[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The Quality of the Translations

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Elyr wrote: »
    Why put any effort when Google Translator is free of charge and can be used by anybody.

Because google translate is garbage when translating sentences and conversations. It can do the basic words in korean but past that its VERY inaccurate.

I think you need to check your irony detector

Not quite sure what you mean but more or less I'd rather discuss of what the thread was made for tbh. I'm not here for an argument or discussions about my experiences with google translate.
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Why put any effort when Google Translator is free of charge and can be used by anybody.

Because google translate is garbage when translating sentences and conversations. It can do the basic words in korean but past that its VERY inaccurate.

Not quite sure what you mean but more or less I'd rather discuss of what the thread was made for tbh. I'm not here for an argument or discussions about my experiences with google translate.

That post was ironic, as in "Nexon already uses Google Translate and doesn't have to pay for an actual translator, why look for one and waste money?"
    They're not saying you use Google Translate, but that Nexon does. Everyone knows how shitty Translate is, and wait why am I even explaining some grade school level of irony?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

That post was ironic, as in "Nexon already uses Google Translate and doesn't have to pay for an actual translator, why look for one and waste money?"
    They're not saying you use Google Translate, but that Nexon does. Everyone knows how shitty Translate is, and wait why am I even explaining some grade school level of irony?

Context is a powerful thing. Not every human being in the world will be on the same page. But considering how you are replying to me then i shall respond in kind. Consider this my final reply to you specifically due to the context you just used that was perceived.

That being said back to the topic of the thread. Or we can let the thread be closed. Community/NXA decision xD
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Look at the forums, man. We have threads on the front page that I don't even have words for. Nexon doesn't give two fks about NA/EU/AUS. No live streams for new content, garbage events, and zero policing of the forums. You're wasting your time and energy.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Look at the forums, man. We have threads on the front page that I don't even have words for. Nexon doesn't give two fks about NA/EU/AUS. No live streams for new content, garbage events, and zero policing of the forums. You're wasting your time and energy.

I made the thread as a discussion with the community. This has nothing to do with Nexon in terms of my intentions considering i dont play here. I simply get reports from players from this server in the discord and decided to hear what their opinion was about the topic, not about Nexon.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Skimmed through the thread, but basically we have a guy who actually cares about his job and wants to do translations correct? You're NOT hired, said the men in Nexon HQ.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited February 27, 2018
    Jeyem wrote: »
    Skimmed through the thread, but basically we have a guy who actually cares about his job and wants to do translations correct? You're NOT hired, said the men in Nexon HQ.

Well I've never done it as a job xD I did apply once about.....near 1.5 years ago but that was ignored all together xD But I'm more worried about the translation quality in general. They've been bad and Miri really shows that it's fallen off of a cliff.
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    Speaking of translations, think you or someone else could translate Arisha's whip skills, or at least what they do? I've noticed it's been a while and nothing of the sort has come up for the weapon despite it being released to live server in KR a while ago.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Raijinn wrote: »
    Speaking of translations, think you or someone else could translate Arisha's whip skills, or at least what they do? I've noticed it's been a while and nothing of the sort has come up for the weapon despite it being released to live server in KR a while ago.

Failed the hype test, so it kinda got brushed over for information spreading
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    edited February 27, 2018
    Puppyman wrote: »

Failed the hype test, so it kinda got brushed over for information spreading

Yeah, I noticed when practically nothing showed up regarding the weapon for a while. I'd still like to know what the skills do at least. Probably a weapon I'll still use occasionally.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I did translate the names a while back but as to what they do I never bothered to study the weapon itself on how the skills work. I just lost all hype towards that weapon after testing it on test server and then seeing it wasn't really improved to make it an actual good weapon for my tastes. I'll dig them up after I have woken up later today because I need sleep xD
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Though i do through translation suggestions dont get a response 100% so i guess what i mean to ask is what is the communities thoughts on this?

I'm going to quote you since you feel that my response was not on topic. The community is telling you, and has multiple times in this thread, that Nexon NA doesn't give af about the game's state anymore other than letting it limp on and milk money from the whales who can't stop whaling, and the minnows who hop in and spend without thinking. They don't care, and you're wasting your time trying to submit translations to them.

If you want to do it for NA/EU/AUS out of the goodness of your heart and place it in Future Content or the guides section then I'm sure it will be appreciated, but Nexon doesn't care about the quality of this game at all anymore.

It amazes me that after the way the NA staff abandoned the DN forums right before they sold the game off to another publisher that people don't read the silence here from GMs, CMs, and most community staff for what it is. They don't care, it's that simple. They even seemed to have axed Aquatroll, and that dude lived to be a sore spot on the forums and did it for free.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Though i do through translation suggestions dont get a response 100% so i guess what i mean to ask is what is the communities thoughts on this?

I'm going to quote you since you feel that my response was not on topic. The community is telling you, and has multiple times in this thread, that Nexon NA doesn't give af about the game's state anymore other than letting it limp on and milk money from the whales who can't stop whaling, and the minnows who hop in and spend without thinking. They don't care, and you're wasting your time trying to submit translations to them.

If you want to do it for NA/EU/AUS out of the goodness of your heart and place it in Future Content or the guides section then I'm sure it will be appreciated, but Nexon doesn't care about the quality of this game at all anymore.

It amazes me that after the way the NA staff abandoned the DN forums right before they sold the game off to another publisher that people don't read the silence here from GMs, CMs, and most community staff for what it is. They don't care, it's that simple. They even seemed to have axed Aquatroll, and that dude lived to be a sore spot on the forums and did it for free.

But I'm asking about the translations. Not Nexon :(
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited February 28, 2018

And yes these are music theme'd skill names KR did. A lot of us were confused on why but hey. DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

Whip Mastery
    Mana Dissonance
    Marcatto Rush
    Stringendo Slap
    Mana Agrément
    Active: Motivation
    Mana Vice
    Rinforzando Finé
    Beat It
    Pestissimo Beat It
    Batuta
    Active: Inspiration
    Active: Baton Waltz
    Screaming Choir
    Receding Interlude
    Active: Mana Capriccio
    Active: Crescendo Symphony

If you want to see the names in game so you have an idea on which skill is which then I can arrange for that xD
    LoLoBooty
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    edited March 1, 2018
    I think I found a video demonstrating the skills a few days ago. Worst case scenario I'll just wait until it releases here in NA and see what the skills do, myself. I was mostly curious about one or two skills that looked to be some kind of buff, and any skills that have block or i-frames.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited March 1, 2018
    knowing how to properly translate KR-English is a valuable skill these days.I know you are passionate about the game but I'd say don't waste your time on a company that doesn't give 2 shits about the satellite versions of its game
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    Nexon go hire him, but please hire me for I find many bugs and I fix them di4Hd7o.png
    dPpUidk.gif