[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

This Time The Erratum Cost Me $ & I Wanna Refund!!

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
edited March 23, 2018 in Bug Reporting
Ok, first off i was all excited about finally Enhancing my Twin-Swords to +12 or +13 & i got KARMA KOIN & bought an
Enhancement Rune 97FkRW7.png

& a Destruction Safeguard Rune Xb1Vw6k.png

Then i proceeded to go to see Drunky (Fergus) & preform the Enhancement, but when i "tried" to start it, i was told basically i couldnt because the swords are bound to me & considered to because FIMPhiy.jpg Yet it says in the description of the Twin-Swords (as you can see per the picture) "Max Enhance Level 20" So why the hell does it say that if it cant be enhanced anymore & how was i able to enhance them to +10 to begin with?!?!?!?! Now ive had problems before with this crap & im tired of it & this time on top of it it cost me "REAL MONEY!" Id like to be contacted by someone from Nexon & either given a GOOD explenation of why im wrong or misunderstood, or id like the points i paid for & used to buy the runes refunded & they can gladly have the runes back in exchange. If not im sorry but i never thought id say this but........If not Im Through With Vindictus & Anything Nexon For Good" Between them (in my opinion & alot of others) ruining the game with that damned Rise update crap & their way of making extra $ by tricking &/or decieving players im tired of this crapolla......

aSlSJHz.jpg

P.S. BTW...erratum means 1. an error in writing or printing. or 2. a statement of an error and its correction inserted, usually on a separate page or slip of paper, in a book or other publication; corrigendum.

TI7VqfC.jpg
  1. Do You Think I Misunderstood & Am Wrong or Right & I Deserve A Refund or an Explanation?8 votes
    1. Yes Your Right & You Deserve One Of The Two, A Refund &/or Explanation......
       25% (2 votes)
    2. Hell No You Are Wrong & Misunderstood & Dont Deserve Anything Except Maybe New Glasses......
       75% (6 votes)

Comments

• FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    Could you provide a screenshot of the bottom of your weapon's tooltip like you did with the other?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those swords from the Lv. 90 Package that gives you the free +10 purple armor and weapon? If so:

1. You cannot use an enhancement rune to enhance a +10 item; you'll need a premium enhance rune to enhance the item to +11, and special runes to enhance the item to+12 and onward.
    2. The item is purple - You will not be able to enhance the item past +12. You'll need to replace the purple shards on the item with orange grade shards. Going back to the first comment, you cannot use a regular enhancement rune (those only work for enhance levels 0 - 10). You'll need a Premium Enhancement Rune and other special runes.
    3. If the +10 swords are from the Lv. 90 Package that gives free 90 gear, those gears by default are permabound to the character that has opened them and are considered restored items. A Destruction Safeguard rune will NOT work on these items because they have no unbinds on them.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    edited March 23, 2018
    Furiel wrote: »
    Could you provide a screenshot of the bottom of your weapon's tooltip like you did with the other?

Umm...that is the screenshot of the bottom of my weapon, why would i have posted a screenshot of another weapon instead of mine? Oh ok, lolz, nevermind i know why, because there's alot of lazy complacent idiots here in the forums...Gotcha xD Jgh4cYo.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 23, 2018
    Wyldstorm wrote: »
    How was i able to enhance them to +10 to begin with?!?!?!?!

The answer: You probably didn't

☑ +10 weapon
    ☑ Enhanced Divine Punishment Enchants
    ☑ Purple
    ☑ Classic 135 Durability
    ☑ Cannot be Dismantled

Yup, those are the free weapons you get from the lvl 90 packages. Nice try son...

But hey, look on the bright side. Now you've got runes for when you make yourself a real weapon :D
    P.S. The Destruction Safeguard rune is trash. Why would you even buy those?
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Ok, first off why do you (Cloakshire) seem to take pleasure in my problem/misery? Thats a hater trait...oh thats right i covered this in the last post to Furiel...qK15Ni5.gif

But to address your & QueenOfMana's statement/question, if what both of you say is true then i guess i did get them from a package, its been so long since i got them...BUT...that still doesnt answer my original question. All this info & i still want to know..."Why does it say ON THEM that they are enhancable to +20?
    b0ceuOm.jpg

I think the problem here is the same as usual.....In your own words CloakShire...Son, you just didnt take the time to read the question...you saw it...but didnt read it...sBAJlFp.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    It says enhanceable to 20 because the main essence is orange, and that's the determining factor. If I blow up a weapon at +13 it doesn't change to say "Max enhance level 13". So these swords were either blown up at one point or they are from a giveaway package.

If these are giveaway swords, they're not from the character level up rewards because those ones have purple main essences. They might just be from an old event.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited March 25, 2018
    Ok, first off why do you (Cloakshire) seem to take pleasure in my problem/misery? Thats a hater trait...oh thats right i covered this in the last post to Furiel..

I'll admit that my initial reply wasn't the best way to go about it, and any reasoning behind why I did so won't make it right. But seeing as you asked, I'll answer your question with a serious reply.

The simple answer is that I didn't take your post seriously. There are a few factors that play into why I thought this way. These reasons aren't meant to offend, but rather to illustrate the vibe that I got from your original post

#1. The way you started off with the title demanding a refund. Playing the whole "I spent money," excuse. This comes off to me as you acting self-entitled which is a trait I absolutely despise.

#2. Your post doesn't even belong in the bug reporting section of forums. You should have made this under general discussions as a simple question. Had you done that I would have been more than happy to give you a straight answer.

#3. The fact that you came straight here making this post shows to me that you didn't put in enough effort to find the answer on your own. You could have done more research into the mechanics of the composite system, asked a question in the appropriate forum, or even whispered another player in game. All three options probably would have yielded you the correct explanation and saved you the trouble of having to make this unnecessary bug report thread.

#4. In your original post you asked the question "How was I able to get them to +10 in the first place?" This sounds like you're trying to pass off the false claim that you enhanced yourself when in fact you didn't. You also got extremely defensive in your reply to Furiel when all they did was ask for a screenshot.

With that being said, it's not that I enjoy your misfortune, but rather stopped taking you seriously when I observed your lack of initiative/attentiveness. I'm not saying that these traits embody you, but rather this is simply what I saw. Again, I'm not using these reasons to justify the way I acted, but simply to explain why which is what you asked.

Oh, why are you comparing my post to Furiel's? All they did was ask you to post a screenshot which is entirely different from what I said so I fail to see how you're lumping us together into the same boat.
    But to address your & QueenOfMana's statement/question, if what both of you say is true then i guess i did get them from a package, its been so long since i got them...BUT...that still doesnt answer my original question. All this info & i still want to know..."Why does it say ON THEM that they are enhancable to +20?

Because the core of the weapon is orange which has a max enhancement of + 20. The core determines the maxed quality, Max enhancement, and Max and enchant rank.
    I think the problem here is the same as usual.....In your own words CloakShire...Son, you just didnt take the time to read the question...you saw it...but didnt read it...

I did read your post in its entirety, and I take any post I read literally at face value, but in your case I stopped taking you seriously for the reasons I mentioned above. I started to view you as a potentially ignorant player with a self entitlement complex, so I instead replied in a much more snobbier/troll'ish fashion to rile you up rather than giving you the straight answer you were most likely seeking.

Does this make me look like an ass? Yup, and I'm honestly okay with that.
  • FurielFuriel

Umm...that is the screenshot of the bottom of my weapon, why would i have posted a screenshot of another weapon instead of mine? Oh ok, lolz, nevermind i know why, because there's alot of lazy complacent idiots here in the forums...Gotcha xD Jgh4cYo.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg

You can literally see that you're able to scroll down to the bottom of your purple swords though.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    You can literally see that you're able to scroll down to the bottom of your purple swords though.

Im sorry i guess im lost now, lolz, i thought thats what you asked Furiel wrote - "Could you provide a screenshot of the bottom of your weapon's tooltip like you did with the other?" That is my purple swords, i held shift down with my left hand & scrolled down, then clicked the screenshot button. Maybe i dont understand what you want, im posting a game video of me showing the sword information/stats & scrolling down to the bottom of them. Im hoping that what you wanted will be shown there - https://mega.nz/#!gbQD1Jqb!FCXuKhlR-3FcV-4K7v6jNUrESbYJQhQQhzbrFh5riIQ

If thats not what u wanted to see jus lemme know & ill try to get it right the next time xD

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Ok, first off why do you (Cloakshire) seem to take pleasure in my problem/misery? Thats a hater trait...oh thats right i covered this in the last post to Furiel..

I'll admit that my initial reply wasn't the best way to go about it, and any reasoning behind why I did so won't make it right. But seeing as you asked, I'll answer your question with a serious reply.

The simple answer is that I didn't take your post seriously. There are a few factors that play into why I thought this way. These reasons aren't meant to offend, but rather to illustrate the vibe that I got from your original post

#1. The way you started off with the title demanding a refund. Playing the whole "I spent money," excuse. This comes off to me as you acting self-entitled which is a trait I absolutely despise.

#2. Your post doesn't even belong in the bug reporting section of forums. You should have made this under general discussions as a simple question. Had you done that I would have been more than happy to give you a straight answer.

#3. The fact that you came straight here making this post shows to me that you didn't put in enough effort to find the answer on your own. You could have done more research into the mechanics of the composite system, asked a question in the appropriate forum, or even whispered another player in game. All three options probably would have yielded you the correct explanation and saved you the trouble of having to make this unnecessary bug report thread.

#4. In your original post you asked the question "How was I able to get them to +10 in the first place?" This sounds like you're trying to pass off the false claim that you enhanced yourself when in fact you didn't. You also got extremely defensive in your reply to Furiel when all they did was ask for a screenshot.

With that being said, it's not that I enjoy your misfortune, but rather stopped taking you seriously when I observed your lack of initiative/attentiveness. I'm not saying that these traits embody you, but rather this is simply what I saw. Again, I'm not using these reasons to justify the way I acted, but simply to explain why which is what you asked.

Oh, why are you comparing my post to Furiel's? All they did was ask you to post a screenshot which is entirely different from what I said so I fail to see how you're lumping us together into the same boat.

Because the core of the weapon is orange which has a max enhancement of + 20. The core determines the maxed quality, Max enhancement, and Max and enchant rank.
    I think the problem here is the same as usual.....In your own words CloakShire...Son, you just didnt take the time to read the question...you saw it...but didnt read it...

I did read your post in its entirety, and I take any post I read literally at face value, but in your case I stopped taking you seriously for the reasons I mentioned above. I started to view you as a potentially ignorant player with a self entitlement complex, so I instead replied in a much more snobbier/troll'ish fashion to rile you up rather than giving you the straight answer you were most likely seeking.

Does this make me look like an ass? Yup, and I'm honestly okay with that.

Thanks for not biting my head off in the post & sorry i was inna well...not so good mood that day, so heres some serious reasons/answers/(excuses) to your serious ones -

#1. The "I Spent Money" thing wasnt an excuse & i wasnt playing, i bought NX & then bought the runes from the Supply Depot & ive had other problems with Vindi thats cost me money & i was/am tired of it. Thats why i went onto ask in the post if i missed something/didnt see or know something that said they couldnt be enhanced any higher.

#2. The reason i posted it in the Bugs section was that i didnt know if there was a mistake in the description on the swords about the max enhanncement level. This is a defenition of a "bug" i copied from the results from Google, its basically the same as the other answers i got - "A software bug (or just “bug”) is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, fault or “undocumented feature” in a computer program that prevents it from behaving as intended (e.g., producing an incorrect result). That sounds like what i thought might have happened. So i guess this is a case of ones own outlook on the condition. Personally i think its a bit critical to base how you answer a post based on whether the person had it in the right area. Whether you agree i had it in the right area or not doesnt discount the validity of my question, it was honestly posted where i thought it was supposed to go.

#3. First off your making an invalid & unsupported assumption by saying "i came straight here" I reread my post & looked for a time somewhere that stated when the screenshot was taken or that i had done this even the same day, so why did/do you assume i came straight here after? An how do you even know that i did or didnt do any research on it before i came here? Am i being watched by your drone or something? *looks outside for some kind of surveillance* I actually think its extremely arrogant & presumptious of you to assume so many things that have no basis in fact that you "think" i did/didnt do before i came here.

#4. I said "how was i able to" because ive had those swords on that character for a long time & shes not my main, i actually had just started playing her again, so i honestly thought i had enhanced them and that was my mistake, i "assumed" i had done the enhancing. An "extremely defensive"? i said - "Umm...that is the screenshot of the bottom of my weapon, why would i have posted a screenshot of another weapon instead of mine? Oh ok, lolz, nevermind i know why, because there's alot of lazy complacent idiots here in the forums...Gotcha xD" I was stating a fact & asking a question after & in case you misunderstood the last sentence, i wasnt reffering to her, i was talking about other people in the forums who are to lazy to take a screenshot of their own item & just google a like source.

An no you are right when you said "lack of initiative/attentiveness" I am generaly that way Fnc5VIi.gif
    An i compared your post to Furiel's & said "I covered that in the last post" because i was reffering to my comment about lazy complacent people in the forums, i say lazy because of all the assumptions you made about me & the post i made & complacent because (defenition of complacent) - "pleased, especially with oneself or one's merits, advantages, situation, etc., often without awareness of some potential danger or defect" You were comfortable/unaware that the assumptions that you made about myself & what i had posted were correct, which they werent (most anyway, i am usually unattentive & lack proper initiative xD)

I feel the same as you tbh, so im going to borrow (steal xD) your statement at the end of your post - "Does this make me look like an ass? Yup, and I'm honestly okay with that".....U6pWklz.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • FurielFuriel

Im sorry i guess im lost now, lolz, i thought thats what you asked Furiel wrote - "Could you provide a screenshot of the bottom of your weapon's tooltip like you did with the other?" That is my purple swords, i held shift down with my left hand & scrolled down, then clicked the screenshot button. Maybe i dont understand what you want, im posting a game video of me showing the sword information/stats & scrolling down to the bottom of them. Im hoping that what you wanted will be shown there - https://mega.nz/#!gbQD1Jqb!FCXuKhlR-3FcV-4K7v6jNUrESbYJQhQQhzbrFh5riIQ

If thats not what u wanted to see jus lemme know & ill try to get it right the next time xD

TI7VqfC.jpg

Hm... All I see is a black screen, but anyways, let me explain what I think the picture is missing:
    - The bottom of the tooltip showing the remaining unbinds (if it has any), whether it has been restored or not, and whether it is bound to your character or not
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited March 27, 2018
    Thanks for not biting my head off in the post & sorry i was inna well...not so good mood that day, so heres some serious reasons/answers/(excuses) to your serious ones -

#1. The "I Spent Money" thing wasnt an excuse & i wasnt playing, i bought NX & then bought the runes from the Supply Depot & ive had other problems with Vindi thats cost me money & i was/am tired of it. Thats why i went onto ask in the post if i missed something/didnt see or know something that said they couldnt be enhanced any higher.

#2. The reason i posted it in the Bugs section was that i didnt know if there was a mistake in the description on the swords about the max enhanncement level. This is a defenition of a "bug" i copied from the results from Google, its basically the same as the other answers i got - "A software bug (or just “bug”) is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, fault or “undocumented feature” in a computer program that prevents it from behaving as intended (e.g., producing an incorrect result). That sounds like what i thought might have happened. So i guess this is a case of ones own outlook on the condition. Personally i think its a bit critical to base how you answer a post based on whether the person had it in the right area. Whether you agree i had it in the right area or not doesnt discount the validity of my question, it was honestly posted where i thought it was supposed to go.

#3. First off your making an invalid & unsupported assumption by saying "i came straight here" I reread my post & looked for a time somewhere that stated when the screenshot was taken or that i had done this even the same day, so why did/do you assume i came straight here after? An how do you even know that i did or didnt do any research on it before i came here? Am i being watched by your drone or something? *looks outside for some kind of surveillance* I actually think its extremely arrogant & presumptious of you to assume so many things that have no basis in fact that you "think" i did/didnt do before i came here.

#4. I said "how was i able to" because ive had those swords on that character for a long time & shes not my main, i actually had just started playing her again, so i honestly thought i had enhanced them and that was my mistake, i "assumed" i had done the enhancing. An "extremely defensive"? i said - "Umm...that is the screenshot of the bottom of my weapon, why would i have posted a screenshot of another weapon instead of mine? Oh ok, lolz, nevermind i know why, because there's alot of lazy complacent idiots here in the forums...Gotcha xD" I was stating a fact & asking a question after & in case you misunderstood the last sentence, i wasnt reffering to her, i was talking about other people in the forums who are to lazy to take a screenshot of their own item & just google a like source.

An no you are right when you said "lack of initiative/attentiveness" I am generaly that way Fnc5VIi.gif
    An i compared your post to Furiel's & said "I covered that in the last post" because i was reffering to my comment about lazy complacent people in the forums, i say lazy because of all the assumptions you made about me & the post i made & complacent because (defenition of complacent) - "pleased, especially with oneself or one's merits, advantages, situation, etc., often without awareness of some potential danger or defect" You were comfortable/unaware that the assumptions that you made about myself & what i had posted were correct, which they werent (most anyway, i am usually unattentive & lack proper initiative xD)

I feel the same as you tbh, so im going to borrow (steal xD) your statement at the end of your post - "Does this make me look like an ass? Yup, and I'm honestly okay with that".....U6pWklz.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg

Not that I'm trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but I'm kinda enjoying the "conversation" now. After reading your replies, which I was looking forward to, I have some replies of my own. Granted, most of these replies are just my opinion & explaining my reasoning so please take them with a grain of salt.

#1. See now that makes sense. Since you've had issues in the past with NX, I can definitely understand the frustration. I agree that the thread title served its purpose by getting some attention, but it still kinda rubbed me the wrong way at the time. Now that I know your reasoning, I get it, but at the same time, I feel like there would have been a better way to title it without giving that false impression. I'm not saying that everyone interpreted it the way that I did, but I'm sure that you can look at the title from a 3rd party point of view and see how I made that assumption. Still, this is your thread, not mine, so the decision is all yours.

#2. I guess the reason I'm so critical of things being posted in the right area, especially the bug/tech support area of the forums, is because I see so many posts that aren't bugs but rather just an oversight on the player. After a while I just kinda feel like taking the OP and....
    tenor.gif
    I know I could easily give an answer and politely suggest that next time people use the appropriate forum, but sometimes the frustration levels get the better of me.

#3 Now this one..... well, I may come off as abrasive but I don't mean it that way. It's true that I made a claim without any prior knowledge as to what you did before making this post, therefore I would agree that I displayed a certain level of presumptuous vibes. But, at the same time, I'm still confident that I was right on those assumptions based on the fact that it would have been much easier to find the answer by asking another player in game. Most people would take the path of least resistance and asking another player in game seems far easier than making a whole post in my opinion. I figured that you didn't do that because if you would have done so, you wouldn't have needed to make the post. The only other reason I'm confident I was right on my assumption is that that while you did point out in your reply that I was being arrogant/presumptuous, which I can agree with, you didn't say I was wrong.

#4 This one... I'm sure you can believe that some players try an abuse the system to try and get free things. Creating elaborate stories, providing false/doctored information. While I personally didn't believe you were doing this at first, I didn't eliminate the possibility in my mind that you were capable of doing it. I'm the type of person that tries to keep every possible scenario considered. Sorry but it's just the way I am. Combine this with your reply to Furiel:

"Why would i have posted a screenshot of another weapon instead of mine? Oh ok, lolz, nevermind i know why, because there's alot of lazy complacent idiots here in the forums...Gotcha xD."

While you did clarify the meaning behind this reply, prior to your clarification, this could have been interpreted as someone who just got called out and is now playing the whole: "Oh no, I totally didn't do this one specific thing that you may be indirectly accusing me of (even though I did)." defense card. Combine that with you asking the question about how you were able to enhance the obviously un-enhance'able weapons, you can see how I put 2 and 2 together to make the assumption that you were being defensive. The only thing I can say right now is that I'm sorry for having thought of you that way, and I hope you can at least understand my initial perspective. This is no longer my view as you've now thoroughly explained your reasoning.

I wouldn't describe myself as lazy & complacent. Complacent, definitely, but lazy? A lazy person makes blind assumptions and based on my two lengthy replies, my assumptions did have some thought behind them at least. XD