[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Revive the XE Move!

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited January 30, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Okay, before you instantly reply "No," like I would have done years ago, at least hear me out and take what I have to say into consideration.

Short Backstory: I'm not nor was I ever an EU player. I've always been on NA since the beta days. I was a battle hardened spear lann that idolized RaidHunter & would push myself to be just like him in terms of skill. When I first saw XE, I thought some of the moves were flashy and cool but after learning that some things were toned down, XE became known to me as "eXtremely Easy." Granted I had never played it but I assumed that if I could solo bosses as a spear lann without iframes, why would EU spear lanns need such a crutch to get by? This negative stigma faded with time after the Ignition update, but I still somewhat held this negative view of the XE version making me a premier elitist.

Flash forward quite a few years and I found myself browsing YouTube only to come across a playlist showing off each character's XE move. I've come to admire these skills because they look so damn cool, and I appreciate them from an animation standpoint. It's a shame that they were lost despite nearly every character/weapon having one, so I suggest bringing them back. I'm not referring to the jumping combos, but rather the XE Move itself that costed 20% HP upon use. The skill read:
- Uses a quick and powerful blow towards nearby enemies.
- Consumes 20% HP whenever it is used.
- You cannot use it when you have less than 20% HP remaining.
- It can be used while you are using a different skill or while you are being attacked by an enemy.
- If you press the Smash key immediately after using XE Move, you can use a 4-hit smash.

I know that the XE Move will probably never be reimplemented, but it's a fun idea to toss around. IF this were done, the moves would of course have to be tweaked to fit the premier style of play. Some general tweaks for all characters should be:
  1. Remove the 20% HP cost and replace it with an SP cost (250 or 500?)
  2. Keep the original activation method of pressing both RMB/LMB.
  3. Cooldown of 5 or 10 seconds be added.
  4. Remove the ability to use it while being attacked/staggered by an enemy.
  5. Remove the iframes that the move has.

This pretty much turns the XE Move into a hard hitting SP skill that can be used at any time during your combo & allows you to go right into your 4th smash. Some characters would need to have their individual XE moves tweaked as well. I'll list them here along with gifs of each skills animation to show what they look like.

Sword/Spear Lann: Since Lann can glide after critical hits, his controls need to be adjusted so that players would have a choice of going into the 4th smash, or gliding if the XE move crits. I suggest holding down RMB+LMB to activate XE. If the player wishes to use their 4th smash, RMB should be released and pressed again while keeping LMB held down. If the player wishes to glide, both LMB and RMB should be released then RMB should be pressed to glide.
Spear Lann: Possible issue with using the XE move during Grand Hurricane due to sharing the same input as Quick Fury Infusion. Change to active skill, or make it non-usable during Grand Hurricane.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Sword/Hammer Fiona: Unsure if Changes are Needed. No Experience with Fiona
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Staff Evie: The 4th smash she chains into seems like a physical hit from when staffie had melee attacks? If so, perhaps change it to a spell? Possible issues with XE move triggering on accident due to RMB+LMB input. Change to active skill for Evie?
Scythe Evie: Unsure if changes are needed. No Experience with Evie.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Pillar Karok: Remove the obnoxious camera change. Yeah it looks cool, but it seems like it could disorient people easily.
Cestus Karok: Unsure if changes are needed. No Experience with Karok.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Bow/Crossgun Kai: Unsure if changes are needed. No experience with Kai.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Sword/Chain Vella: No changes needed here.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Greatsword Hurk: Not really a change, but every video I find of this has no sound effect for the move. Add sfx?
Teide Hurk: No XE Move Exists
giphy.gif

Glaive Lynn: Unsure if changes are needed. No exerience with Lynn
Blute Lynn: No XE Move Exists
giphy.gif

Spellsword Arisha: Unsure if changes are needed. No experience with Arisha.
Whip Arisha: No XE Move Exists
giphy.gif

Phantom Dagger Sylas: Unsure if changes are needed. No experience with Sylas.
giphy.gif

Bastard Sword Delia: Unsure if changes are needed. No experience with Delia
giphy.gif

Miri: No XE Move Exists

*Spear Lann: This wasn't an XE move, and this was the move I initially looked down upon, but after adding iframes to his roll, as well as lightning fury, I think bringing back the old EU style Fury Infusion dodge would be a good idea too. It would have to be re-named, and since I wouldn't intend on this replacing our roll, I suggest restricting this skill to only be usable during grand hurricane via the sprint button. This gives spear lann a choice: Cancel out of grand hurricane by dodge rolling away, or use the old FI dodge, and be able to resume the hurricane after dodging. This would allow spear lann to be a bit more consistent on mobile bosses because we wouldn't have to roll away, and wind up another spin. Similar to CB Vella being able to dodge & continue her 4th smash spam.
giphy.gif
Anthonytonyboy

Comments

• BlueRappyBlueRappy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Sylas XE Move (Spinning Into Air Move) @3:24

Would be nice to have it back =)
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    Nope. For the simple reason that it was hell to play Staff Evie. And yes I am being selfish.

Reason explained:
    XE-move is triggered by pressing RMB + LMB.
    As Staff Evie you'd normally cast save before going into battle and usally in the midst of battle as well. However, since there are always some people Looks at Hurqies who run straight for the boss, not caring about staffies it would trigger XE-move instead of saving the spell. This causes HP to be lost. On top of that, XE-move would also sometimes randomly be triggered when trying to cast save, but mainly when people rush into battle.

So yeah. No XE-move pls.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Furiel wrote: »
    Nope. For the simple reason that it was hell to play Staff Evie. And yes I am being selfish.

Reason explained:
    As Staff Evie you'd normally cast save before going into battle and usally in the midst of battle as well. However, since there are always some people Looks at Hurqies who run straight for the boss, not caring about staffies it would trigger XE-move instead of saving the spell. This causes HP to be lost. On top of that, XE-move would also sometimes randomly be triggered when trying to cast save, but mainly when people rush into battle.

So yeah. No XE-move pls.

So by the logic of your post, you don't want it because of buggy complications with Evie which is a perfectly valid reason to not want the XE move. But what if the issue with Evie was fixed? In my original post I did say that the move would have to be reworked for premier and suggested the removal of 20% HP in favor of SP. However, this does not solve the issue with Evie as the whole RMB+LMB is where the root of the problem lies. What if the XE move were made into an active skill that was triggered from a quickslot instead? Would this fix the issue for Evie? If so, would you then be okay with it?
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    Obviously making it
    Cloakshire wrote: »

Reason explained:

So yeah. No XE-move pls.

So by the logic of your post, you don't want it because of buggy complications with Evie which is a perfectly valid reason to not want the XE move. But what if the issue with Evie was fixed? In my original post I did say that the move would have to be reworked for premier and suggested the removal of 20% HP in favor of SP. However, this does not solve the issue with Evie as the whole RMB+LMB is where the root of the problem lies. What if the XE move were made into an active skill that was triggered from a quickslot instead? Would this fix the issue for Evie? If so, would you then be okay with it?

Obviously turning it into an active skill would solve the problem for Evie but make it far more annoying to activate it for chars like Sylas or Fiona.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited January 30, 2018
    Obviously turning it into an active skill would solve the problem for Evie but make it far more annoying to activate it for chars like Sylas or Fiona.

Well, I did make the suggestion that "Some characters would need to have their individual XE moves tweaked..." I notated that Lann would need his controls slightly tweaked to so he could perform a glide after the XE move if it crits. For the other characters though, I made a note in saying that I'm "Unsure if changes are needed, I have no experience with *insert character here*."

Making it an active skill fixes it for Evie but creates an issue for characters like Sylas/Fiona and possibly others. Well, what if it were made an active skill just for Evie while other characters retained the RMB+LMB? I'm sure this sill could cause issues for other characters though. Spear lann wouldn't be able to do it during grand hurricane because LMB+RMB is also the input for "Quick Fury Infusion." IE-Another Problem

Humor me for a moment by answering this hypothetical question. IF they added XE moves back in AND they somehow managed to intelligently re-add them without creating any issues, would you then be okay with it?

Also, if you know any other issues that the XE's default input would create, I would ask you to share them so we can come up with a solution. I've only ever played Sword/Spear Lann, Greatsword Hurk, and TS Vella. I'm not sure about the other characters, so I welcome anyone to post potential issues/possible solutions so I can add them to the OP.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    BlueRappy wrote: »
    ~snipped video~

Thank you for finding his XE move. Adding it to the OP.
    Also, thank you for the video in general. I found the BGM track he used and I'm +1 enjoyable song now :)
    BlueRappy
  • BlueRappyBlueRappy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited January 31, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    BlueRappy wrote: »
    ~snipped video~

Thank you for finding his XE move. Adding it to the OP.
    Also, thank you for the video in general. I found the BGM track he used and I'm +1 enjoyable song now :)

No problem, glad it was useful :)
  • TheophanuTheophanu
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Bringing back the XE move at least for some characters (e.g. for Hammer Fiona) as additional skills would be nice.

XE move [at least the animation with a new name and new specs] could be used to replace Focal Point for Hammer Fiona and make Focal Point long sword only.
    The developers should just make the hammer skill stronger than Focal Point, with the same SP consumption, CD time and of course, allow it to be activated during Shield Dash.

That way the (previously) XE move could be used as a rebalancing tool to make both weapon choices viable for battle (especially Pillar Karok and Long Hammer Fiona are in a bad spot atm) without requiring new investments for more animations by using what's already there.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775

Reason explained:

So yeah. No XE-move pls.

just dont pay to activate it in skills problem solved.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    i'd prefer that they brought back jump. i am lost without jumping around aimlessly around town...