[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Alternative to Ferghus' hand slipping
I know that this would never happen. Even if everyone in the forum loves this idea, it ain't happening and we all know it. I'm making this thread so that people can discuss the IDEA of it. I'm curious what others think of the concept, how well it could work, and how it would affect both the game's community and economy. REALLY interested in discussions about how it would affect the economy.
Instead of gears being destroyed they could be "Chained". The "Chained" system simply slaps a label on a weapon when it would normally be destroyed.
The weapon is NOT destroyed, however it can NEVER be enhanced again unless "Freed" by StrangeTraveler's current "restore destroyed weapons" system.
What's the point of this system you may ask? Easy:
1. A player losing their main +13 weapon is less useful. A player having their main +13 weapon "chained" is unaffected. This also means that players we overall HAVE higher + main weapons since there's no risk involved in trying to enhance them further. You'd be stupid NOT to try and risk going from +13 to +14.
2. This also SUBSTANTIALLY helps lower level players since it would flood the market with +7~+10 "Chained" weapons that nobody wants that they could easily make use of. It also allows them to more easily catch up or handle content solo by simply upgrading their gear til it gets Chained. With all the constant AP farming parites, it would also present the new players a chance to join those parties as well. This is actually a big deal because, by the relaxed nature of Hero nightmare farming, this is a chance for a new player to TALK to other players. This could be the moment they make a few friends in Vindi or even find a guild to take them in, which will help keep them playing for months or years to come.
3. Since the item is still in your inventory, there's no limitation on how far back StrangeTraveler could fix your "Chained" weapon, unlike the current destroyed weapon system.
4. "Chained" weapons could still be sold in the market. This means you could buy a +11 "Chained" weapon and farm the AP to unchain it and sell it back in the market(or enhance yourself if you want).
5. Because of #2 this would promote SIGNIFICANTLY more AP farming. What's this mean? Well aside from more AP farming parties(thus making it easier for players to participate in one lesiurely instead of solo), this ALSO means more gold in the economy from all the constant hero nightmare/etc runs going on. Now that might actually sound like it would inflate gold, but it would also DEVALUE the works of gold sellers. With so many players constantly farming, gold farmers become less effecient and less profitable. Sure it's not a massive cut, but it's something.
Please discuss. I really want to know your thoughts on how this would affect the game.
- Bubble26 votes
This is a terrible idea 27% (7 votes)
This is not a terrible idea 46% (12 votes)
This is a terrible voting option. 27% (7 votes)