[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited January 3, 2019
    Oh sheeeet. This is a huge coin flip. It could be great, or it could be disastrous.
  • ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,530
    "The potential buyers include domestic industry rivals Kakao Corp (035720.KS) and Netmarble Corp (251270.KS), as well as Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings Ltd (0700.HK) and U.S. video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc (EA.O), the newspaper reported. citing unnamed industry sources."

Nooooooo not EA!!!!
    CloakshireIcygoddessablackwomanLoLoBootySir_Render
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Not like Kakao would be a godsend either. Tencent can be hit or miss as well, but almost anything other than my.com beats Nexon at this point most likely. Can't happen soon enough, hah.
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    This game is history if EA gets to it

Kakao.... Would explain a lot LOL
  • SilverFenixSilverFenix
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Interesting.. well surely the new buyer will look to close the older games with low revenue ... cough cough hehehe
    RaptorBug
  • RaptorBugRaptorBug
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Smart man
  • SpoopyPieSpoopyPie
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    edited January 4, 2019
    Maybe devcat can pick Vindictus up in the same way Shanda/Eyedentity did when they took back DN if it doesn't make the transition cut

At this point, not sure how worse it can get from Nexon.

• SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    edited January 4, 2019
    devcat is owned by nexon, they are in in-house development studio.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Welp. Ruh-Roh.

I was never happy with the devil we knew, strictly speaking. But the devil we don't know is worrisome and some of the other devils on the list we know full and well and they are actually kind of terrifying.

I mean, Nexon badly mismanaged Vindictus but they did still keep the game up and running.
    187 wrote: »
    I hope EA purchase Nexon :)

You might mean this in the most nihilistic sense possible but if it meant that Bioware was forced to work on a Vindictus game I'd laugh my ass off.
  • JustFrameJustFrame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    "The potential buyers include domestic industry rivals Kakao Corp (035720.KS) and Netmarble Corp (251270.KS), as well as Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings Ltd (0700.HK) and U.S. video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc (EA.O), the newspaper reported. citing unnamed industry sources."

Nooooooo not EA!!!!

I despise all of the corps that have the potential to obtain Nexon, however if I had to choose, I would rather EA, and this may be shocking to most, but at least it would be established within the US and since a great portion of the playerbase is US related, it makes the most sense. We could also have a better form of communication even with the dreaded EA company because of that as well.

Given the options, my vote would absolutely go with EA, because having to deal with a company that is outside the US w/ a US playerbase has always, Always been so frustrating to deal with.

If the other companies obtain it, especially the China one (which is The Company I Do Not want to get with all hope), then I would have little hope to any sort of possible change. In fact if Tencent gets it, then I'm done with this game, not going to deal with another mmo that's run by China anymore.

• DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    Satsue wrote: »
    devcat is owned by nexon, they are in in-house development studio.

They're subsidiary. Nexon only publishes for them now. They can work on w.e the want independently now lol. So it's perfectly plausible if they choose to take Vindictus back.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Any sale is likely bad news for Vindictus. First thing they will do when acquiring game franchises is look at what is making $$$. Resources will be shifted from unprofitable franchises and/or platforms. Layoffs, less support + dev resources as a company moves to consolidate.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Some years ago it was Nexon who was trying to buy EA, and now it may be the other way. What a bizarre world.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    JustFrame wrote: »

Nooooooo not EA!!!!

I despise all of the corps that have the potential to obtain Nexon, however if I had to choose, I would rather EA, and this may be shocking to most, but at least it would be established within the US and since a great portion of the playerbase is US related, it makes the most sense. We could also have a better form of communication even with the dreaded EA company because of that as well.

Given the options, my vote would absolutely go with EA, because having to deal with a company that is outside the US w/ a US playerbase has always, Always been so frustrating to deal with.

If the other companies obtain it, especially the China one (which is The Company I Do Not want to get with all hope), then I would have little hope to any sort of possible change. In fact if Tencent gets it, then I'm done with this game, not going to deal with another mmo that's run by China anymore.

EA listens to almost nothing in the way of feedback unless it is massive in proportion. While they may have, for instance, acquiesced to players over loot boxes in Battlefront II, they've utterly ignored pretty wide scale complaints in games like Fifa and Battlefield. Also considering that EA ignored imposed regulations in the EU on their sale of loot boxes, it's clear that the drive for more money, not feedback or even legal consequences, drive every decision they make. EA will be a nightmare, but I can't say if Nexon's profits in games like MS2 and on mobile will be enough to get their attention. I very much hope not.
  • SpoopyPieSpoopyPie
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Any sale is likely bad news for Vindictus. First thing they will do when acquiring game franchises is look at what is making $$$. Resources will be shifted from unprofitable franchises and/or platforms. Layoffs, less support + dev resources as a company moves to consolidate.

Exactly my thoughts. From my perspective, MapleStory has always been Nexon's number one game so that's definitely making the cut. Vindi on the hand...

That's a game that's been on maintenance mode for years. One of the biggest signs, to me at least, of a f2p game going on maintenance mode is its steady encroaching of "eliminating" f2p players and keeping as many active and/or regular spenders in the game. You do that by steadily applying patches that remove options for pure/near pure f2p players in order to coerce them into partaking into the cash shop.

Yes, it makes its money from whales but its a business that anyone who buys up Nexon could easily discard if they want to. There's also not enough players in this game to cause a significant uproar to keep it. At best, I'm seeing offers and coupons to whoever spent X amount of NX in the last X months for another game the new buyer might keep.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Some could probably look at this and see some hope though. Even if Vindictus gets shut down, the new company may reincarnate some peoples' favorite ass sets into other games or new projects.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Well ****, I got 10 billion between my accounts right now. Let me buy this ****.
    Sir_RenderAnthonytonyboyVieiraG
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    And to think- I almost spent money on NX this year!! Whew!!
    Bullett=>
    <=Me
    2edgy4uPrototypemindSir_RenderAnthonytonyboyVieiraG
  • KimiithaaKimiithaa
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!!?!
    Sir_Render