[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why are there timers on things like megas ?

SpoopyPieSpoopyPie
Vindictus Rep: 600
edited December 29, 2018 in General Discussion
I don't understand it. There's timers on everything from the attendance event. Some I guess I can understand but megas, of all things? Damascus steels?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Comments

• NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    NX works in mysterious ways.
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I'm pretty sure they just kinda threw this together hitting Copy/paste on all the items
    Which explains why Dama Steel which requires a crapton of work to obtain enough expires hilariously

What does Expired steel even taste like?
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    They're being stingy this year
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    You dare question our glorious Nexon? You should be more grateful getting free stuff *sarcasm
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited December 30, 2018
    Jinyie wrote: »
    You dare question our glorious Nexon? You should be more grateful getting free stuff *sarcasm

I'm grateful that I'm getting to play a game for free.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Not that I'm not grateful the game is free even if I don't sound like it. At this point I'm more grateful to the players who support this game through NX than the company itself.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    nexon trashing their playerbase... nothing new here.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited December 31, 2018
    if i may play devil's advocate for a bit, making these items unhoardable keeps actual game activity (specifically trading of equipments and materials) up in between content updates, rather than encouraging log-in-and-afkers

of course, making the items earned through some sort of ticket system would do the same and allow us to keep them permanently. wow what a revolutionary idea, i know.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    And then they throw a curve ball with the max +15 coupon expiring in 7 days rather than date expire on the 31st like everything else. Lost my coupon this morning cuz i was too tired after new years.
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    ever since kr took over they added expire on it.
  • RowboCopRowboCop
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    edited January 1, 2019
    Plakster wrote: »

What makes you think KR took over? From what I've seen, it's always the NA publishers that are stingy. This has been the case throughout the years going back to when the FUD twins (Dealer/Aqua) were still around and we had actual community managers (I'm referring to the stinginess like us getting a nerfed version of Golden Time compared to other regions).
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 1, 2019
    RowboCop wrote: »

What makes you think KR took over? From what I've seen, it's always the NA publishers that are stingy. This has been the case throughout the years going back to when the FUD twins (Dealer/Aqua) were still around and we had actual community managers (I'm referring to the stinginess like us getting a nerfed version of Golden Time compared to other regions).

Korea took over around this time last year. That is why all the maint is done near midnight + every video communication from Nexon has been from Korea (see basically the only one which was the 8th anniversary...)+ why support responds so quickly in the middle of the night.

All the US folks were fired Dec 2017 time frame. (Just take a look at their activity logs.)

Nexon decided to just give us the bare bones support and see what $$ they can get out of us. Heck we haven't even gotten word on the broken event that was suppose to be going on the last 2 weeks...

Every time an official message is posted is near midnight PST. They are all on Korean working times.

(The only maint. ever done on a normal US working hrs is now done by the server support. IE forced patch Tues by Microsoft. I don't know if Nexon needs to have anyone from Korea involved, but if it is like my work they just auto do and you have someone on call if there are issues.)
    LoLoBootyAvan
  • RowboCopRowboCop
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    ikevi wrote: »
    RowboCop wrote: »

Korea took over around this time last year. That is why all the maint is done near midnight + every video communication from Nexon has been from Korea (see basically the only one which was the 8th anniversary...)+ why support responds so quickly in the middle of the night.

All the US folks were fired Dec 2017 time frame. (Just take a look at their activity logs.)

Nexon decided to just give us the bare bones support and see what $$ they can get out of us. Heck we haven't even gotten word on the broken event that was suppose to be going on the last 2 weeks...

Every time an official message is posted is near midnight PST. They are all on Korean working times.

(The only maint. ever done on a normal US working hrs is now done by the server support. IE forced patch Tues by Microsoft. I don't know if Nexon needs to have anyone from Korea involved, but if it is like my work they just auto do and you have someone on call if there are issues.)

Wow, this is news to me, but then again I semi-retired from the game since that patch (forgot the name) that nuked all the S2 content and got rid most of the of 8 man raids. So is Nexon NA gone completely? Are games like Riders of Icarus or Maplestory also run out of KR now??
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    ^ that is still up in the air but I wouldn't put it past them. Have you seen their quarterly reports they make a killing on mobile games in na not pc anymore.
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    We will have even less time-frame to use the items we get from the Second Golden time. Good job , Nexon.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 2, 2019
    Suukei wrote: »
    We will have even less time-frame to use the items we get from the Second Golden time. Good job , Nexon.

Meh most of them are crud. And you can at least make an aby shard grade 2 that wont expire. (I don't know why they are giving us 3 aby shards but only 1 myst shard).

Very surprised they didn't give use one +11 rune let alone a +12. Something seems off to say the least. (No unbinds pots too.)
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    ikevi wrote: »
    Suukei wrote: »

Meh most of them are crud. And you can at least make an aby shard grade 2 that wont expire. (I don't know why they are giving us 3 aby shards but only 1 myst shard).

Very surprised they didn't give use one +11 rune let alone a +12. Something seems off to say the least. (No unbinds pots too.)

Where can we make grade 2 shards from grade 1?
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    2edgy4u wrote:
    Where can we make grade 2 shards from grade 1?
    From Bynn but you'll need to unlock the recipe first.
    2edgy4u
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    LOL my favorite comment of the day:

"How can perpetual enchant coupons expire? They're perpetual..."
    GhengisJohnPrototypemindSpoopyPieBOK_CHOIAvan
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    edited January 11, 2019
    I still dont know how to use the blessing stones with expiration dates on it. rofl
    It will never pick the time sensitive stones whenever I bless a run