[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I think I'm quitting

Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
Vindictus Rep: 850
edited June 3, 2018 in Off Topic Discussion
I just tried to make a new weapon, hoping to get it to +13. I couldn't even get it plus 11, even with the gobhicrap stones. Also, I waited a half hour trying to get people to do one of the story missions with me and no one wanted to come. I know I've spent a lot of money on this game and that kills me but I guess I'll just have to think that it went towards the times when I really enjoyed myself. I wish I could give away my stuff though, I have a lot of nice outfits and accessories...
LoyalCasher

Comments

• ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    PM me your details and you won't regret it ;)
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I just tried to make a new weapon, hoping to get it to +13. I couldn't even get it plus 11, even with the gobhicrap stones. Also, I waited a half hour trying to get people to do one of the story missions with me and no one wanted to come. I know I've spent a lot of money on this game and that kills me but I guess I'll just have to think that it went towards the times when I really enjoyed myself. I wish I could give away my stuff though, I have a lot of nice outfits and accessories...

You did know that you could have easily bought stones from the seal shop to 100% your weapon to 11, 12, and 13 right? That is unless you were trying to do a level 95 weapon. If for some reason you decide to stick around, go with a +13 lvl 90 weapon instead of gambling away your hard earned lvl 95 in the pursuit of power. As for story missions, did you make a boat & just sit around and wait or did you use a mega? It also helps to have either a large friends list and/or active guild. Kinda sad to see you turned off by these things when they could easily have been remedied. But if it's your time to go, oh well. Glad you at least had some good times.
    Jinyie
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited June 3, 2018
    Did you use Quick Battle?

Not many people look for boats on the board.
  • AdorkabIeAdorkabIe
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    edited June 3, 2018
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Cloakshire wrote: »

You did know that you could have easily bought stones from the seal shop to 100% your weapon to 11, 12, and 13 right? That is unless you were trying to do a level 95 weapon. If for some reason you decide to stick around, go with a +13 lvl 90 weapon instead of gambling away your hard earned lvl 95 in the pursuit of power. As for story missions, did you make a boat & just sit around and wait or did you use a mega? It also helps to have either a large friends list and/or active guild. Kinda sad to see you turned off by these things when they could easily have been remedied. But if it's your time to go, oh well. Glad you at least had some good times.

I did use a mega, twice actually. None of my friends are on anymore and every guild I join doesn't really talk. I do admit to try and get a +13 level 95, I'm just tired of seeing people with people with better weapons than my +13 level 90 (I keep seeing people with +14s and 15s).
    edited June 4, 2018
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Did you use Quick Battle?

Not many people look for boats on the board.

Yes I always use QB.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690

I did use a mega, twice actually. None of my friends are on anymore and every guild I join doesn't really talk. I do admit to try and get a +13 level 95, I'm just tired of seeing people with people with better weapons than my +13 level 90 (I keep seeing people with +14s and 15s).

They have +14s and +15s cuz they either got lucky or have actually tried and failed multiple copies. You sound a bit salty if you only tried one weapon and gave up. That's not how this works with those odds. I wish it worked another way but unfortunately this is how it is.
    noctred
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited June 4, 2018
    I do admit to try and get a +13 level 95, I'm just tired of seeing people with people with better weapons than my +13 level 90 (I keep seeing people with +14s and 15s).

Most people who enhance their own 95's go through many, many weapons before finally breaking through to +13 - let's not even talk about +14 or +15. How many did you go through? One?

Aside from some people who just get extremely lucky, gearing in this game is a process. If you choose to do your own enhancing, it's fine to sit on your free +13 90 until you finally succeed on a 95. Don't worry so much about what other people have.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    It's always nice when someone quits their addiction.

Good luck!
    Kindness
    Emerthyst wrote: »

They have +14s and +15s cuz they either got lucky or have actually tried and failed multiple copies. You sound a bit salty if you only tried one weapon and gave up. That's not how this works with those odds. I wish it worked another way but unfortunately this is how it is.

This was the third time I tried ><;
    It's always nice when someone quits their addiction.

Good luck!

Thank you!
    noctred wrote: »
    I do admit to try and get a +13 level 95, I'm just tired of seeing people with people with better weapons than my +13 level 90 (I keep seeing people with +14s and 15s).

Most people who enhance their own 95's go through many, many weapons before finally breaking through to +13 - let's not even talk about +14 or +15. How many did you go through? One?

Aside from some people who just get extremely lucky, gearing in this game is a process. If you choose to do your own enhancing, it's fine to sit on your free +13 90 until you finally succeed on a 95. Don't worry so much about what other people have.

This was a third attempt. I wouldn't "worry" so much but when I come in 3rd or 4th place in raids I feel like I'm not pulling my weight...
  • noctrednoctred
    I wouldn't "worry" so much but when I come in 3rd or 4th place in raids I feel like I'm not pulling my weight...

That's silly.

Somebody always has to be 3rd and 4th - hardly means all of those people are dead weight. There's no shame in getting outdamaged by people who are more geared and/or more experienced than you. Just focus on learning the bosses and upgrade your gear over time, and you'll see your damage output improve eventually.
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I wouldn't "worry" so much but when I come in 3rd or 4th place in raids I feel like I'm not pulling my weight...

That's silly.

Somebody always has to be 3rd and 4th - hardly means all of those people are dead weight. There's no shame in getting outdamaged by people who are more geared and/or more experienced than you. Just focus on learning the bosses and upgrade your gear over time, and you'll see your damage output improve eventually.
    It's not that silly

if you join a battle and deal less than 5% of the damage because you happen to join a battle with people who could single handedly bring about the apocalypses with their stats it not only feels terrible as the battle didn't have a chance to get interesting but you might as well have not been there

Honestly it's more of an issue with how stats work at this point as well as some of the newer fights having some silly requirements one way or another
    I've noticed the difference between me having a +11 weapon and a +12 weapon is on average an increase on my damage % based on time in battle is about 15%
    and from my understanding of Add damage the more you have the more effective the individual numbers become

in otherwords a battle where i'd normally have 25% damage in lets say 10 mins at +11 at +15 i'd have more than 70% with only the weapon upgrades

• noctrednoctred
    Sir_Render wrote: »
    if you join a battle and deal less than 5% of the damage because you happen to join a battle with people who could single handedly bring about the apocalypses with their stats it not only feels terrible as the battle didn't have a chance to get interesting but you might as well have not been there

He said 3rd/4th, not 5%. Big difference.

If you're doing 5% with a +13 90 (which he has) and budget scrolled free 90 armor + some cheap accessories, the problem is most likely not your gear. Let's not pretend that every boat is filled with players w/ 5k+ ADD and capped ALR.

Sir_Render wrote: »

He said 3rd/4th, not 5%. Big difference.

If you're doing 5% with a +13 90 (which he has) and budget scrolled free 90 armor + some cheap accessories, the problem is most likely not your gear. Let's not pretend that every boat is filled with players w/ 5k+ ADD and capped ALR.

Thing is, when I come in third or fourth, I check the other players' equipment. Even if their weapon isn't that much better than me, a lot of people have the rings and belt and book I haven't been able to afford. This too is kinda making me want to quit because I feel underequipped.
    boo4u wrote: »
    Why do people need to know you're quitting?

I thought I'd just say so since a lot of topics on this board is about Vindi dying/can Vindi be revived?
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    If you don't want to work for the gear you're seeing as better than yours, then it's time to open your wallet or actually quit. Not trying to be mean, this is exactly how I see it. Those accessories are well within your reach if not the +14 and +15s. Most of the current 14s and 15s were made before the RIse update when rates were higher for this enhancement level. BTW 3 attempts is nothing and I along with many other veterans have been in your position before. Getting the stats to pull your weight can be done without spending money, but it seems what you want is more than just that. Don't get caught worrying about how much you're contributing to the party and just enjoy the run.
    noctred
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited June 4, 2018
    @Vintage_Wine
    Just gonna drop one of my quotes here because I feel it's relevant since we're talking about +'ing gear now.

Drachus wrote: »
    The gearing system is bullshit because it makes players feel **** about themselves. You can't tell me that it isn't a slap in the face when someone tries their first weapon and it goes to +15 and you tried more than 50 weapons and none of them went above +13*. And no you won't be happy with a +13 lv90 weapon and +8 armor because you are gonna feel **** in raids because you will lack the power to contribute in any way.

I'll answer the first point with one statement. It's only a slap in the face if you're worried about what other people have.

Also, whether or not someone will be happy with +13 lvl 90 weapon & +8 armor is purely subjective. I personally have a +6 to +8 armor set with a +13 weapon and I'm content with what I have as well as my performance in raids. My stats are 40.2k Power (25.6k ATT/14.6K DEF) and 202 Tech (90 Bal/111 Crit). Typically in raids, I'll be in either 2nd or 3rd, but when there's a whale or two in the party, I'm gonna be last with ~14%. But you know what? I'm okay with that because in my eyes, damage is still damage. If the party wiped when the boss had 14% hp left, then the 14% I would have dealt makes a difference. Sometimes I get 1st place in raids and it feels so much sweeter because I'm not fully geared, but yet I still beat people with both more ATT and more Additional damage than me. So while I lack power, I can still contribute.

I thought I'd just say so since a lot of topics on this board is about Vindi dying/can Vindi be revived?
    Can we not add to the circle jerk of dead game threads that's already a disease on these forums?
  • TechnicallyTechnically
    Vindictus Rep: 450
    I apologize for skipping past all of the other posts aside from yours Vintage, but i have felt exactly how you do and it is quite stressful. Just to offer one last piece of encouragement, Pandemoniums is a guild made up of many veteran and top 10 ranking players that would be happy to help ease your woes.

Hopefully you can find the joy in this game again, and if not, best of luck to you on your next adventure. Remember, if it was easy, it'd be boring!
    JinyieCloakshire