[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Greeeaaat.....

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited January 25, 2019 in General Discussion
[Etc.]

For the following battles, greatly increased the damage players can inflict while the boss monster is shielded.
  • 'Denizen of the Deep'
  • 'The Missing Soul'

Way to make the game more braindead. It wasn't bad enough that some could plow through the mechanic. Now it looks like everyone can.

Imo, they should have done the opposite. Or better yet, make Dulla/Abom immune to damage while their shields are up. That way no one can plow through thus making the mechanic required/necessary.
WaifeyrondomizanoctredIcygoddessSaintGuinnessAmenariBarium

Comments

• WaifeyWaifey
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    yes i need it i got all the gear from erp buuuut i still can't play well
  • ChubuiChubui
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Honestly such a dumb change. The boss is just a giant sandbag now lol
    SaintGuinness
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    And the ein lacher gold medal change is a huge slap in the face of the players who worked hard to wear the golden light title. They should have given unique titles like "ancient golden light" to the people that already had them, but they instead decided to not give a **** about these players.
    YagaminIcygoddessSaintGuinnessAvan
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    That's a stupid nerf if I ever saw one.
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Not throwing 4 bombs at a boss anymore is that tragic for you guys? How pathetic. Lol
    DragonRider
  • NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    i welcome the new changes since it'll cut down my daily raid times. Also, titles lol.
    AnnazDragonRiderYagamin
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    It's not really a surprise though is it? We'll be entering S4 soon. I'm actually surprised they didn't outright remove the mechanic like they did with S2. I suppose they're waiting until we're actually in S4 before turning them into ex-raids and making such associated titles unobtainable.
    Avan
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 27, 2019
    Both were top tier trash raids so good riddance I guess.
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    And the ein lacher gold medal change is a huge slap in the face of the players who worked hard to wear the golden light title.
    right because now when people will see your title they woudn't think about how awesome you are as they did before... damn
    so if there woudn't be a title to brag about then you like nah i'm not gonna bother...?

• TachiTachi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,360
    rondomiza wrote: »
    right because now when people will see your title they woudn't think about how awesome you are as they did before... damn
    so if there woudn't be a title to brag about then you like nah i'm not gonna bother...?

You would be surprised of how many people only have titles or gear as the only "positive" aspect of them
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    And the ein lacher gold medal change is a huge slap in the face of the players who worked hard to wear the golden light title.

That's what titles are for, just like irl, they're supposed to depict your efforts. If wearing a title that cost effort to get is bragging in your dictionary, what about people with expensive costumes, or title collectors? If you don't have that emotional sense with titles, then bad for you, but don't criticize other people. Everyone has to find their own motivations and challenges in an online game.
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    @Nokaubure
    if you could obtain this title but not show it to other poeple would it be less valuable for you?
    the point was that if the reason to do something is just to impress people then it's probably a poor one.
    but you're right who am i to judge? do whatever you want
    it was my mistake to bring this subject in the first place
    DragonRider
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655
    edited January 30, 2019
    Right? I was so disappointed to come back from an 8 month break, join these raids and people were just slashing away while shields were up. No bell ringing or bombing anymore. Way to take the fun/teamwork out of it.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Right? I was so disappointed to come back from an 8 month break, join these raids and people were just slashing away while shields were up. No bell ringing or bombing anymore. Way to take the fun/teamwork out of it.

Well guild house is here if you need a dance floor for e-hookup :3deyes:
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    the mechanic is still there if you really wanna do it. maybe we should blame the mechanic that gives an extra core for 40% dmg. on the plus side, faster raids is more convenient, especially if you have alts. if you want a challenge, do hell neam or balor. as for titles, farming 4, 5, 600 per character is a nuisance and a distraction. some of them have fun names, some of them have good stats, and you can even make your own. but if you need it to show off, ask yourself why thats so important.
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »

Well guild house is here if you need a dance floor for e-hookup :3deyes:

I'll be waiting +wink
    Avan
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    edited January 31, 2019
    @Nokaubure
    if you could obtain this title but not show it to other poeple would it be less valuable for you?
    the point was that if the reason to do something is just to impress people then it's probably a poor one.
    but you're right who am i to judge? do whatever you want
    it was my mistake to bring this subject in the first place

That's what I felt like too. These people need these virtual videogame titles to feel special and display their e-peen size for the world to see. That's all it is. You brought up an excellent point about how the achievement loses value if there were no titles to be displayed in the first place. Would people really try to do them if there was no title reward? It's a good question. I mean, you still have people uploading their videos to youtube of their no-hit kill runs. Either way....It's a smart, cheap, and effective way for these videogame developers to get certain gamers who thirst for a couple dinky words above their head or in their profile hooked into the game for hours for 0 development cost to feel special. And if that's what they want to do, more power to them. Personally, i never understood the e-glory one gets from having a few dinky words over your head or in a profile. The Golden God title i can understand a little bit the pride, and shows off your skill-level at fighting NPC AI bosses in a RNG-stat gear based game, but back in the s1 and s2 days, i never understood those gamers that were obsessed about collecting dinky, shitty title counts to their profile. With the limited time I have in this game, i'd rather focus on gameplay, fun fights, customization fashion - thats what vindictus is about. But if you're obsessing about title count (which i remember on the old forums, was a huge crybaby issue if people even missed one little small event title, their life was over. Jeeze. Videogame e-peen can be so powerful in a person's mental world).
    Annaz wrote: »
    Not throwing 4 bombs at a boss anymore is that tragic for you guys? How pathetic. Lol

I agree with the OP that they're taking away the uniqueness and diversity of certain battles by deleting these mario party-esque mechanics. It does make the game less unique and diverse, and just makes it more of a hack and slash and almost sandbag like game (not quite since careful skill and dodging and timing is still required). When you take away the bomb aiming, and keeping the dullahan ghost occupied, and the abomination bell ringing - it takes away unique gameplay that it once had. I mean, the raids of season 1 used to be very fun - Colru, lionotus, etc mechanics were fun, but look at the sadness that it is today.... I dont think its fair to say its pathetic to still want these unique ideas in a battle.
    NoSleep wrote: »
    i welcome the new changes since it'll cut down my daily raid times. Also, titles lol.

I agree with you in that this game is so time consuming just for ONE character, doing all guild daily missions, and trying to get through a few raids in one hour is time-consuming in my opinion. Leading a busy life, job, errands, bills, and trying to fit in game time is hard enough. Which is why i never invest time or gold into gearing up until much later, and just focus on doing my best in battles with subpar gear (more of a challenge that way anyway) and designing outfit fashions, because its just a hamster wheel that never ends and you just burn yourself out on the goldsink that outdates itself with updates. But, i still dont think they should be taking away unique gameplay aspects like dullahan, abomination, or any other raids like they did with season 1 and 2, etc. Maybe they should nerf the boss HP a little bit instead.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited January 31, 2019
    Order5 wrote: »
    It's not really a surprise though is it? We'll be entering S4 soon. I'm actually surprised they didn't outright remove the mechanic like they did with S2. I suppose they're waiting until we're actually in S4 before turning them into ex-raids and making such associated titles unobtainable.

Yeah. It's their attempt to make them appealing for all players + to reduce raid times. But normally it wouldn't happen. It only happens in games that got less successful over time. Making things easier is a desparate attempt for reaching wider audiences. Just like a discount in a supermarket that makes people more likely to buy a certain product. People who liked the more expensive version of the product will also buy the discounted product, because it's the same product (same rewards) for less effort even if they complain about it.

It's not S1 anymore. They already made the game less challenging with every update, so these small puzzles don't work as well as they did in S1.

Secondarily it's the change in the attitude of the game from being unique and challenging to who does the most damage and who can complete a raid in less time that led to these decisions i'm sure, because in this case it doesn't matter if there are puzzles or not.

Plus it benefits people who like this attitude. They usually max out their characters and spend more time in the game, and they are more likely to spend money on in-game stuff as well.
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    There's still people like me, who just like to collect things, which is the only reason I ever farmed titles in the first place. It's not for the fact that I can show off, because well, really, I've got nothing to really show off nor want attention most of the time. I only really care about my title color, and not even in the manner of "Hey look, my color shows I have more than you!" it's more of "I like blue, I wish I could make it blue all the time".

Really what it comes down to, is that people who would want these titles don't always want them for the same reasons. Some people just want stats, some just want a saying over their head, some want a color to say "I'm better than you" or some, like me, just like to collect things and would like the opportunity to do so.

Things like this aren't always as black and white as comments on this thread are making it seem like they are.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited February 8, 2019
    Great, a horrible uninformative topic title.

If anything, I would have suggested to nerf things where you can get KOed randomly and is not your fault. Like in Lugh if some newbie doesn't use the shield after getting it. These should just put you down to 1 HP like in Zecallion.
    NoSleep wrote: »

This.