[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Alternative to Ferghus' hand slipping

HeartCardHeartCard
Vindictus Rep: 1,015
in Suggestions and Feedback
I know that this would never happen. Even if everyone in the forum loves this idea, it ain't happening and we all know it. I'm making this thread so that people can discuss the IDEA of it. I'm curious what others think of the concept, how well it could work, and how it would affect both the game's community and economy. REALLY interested in discussions about how it would affect the economy.

Instead of gears being destroyed they could be "Chained". The "Chained" system simply slaps a label on a weapon when it would normally be destroyed.
The weapon is NOT destroyed, however it can NEVER be enhanced again unless "Freed" by StrangeTraveler's current "restore destroyed weapons" system.
What's the point of this system you may ask? Easy:
1. A player losing their main +13 weapon is less useful. A player having their main +13 weapon "chained" is unaffected. This also means that players we overall HAVE higher + main weapons since there's no risk involved in trying to enhance them further. You'd be stupid NOT to try and risk going from +13 to +14.
2. This also SUBSTANTIALLY helps lower level players since it would flood the market with +7~+10 "Chained" weapons that nobody wants that they could easily make use of. It also allows them to more easily catch up or handle content solo by simply upgrading their gear til it gets Chained. With all the constant AP farming parites, it would also present the new players a chance to join those parties as well. This is actually a big deal because, by the relaxed nature of Hero nightmare farming, this is a chance for a new player to TALK to other players. This could be the moment they make a few friends in Vindi or even find a guild to take them in, which will help keep them playing for months or years to come.
3. Since the item is still in your inventory, there's no limitation on how far back StrangeTraveler could fix your "Chained" weapon, unlike the current destroyed weapon system.
4. "Chained" weapons could still be sold in the market. This means you could buy a +11 "Chained" weapon and farm the AP to unchain it and sell it back in the market(or enhance yourself if you want).
5. Because of #2 this would promote SIGNIFICANTLY more AP farming. What's this mean? Well aside from more AP farming parties(thus making it easier for players to participate in one lesiurely instead of solo), this ALSO means more gold in the economy from all the constant hero nightmare/etc runs going on. Now that might actually sound like it would inflate gold, but it would also DEVALUE the works of gold sellers. With so many players constantly farming, gold farmers become less effecient and less profitable. Sure it's not a massive cut, but it's something.

Please discuss. I really want to know your thoughts on how this would affect the game.
  1. Bubble26 votes
    1. This is a terrible idea
       27% (7 votes)
    2. This is not a terrible idea
       46% (12 votes)
    3. This is a terrible voting option.
       27% (7 votes)

Comments

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    I don't like the idea of flooding the market however I feel like there should be no limit to the number of times you can res a bound item. As long as you can't trade it, and it's just for your personal use there's no reason you shouldn't be able to imo.
    GewelliriousGldPhoenixBloodAngelAqua22
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited November 21, 2016
    Responding to #2.
    The number of low level enhanced weapons will not increase.

Let's pretend that we're not in the middle of a free gear event, for argument's sake.

Currently, gear is made by people leveling up and weaponsmiths/armorsmiths.
    Leveling people who crafted their own weapon usually enhance their own weapon and won't go looking for chained weapons on mp.
    Smiths either dissemble their craft immediately or sell the gear clean.
    So crafters of low level gear are not enhancers.

High enhanced things are made by people getting lucky or rich people making investments.
    Most people are not lucky.
    Rich people have no reason to invest in anything more than 10 levels below level cap. Why? Because Enhancement Elixir goes for 100k on a cheap day.
    So enhancers of gear ignore low level gear.

There are two different problems here: the lack of high enhanced gear & the lack of high enhanced gear for low level players. The first would be solved by your solution. There would be tons of "+10 chained OJ core blue weapons" for sale. That would be nice.

But low level gear would not increase. Friggin EnhElixir drops nowhere--Nowhere fun anyways. If I ran a bot I'd be farming hero mode dungeons for powder stones and elixir. But when I try to farm as a human I keep thinking "this is $%#*$( painful".
  • DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    edited November 21, 2016
    Just to point out, it wouldn't really help to get rid of gold sellers... since at this point of inflation, gold sellers make money mostly by selling stuff and getting gold from another players. This means that along with inflation - gold sellers make also more gold. Besides, i doubt there would be any noticeable impact of gold increase from farming 'The Unveiling Truth', simply because most of people doing it would be already on high level - which means they wouldn't get any gold from the 41 lvl battle. In fact, the effect could be opposite since people would spend more time on farming AP than doing battles which normally would give them gold reward.

As to the idea itself, it could work - however these weapons shouldn't be trade-able, it would affect the market badly.
    Two options which could work:
    1. Basically your idea but with not trade-able items once they become 'chained'
    2. Add AP reviving with no limits (so the weapon could be revived no matter how many times it was broken)
    GhengisJohnBloodAngel
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    edited November 21, 2016
    GhengisJohn

I don't like the idea of flooding the market however I feel like there should be no limit to the number of times you can res a bound item. As long as you can't trade it, and it's just for your personal use there's no reason you shouldn't be able to imo.
    This. Make boomed weapons permabind but allow unlimited ressurections
    PixelPantsuAqua22
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    GhengisJohn

You deserve more likes. Also, it would finally make people have a GOAL on this game.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    i dont get why people wanna change enhancement so much though, the game would end so fast if gearing is made easy. the point of doing anything after finishing the story is for gearing... so whats the point of playing anymore if everyone can get maxed stuffs easily
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    ThePharaoh

i dont get why people wanna change enhancement so much though, the game would end so fast if gearing is made easy. the point of doing anything after finishing the story is for gearing... so whats the point of playing anymore if everyone can get maxed stuffs easily
    They want to have a feeling of something to work towards, me? Glad you asked. I keep using my +10 twin swords until I make new ones from seal shop with an OJ main and then I will enhance those as far as I can past +10, (hopefully +12?) I don't know though we will see and that's just how this game works, you gotta work for power since it's not handed to you. Or you have to simply master the game, if you become proficient in both (godly gear and good sense of the game and mechanics) then you have ein lacher to do.
    I think people just don't understand how much the game has to offer, and is instead only looking at the gearing aspect of everything. After you gear up there's always trying to get friends irl or from other games into vindi and then you can help them by carrying tough missions like nifl or s3. People need to understand the core of an MMORPG, and that's to have fun with the people you play with.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Item sinks are an important part of the economy. You're killing drop values with this idea, and causing AP to become the primary currency.

So essentially the most efficient AP run in the game would become the only thing worth doing. I think I like raid circuits better.
    Aqua22BloodAngel
    edited November 22, 2016
    Necrochild

Item sinks are an important part of the economy. You're killing drop values with this idea, and causing AP to become the primary currency.

So essentially the most efficient AP run in the game would become the only thing worth doing. I think I like raid circuits better.
    Not really, with new seal shop, tower of struggle and einrach... you can get craft materials so easy that no one will make RAIDs just for craft parts, and all of it will be so cheap that no one would even care. People will do RAIDs only for scrolls, bracelets, the new items which increase stats for 90 lvl, etc.

It's just about allowing weapons to be revived all the time, but without being trade-able, so people wouldn't abuse this feature on alts or to sell stuff on market.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    DesireOfMine

Not really, with new seal shop, tower of struggle and einrach... you can get craft materials so easy that no one will make RAIDs just for craft parts, and all of it will be so cheap that no one would even care. People will do RAIDs only for scrolls, bracelets, the new items which increase stats for 90 lvl, etc.
    The only thing you mentioned that isn't removed from the game when items go boom are bracelets. Also:
    DesireOfMine

It's just about allowing weapons to be revived all the time, but without being trade-able, so people wouldn't abuse this feature on alts or to sell stuff on market.
    HeartCard
    HeartCard said:

4. "Chained" weapons could still be sold in the market. This means you could buy a +11 "Chained" weapon and farm the AP to unchain it and sell it back in the market(or enhance yourself if you want).

Necrochild

DesireOfMine

The only thing you mentioned that isn't removed from the game when items go boom are bracelets.
    The impact on enchant scrolls or stat increase items wouldn't be any huge, since it drops rarely, and people don't destroy their weapons that often, and if someone goes full streak just to get +15 (because he's rich or whatever), they usually enchant only the last weapon which succeeds, not all of them (since obviously it would be a waste of money).
    Also it takes quite a bit of time to get enough AP for revive, unless you would spam AP capsules from cash shop.
    Necrochild

Also:
    DesireOfMine

HeartCard
    HeartCard said:

Well yeah, @HeartCard proposed it, but many people already said that it wouldn't be good if it was tradeable. So if you were talking only about his proposition then ok. But i just wanted to point out that if it wouldn't be tradeable - then there is no issue.