model. Speaking of which, barely any of the models have lods?
    SD9yIK2.png

I hope some of these could be fixed.

There was also an amusing post about the Beokros map, but I don't know if it's archived anywhere.
    ElynsaPrototypemind
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    the game is p2p they cant do too much about it

Just clarrifying that p2p in this case refers to "peer to peer."