[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thus, the age of p2w arrived

ElyrElyr
Vindictus Rep: 2,430
edited February 22, 2018 in General Discussion
This post comes after a new package on sale in the depot, the New Beginnings Package, and especially one of its content, the Sentient Epaulet:

jBrsxQk.png

This is, to my knowledge, the first time we get something in the shop that gives a clear unfillable gap to cashers. Sure, we have Runes and Gacha already, but they only make life easier for people willing to spend money while f2p will have to take a more bumpy road to reach te same result. This time it's very different as the item offered not only gives a lot of stats (5 crit and 500 m/atk ruining rankings more than they already are), there is no actual other way for f2p to fill the gap.

At this point, there's only one thing I'd like to say:

Thanks Nexon, please make more items like this and my wallet will always be open
Sir_Renderdaws360

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Question: What can you even 'win' in this game with 500 m/att and 5 crit?
    A slightly higher score in the rankings gives you absolutely nothing other than maybe something to brag about and PvP is pretty much not used anymore (at least in EU) so I don't exactly see a 'pay2win'-problem here.

Also, the package is only available for a month.
  • ElyrElyr
    Karijuna wrote: »
    Question: What can you even 'win' in this game with 500 m/att and 5 crit?
    A slightly higher score in the rankings gives you absolutely nothing other than maybe something to brag about and PvP is pretty much not used anymore (at least in EU) so I don't exactly see a 'pay2win'-problem here.

Also, the package is only available for a month.

With Balor coming and new stats cap this will actually greatly help people who still go around with level 90 weapons. And even if it's available for a month, it doesn't mean you can't buy it enough times to have it pretty much permanent
  • uncledolanuncledolan
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    puny P2W bonus
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Player 2 Whine?
  • StardomStardom
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Elyr wrote: »
    This post comes after a new package on sale in the depot, the New Beginnings Package, and especially one of its content, the Sentient Epaulet:

This is, to my knowledge, the first time we get something in the shop that gives a clear unfillable gap to cashers. Sure, we have Runes and Gacha already, but they only make life easier for people willing to spend money while f2p will have to take a more bumpy road to reach te same result. This time it's very different as the item offered not only gives a lot of stats (5 crit and 500 m/atk ruining rankings more than they already are), there is no actual other way for f2p to fill the gap.

Thanks Nexon, please make more items like this and my wallet will always be open

This is not paying to win; mix-max-ing is not a requirement or goal to finish or beat the game. If you want to min-max the option is there, but really it's not required at all unless you care about leadership on the board which doesn't even matter like how the pvp in this game really does not matter too. IF you really really really want to make a "small" different and focus on min-max you can buy it. That's it nothing more, its temporary. That is how I view it. A lot of the time the players that REALLY REALLY do care about min max are the reason why this game is not dead yet or gone off servers. All people do is complain about it, but it is literal fact that the money from the whales are what keeps this game afloat right now.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    edited February 22, 2018
    Don't worry, I thank the whales every day and pray to the four winds they don't stop pouring the money in. F*** the dolphins and the smaller fish, those aren't the heroes, only whales matter in this game. And it's a literal fact.
    Sir_Render
  • ElyrElyr
    Stardom wrote: »
    Elyr wrote: »

This is not paying to win; mix-max-ing is not a requirement or goal to finish or beat the game. If you want to min-max the option is there, but really it's not required at all unless you care about leadership on the board which doesn't even matter like how the pvp in this game really does not matter too. IF you really really really want to make a "small" different and focus on min-max you can buy it. That's it nothing more, its temporary. That is how I view it. A lot of the time the players that REALLY REALLY do care about min max are the reason why this game is not dead yet or gone off servers. All people do is complain about it, but it is literal fact that the money from the whales are what keeps this game afloat right now.

5 crit is anything but small, actually. Still, I'm actually pretty glad we got this, I'll hoard a few myself before the sale ends
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited February 22, 2018
    Tbh, if you're willing to shell out for extra stats more power to you.

This game is almost entirely PVE, so these kinds of buffs don't really bother me as much as it would in a heavily PVP game. If anything, it just makes your raids and farming faster, which benefits everyone in the party.

KarijunaBabyDani
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited February 22, 2018
    Thought this would be about how you need to buy char slots to max vanguard not a measly temp accessory :eyes:
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    ^ same i went into this thinking the exact same thing
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Buys stats with NX, still gon get out dps'd. Git gud
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Cadet Badge exists basically since the beginning. Both of these are temporary. There were more items like so throughout the years. What's the issue? Won't make much of difference.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited February 24, 2018
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    Tbh, if you're willing to shell out for extra stats more power to you.

This game is almost entirely PVE, so these kinds of buffs don't really bother me as much as it would in a heavily PVP game. If anything, it just makes your raids and farming faster, which benefits everyone in the party.

no no no,you got it all wrong

in this game biggest d*ck is reserved for people with good gear and fast clears

if player B buys some minor stats and gets to do raids faster then player A gets frustrated that his weenie stays limp and calls the situation "p2w"