[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Almost 200 dollars for a Succubus.

KumatanchitronKumatanchitron
Vindictus Rep: 620
in General Discussion
That is if my math was correct.
This has to be some kind of sick joke.
SomeguywashereChloeValentina

Comments

• BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    close. it would be 120k nxish it would be around £85 sterling so be around $120 ish
  • DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    Shouldn't be surprised lmfao. This is the kinda **** I've learned to expect from this company. At least if someone(and I know there are) is willing to pay for this , they'll get all these runes and **** for their money's worth....I guess.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited July 31, 2018
    How is that remotely surprising? It was offered for a very similar price on KR when first released.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited July 31, 2018
    I was so excited for this. Until I realized the tickets were a thing you had to buy. I'm going to be completely candid here and say, that I am not a whale by any means, I'm actually rather poor and I spent more than I probably should have during the amazon days sale. But all that said I would have willingly paid 30 dollars for the succubus companion. Heck, maybe even as high as 50 on ONE character if Nexon really wanted to gouge me, but 120 dollars is ridiculous and I just don't have the money to buy this succubus. I mean, yeah they'll make some whales happy but they probably could have made more on this item if they sold them at a price point more people would accept, to say nothing of the ill will they'd avoid. 120 dollars is cheaper than the 500 or so the SQ outfitter took at one time, but that 120 dollars still hurts.

Really sucks because the succubus is now and always has been my favorite boss. The design is just plain sexy and cool. And I've never been able to afford any of her related merchandise.

This especially burns my biscuits because I bought an extraction rune January 2017 for 25 dollars
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2206/need-some-info-on-the-extraction-rune/p1
    Only to be told in April: "Oh we're phasing those out in Rise, you'll have to use those up now." I asked for a refund and was flatly refused. What's worse there's a version available now, cheaper. Was it just too much trouble to replace the old stones with the new ones? Why sell me an item that they must have known I wouldn't be able to keep? Why NOT just give me a refund? Every time I think about spending money I think about how I was screwed over there and it grinds my gears, particularly when they ask me to spend THAT much money.
    WilkoRhanfahlChloeValentina
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I was so excited for this. Until I realized the tickets were a thing you had to buy. I'm going to be completely candid here and say, that I am not a whale by any means, I'm actually rather poor and I spent more than I probably should have during the amazon days sale. But all that said I would have willingly paid 30 dollars for the succubus companion. Heck, maybe even as high as 50 on ONE character if Nexon really wanted to gouge me, but 120 dollars is ridiculous and I just don't have the money to buy this succubus.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.
    Vallarie
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    Not surprised since i knew how much it was in KR. Considering what it is though, and the fact that some of the packages aren't entirely ripoffs, the price is where i would expect it to be. Novelty item, I'm waiting for arcana :)
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    I was so excited for this. Until I realized the tickets were a thing you had to buy. I'm going to be completely candid here and say, that I am not a whale by any means, I'm actually rather poor and I spent more than I probably should have during the amazon days sale. But all that said I would have willingly paid 30 dollars for the succubus companion. Heck, maybe even as high as 50 on ONE character if Nexon really wanted to gouge me, but 120 dollars is ridiculous and I just don't have the money to buy this succubus.

Good to see you're still around Gumball. Will never forget your antics on the old boards as Rammus. 10/10. Buy me a succubus?
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited July 31, 2018
    The prices for custom items in every MMO are ridiculous. The 3D model itself with license would cost probably only around 20 dollars. Not to mention that a lot of games can be bought from those 100 dollars on Steam that are worth their money.

These prices are high because they can set any price they want on them. There will always be someone who buys them. It's like those rare items at auctions (except that these are not real rare items), the seller doesn't really want to sell them but there are people who eagerly want to buy them just because they want to have them and they give a lot more money for them than what they are actually worth.

For me this is just a waste of money that could be spent on something more useful. But i don't care what others spend their money on, just good to know how this thing works.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I mean I recall people saying on forums they'd pay $100+ to get an item if it wasn't gachapon
    Vallarie
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Yeah on kr it was around $175 for Succubus. I think they got some backlash so they did a 3 tier Arkana system. Around $100 for just the mate. Around $150 with a few accessories added. And around $175 for the mate and all accessories. Ill need to calculate the prices ag ain tho so take those with a grain of salt.
  • BabyTigerxBabyTigerx
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Can it be used with a standard pet like a gremlin in a dungeon or is it one or the other?
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    It'd be nice if they tied the coupons to some more useful stuff.

Runes and RNG dyes are nice and all, but I'd be more inclined to shell out for real cosmetic packs, or if they were to bring back limited time outfit packages that'd also come with coupons.
  • MaryJaneMaryJane
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    I'm sry ... but am I reading this correctly? SQ only per one character?! Bye
    GhengisJohnIcygoddess
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725

Good to see you're still around Gumball. Will never forget your antics on the old boards as Rammus. 10/10. Buy me a succubus?

Gimme dat gold then I can buy you one. :P
    GhengisJohn
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited August 1, 2018
    I wonder if Dev Cat or Nexon KR have been listening to the customer base?
    Change raids that it is max 4 ppl instead of 8 (You know they could have lower it to at least 6 players)
    The Companion system, first the hand maiden AI was horrible and barely did anything useful, not to mention no emote or actions.
    When the Succubus companion does come out, it is under a $120-$150 (In Canada it might be more expensive) price tag, also locked on a single player on an account. We are promised that they have more action and emotes but once burned by the mate system.

Is there any positive points about getting companion?

Whose was the consultant about this new feature? I am pretty sure we are not dumb sheep like a certain fruit named company who buys anything for insane prices. We might have whales but even them might have trouble swallowing this kind bad deal.

What are the higher up thinking? They treat us like kids by making the game difficulty to easier then a few button clicks , but expects us to fork over 200$ for this?! You might get us in gatcha for now (it is gambling) but they expect us to pay 200$ for a companion which isn't better than a pet, the price is way to high for little kids, teenagers would rather spend that amount on something else(Steam sales). Adults might but hell i got rent to pay so I expect people who get at least 6 figures monthly. I would have love them to try promote this in a live stream and see the backlash.

• SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Get all the money you can.beford shutting down eh?
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    did someone force you to spend all that money on succubus? :O wait... no? then why complaining? O3O <3
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    If it's too expensive for you, you're not its target audience.
    TheDazzling
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    KMonk wrote: »
    If it's too expensive for you, you're not its target audience.

As already pointed out in the thread, much of KR was not a fan of it being over $100 either. Add to that being $100 per character and it's really just a matter of either how little you care about being the personification of an ATM to Nexon or how much money you have to spend that you literally just care nothing about. Many who have the money simply won't support it because of it not being an account-wide unlock. Toss in the fact that many have mentioned that it seems like this was a real part of the reason that they took 8-man away., to encourage this to make parties feel more full, and it seems like a meh deal.

Anyway, considering the kind of money people throw away on games I think it's a bit silly to assume this is just about people being poor. I won't say you're completely wrong, though. There are people buying multiples to make quick gold, and games like Star Citizen prove that whales will dump insane amounts of cash into a game for any and every new shiny. The target audience part you likely hit right on the head.
    GhengisJohn
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited August 1, 2018
    It's not even good

9gU1u4H.png

But it keeps our servers alive, at least it's not direct stats