[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game feels dead :(

SwornKnightSwornKnight
Vindictus Rep: 840
edited June 23, 2019 in General Discussion
Anyone care to voice their thoughts on why they feel this game is lacking? Feels lonely lately when I log on. And what do you think can be improved that would help this game feel more satisfying?

Comments

• VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    I think they need to make new content more easily available to everyone. The main thing being the drop rate of rare items increased. It is a turn off for most players to keep running dungeons or raids and not get anything and they'll eventually lose interest in the game because the progress rate is so low. Not everyone is a wallet warrior or a botter that can spend hours everyday playing. With minimal $ spending and hardcore farming, you'd have to play hours each day in hopes to get a character fully geared with the latest content . At that pace you can probably gear 1-2 characters. But they have what 15 characters now? Id love to fully experience the full potential of all, if not, most of the characters. Idk man, most ppl probably spend more time trying to fully gear 1 character, then new stuff comes out and now theyd have to try again to replace the old one before fully enjoying the full potential of a character. People are stuck on old content and lets be real, no one wants old stuff. Everyone wants to enjoy the latest armor, weapons, scrolls, and outfits and they are stuck behind a huge paywall and low drop rates. It's like the low and middle class have gone and only true vindi loyals and elites (credit card warriors and players with mult accounts and bots to fund their main characters) are left. well... at least that's how i feel but whatever i don't think it will change anytime soon.
    Also ppl probably dont like the constant reading dialogue of 2D NPCs in the story. They could make it more "open world" i guess with fully interactable 3D models of NPCs outside or inside buildings you can enter with your character and make all maps minus dungeons explorable like other mmos to make the game more attractive
    The prices in the NX shop could be reduced too i guess. I am more likely to spend money and be a recurring buyer if the prices were reduced 25-35%.
    SilverFenixIcygoddesscheappariyaLoyalCasherTheratosSir_Renderdaws360AnduriSwornKnightXieand 4 others.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    -Other (New) games
    -Lack of innovation
    -Lack complexity
    -People get old and married
    -People work
    -People have lives outside the game
    -People are broke
    -Mobile games, mobile games....Mobile games.
    -Tariff
    -Trump
    SilverFenixIcygoddessRaptorBugDaimusdaws360SwornKnightAvan
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    Vallesti wrote: »
    At that pace you can probably gear 1-2 characters. But they have what 15 characters now? Id love to fully experience the full potential of all, if not, most of the characters. Idk man, most ppl probably spend more time trying to fully gear 1 character, then new stuff comes out and now theyd have to try again to replace the old one before fully enjoying the full potential of a character.

Already 16 chars, bro - Bell, loli (she is smaller then Lynn) with a huge two-handed axe is already announced in Korea. More cheap funservice for a game, and loli with axe, that three times bigger than herself, is really stupid.
    LoyalCasherTheratosSwornKnight
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Quit for the a.m reasons. Life, time, money way hard to get end game stuff.
    Now the cryteria is even harder. 7% dmg for the drops. With the current drop rates that makes incredible hard to get anything. I am happy that some people can run3-5 characters at the same time and farm 90-100 content every day and earn lots of gold, but i have 2-3 hrs a day at max to play. That is hardly enough for one set of raids. No chance to get ebough mats and money to advance now.
    LoyalCasherTheratosDaimusdaws360SwornKnight
  • ColdKiller1003ColdKiller1003
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    yeah, plus all the cash grab mechanics currently in the game. hard to get excited when permanent inners are locked behind nx and can't be bought on the mp, aswell as the 48hour wait mechanic to delete your characters basically a way to force you to wait or spend money on a character slot to play that new character now. and that shitty unbind system that honestly should just be removed, this game could easily survive and grow its playerbase without that bs but unfortunately thats the route it looks like its going. pretty unfortunate for this game because I've been here for 8 years and i hate to see how its progressed.
    DaimusTheratosdaws360SwornKnight
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Agreed i used to play since 2011 with some breaks.
    The current trend of the game is really bad, you need to have endless time and multiple characters or lots of money to go somewhere.
    In S1-S2 a decent set with enchants and a +10-12 weapon was good enough to play and have fun. Now you need to have a +12-13 sert with enchants and a +13-14 weapon and this is the requirement to stay on surface and be able to get the drops from Astera bosses.

what they should do IMO:
    - Eliminate Add dmg stat.
    - Do something with countrefoce.
    - Increase drop rates.
    - Binding system is kinda stupid only reason is to keep selling potions.
    - Inners and hair are fine for me they are free with AP so its ok.
    - 7% dmg cap at bosses is too high. Parties are unbalanced when an elitist join she/he can easyl make 50%+ dmg hard to keep up with regular characters.

Otherwise if they want to keep ADD DMG and attack limit stat, they should make way more easier to achieve it. Cheaper refoge, and remove the NX item from the reforge list.

LoyalCasherchicaneFlameSama1IcygoddessTheratosSir_RenderDaimusdaws360SwornKnight
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    The only way I see of fixing the droprate is making every raid like niflheim with key fragments. For example you do 1 agares you get an agares treasure shard. With 5 you craft an orange armor, with 10 an ore, with 30 a weapon main and with 50 an ancient succession. This would motivate people to keep running raids until they can obtain the desired drop with treasure shards.
    A limitation to this system could be that the drops obtained this way are binded to character, and irons can't be crafted.

Another thing I would like to talk is about +16-+20. There should be a hard but guaranteed way to obtain those. My idea is again fragments. If you dismantle a +15 weapon you get a +16 coupon shard of the level of the weapon. After 4, you can craft a +15 - +16 coupon. Then you have to do the same for +17, this time by breaking +16 weapons, so picture it like this:
    For a guaranteed +16 you have to dismantle 4 +15s, for a guaranteed +17 you have to dismantle 4 +16s, which would be 16 +15s, and the list goes on.

This look crazy expensive but I feel its balanced, we need some sort of guaranteed method. A +18 would take 64 +15 weapons which is insane for anyone to abuse this.
    SwornKnightDancingStar
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    The only way I see of fixing the droprate is making every raid like niflheim with key fragments. For example you do 1 agares you get an agares treasure shard. With 5 you craft an orange armor, with 10 an ore, with 30 a weapon main and with 50 an ancient succession. This would motivate people to keep running raids until they can obtain the desired drop with treasure shards.
    A limitation to this system could be that the drops obtained this way are binded to character, and irons can't be crafted.

Another thing I would like to talk is about +16-+20. There should be a hard but guaranteed way to obtain those. My idea is again fragments. If you dismantle a +15 weapon you get a +16 coupon shard of the level of the weapon. After 4, you can craft a +15 - +16 coupon. Then you have to do the same for +17, this time by breaking +16 weapons, so picture it like this:
    For a guaranteed +16 you have to dismantle 4 +15s, for a guaranteed +17 you have to dismantle 4 +16s, which would be 16 +15s, and the list goes on.

This look crazy expensive but I feel its balanced, we need some sort of guaranteed method. A +18 would take 64 +15 weapons which is insane for anyone to abuse this.

That way it would increase gap between new/casual players and 24/7 players and botters which isn't what this game needs. Better way would be that daily mission's would rly let you progress. So there would be better rewards for daily missions coupons (80 days for +1* isnt progress ) and also more diversity of daily missions.

And since they have started to add recycled bosses they could add more and make them cycle everyday like royals (It must be rly difficult to copy-paste dungeon) or even more.

But instead they will make another female char or companion or some kind of furniture (not that I mind but if you make cosmetics do new content also - recycled content isnt new)

SwornKnight
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Vladino wrote: »
    That way it would increase gap between new/casual players and 24/7 players and botters which isn't what this game needs. Better way would be that daily mission's would rly let you progress. So there would be better rewards for daily missions coupons (80 days for +1* isnt progress ) and also more diversity of daily missions.
    Well that's how online games work, the more you play the stronger you should become. Vindictus is heavy RNG based and people with bad luck get bored of it quickly. Seems more logical to focus on reward people that play a lot and is not getting a **** due bad luck, than rewarding people that can't play more than 1h each day.
    I do like the idea of making daily shop better, but its not the main issue. You want to incentivate people to do raids, not incentivate them to enter 10 minutes do daily and leave.
    SwornKnight
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Undo the power creep that means you NEED +15 to come in 1st or 2nd in a raid.
    Remove the binding system so you can reasonably sell armor and weapons without needing to spend money.
    Basically everything cheappariya said above.

But once they started adding titles and flair for people who have every type of pet and many, many inner armor sets, they basically admitted to the players that they only keep this game around to squeeze NX out of the whales who wanna compare waifus in the hot springs when they aren't getting gifted 50/75% damage in raids because they have all +15 gear.

Did an Agares last night and got ONE Enhancement Elixir as my drop because my gear sucks (laggy host I joined didn't help, as a staffie). Then I spent 120 million to go from 11 to 12 on my Astera staff. Having +11 armor and a +12 weapon made you OP back a few years ago when the game was, you know, actually playable. Now I'm obliged to burn all my gold to power up my weapon just to have a *shot* at recouping the hundreds of millions I already spent trying to gear my character. Gear just to have a shot at top 2 in a raid, mind you. I don't have my sights set on hitting the top ten for Staff Evies, I just want the game to feel playable again. Where I don't run around getting my teeth kicked in for 10 minutes and get a banana sticker at the end as my sole reward.

The more I talk about this game, the more it's reinforced in me that the ONLY reason I'm logged in right now and play everyday is because of the person I raid with 99% of the time. If she quit the game tomorrow I'd uninstall it instantly because it's clear Nexon doesn't actually care about an actual cohesive enjoyable game experience, they care about putting players through the wringer in hopes that they'll dump real money on NX. Basically sunk cost fallacy; "Well I've already spent money on this game, I have to spend more to make it enjoyable again, is all." No, I reject that.

I'm not spending money on your game when your idea of new raid content is taking pre-existing raid bosses from S1 and S2 and just giving them extra health and damage. Call it 'special' all you like, it's only special in the 'riding the shortbus' sense. You don't even award titles for playing them FFS. Between that, the endless endgame whale circlejerks of Redeemers and PVP, and the twee messages people spam in the server mega, I ask myself more and more why I bother putting up with it everyday. And the answer seems more and more like Stockholm syndrome...

DaimusSwornKnight
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    Hey an idea! Now add jewelry & outfits for pets! $$$ !!! (pet titles optional) * oh I love that diamond collar/leash gotta buy one* *oh how cute the gremlin has a hoodie with ears*
    SwornKnightLoyalCasher
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Anyone care to voice their thoughts on why they feel this game is lacking? Feels lonely lately when I log on. And what do you think can be improved that would help this game feel more satisfying?

The player base swelled after the release of Eira but Nexon couldn't keep the momentum with subsequent updates to retain the player-base. The dress shop is only functional for die-hards. Then the Razer ban event banned or soured some of its diehard players. It's scary seeing the population is so low in the middle of summer. What is it going to look like come fall?

Going forward it looks like we will be content starved for a while. Up next are two raids (Lugh, Selren) that most people will be bored with a week later. They add a lot of fringe end-game content such as Partholon Vanguard and Pet University which only has slight value for diehards. Episode 4 won't be for a while...yet they prioritize making new (female) characters because they are big money makers for NX sales.
    SwornKnightLoyalCasher
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    People complaining that other people playing more than them get da gear faster than them?
    People complaining that other people paying more than them get da gear faster than them?
    Yeah, nothing new.

It's an MMO (the massive part is questionable, but still multiplayer regardless). Every single MMO operates this way, no exceptions, and it's really just common sense to accept this. It's how life works too, just saying. You invest more (be it time, money or both), you gain more.

I agree with some points mentioned here, but the one I highlighted here is not among them, mainly because there is no logic in it at all. People should really stop bringing up this excuse in these topics.

I'm a regular player too, got nothing OP in my inventory, yet I can manage to do 15 to 25% damage even in whale astera parties.
    Time to stop complaining and instead improve your playstyle/gear.
    7% is too high? Well, I guess, awarding AFK players should be the next move than, right?
    Even my eira was able to do 13% damage with 2 whales in an agares party with only 96 CF and nothing higher than a few +13 dulla gear (which is easily obtainable now with the seal shop, so don't tell me it's unreachable for "regular" players).
    Granted, I don't know how difficult it is to play every class, I only play 2 of them after all, but surely you should be able to do 70% of one HP bar damage if you just keep on the damage and don't die every half minutes unless you seriously lack in gear for those raids, in which case ask yourself why do you even want to play those raids without the ability to contribute anything to your party and even expect a reward for it?

Astera raids are NOT the only place to get those gold coins, contrary to the popular belief here. You can't do enough damage there? No worries, there are level 95 and 90 raids around too, among other battles that can net enough gold for you to upgrade your gear, even in a timely manner. You can also do some OS if you have the nerves for it for profit, you don't need 7% damage there (I think - I can't bear that mode, so not sure :P).

Also I saw someone mention "open world".
    Please no! I don't like wasting my time running from NPC A to NPC B in dead space areas that have no purpose whatsoever other than to needlessly extend my time spent in the game.

What I feel this game needs are:
    A serious optimization and advertisement.
    Rework of that atrocious binding system (like many people already mentioned), especially for low value event items.
    And most importantly, make my solo fishing boats... well, solo! How come people can join my boats even if I click on the "Depart alone" button? They disrupt my afk fishing sessions! >.>
    SwornKnightEnigmaTaro
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    We have an event right now going on where u collect goddess shards and then there's the mysterious relic box. (And we're barely a month into the summer right now) I think this is the right pace for the game in this day and age. We shouldn't expect every year to get better in here, people look at the events and sales happening if they like it, they play, if not they enjoy life. But I do also wanna say that there should be new outfits in the outfit shop, instead of having to get one from Gacha. I can't afford 400-900mil outfits man... D:
    SwornKnight
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    edited June 26, 2019
    "battles that can net enough gold for you to upgrade your gear, even in a timely manner" = Really? How about 6 fails going from 12 to 13 & then 3 current fails trying for 14 on a weapon - use Your math - 46 steel per reforge (and the ess & ores) - where are the battles for that $ in a "timely manner"? Just the weapon - not the addition of 5 armor pieces - tell me where does the gold come from? This game did NOT start as a purely pay to win game - It is the 'additional damage' aspect that has destroyed this game more than anything (what 'additional damage' does armor actually do?) Perhaps a view of what was to come was when they offered tokens to purchase if you ran out of your allotment for the day? <--- Yes, I played that far back. Could be what pisses people off - back then you had to play and grind to get ahead now just buy several hundred boxes!
    SwornKnight
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Sixth wrote: »
    People complaining that other people playing more than them get da gear faster than them?
    People complaining that other people paying more than them get da gear faster than them?
    Yeah, nothing new.

It's an MMO (the massive part is questionable, but still multiplayer regardless). Every single MMO operates this way, no exceptions, and it's really just common sense to accept this. It's how life works too, just saying. You invest more (be it time, money or both), you gain more.
    Vindy especially has some trash aspects to it, as evidenced by the fact that no one plays it. Maybe they got tired of the grind of the rehash "special" raids, the raids with same recycled AOE attacks (every raid since Claire I believe), the removal of some fringe content like Hero mode for normal missions, the gauntlet, and all the other garbage the Rise update brought, etc.
    I'm a regular player too, got nothing OP in my inventory, yet I can manage to do 15 to 25% damage even in whale astera parties.
    Time to stop complaining and instead improve your playstyle/gear.
    7% is too high? Well, I guess, awarding AFK players should be the next move than, right?
    Even my eira was able to do 13% damage with 2 whales in an agares party with only 96 CF and nothing higher than a few +13 dulla gear (which is easily obtainable now with the seal shop, so don't tell me it's unreachable for "regular" players).

BRUH, you need gold to update gear, and the best way to consistently get gold to update gear is to raid the endgame raids (plus RAR maybe), and starting with this Counterforce bullshit, it's getting increasingly difficult to deal with trying to meet the requirements. You need gold, to update the gear, to farm raids, to raid with.

Getting smug and saying "aFk PlAyErS sHoUlD bE nExT tHeN?" glosses over my issue (maybe you just were itching to give me that anecdote about how you have no issues) that I shouldn't be qualified for a raid gear-wise and be able to miss out of drops while I'm actually playing the raid, that's retarded quite frankly. I had issues on a bad host but still.

That genuinely pissed me off. For years I played this game and did pretty decently. Then they add extra mechanics to pander to the pay-to-win community and skew the raid stats in their favors and somehow that's my fault? Back in the day seeing people drop 75% damage in a raid basically never happened. Whales always existed but the difference wasn't as striking as far as I remember.
    Astera raids are NOT the only place to get those gold coins, contrary to the popular belief here. You can't do enough damage there? No worries, there are level 95 and 90 raids around too, among other battles that can net enough gold for you to upgrade your gear, even in a timely manner. You can also do some OS if you have the nerves for it for profit, you don't need 7% damage there (I think - I can't bear that mode, so not sure :P).

u wot? What level 90 mission do you do to get anything worth any decent sum of gold besides steel? None of the 90 crafting mats are worth anything really.

SwornKnight
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    u wot? What level 90 mission do you do to get anything worth any decent sum of gold besides steel? None of the 90 crafting mats are worth anything really.

There are some very valuable scrolls in lvl 90 battles. Chief of which in my mind is "The Dead".
    SwornKnight
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875

There are some very valuable scrolls in lvl 90 battles. Chief of which in my mind is "The Dead".

xD ye but the drop rate of "The Dead" is even lower than "Ancient Succession" from agares which sells for 2 times more. If you could do only lvl 90 S3 while your friend can do lvl 100 after 1 week you'd give up and uninstall the game

SwornKnight
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    @chicane
    I must be the only one who got enough gold from lvl 90/95 raids to get my astera weapon and all new accessories (except the brooch) before I even started to do astera raids regularly.
    I failed 6 times already trying to +13, still rocking +12, so spare me the "math". It's RNG, these things happen. It annoys me too, but ohh well, better luck next time. I will get +13 too after 2 more fails anyway.
    If you have +13 astera weapon, why do you even complain? The topic was about NOT having the gear for astera raids to do 7% damage, at least that's what I wrote about, and how to get gold outside of astera raids to get sufficient gear for that 7% damage. Surely you do at least that much with a +13 astera weapon, so you can already get drops from those raids.

Righteous and The Dead scrolls are still good income from lvl 90 raids if you get lucky (like with all raids), Memorable and Judgment also nets some during peak prices. They also give quick seals, which lets you buy those runes or chunks that are still useful.
    You can also farm regular battles for chunks and synthesis materials. They are coins too. Paradise Orb price skyrocketed now (at least on EU, no idea about NA - check the market maybe?), and farming them is not hard even with lower tier gear. Add in the occasional chunk drops, and you get some nice income.
    Scrolls from lvl 95 raids are still the most expensive ones (aside from The Dead, of course). Again, get lucky, but hey, you have to get lucky in astera raids too.

And "just buy several hundreds of boxes"? Really? I know that it's a common tradition to look down on people who buy their way to top in games, but what's stopping you to do the same? If you don't want to spend a lot of time in the game to get that OP gear, why not lower your playtime and work more for more cash and buy those boxes yourself? At least than you will have experience in both and can decide which one is more worthwhile to do based on the time and effort you spent on doing them.

You guys just want everything quickly. It's not the difficulty, you have issues with the speed of getting there, and I find that kinda funny seeing that you play a korean MMO. MMOs are based on grind. Take out the grind and there's nothing left aside from a chat box.
    You don't have to reforge that stupid weapon every 2nd day. Geez.
    Lets just agree to disagree here. Maybe I'm just more patient with games and grinding than most people.

@FlameSama1
    People play Vindi. If they wouldn't, we wouldn't be here now, right?

Btw, what's wrong with anecdotes? When you write one, it's okay, it has to be about all of us, but when I do, it's suddenly "only about me". Your anecdotes somehow weight more or what?

I'm playing on EU server. I don't know how are the prices on NA server, aside from "it's inflated". If the market isn't equal in ratios there compared to EU, that can be why I don't get why you guys complain about getting gold. But on EU, I don't find it difficult or even too lengthy to properly gear a character for astera raids even without doing astera raids.

I agree with the recycled content being a low-tier development strategy, I forgot to add this. It makes the game boring, especially if we can only see AoE circles left and right in every single raids. At least Regina had some visuals for her AoE attacks, but starting from Glas, the circle dynasty took over. Not only it is boring, it also looks terrible.
    Doing these "new" specials were fun for 2 days because they brought back memories from old times. But after that, it's just a chore to do them without any reward (seriously, the reward from these is so low tier, it's a joke even by Vindi standards, and even if you get that orange light, you open it and find a Fresh scroll +yay).

Anyway.... I'm not here to stir up some heated, sparky discussion about this. I just wrote my opinion about it. It just happens to be that it's not aligned with most people's opinion here, but that's okay, I can live with that.
    SwornKnight
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited June 27, 2019
    Vladino wrote: »

xD ye but the drop rate of "The Dead" is even lower than "Ancient Succession" from agares which sells for 2 times more. If you could do only lvl 90 S3 while your friend can do lvl 100 after 1 week you'd give up and uninstall the game

I have feeling that Devs decrease drop rates on all battles and raids - far before release of Eira and her pre-release event I saw golden loot in party on almost all my raids (from 1 to 3 golden loots for single run around 80% of played battles, not for me but anyway inspiring to some extent), and quite same for usual runs for shards. Now, I don't see any golden loot in all my runs, maybe one golden thing for 7-10 runs of any battles.

This makes me quite confused about wtf is going on with game after each update. And for all my time that I spare on S3 raids after devs change scroll drop places I didn't saw any Dead or any other stuff of same rarity in my party.

I don't use VIP and badges, only luck blesses, because of such bad luck (and lack of time for cruel nerding). And this doesn't inspire me for using my VIP capsules from old days events. Also, nowadays faked rewards for events drop down my desire to play even more... Even if I didn't found any other mmo that can replace Vindictus for me, and this is really piss me off! Even worse than how Dio piss off Jotaro.
    SwornKnight